未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

通过搜索贴近每一个艺术品

Every piece of art you've ever wanted to see -- up close and searchable | Amit Sood

这个世界充满了了不起的事物
The world is filled with incredible objects
和丰富的文化遗产
and rich cultural heritage.
当我们开始了解它们
And when we get access to them,
我们被它们所震撼并爱上它们
we are blown away, we fall in love.
但是大多数时候
But most of the time,
大多数人没有机会真正接触艺术和文化
the world’s population is living without real access to arts and culture.
当我们开始探索我们的遗产
What might the connections be when we start exploring our heritage,
欣赏世界上美丽的地区和艺术时 什么可以将它们联系起来
the beautiful locations and the art in this world?
在我开始演讲之前
Before we get started in this presentation,
我想先做一些常规说明
I just want to take care of a few housekeeping points.
首先,我不是文化或艺术的专家
First, I am no expert in art or culture.
我偶然开始了这份工作 但是我深爱着它
I fell into this by mistake, but I’m loving it.
其次 所有我展示的内容
Secondly, all of what I’m going to show you
属于与我们合作的各个伟大的博物馆
belongs to the amazing museums, archives and foundations
档案室和基金会
that we partner with.
这些都不属于谷歌
None of this belongs to Google.
最后 你们看到的我背后的屏幕上
And finally, what you see behind me
现在在各位的手机和电脑上
is available right now on your mobile phones,
也可以看到
on your laptops.
这是我们现在的平台 通过这个平台
This is our current platform, where you can explore
上千个博物馆里的展品供您选择 只要动动手指
thousands of museums and objects at your fingertips,
所有细节一览无余
in extremely high-definition detail.
内容的多样性令人赞叹
The diversity of the content is what’s amazing.
如果我们只有欧洲画作
If we just had European paintings,
或者只有现代艺术
if we just had modern art,
我觉得那就有点无聊了
I think it gets a bit boring.
比如这个月 我们开启了“黑人历史”频道
For example, this month, we launched the “Black History” channel
策划了82个展览
with 82 curated exhibitions,
都是相关内容的文化和艺术
which talk about arts and culture in that community.
我们还有一些来自日本的精美展品
We also have some amazing objects from Japan,
围绕匠人之心 取名为“日本制造”
centered around craftsmanship, called “Made in Japan.”
我最喜欢的展览之一
And one of my favorite exhibitions,
也是我演讲的源泉
which actually is the idea of my talk,
我没想过会成为一个日本玩偶的爱好者
is — I didn’t expect to become a fan of Japanese dolls.
但因为这个展览 我成功地被圈粉了
But I am, thanks to this exhibition,
我真正懂得了这些日本玩偶背后的
that has really taught me about the craftsmanship
匠人之心的含义
behind the soul of a Japanese doll.
相信我 非常令人兴奋
Trust me, it’s very exciting.
我敢保证
Take my word for it.
让我们继续谈
So, moving on swiftly.
在这个平台上我想要快速演示的
One quick thing I wanted to showcase in this platform,
同时你也可以和孩子们或朋友们分享
which you can share with your kids and your friends right now,
是你可以真正地穿梭于这些精美的展品之中
is you can travel to all these amazing institutions virtually, as well.
我们最近的一个想法之一 是和纽约的古根海姆博物馆合作
One of our recent ideas was with The Guggenheim Museum in New York,
你会有
where you can get a taste of what it might feel like
身临其境的感觉
to actually be there.
你可以走进它们的大厅
You can go to the ground floor
而且显然 我想你们中的大部分已经去过那里了
and obviously, most of you, I assume, have been there.
你可以亲眼目睹这个建筑巨作
And you can see the architectural masterpiece that it is.
但是想想一个在孟买
But imagine this accessibility for a kid in Bombay
学习建筑却没有去古根海姆博物馆的孩子
who’s studying architecture,
也能够在这里体验到
who hasn’t had a chance to go to The Guggenheim as yet.
你可以仔细浏览古根海姆博物馆的所有展品
You can obviously look at objects in the Guggenheim Museum,
你可以进去一个一个地看
you can obviously get into them and so on and so forth.
这里包罗万象
There’s a lot of information here.
但是这不是我今天演讲的目的
But this is not the purpose of my talk today.
这是已经存在的
This exists right now.
我们正在构建一些其他的板块让平台更为丰富
What we now have are the building blocks to a very exciting future,
让文化艺术更好地
when it comes to arts and culture
被接受和被研究
and accessibility to arts and culture.
所以今天我和巴黎驻地艺术家 我的好朋友
So I am joined today onstage by my good friend and artist in residence
西里尔·迪亚涅同台为您展示
at our office in Paris, Cyril Diagne,
西里尔·迪亚涅是瑞士洛桑
who is the professor of interactive design
ECAL大学交互设计系的教授
at ECAL University in Lausanne, Switzerland.
西里尔和我们的团队的工程师一直致力于
What Cyril and our team of engineers have been doing
寻找其中的关联然后把它们做出来
is trying to find these connections and visualize a few of these.
我现在会讲的快一点
So I’m going to go quite quick now.
大家可以看到我背后的展品 对了 我澄清一下:
This object you see behind me — oh, just clarification:
亲自去看真品总是更好
Always, seeing the real thing is better.
以防大家觉得 我在试图复制真迹
In case people think I’m trying to replicate the real thing.
我们继续
So, moving on.
这个展品是 色列贝列卡特拉姆的维纳斯
This object you see behind me is the Venus of Berekhat Ram.
这是世界上最古老的艺术品之一
It’s one of the oldest objects in the world,
发现于23万年前的戈兰高地
found in the Golan Heights around 233,000 years ago,
现在保存在耶路撒冷的以色列博物馆中
and currently residing at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem.
这也是我们平台最古老的文物之一
It is also one of the oldest objects on our platform.
让我们放大来看
So let’s zoom.
我们从这个展品开始
We start from this one object.
如果我们把它缩放成一点
What if we zoomed out
然后来个文化的大爆炸
and actually tried to experience our own cultural big bang?
会是什么样的体验呢?
What might that look like?
这就是我们每天在文化中心所做的事情
This is what we deal with on a daily basis at the Cultural Institute —
我们让超过六百万 来自世界各地的文化艺术品
over six million cultural artifacts curated and given to us by institutions,
彼此产生联系
to actually make these connections.
你可以穿梭时空
You can travel through time,
你可以通过这些 更好地了解我们社会
you can understand more about our society through these.
你可以从地球的角度看待展品
You can look at it from the perspective of our planet,
尝试去在没有界限的限制下 感受文化和艺术
and try to see how it might look without borders,
如果我们仅仅是把艺术和文化组织起来
if we just organized art and culture.
我们也可以依照时间来探索
We can also then plot it by time,
显然作为一个数据专家 我对此非常着迷
which obviously, for the data geek in me, is very fascinating.
你可以花数小时浏览 不同时代的
You can spend hours looking at every decade
每一个十年之间艺术 历史和文化
and the contributions in that decade and in those years
所做出的贡献
for art, history and cultures.
我们很想用几个小时 为各位展示每一个十年
We would love to spend hours showing you each and every decade,
不过此时此刻我们没有时间
but we don’t have the time right now.
各位可以在手机上自行查看
So you can go on your phone and actually do it yourself.
(掌声)
(Applause)
但是如果你们不介意的话 请把掌声留到最后
But if you don’t mind and can hold your applause till later,
我们时间紧迫
I don’t want to run out of time,
因为我有很多很酷的东西想要展示给你们看
because I want to show you a lot of cool stuff.
所以 继续快速介绍:
So, just very quickly:
从这里你可以继续 另一个很有趣的想法
you can move on from here to another very interesting idea.
在漂亮的图片
Beyond the pretty picture,
和精美的可视化方案背后
beyond the nice visualization,
我们想要达到什么目的 怎样让这个平台更有实用性
what is the purpose, how is this useful?
下一个想法来源于我们在博物馆时
This next idea comes from discussions with curators
与博物馆策展人们的对话
that we’ve been having at museums,
顺便说一句 我也很爱他们
who, by the way, I’ve fallen in love with,
因为他们的一生都致力于讲述这些故事
because they dedicate their whole life to try to tell these stories.
其中一位博物馆策展人告诉我:“阿米特
One of the curators told me, “Amit, what would it be like
能不能做个策展人的虚拟桌面
if you could create a virtual curator’s table
把以我们的角度将这六百万件展品之间的联系
where all these six million objects
展现给大家那该多好啊”
are displayed in a way for us to look at the connections between them?”
你可以花上很长时间观赏不同的展品
You can spend a lot of time, trust me, looking at different objects
并了解它们来自于何处
and understanding where they come from.
就像《黑客帝国》里的经历一样
It’s a crazy Matrix experience.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我们继续
Just moving on,
我们使用世界级著名的文森特·梵高为例
let’s take the world-famous Vincent Van Gogh,
他的作品是这个平台上的优秀代表
who is very well-represented on this platform.
感谢与我们合作的机构的多样性
Thanks to the diversity of the institutions we have,
我们有超过211幅这位画家高清的珍贵作品
we have over 211 high-definition, amazing artworks by this artist,
我把它们排成一幅美丽景观
now organized in one beautiful view.
随着西里尔深入放大
And as it resolves, and as Cyril goes deeper,
你可以看到所有的自画像
you can see all the self-portraits,
可以看到静物写生
you can see still life.
但是我想快速地举一个例子
But I just wanted to highlight one very quick example,
在这里说很合适:
which is very timely:
《卧室》
“The Bedroom.”
这幅作品有三幅副本-
This is an artwork where three copies exist —
一幅在阿姆斯特丹的梵高博物馆
one at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam,
一幅在巴黎的奥赛美术馆
one at the Orsay in Paris
还有一幅在芝加哥的艺术中心
and one at the Art Institute of Chicago,
实际上 芝加哥艺术中心现在把三副作品
which, actually, currently is hosting a reunion
重新放在一起展览
of all three artworks physically,
这是有史以来的第二次
I think only for the second time ever.
但在这里它们以数字化 虚拟化的方式再度重聚
But, it is united digitally and virtually for anybody to look at
任何人都可以用这种不同寻常的方式观看
in a very different way,
而且你不用担心排队观看时的拥挤
and you won’t get pushed in the line in the crowd.
所以让我们一起快速浏览 《卧室》
So let’s take you and let’s travel through “The Bedroom” very quickly,
你们可以感受我们在 每一幅作品上所做的努力
so you can experience what we are doing for every single object.
我们希望这幅图片 可以在一个数字平台上
We want the image to speak as much as it can
尽可能地表现自我
on a digital platform.
你需要的只是网络连接和一台电脑
And all you need is an internet connection and a computer
(掌声)
(Applause)
西里尔请你再放大点 快一点
And, Cyril, if you can go deeper, quickly.
不好意思 这是现场演示
I’m sorry, this is all live,
所以 希望各位给西里尔一些时间
so you have to give Cyril a little bit of —
每一个展品都可以这样操作:
and this is available for every object:
无论是现代艺术 当代艺术 还是文艺复兴艺术品
modern art, contemporary art, Renaissance — you name it,
甚至雕塑也可以
even sculpture.
有的时候你不知道什么会吸引你去欣赏一幅艺术作品
Sometimes, you don’t know what can attract you
参观一座博物馆 或进行一次文化之旅
to an artwork or to a museum or to a cultural discovery.
所以 对于我来说 这确实是一个挑战
So for me, personally, it was quite a challenge
因为当我决定在谷歌 全职从事这个工作的时候
because when I decided to make this my full-time job at Google,
我妈妈并不是很支持
my mother was not very supportive.
我爱我的妈妈
I love my mother,
但是她认为我从事博物馆相关的工作是在浪费生命
but she thought I was wasting my life with this museum stuff.
对于她来说 参观博物馆是放假时做的事
And for her, a museum is what you do when you go on vacation
打一下卡就结束了
and you tick-mark and it’s over, right?
我用了大概四年半的时间
And it took around four and a half years
说服我可爱的印度妈妈
for me to convince my lovely Indian mother
告诉她我所做的是值得的
that actually, this is worthwhile.
我用的办法是 有一天我发现她喜欢黄金
And the way I did it was, I realized one day that she loves gold.
我开始给她展示 所有有黄金作为材料的作品
So I started showing her all objects that have the material gold in them.
我妈妈问我的第一句话是:
And the first thing my mom asks me is,
“我们怎么买这些东西?”
“How can we buy these?”
(观众笑声)
(Laughter)
显然我的工资没有那么高
And obviously, my salary is not that high,
所以 我说:“妈妈我们买不了
so I was like, “We can’t actually do that, mom.
但是你可以在网上探索它们”
But you can explore them virtually.”
所以现在当我每次遇见妈妈 她都会问我:
And so now my mom — every time I meet her, she asks me,
“你的项目里还有别的金银做的物品么?能给我看看么?“
“Any more gold, any more silver in your project? Can you show me?”
这就是我想解释的观点
And that’s the idea I’m trying to illustrate.
你怎么接触这些艺术品并不重要
It does not matter how you get in,
只要你接触了这些艺术品
as long as you get in.
只要你开始了解 你就会被吸引
Once you get in, you’re hooked.
说完这个
Moving on from here very quickly,
其实我想讲一个很好玩的观点
there is kind of a playful idea, actually,
从实用的角度出发
to illustrate the point of access,
简明地阐述我的观点
and I’m going to go quite quickly on this one.
我们都知道亲自去看这些艺术作品是很棒的
We all know that seeing the artwork in person is amazing.
但是我们也知道 我们中的大部分没有办法去
But we also know that most of us can’t do it,
我们承担不起费用 这很复杂
and the ones that can afford to do it, it’s complicated.
所以-西里尔 我们可不可以加载我们的艺术之旅
So — Cyril, can we load up our art trip, what do we call it?
我们还不知道怎么称呼这个
We don’t have a good name for this.
但是本质上 我们的平台上有来自68个国家的
But essentially, we have around 1,000 amazing institutions,
1000个伟大的机构
68 countries.
我们从伦勃朗的作品开始
But let’s start with Rembrandt.
我们也许只有举一个例子的时间
We might have time for only one example.
感谢组织的多样性
But thanks to the diversity,
我们收集了来自17个国家46个组织的
we’ve got around 500 amazing Rembrandt object artworks
约500件伟大的伯伦朗的艺术品
from 46 institutions and 17 countries.
假如在你的下一个假期
Let’s say that on your next vacation,
你想观看每一个艺术品
you want to go see every single one of them.
这是你的行程安排
That is your itinerary,
你大概要完成53000公里
you will probably travel 53,000 kilometers,
穿越46个机构的旅程
visit around, I think, 46 institutions,
仅供参考 您可能会释放10吨二氧化碳
and just FYI, you might release 10 tons of CO2 emissions.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
但是请记住 这是艺术
But remember, it’s art,
所以从某种角度说 这样做也说得过去
so you can justify it, perhaps, in some way.
继续下一个话题
Moving on swiftly from here,
这个话题 更专业也更有趣
is something a little bit more technical and more interesting.
目前我们展示的是利用元数据产生联系
All that we’ve shown you so far uses metadata to make the connections.
但是显然 我们现在有很棒的东西 - 计算机学习能力
But obviously we have something cool nowadays
所有人都喜欢讨论这个领域
that everyone likes to talk about, which is machine learning.
所以 我们的想法是让我们跳出元数据
So what we thought is, let’s strip out all the metadata,
看一看仅仅依靠视觉识别
let’s look at what machine learning can do
计算机自主学习可以为这个展览做什么
based purely on visual recognition of this entire collection.
最后我们得到这个非常有趣的地图
What we ended up with is this very interesting map,
这些合辑没有参考点信息
these clusters that have no reference point information,
仅仅依靠外观联系在一起
but has just used visuals to cluster things together.
每一个合辑对我们来说 新的艺术
Each cluster is an art to us by itself of discovery.
其中我们想展示给大家的
But one of the clusters we want to show you very quickly
是来自全世界博物馆
is this amazing cluster of portraits
精彩的的肖像集合
that we found from museums around the world.
西里尔 如果可以放大一点
If you could zoom in a little bit more, Cyril.
如各位所见 你可以在肖像中徜徉
Just to show you, you can just travel through portraits.
而且你可以寻找与自然相关 或与马相关的
And essentially, you can do nature, you can do horses
这里有大量的合辑
and clusters galore.
我们看着这些肖像
When we saw all these portraits,
我们在想: “我们可不可以为孩子带来一些快乐?
we were like, “Hey, can we do something fun for kids,
或者可不可以做一些好玩的东西
or can we do something playful
让人们对画像更有兴趣?”
to get people interested in portraits?”
因为我没真正见过
Because I haven’t really seen
去肖像美术馆很兴奋的孩子
young kids really excited to go to a portrait gallery.
我们想搞点新花样
I wanted to try to figure something out.
所以我们开发了肖像比对功能
So we created something called the portrait matcher.
这个功能很好理解
It’s quite self-explanatory,
我只需要西里尔 展示一下他美丽的脸
so I’m just going to let Cyril show his beautiful face.
随着他头部的运动
And essentially what’s happening is, with the movement of his head,
世界各地博物馆的画像 可以与之匹配
we are matching different portraits around the world from museums.
(掌声)
(Applause)
我不知道各位感觉如何
And I don’t know about you,
当我给我的外甥和妹妹演示的时候
but I’ve shown it to my nephew and sister,
他们开心得不行
and the reaction is just phenomenal.
他们都在问我:“什么时候我们可以玩这个?”
All they ask me is, “When can we go see this?”
顺便提一句 如果我们做个好人
And by the way, if we’re nice,
西里尔 你可以笑一下 找一张开心点的图么?
maybe, Cyril, you can smile and find a happy one?
完美
Oh, perfect.
我们事先没有彩排过
By the way, this is not rehearsed.
恭喜你 西里尔 干得不错
Congrats, Cyril. Great stuff. Oh wow.
我们继续 不然这个应用可以玩一天
OK, let’s move on; otherwise, this will just take the whole time.
(掌声)
(Applause)
所以艺术和文化都很有意思 是吧
So, art and culture can be fun also, right?
最后一个小实验
For our last quick experiment —
我们管这些叫做“实验”
we call all of these “experiments” —
最后一个实验 回到了计算机学习部分
our last quick experiment comes back to machine learning.
我们展示各种合辑 视觉合辑
We show you clusters, visual clusters,
如果我们让电脑命名这些集群 会发生什么
but what if we could ask the machine to also name these clusters?
不使用元数据的情况下 电脑可以自动为合辑打上标签么
What if it could automatically tag them, using no actual metadata?
所以我们有了这样一个浏览器
So what we have is this kind of explorer,
电脑为我们做了4000个标签
where we have managed to match, I think, around 4,000 labels.
我们其实没有做什么特别的事
And we haven’t really done anything special here,
只是提供了所有的收藏
just fed the collection.
我们发现了很多有趣的分类
And we found interesting categories.
我们可以从马开始 这是很直接的分类
We can start with horses, a very straightforward category.
你可以期待看到电脑放进去的
You would expect to see that the machine has put
都是马的照片 对吧
images of horses, right?
确实有 但是如果仔细看这边
And it has, but you also notice, right over there,
这里有一个非常抽象的图
that it has a very abstract image
电脑认定也属于马的分类
that it has still managed to recognize and cluster as horses.
这里还有一个从某种意义来说是马头的图片
We also have an amazing head in terms of a horse.
每一个图片都有标签 说明为什么它被这样分类
And each one has the tags as to why it got categorized in this.
那么我们继续看一个我觉得很有趣的例子
So let’s move to another one which I found very funny and interesting,
因为我不知道这个分类怎么来的
because I don’t understand how this category came up.
分类叫做“等待的女人”
It’s called “Lady in Waiting.”
西里尔请加快速度
If, Cyril, you do it very quickly,
你们可以看到这些精彩的图片
you will see that we have these amazing images
都是关于在等待 或在摆姿势的女人的
of ladies, I guess, in waiting or posing.
我确实无法理解
I don’t really understand it.
但是我一直在问我的博物馆联系人
But I’ve been trying to ask my museum contacts,
“这是什么 这张图里发生了什么”
you know, “What is this? What’s going on here?”
这确实让人着迷
And it’s fascinating.
回到金子
Coming back to gold very quickly,
我想要寻找金子
I wanted to search for gold
然后看看电脑如何给金子打上标签
and see how the machine tagged all the gold.
但是实际上电脑没有给它标签黄金
But, actually, it doesn’t tag it as gold.
我们生活在一个流行的时代
We are living in popular times.
它打的标签是“土豪金”
It tags it as “bling-bling.”
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我一直在难为西里尔 因为我讲的太快了
I’m being hard on Cyril, because I’m moving too fast.
现在你可以看到
Essentially, here you have all the bling-bling
世界上的博物馆为您提供的所有土豪金的物品
of the world’s museums organized for you.
最后 希望各位在听完这次演讲后
And finally, to end this talk and these experiments,
可以感到开心和感动
what I hope you feel after this talk is happiness and emotion.
然后当我们感到高兴的时候 我们会看到什么?
And what would we see when we see happiness?
如果我们看完这些
If we actually look at all the objects
被打上“快乐”的艺术品
that have been tagged under “happiness,”
我想你们会感到快乐
you would expect happiness, I guess.
但是有一个作品很吸引人很有趣
But there was one that came up that was very fascinating and interesting,
由我们的朋友 也是当地艺术家
which was this artwork by Douglas Coupland,
道格拉斯·库普兰所做
our friend and artist in residence as well,
叫做 “我怀念有网络前的大脑”
called, “I Miss My Pre-Internet Brain.”
我不知道为什么计算机会想念有网络前的大脑
I don’t know why the machine feels like it misses its pre-Internet brain
也不知道为什么这部作品被标记在这里
and it’s been tagged here,
但是这个想法很有意思
but it’s a very interesting thought.
有的时候我确实很怀念 我有网络之前的大脑
I sometimes do miss my pre-Internet brain,
但是当我开始在网上探索艺术和文化之后我就不这么想了
but not when it comes to exploring arts and culture online.
所以 拿出你的手机和电脑
So take out your phones, take out your computers,
去参观博物馆吧
go visit museums.
这就像那些坐在博物馆中 保存这些历史的博物馆馆长
And just a quick call-out to all the amazing archivists,
策展人或历史学家
historians, curators,
为您上门服务
who are sitting in museums, preserving all this culture.
至少我们可以让我们和我们的后代
And the least we can do is get our daily dose of art and culture
每天增长一点艺术文化知识
for ourselves and our kids.
谢谢
Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你热爱艺术,却因经济问题无法观赏深藏在各国博物馆里的艺术。而今,技术改变一切,你也可以通过搜索,来一饱眼福

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小山米

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjB6DQGalU0

相关推荐