ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

表现地球美丽和脆弱的绘画 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

表现地球美丽和脆弱的绘画

Drawings that show the beauty and fragility of Earth | Zaria Forman

我认为通过我的作品
I consider it my life’s mission
传达气候的急剧变化是我一生的使命
to convey the urgency of climate change through my work.
我曾北行至北极以了解
I’ve traveled north to the Arctic to the capture the unfolding story
极地融化的发展
of polar melt,
也曾南行至赤道记录持续上升的海平面
and south to the Equator to document the subsequent rising seas.
最近 我参观了格陵兰冰冷的海岸
Most recently, I visited the icy coast of Greenland
和马尔代夫的低水位岛屿
and the low-lying islands of the Maldives,
这些海岸岛屿连接着看似不同却同样濒危的
connecting two seemingly disparate but equally endangered
我们星球的两个部分
parts of our planet.
我的作品中包含了景色的不稳定的气流
My drawings explore moments of transition, turbulence
和风景的宁静
and tranquility in the landscape,
使观者可以与未曾拜访的地点
allowing viewers to emotionally connect
产生情感上的连结
with a place you might never have the chance to visit.
我选择传达这些美来对抗毁坏
I choose to convey the beauty as opposed to the devastation.
如果你能体会到这些景观的崇高
If you can experience the sublimity of these landscapes,
那么你就可能有心去保护和维护他们
perhaps you’ll be inspired to protect and preserve them.
行为心理学告诉我们 人们做出行动
Behavioral psychology tells us that we take action
或者作出决定最受情感的影响
and make decisions based on our emotions above all else.
研究表明艺术对我们感情的影响
And studies have shown that art impacts our emotions
比一则可怕的新闻报道更有效
more effectively than a scary news report.
专家预测北极无冰的夏天
Experts predict ice-free Arctic summers
将出现在2020年
as early as 2020.
而且截止到本世纪末
And sea levels are likely to rise between two and ten feet
海平面可能升高2到10英尺
by century’s end.
我献出我的职业生涯以阐明这些预测
I have dedicated my career to illuminating these projections
我利用一种易接触的媒介
with an accessible medium,
以一种统计数据所无法实现的方式触动人们
one that moves us in a way that statistics may not.
我的过程开始于去那些
My process begins with traveling to the places
气候变化的前沿地区
at the forefront of climate change.
在现场 我拍了上千张的照片
On-site, I take thousands of photographs.
回到工作室之后
Back in the studio,
我凭借对那些感受的记忆和这些照片
I work from both my memory of the experience and the photographs
创造出非常大尺寸的布景
to create very large-scale compositions,
有时超过10英尺宽
sometimes over 10 feet wide.
我使用软粉彩棒绘画 它如同炭笔 是干性画材 但是色彩丰富
I draw with soft pastel, which is dry like charcoal, but colors.
我认为我的作品是简单的线条勾勒 而其他人则认为是多彩的拼接
I consider my work drawings but others call them painting.
当被称做“手指画家”时 我震惊了
I cringe, though, when I’m referred to as a “finger painter.”
[笑声]
(Laughter)
但是我不使用任何工具
But I don’t use any tools
我一直使用我的手指和手掌
and I have always used my fingers and palms
来巧妙地处理纸上的色彩
to manipulate the pigment on the paper.
绘画对我而言是一种沉思
Drawing is a form of meditation for me.
它使我的大脑冷静
It quiets my mind.
我认为我画的
I don’t perceive what I’m drawing
不仅仅是冰或是水
as ice or water.
这图像是剥离下来的
Instead, the image is stripped down
颜色和形状的最基本形式
to its most basic form of color and shape.
一旦这幅图完成
Once the piece is complete,
我最终便能从整体上体验这个作品
I can finally experience the composition as a whole,
它像一座浮在玻璃般光滑的水面上的冰山
as an iceberg floating through glassy water,
又像一片卷着泡沫的波浪
or a wave cresting with foam.
平均下来 一幅这么大的画作
On average, a piece this size takes me about,
如你所能看到的 大约需要10秒钟
as you can see, 10 seconds.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
[掌声]
(Applause)
事实上 那样尺寸的作品 大致需要200或250小时
Really, more like 200 hours, 250 hours for something that size.
而且 自从我能够抓住蜡笔开始 我就已经在绘画了
But I’ve been drawing ever since I could hold a crayon, really.
我妈妈是一位艺术家 在我成长的过程中
My mom was an artist, and growing up,
家里总会有一些画材
we always had art supplies all over the house.
妈妈对于摄影的热爱
My mother’s love of photography
推动她前往地球上最偏远的地区
propelled her to the most remote regions of the earth,
我的家人和我都很荣幸可以
and my family and I were fortunate enough
参与并支持她的这些冒险
to join and support her on these adventures.
我们在北非骑骆驼
We rode camels in Northern Africa
在北极带狗撬在雪上前进
and mushed on dog sleds near the North Pole.
在2012年8月 我开始了我的第一次远征
In August of 2012, I led my first expedition,
我带着一群艺术家和学者 去了格陵兰岛的西北海岸
taking a group of artists and scholars up the northwest coast of Greenland.
最开始 应当是我妈带领这个团体
My mother was originally supposed to lead this trip.
我们在早期的计划中
She and I were in the early stages of planning,
是打算一起去的
as we had intended to go together,
可是她却患了脑肿瘤
when she fell victim to a brain tumor.
疾病迅速地侵蚀她的身体和心灵
The cancer quickly took over her body and mind,
她在六个月之后去世了
and she passed away six months later.
但是在她生病期间
During the months of her illness, though,
她对这次远征的信念一直没有动摇
her dedication to the expedition never wavered, and I made a promise
我承诺她完成她的最后一次旅行
to carry out her final journey.
我妈妈对北极的热情
My mother’s passion for the Arctic
一直回响在我格陵兰岛的经历中
echoed through my experience in Greenland,
我感受到了景观的
and I felt the power
力量和脆弱
and the fragility of the landscape.
冰山的实际尺寸
The sheer size of the icebergs
是令人震撼的
is humbling.
那冰原是有生命的
The ice fields are alive with movement and sound
它以我从未想到的方式移动并发出声音
in a way that I never expected.
我扩大构图的规模
I expanded the scale of my compositions
提供给大家我所体会到的威严
to give you that same sense of awe that I experienced.
然而 虽然冰的壮丽显而易见
Yet, while the grandeur of the ice is evident,
它的脆弱也同样显著
so, too, is its vulnerability.
从我们的船上
From our boat,
我能看到冰在反常的阳光下慢慢消融
I could see the ice sweating under the unseasonably warm sun.
我们参观格陵兰岛的很多因纽特社区
We had a chance to visit many of the Inuit communities in Greenland
这些社区现在正面临着巨大的挑战
that now face huge challenges.
当地人告诉我大片的海冰
The locals spoke to me of vast areas of sea ice
不再像以前那样结冰
that are no longer freezing over as they once did.
而没有了冰 他们的狩猎
And without ice, their hunting and harvesting grounds
和收获集中地大量减少
are severely diminished,
这些都威胁着他们生活的方式 甚至生存
threatening their way of life and survival.
格陵兰岛冰川的融化是
The melting glaciers in Greenland
导致海平面上升最具影响力的因素之一
are one of the largest contributing factors to rising sea levels,
上升的海平面已经开始淹没
which have already begun to drown
世界上海拔最低的一些岛屿
some of our world’s lowest-lying islands.
格陵兰岛之行的一年之后 我前往了马尔代夫
One year after my trip to Greenland, I visited the Maldives,
马尔代夫是世界上海拔最低最平坦的国家
the lowest and flattest country in the entire world.
在那里的时候 我收集了一些图片和灵感
While I was there, I collected images and inspiration
以形成一个新作品的构思
for a new body of work:
我打算绘出海浪拍打在这个国家海岸上的景象
drawings of waves lapping on the coast of a nation
在本世纪这个国家可能被海浪完全淹没在水中
that could be entirely underwater within this century.
破坏性的事件每天都在发生
Devastating events happen every day
不论是对地球还是对个人
on scales both global and personal.
当我在格陵兰岛的时候
When I was in Greenland,
我把妈妈的骨灰撒落在融化的冰中
I scattered my mother’s ashes amidst the melting ice.
现在妈妈成为她最爱的景观中的一部分
Now she remains a part of the landscape she loved so much,
尽管这景象在流逝 并呈现出新的形式
even as it, too, passes and takes on new form.
在我妈妈赠与我的很多礼物中
Among the many gifts my mother gave me
有一份礼物是关注积极
was the ability to focus on the positive,
而不是消极的能力
rather than the negative.
我的作品称颂那些我们眼睁睁失去的美丽
My drawings celebrate the beauty of what we all stand to lose.
我希望他们可以记录那些处于冰川融化的壮美景观
I hope they can serve as records of sublime landscapes in flux,
记录这些过渡变化 并且鼓舞世界
documenting the transition and inspiring our global community
为了未来做出行动
to take action for the future.
谢谢
Thank you.
[掌声]
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

Zaria Forman 的大型作品:融化的冰川、浮动在光滑水面上的冰山浮动和用泡沫修饰的波浪记载了过渡、不稳定气流和宁静的片刻。了解她对艺术创作沉思的过程和她作品背后的动机“我的作品是称颂那些我们眼睁睁失去的美丽”,她说道,“我希望这些作品可以记录那些不断流动的壮美景观。”

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Demo

审核员

vicky

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VF7kffCgJU

相关推荐