未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

世界上的每件事都离不开创造力

"Everything We Do On Earth Is About Creativity": Shauna Mei On Supporting Creative Lives

Welcome to Generation Flux. I’m Casey Gerald, your host.
欢迎来到《流动世代》 我是主持人Casey Gerald
Here with Shauna Mei, founder and CEO of Ahalife,
这是Ahalife的创始人兼CEO 梅雪
one of the world’s leading market places
Ahalife是具有全球
for the most unique artists and products on the globe.
最独特的艺术家和产品的领先市场之一
Shauna, thank you so much for being here.
梅雪 非常感谢你的到来
It’s great to be here. Thanks for having me.
很高兴来到这里 谢谢你们的邀请
We are gonna talk about Ahalife, but I wanna actually start with young Shauna.
我们要谈谈Ahalife 但我想先聊聊你年轻的时候
There’s this line I found in a book in 1990,
我发现在1990年出版的一本书中说到
“Shanua arrived in the United States alone.”
“梅雪独自一人来到美国”
“A seven-year-old girl with a hole in her heart.”
“她是一个七岁的女孩 心脏上还有一个洞”
Yeah, I mean it’s kind of a crazy story.
是的 这是个疯狂的故事
I grew up in a little, tiny town called Hohhot in Inner Mongolia
我在内蒙古一个叫呼和浩特的小镇长大
which is on the border of Mongolia and China.
呼和浩特位于蒙古和中国的边界
The hole in my heart was that I was born with a birth defect in my heart.
心脏上有洞是指我的心脏生来就有缺陷
So when I came to America,
因此当我来美国时
it became something that my parents became very concerned about
这成了我父母非常担心的一件事
cuz, you know, we didn’t really have medical insurance at the time
因为 你知道我们当时没有医疗保险
and they had no idea what was gonna happen to me.
他们也不知道我会发生什么事
But a small miracle happened and the hole actually sealed by itself in my heart
但发生了个小奇迹 我心脏上的洞竟然自己愈合了
which people have never seen before.
人们从没见过这种事
I really felt like, wow, now that I’ve been given this chance,
我真的觉得 哇 既然得到了这次机会
I’m gonna make the most of it,
我就要好好利用它
and I live my life with urgency.
从此我的生活就充满了紧迫感
The 15, 16-year-old Shauna was very intentional about getting into MIT
梅雪你十五六岁时非常想进麻省理工学院
and you succeeded at that.
然后你做到了
And then you go to Goldman Sachs, a very, you know, uh
之后就进入了高盛集团 一个非常…你知道的
as a former Lehman Brothers’ intern, I totally get it.
作为雷曼兄弟公司曾经的实习生 我完全明白
But you stayed there for a while and then this idea came
但你在那待了一段时间后就产生了一个想法
– that you were gonna take a leap. – Yep.
-你要实现一次飞跃 -是的
Talk a bit about the preparation
谈谈自己在面临巨大风险时
that is required to put yourself in a place to take a really profound risk.
所需要做的准备吧
First of all, I do believe
首先 我相信
that you should always have multiple paths.
你应该有多项准备
And I always came up with business ideas and thought about the viability of them
即使非常专注于一件事情 我也会有很多商业想法
Even if you are very focused on one thing,
并思考它们的可行性
I always, in the back of my mind, knew
在我的内心深处 我一直知道
I could really build a life for here Goldman, and go all the way.
我可以在高盛拥有自己的生活并一路走下去
But my second path was to be an entrepreneur.
但我的第二条路是成为一名企业家
I want you to talk a bit about
我想你可以谈谈
consciousness and conscious consumption
意识和自觉消费
– because I feel that you’ve got a different perspective on it. – Yeah.
-因为我觉得你在这上面有不同的见解 -是的
Than the typical… if you go and read a business school case on conscious consumption,
比起典型的…比如你去读一个关于自觉消费的商学院案例
– it’s about where was the environmental footprint of this. – Yeah, yeah, yeah.
-是关于它对环境的影响 -是的 是的 是的
– But you’re talking about something bigger.
但你说的是比环境影响更重要的事
-Yes. -than environmental impact, which matters,
-是的 -这很重要
but you’re talking about almost something at the core.
你谈论的是核心问题
Everything we do on earth is about creativity.
我们在地球上做的一切都是有关创造力的
And I think that we live here, and oftentimes
我认为我们生活在这里
people fall into these patterns and they end up being
人们经常陷入这些模式中 他们觉得自己最终会
recyclers, if you will, of somebody else’s life or a model.
成为别人生活或一种模式的重复者
And that’s not your mission. Your mission in life is to break the mode,
那不是你的使命 你的人生使命是打破常规
and do things independently that are very unique to you
独立完成对你来说非常独特的事情
Just like an artist
就像艺术家一样
So my mission is to create a network
所以我的使命是建立一个网络
the infrastructure, if you will, the highway, if you will
一种基础设施 一种高速公路
to support all kinds of artists
来支持所有的艺术家
and if these artists can all actually make a living
如果这些艺术家真的能够谋生
like a thriving business, rather than be
像繁荣的商业一样 而不是一种被回避的职业
kind of a shunned career, then creativity will now be something that we, as a society,
那么创造力会成为这个社会上
actually endorse and take pride in.
我们真正认可和引以为傲的东西
-Next question. -Sure.
-下一个问题 -好
– What does the world look like
当你的迭代成功后
when this iteration of Shaunna has succeeded, not Ahalife,
不是指Ahalife 而是你自己成功后
but when you’ve done what you’ve put it there.
世界会是什么样子
I think that hopefully I don’t know if I’ll see this in my lifetime, but I want to get to a place where
我不知道这一生中是否会看到 但我想看到有这样一种地方
we are all really one collective community
在全世界每一种文化中
across the entire world, every culture.
我们都是一个真正团结的集体
We’re solving world’s problems collectivelly.
我们共同解决世界的问题
There is no more concept of elitism – who is better, who is not.
不再有精英——谁更好 谁不好 的概念
We are all kind of contributing.
而是我们都在作出贡献
That could be amazing.
那将会很棒
It will be amazing. I am betting on you.
一定会很棒的 我相信你能做到
– [chuckles] – Because you haven’t felt this yet.
-[轻声笑] -因为你还没有感受到
– Thank you so much. This has been extrordinary. – Thank you.
-非常感谢你 这次访谈很精彩 -谢谢
Generation Flux. I’m Casey Gerald. Thank you for joining us today.
这里是《流动世代》 我是Casey Gerald 感谢您今天的收看
here with Shauna Mei – guru, CEO and founder of Ahalife.
今天的嘉宾是梅雪——Ahalife的领袖 CEO和创始人

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

《流动世代》专访精品购物网站Ahalife的创始人梅雪

听录译者

AnnaCLN

翻译译者

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMWKjDY111k

相关推荐