未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

心安理得做个快乐的单身狗吧!

Everyone's getting married and I'm over here like

前几天 我和一个朋友一起吃早午餐
The other day, I met a friend of mine for brunch,
她向我公布了这个消息
when she broke the news:
啊啊啊!你被选中了!你被选中了!
YOU’VE BEEN CHOSEN YOU’VE BEEN CHOSEN
尽管我发自内心地为她高兴
And though I am genuinely happy for her,
但我也不禁难过地发觉
I also felt painfully aware that
我已经单身超过一年了
I have been single for over a year now.
知道啦 知道啦 谢啦 小宝贝们
I know, I know, thank you children,
我实现了很久以前的预言
I have fulfilled the prophecy I made so long ago.
这样长时间的单身可以说既有趣又艰辛
But being single for this long has been interesting and hard,
虽然非常寂寞 但也十分有趣
and terribly lonely, but also awfully fun.
过去我和情侣一起出去玩
Hanging out with couples used to be…
都觉得做电灯泡很闹心
really… infuriating…
但现在呢?
but now?
我跟你们讲 我好久都没跟人接触了
I haven’t had a human touch in a long time, you guys.
就让我摸摸吧
Just let me have this.
我想说 没错 每当听到朋友订婚的消息
I mean yes, every time a friend has gotten engaged,
我都有点会觉得……
there is a tinge of
我会孤独终老吗?
我养的五只猫会吃掉我的尸体
直到哪天有人发现我被吃剩的残骸?
是不是因为我一生收看的这些媒体
使我对爱情的期待被带偏 变得不切实际
让我完全不知道伴侣关系究竟是什么样?
多亏我的医生 我也深知……
And thanks to my doctor, I am also hyper aware that
你要错过最佳育龄了
– Your biological clock is ticking.
#时钟滴答作响 生活总要继续 呵呵#
– Tick tock on the clock, but the party don’t stop, no
#喔喔噢噢#
– Woah-woah oh-oh –
#喔喔~噢噢#
Woah-woah. Oh-oh.
没错 和我同龄的单身朋友也会聊到……
And yes, all my friends my age who are also single are having conversations like
我一定会去冷冻卵子的
– Oh, I am definitely freezing my eggos
哦 那太贵了
– Ugh, that’s just so expensive.
我可能会选择领养
I think I’m just gonna adopt
领养也不便宜 而且手续很难办
– Adoption is expensive too and also really hard
那我和有孩子的人结婚好了
– I’ll just marry a man-child then.
这样就既有丈夫又有孩子了
I can have both.
我有些崩溃 于是发了条推文:
So in a mini freakout, I tweeted:
“我的所有朋友都订婚 结婚或者生了孩子
All of my friends are getting engaged, married or having babies,
而我在这里真心为她们感到开心
and I’m over here just GENUINELY HAPPY FOR THEM
因为我不会拿自己的人生和别人做比较
BECAUSE I DO NOT COMPARE MY JOURNEY TO ANYONE ELSE’S
你也应该学我这样!”
AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU
我正尽力凭着这样的想法愉快地生活下去
And I’m doing my best to live by this
因为你懂得 有比较就会带来伤害
because, you know, compare and despair,
而越是想着“该来的总会来的”
and the more I embrace that the ends are in the steps I take,
我就越产生一种共鸣
the more I’m able to resonate with this.
这句话真的太有道理了
It was especially enlightening
特别是当我和一位婚姻美满的朋友聊天时
when I was talking to a very happily married friend of mine
就是那种“我好想和你互换人生”的对话
It was sort of this like’I want what you have’ situation,
我羡慕她安稳且幸福的婚姻
where I was very envious of her stable loving marriage
她羡慕我在事业上有所发展
and she felt envious of my stable growing career.
我们都只关注对方拥有什么
We were both looking at what the other had
并且满心向往
with so much longing that
因而都没太注意到自己已经拥有的东西
we couldn’t really appreciate what we had in front of us.
你在干嘛呢?
– What are you doing?
就打发时间 和老公看电视喽
– Just hanging out, watching TV with my husband.
噢天啊 我好嫉妒你 我好怀念有人陪的感觉
– Mmm, man, I’m so jelly. I remember companionship.
你在干嘛呢?
– What are you doing?
没干嘛 就一边逗猫一边看电视呗
– Oh, just hanging out with my cat watching TV
听起来好惬意 我好怀念自由的感觉
– Ugh, that sounds so great. I remember freedom.
– 想和我交换人生吗?- 想和我交换人生吗?
– Wanna trade?- Wanna trade?
还有 我有些朋友
Plus, I have several friends
她们是因为觉得这样是正确的人生轨道
who also got married, and had kids
才去结婚生孩子
because they thought it was the right path that they should take,
之后才恍然大悟
but in hindsight, have realized –
或许当初她们的选择不一定正确
perhaps it wasn’t necessarily the right path for them at that time.
有时她们希望自己没有那么早结婚
Sometimes they wish they’d waited longer.
有人觉得自己被不幸的婚姻困住了
Some feel trapped in unhappy marriages,
还有人因为放弃了事业追悔莫及
and some regret giving up their careers and feel unfulfilled.
我列举这些不是想描述她们有多么不幸
And I say this not to highlight their unhappiness,
而是想提醒你和我自己
but to remind you and myself that
人们总是倾向于美化别人的生活
it’s really easy to look at what someone else has and idealize it.
无论你是在为事业打拼
Whether you’re achieving professional success
还是和另一半订婚
or engaged to your person,
都要面对未来生活中的许多困境
there are still going to be issues to deal with,
经历许多情感上的煎熬
feelings to sort through,
你要时刻提醒自己
and a constant awareness
别把眼前你拥有的一切视作理所当然
to not take for granted what is right in front of you right now.
我是Anna Akana 我们会撑过去的 至少我希望如此
I’m Anna Akana, and we’re gonna get through this, I hope.
感谢Squarespace对本期节目的赞助
Thank you to Squarespace for sponsoring today’s episode!
Squarespace平台的模板获得过奖项
Squarespace has award-winning templates
而且他们的平台功能全面
and an all-in-one platform,
无需购买附件 升级包或重新安装
so there’s no patches, upgrades or installs ever.
如果你需要自己建站
If you need a domain, look no
别再挑了 就选Squarespace吧
further and say’ I do’:
Squarespace会为你提供简便又独特的建站体验
Squarespace has a simple and unique set-up experience
无论你需要什么帮助
and 24-hour customer service
都有24小时工作的客服随时等候你
if you have any bumps along the way you
即日起前往squarespace.com/anna
You can go to squarespace.com/anna
开始免费试用吧
to start your free trial today.
使用折扣码“ANNA”可以在结账时打九折呦
and use the offer code”ANNA” for 10% off at checkout.
网址是squarespace.com/anna
That’s squarespace.com/anna
使用折扣码“ANNA”可享九折优惠
and the offer code”ANNA” for 10% off at checkout.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

身边好闺蜜都结婚了,你焦虑吗?其实不必如此的!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

短尾龙

审核员

审核员WY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf-CvA_Q7v0

相关推荐