欢迎来到一分钟英语
Welcome to English in a Minute,
在这里我们将告诉你一些美语中的
where we teach you all about idioms
俚语
in American English.
美语里的俚语
Idioms in American English
很让人费解
can be hard to understand.
所以下面让我们来看看它的意思吧
So let’s see if we can figure out what this idiom means.
没有抓住要领
Miss the point.
好了 所以你现在懂了吗
Okay. So now do you understand?
我不确定
I am not sure.
你能再解释一遍吗
Can you explain it again?
我想我没抓住要领
I think I missed the point.
好吧 我会再说一遍
Ok. I will explain it one more time.
听起来像是某人没有弄明白某些事情
It sounds like someone does not understand something
这就是miss the point的意思
and that’s exactly what “miss the point” means.
当你没有抓住要领时
When you miss the point,
意味着你没有弄明白某些事
It means that you don’t understand something.
这个短语适用于各种情形
You can use this phrase in any situation
在美国大家都会明白你的意思
and everybody in America will understand you.
没有抓住要领
Miss the point.
以上就是本期的一分钟英语
and that’s English in a minute.
