欢迎来到“电影中的英语”在这里我们会教你电影中听到过的美式英语
Welcome to English @ the Movies where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
今天的表达是“给我一些指点” 出自电影“小小人”
Today saying is “give me a couple pointers” from the film “Little Men”.
它讲述了两名男孩成为朋友 其中一位男孩的父亲是一名演员的故事
It is about two boys who become friends.One of their dads is an actor.
让我们听一听这句短语表达“给我一些指点”
Listen for the expression “give me a couple pointers”.
-你的父亲不擅长演戏?-他在表演上并不成功 所有事都不成功
-You’re dad ain’t good at acting?-He’s not that successful,or anything.
也许他可以给我一些指点 因为我长大了也想成为一名演员
Maybe he can give me a couple pointers, because I want to be an actor when I grow up.
你认为“give me a couple pointers “到底是什么意思呢?
What do you think that means “give me a couple pointers”?
是给我一些建议还是告诉我去哪里?
It is give me some advice or show me where to go?
我们再听一次 你选对了吗?
Listen again, did you get it right?
-你的父亲不擅长演戏?-他在表演上并不成功 所有事都不成功
-You’re dad ain’t good at acting?-He’s not that successful,or anything?
也许他可以给我一些指点 因为我长大了也想成为一名演员
Maybe he can give me a couple pointers, because I want to be an actor when I grow up.
“给我一些指点”意思就是给我一些建议
“give me a couple pointers”means give me some advice.
他们俩中有一个男孩想成为一名演员
One of the boys wants to be an actor.
而他朋友的父亲正是一名演员
His friend’s father is an actor.
尽管他父亲演的并不是很好 事业也没有成功
Although he is not very good or successful,
但这个男孩还是希望他能给自己一些指点 一些建议
the boy hopes he can give him some pointers, pieces of advice…
也许可以帮助他实现他的梦想成为一名演员
that might help him reach his dream of being an actor.
英语@电影为您教学
And that is English @ the Movies.
我是Abol
I’m Abol
太棒了!
Great!
我认为这就是一段美妙友情的开始
I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
