未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

逃离焦虑/精疲力尽/抑郁的循环

Escaping the Anxiety/Burnout/Depression Cycle

Do you ever do that thing where you start to feel a little anxious,
你是否有过这种经历:一开始你感到有点焦虑
a little worried, or a little stressed out,
有点担心或压力过大
and then you try to do all the things.
于是你试图大包大揽所有事情
And you keep yourself really busy and you pile on extra tasks
忙来忙去 额外的工作堆积如山
and you try to take care of everything and control everything.
你试图做到面面俱到 掌控一切
But then you burn out and you beat yourself up.
但随后筋疲力尽 然后十分自责
And you’re exhausted and you feel like you’re a failure or whatever,
你感觉自己被掏空 有类似自己很失败的想法
and then after you’ve rested for a little while you’re like
稍作休息之后又觉得
hmm … You know what,
嗯……你知道吗
maybe if I just try harder the next time,
也许我下次再努力点
I can do it.
就能成功了
And then you start that whole cycle over.
然后又重新开始了整个循环
Well this is a super common cycle,
这种循环十分常见
I see it in my family, I see it in my clients.
我在我家人和客户身上都会看到它
And today we’re going to talk about how to break
今天我们就要谈谈如何打破这个
the anxiety-burnout-depression cycle.
焦虑-精疲力尽-抑郁的循环
Hi everyone, Emma McAdam here, I’m a licensed therapist
大家好 我是Emma McAdam 一名执业治疗师
and this video is sponsored by Better Help,
本视频是由Better Help赞助的
where you can get professional, affordable online counseling
在这里你可以获得专业 平价的线上咨询服务
for around 65$ a week.
只需每周约65美元
So check out the link in the description for 10% off your first month.
请点击描述页的链接 获取首月九折优惠
I’m currently working with a couple of clients who all get stuck
我目前正在服务几位客户 他们都陷入了
in this pattern where they feel anxiety,
这种倍感焦虑的模式之中
and then they try to keep super busy to avoid feeling anxious,
于是他们试图使自己忙起来 以避免焦虑
and then they burn out and they end up depressed.
随之而来的 又是精疲力竭 最后抑郁
I’ve seen this pattern in my family and in a lot of my clients,
我在我的家人和很多客户中都看到了这种模式
and from what I can tell it’s pretty common way
据我所知 这是一种十分常见的
that anxiety turns into depression.
从焦虑转为抑郁的模式
So in this video you’re going to learn all about
在这段视频中 你将了解到
how to identify and replace this pattern
如何用一种更加长久有效的方法
with a more helpful, sustainable approach.
去认识并改变这种模式
So let’s start by taking a look at each of those stages.
那么我们先来了解一下这种循环的各个阶段
So stage one is anxiety.
第一阶段是焦虑
Now this anxiety may not seem to come from anywhere,
这种焦虑似乎难以溯源
it might be due to an old trauma, or it might be more genetic,
可能是由于旧的创伤 也可能更多是因为遗传因素
or just an old habit,
或者只是个旧习惯
but regardless of why you feel it,
但不管为何你会有这种感觉
it’s the feeling of anxiety.
这就是焦虑感
So you might feel uncertain if you’re good enough,
你可能怀疑自己是否足够优秀
or you might feel jittery or unsure,
可能感到紧张或不安
or you might feel worried that you’re going nowhere
可能担心不知去向何方
or worried about the future or worried about money or something,
担心未来 金钱或其他东西
or it might just be more in your body you know,
或者可能就是一种自身的感觉
you might just feel more tense or more stressed.
可能你只是感到更紧张或更大的压力
Anxiety is uncomfortable and most of us just want it to go away.
焦虑让人不适 我们大多数人都想逃避
So step two of this cycle is to run,
这个循环的第二阶段就是逃避
to run about, to keep busy,
逃避现实 保持忙碌
to try to do as much as you physically can.
尽自己身体之所能去做更多事情
So for example, one of my clients took too many classes in college.
举个例子 我的一位客户在大学课业量太重
She was trying to train for a marathon.
她努力进行马拉松训练
She started a really intense diet,
开始高强度的节食
and she was also working a bunch of hours at her job.
同时花费大量时间在工作上
This stage, stage two, is where you try to use willpower
阶段二 正是你试图用意志力
to get everything done.
来完成所有的事情的阶段
You try to control everything, you wake up early,
你试图控制一切 早早起床
you say yes to too many things,
欣然接受太多的事情
and you just try to work harder or faster
想工作得更努力 更快
or you try to be more perfect.
或者努力变得更完美
You think if I can only do everything
你会想“我只有把所有事情都做了
or if I can at least just stay busy then i won’t feel anxious anymore.
或者至少保持忙碌 我才不会再感到焦虑”
So then comes burnout, this is the exhaustion stage.
接下来到了精疲力竭的阶段 这是透支的阶段
So for example, one of my clients felt tired
举个例子 我的一位客户觉得很累
and overwhelmed and depressed.
近乎被压垮 且情绪压抑
She felt like she wasn’t good enough.
她觉得自己不够好
She had a hard time feeling motivated.
她很难产生动力
But for a while she kept dragging herself out of bed,
但有一段时间 她不断地强迫自己从床上爬起来
until she reached the breaking point.
直到自己濒临崩溃
And then she had a meltdown at work,
然后她在工作中崩溃了
she got a stress fracture, she ended up quitting the marathon training,
得了应力性骨折 最终放弃了马拉松训练
but she was exhausted
她精疲力竭
and she started to sleep for like 12 to 16 hours a day.
进入每天睡12到16个小时的状态
And at this stage depression kicks in, right?
抑郁就是在这个阶段开始出现的
You may feel like there’s no hope,
你可能觉得没有希望了
this is the stage where you wonder like what’s the point in trying.
在这个阶段你会思考“尝试的意义何在”之类的问题
My client started to beat herself up
我的客户开始自责
and ask herself you know “am I a failure”?
问自己“我是一个失败者吗”
You had put in all of your effort all of your willpower
当你已经付出了全部的努力和意志力
and now in your mind you’re like,
于是你就会想
well, my best efforts just lead to failure.
“好吧 我尽最大努力也只会失败”
So when you’ve tried so hard to escape feeling
当你这么努力地通过去做
by doing everything you can everything that you know how to do,
所有你能做的事 来逃避自己的感受
but you still feel crappy,
但仍然感觉很糟糕
this is when some people
这时一些人开始考虑将自杀
start thinking of suicide as their only escape.
作为他们唯一的逃避方式
So for many they’ve tried everything they know of,
至此许多人已用尽了办法
but their attempts to run, to go faster,
但他们尝试去逃避 去奔忙的这种做法
just leave them feeling anxious and exhausted.
只会让他们感到焦虑和精疲力竭
So for my client the semester ended,
所以我的客户在学期结束后
she took a couple weeks off of work,
请了几周的假
and she just slept for most of the day, and then, you know,
每天大多数时间都用来睡觉
watched netflix for most of the rest.
余下时间几乎都用来看Netflix
And then when she started to feel less exhausted,
然后当她开始觉得不那么累的时候
she started thinking “oh, I’m not a failure,
开始想“噢 我不是一个失败者
I just have to try harder next time.
我只需要在下次更加努力
If I only try harder or do it better,
如果我更努力或做得更好
then I won’t fail.”
就不会失败了”
So as her worries started to build,
因此随着她的焦虑开始增加
she signed up for more projects, she started a new diet,
她参加了更多项目 开始新一轮节食
she enrolled in more classes and that’s how the cycle repeats.
报了更多的课程 这种循环便这样开始重复
So do you see this cycle in yourself?
那么你在自己身上看到这种循环了吗?
You don’t have to stay stuck in it.
其实你不必一直身陷其中
So let’s talk about breaking the cycle at each of the four stages.
我们来谈谈在每一个阶段中 要如何打破这种循环
So in this video I’m going to give you an overview of the skills
那么我将在本视频中简述
you can use at each of these stages to break this cycle.
在每个阶段可以用以打破该循环的技巧
But I’m not going to teach each of these skills,
但我不会教授每一个具体技能
because each of them takes some time.
那样耗时太久了
So I teach each of these skills in my anxiety skills playlist
因此这些具体技能我会放在抗焦虑视频合集
and my grounding skills playlist
基础技能合集
and in some of my other videos.
和其他的一些视频里讲述
So check those out to learn how to actually do this.
请查看这些视频以学习如何去做
So let’s talk about stage one, which is anxiety.
现在让我们谈谈第一阶段 焦虑阶段
So anxiety is all about perceived danger.
焦虑的本质就是对危险的感知
So instead of running away, create a sense of safety.
因此与其逃避 不如创造一种安全感
So if you fear not being good enough,
如果你担心自己不够好
build your self-worth on something you can control,
就要把自我价值建立在能够控制的方面
like your integrity and your values
比如正直地为人和价值观
instead of on accomplishments or doing more.
而非建立在成就 或做更多的事本身
When you feel anxious, practice grounding techniques
当你感到焦虑时 学着沉着下来
and calm your body before you choose a course of action.
先保持冷静 再选择行动方案
Don’t let your anxiety brain convince you that
不要被自己的焦虑洗脑
“everything is awful.”
认为“一切都很糟糕”
So instead practice gratitude
相反你要学会感恩
and look for the good in your life and in yourself.
去发现生活中的美和自身的优点
Managing anxiety is all about slowing down
管理焦虑感就是要放慢脚步
and restoring your sense of personal power and safety.
恢复你的能量和安全感
It’s about understanding your locus of control,
要了解你的控制点
which is accepting what you can’t change
即接受你不能改变的东西
and changing what you can.
并改变你能改变的东西
The second part of this cycle is the fight or flight response,
循环的第二阶段是斗争或逃避反应
it’s a short-term sprint to get away from danger.
这是一个用来逃避危险的短期冲刺行为
So trying to do a marathon at school,
参加学校的马拉松
an extreme diet and a relationship and a work.
极端的节食 恋爱和工作等方式
It’s like a gazelle running away from a cheetah,
就像羚羊从猎豹身边逃跑一样
it works for a little while,
或许暂时有用
but it’s not sustainable in the long run.
长远看来 效果却难以持久
So don’t get stuck running.
因此不要执迷于逃避
Don’t get stuck running away from your anxiety.
不要被困于总是逃避焦虑的怪圈
So slow down, breathe, calm your body,
要慢下来 呼吸 让身体平静下来
even in the middle of stressful tasks.
即便是身处高压的任务中 也要如此
Choose sustainable action instead of a sprint.
要选择有长远意义的行动 而非短期冲刺
This includes saying no to a few things.
其中包括对一些事情说“不”
Okay. Stage three.
好了 第三阶段
To avoid the burnout stage,
为了避免精疲力竭
you need to plan in and schedule time
你需要计划并安排时间
for regular rest and self-care.
定期休息 照顾好自己
This creates the opportunity for regular and sustainable growth,
这能使你有机会 持续获得意义长久的成长
and when you do fall short,
当你达不到目标的时候
learn to respond to your mistakes with self-compassion
要学会回应自己的错误 自我同情
instead of self-flagellation.
而非自我鞭挞
So beating yourself up or using fear as your motivator,
自责或以恐惧来驱动自己
it only works in the short term.
只在短期内有效
But in the long run,
但从长远来看
it’s going to drain you of motivation and energy.
它会耗尽你的动力和精力
So instead practice self-compassion.
所以学会自我同情才是正解
And at stage 4,
而在第四阶段
instead of just repeating the cycle, identify it,
不要仅是重复循环 要去认识它
write down what it looks like in your life.
写下你生活中的情况
So identify each of the stages
要认识属于你自己的
of your personal anxiety-burnout-exhaustion cycle.
焦虑-精疲力尽-透支循环的每个阶段
Use a growth mindset
用成长型思维模式
and ask yourself like what can I learn from this?
问自己“我能从中学到什么?”
For me and I think for a lot of people,
我认为 对我和很多人来说
journaling or writing things down
写日记或写东西
can really help you look at the big picture, like
真的可以帮助你看清全局
you really can intervene at each stage of this cycle in your life.
让你真的能在生活中 对循环的每个阶段进行干预
When you start to practice the little skills
当你开始练习这些小技巧
and incorporate them into your actions,
并将其融入你的行动中时
you can turn this downward spiral
你就可以把这种下行的轨迹
into an upward spiral of sustainable growth.
变成不断上升的 能够持久成长的轨迹
So, slow things down.
所以 放慢脚步
Choose intentional action
选择积极主动的行为
instead of just reacting instead of just running.
而不是被动应对和逃避
Take the time to take care of yourself
花时间照顾好自己
and treat yourself with compassion.
对自己多些同情心
Don’t forget to breathe, you’ve got this.
不要忘记呼吸 你可以的
If you appreciate mental health skills in concise little packages,
如果你喜欢这种简短的心理健康小技巧
You can support this channel on Patreon.
可以在Patreon上关注这个频道
Thank you for watching and take care.
感谢收看 保重

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你是否也有过这样的感觉,感到焦虑、精疲力尽、疲惫?你是怎么做的?我们如何才能解决这些问题,这个视频会告诉我们。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

重道

审核员

审核员TL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vfLmShk7MM

相关推荐