ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

进化:生命之书 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

进化:生命之书

Evolution: The Book Of Life

[开场音乐] [键盘声音]
[Intro Music] [Typing noises]
[火箭发射的声音] [爵士乐]
[Rocket blast-off sound] [jazz music]
艾利克:你好 乔 最近怎么样
Eric:Hey Joe, what’s up?
乔:我最近想了很多
Joe:I’ve thinking a lot.
艾利克:是关于什么呢
Eric:About what?
乔:关于基因和进化 关于他们是怎么运作的
Joe:About genes and evolution,and like how it work stuff
艾利克:你经常这样思考吗
Eric:Do you do this a lot?
乔:是的 我是个科学家
Joe:Well, I’m a scientist.
乔:我是说-我的意思是基因和进化 我的脑子有时候会自动冒出这些
Joe:I mean- I mean genes and evolution, it just blows my mind sometimes,
就像万物是怎样从其它物种演变来的
how can everything come from other things.
我们是由怎样的同样的基因进化的
how can we be all make of the same stuff,
我是否是实际存在着
and how do I even exist?!
艾利克:好吧 早上10点前的
Eric:Okay… Seven cups of coffee before
7杯咖啡将引发一场生存危机
10:00 AM might conjure an existential crisis.
乔:你有读过这本书吗
Joe:Have-have you read this?
艾利克:哦《物种起源》这是一本好书
Eric:Oooh, On the Origin of Species. It’s a REALLY good book.
乔:达尔文指出世界上所有的物种都是由同一个物种进化来的
Joe:Darwin figured out that everything on Earth descended from a common ancestor
他是第一个指出物种是怎样进化的
and he’s the first person to figure out how things evolve,
而且物种还在不停进化着
that they’re constantly changing
而这些基因突变会传递给他们的子孙后代
and passing on mutations to their offspring.
艾利克:是的 随着时间的变化 随着基因的进化
Eric:Right! And over time, due to those mutations
他们可能有能力获取更多的食物
they might be able to produce more food,
或者会变装 又或者能生育更多的后代
but happen camouflage,breed and have more offspring.
乔:达尔文有个大胡子
Joe: Darwin had a great beard…
艾利克:甚至有些人以为这是这是人类有史以来最伟大的想法之一
Eric: Some people even think it’s one of the greatest ideas humans have ever had!
乔:等一下 比动画更生动吗 比那些立体脆玉米饼还脆吗
Joe: Wait… better than animated gifs?! Better than those-those tacos with Doritos for the
艾利克:是的 甚至比那些还好
shell?! Eric: Yes, even better than those.
乔:怎么可能负责地球上所有的事物
Joe: How could that be responsible for everything on Earth?
我是指 鸟类、米格鲁猎犬、
I mean, birds, and beagles, and
小鱼们、还有小猫们 还有艾利克:还有我们
little fishies, and- and kittens, an- Eric: And-and us?
乔:对,还有 还有我们 我的意思是
Joe: Right! And-and-and us! I mean,
怎么可能所有的这些生物都是由同一个物种进化来的
how could all of those creatures arise from the same tuff?
艾利克:因为地球上所有的生物都有
Eric: Because everything on Earth carries
同一本说明书乔:但是鱼类不会阅读
an instruction book. Joe: But fish can’t read.
艾利克:我想 我想说的是基因组 这是一个比喻
Eric: I’m-I’m talking about genomes… It’s a metaphor.
乔:噢,噢 基因组 就像花园里小家伙的尖尖的帽子
Joe: Oh oh, like genomes. Like the little guys in the garden with the pointy hats?
艾利克:不是 基因组 你不是博士吗 实际上我也看了一本书
Eric: No. GE-nomes… Don’t you have a Phd? Actually, I’ve been reading a book too.
《双螺旋》由吉姆·华生博士写的 华生博士 弗朗西斯·克里克博士还有罗莎琳·富兰克林博士
The Double Helix. By Doctor Jim Watson? Dr. Watson, Francis Crick, and Rosalind Franklin.
他们指出所有进化的物质都有同一种化学成分
So, so they figured out the chemical that made all the ingredients for all that evolution
他们叫它DNA乔·等等 等等 我知道这个故事
stuff. They called it DNA. Joe: Wai-wai-wait. I know this story. Those
这些人盗取了罗莎琳·富兰克林的科学成果而且还因此获得了诺贝尔奖 他们
guys stole Rosalind Franklin’s work and they won the Nobel Prize with it, and then
甚至没有感谢罗莎琳 假如你问我 他们就是一群
they didn’t even give her any thanks. If you ask me, they’re a couple of-
艾利克:正如我说的 所有地球上面的生命有一份可以向我们解释一切真相的说明书
Eric: As I was saying, all life on Earth is made of instructions that tell us really how
不管它是什么乔:那就是说物种都拥有
to be.. whatever it is! Joe: Does that mean every member of a species
同样的基因了艾利克:几乎一样的 每个个体的基因
has the same genome? Eric: ALMOST the same. Every individual’s
仅仅有略微的不同乔:哦 好吧 因为我们是
just a SLIGHTLY little bit different. Joe: Oh, right. ‘Cause we’re like the
同一个物种 但是你的头发是红色的艾利克:是的 世上只有少于1%的人
same species, but you have red hair. Eric: That’s right! Less than 1% of the
拥有红色头发乔:哦 我一直认为你有红色头发
world’s population has red hair. Joe: Oh, I always thought that you had red
是因为幸运
hair ‘cause you were unlucky.
艾利克:看见这四个字母了没有 这足够写2000种不同的组合了
Eric: See those four letters? It’s enough to make 20, 000 different instructions, in
46个不同的章节乔:听起来像是本新奇的书籍
46 different chapters. Joe: Sounds like a very avantgarde book.
艾利克:潮人们会喜欢的 你看 每个细胞里面有60亿个碱基
Eric: Hipsters would love it. You see, there’s 6 billion letters inside of each cell.
乔:听起来像是由千年时间完成的哈利波特 我是说 这不是我知道的
Joe: It’s like a thousand complete volumes of Harry Potter! I mean, not that I would
或者那些艾利克:嗯
know, or anything… Eric: Mhmm.
乔:我们要怎样知道所有的这些A C G T的碱基组合
Joe: But how do we know what all the orders of all these As and Cs and Gs and Ts is?
艾利克:我们将他们进行排序 我们已经知道了人类基因组的所有碱基
Eric: We sequence them! We’ve read every letter in the human genome.
乔:60亿 这将会耗费一个人数百年的时间 你是
Joe: All six billion of them? That would take somebody, like a hundred years! Are you some
所谓的巫师艾利克:现在有种机器
kind of ginger wizard? Eric: Now we’ve got these machines that
可以在一天内就把人类基因组组合好 你想知道它们怎么工作的吗 想吗
can sequence the human genome in a single day. You wanna know how they work, don’t
艾利克:很简单 整个基因组会被复制
you? Eric: So basically, the whole genome is copied,
然后将复制的分成小的随机的碎片 就像这样[打响指]
and then it’s put into these small, random pieces. Like this! [snaps fingers]
乔:哦 看起来这里有点重叠 我喜欢游戏 我敢打赌我可以拼回它们
Joe: Ooh! Looks like these overlap a little bit. I like games! Bet I could put these back
艾利克:看 这一切现在都有意义了 能够
together! Eric: See, it all makes sense now! Being able
排序人类的基因组对于科学界来说是很棒的一天
to sequence the human genome was an awesome day for science.
乔:我们的书随着时间的流逝进化着 而真正的书不会变
Joe: Our book is changing over time with evolution. Real books don’t change.
艾利克:当然 即使是达尔文也需要修正《物种起源》
Eric: Sure they do. Even Darwin revised On the Origin of Species.
乔:所以进化就像是这本书的编辑能够决定哪个版本是最好的
Joe: So evolution’s like the book editor deciding which version’s best!
艾利克:有时候产生的一个物种是无用的 它就会消失 有时候自然会创作出
Eric: Sometimes, a species writes a dud, land it goes extinct. Sometimes, nature writes
一本成为畅销作品的好书
a book and makes it into a best seller’s list.
乔:所以我猜这些生命的密码就像书籍 每个人有自己的版本
Joe: So I guess this code for life is kinda like a book, and everybody has their own version…
这是我想要读的书艾利克:我也想
That’s a book I’d like to read! Eric: Me too.
乔:谢谢你教我的这些关于基因和进化的事 艾利克 假如你想要
Joe: Thanks for teaching me all about genes and evolution, Eric! If you want to find out
了解更多关于艾利克的事 请查阅这本说明书假如你要了解更多关于科学的好故事
more about Eric, check that in the description! If you want to read more great stories about
请看这本书 并点击订阅
science, check out this book, and then click subscribe!
乔:[举起手]什么
Joe: [raising his hand] Whaaat!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Joy

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhd9c3Td5gg

相关推荐