ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

画中的人生 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

画中的人生

Draw My Life [Domics]

一百万观众
One million people.
谢谢大家
Thank you everyone.
非常感谢你们的支持
Thank you so much for all your support.
谢谢那些从一开始就陪伴我的人
Thank you to those who were with me from the start,
感谢那些愿意坚持陪我到最后的人
and thank you to those willing to stick with me till the end.
我很幸运 可以从事梦寐以求的工作
I’ve been blessed with my dream job of
即用我的艺术细胞来娱乐观众
being able to entertain an audience through my art
没有你们我就什么都不是
And I’d be nothing without you all.
你们是真正的最佳选手
You, the real MVP.
不管怎么说 我收到做这段视频的请求好些年了
Anyway, I’ve been getting this video requests for years now,
我知道这种请求也慢慢变少了
and I know this trend has pretty much died off.
但为了庆祝这个具有里程碑意义的时刻
But as a celebration to this milestone,
我会告诉你们至今为止我的故事
here’s my story so far.
故事开始于菲律宾马尼拉
It begins in Manila Philippines,
我是家里的第二个
where I was born into a family
孩子 也是唯一的儿子
as a second child and only son.
我有两个姐妹 我是中间的那个
I have two sisters, I’m in the middle.
虽然我几乎记不起来这些
Though I barely remember this,
我爸爸在我小时候
my dad wasn’t around much
就经常不在身边
for the very early parts of my life.
为了养家糊口
Because he nailed the job in Saudi Arabia as an accountant,
他在千里之外的沙特阿拉伯做会计
and supported the family was separated by thousands of miles.
最终 我们有能力可以
Eventually, we were able to afford to
搬到沙特去和父亲住在一起
just move to Saudi Arabia and live together,
因为家人是要生活在一起的
because Ohana man.
作为一个孩子 我并不完全理解
As a kid, I didn’t fully understand the concept of
不同国家和文化的概念
different countries and cultures,
所以我认为沙特阿拉伯只是菲律宾的另一个城市
so I thought Saudi Arabia was just another city in Philippines.
我搬去的地方有个很大的菲律宾社区
It also didn’t help that in the area where we moved to,
但一点用都没有
there was a large Filipino community.
甚至还有一所我读过的菲律宾人学校
There was even a designated Filipino school that I went to
叫做阿尔科巴尔国际菲律宾学校
called the International Philippine School in Al-Khobar.
几年后
After a few years,
我父母做了和当时许多其他移民一样的决定
my parents decided what many other immigrants did at the time,
就是去西方世界寻找更好的生活
and that was to look for a better life in the Western world.
我们决定移民到寒冷的加拿大
We decided on the frigid land of Canada,
因为我们有几个朋友已经移民过去了
because we had a few friends who already immigrated there.
1997年 我们搬到了安大略省汉密尔顿市
In 1997, we moved to Hamilton Ontario,
在那住了一年
where we lived for one year.
那一年 我和跟我生日相同的两个人
In that one year, I made two best friends
成了最好的朋友
that had the same birthday as I did,
保罗和安东尼
Paul and Anthony.
在那一年短住之后
The year after, though short-lived,
我们搬了几次后搬到了米萨索加
we moved over a few cities to Mississauga,
在那里我们又住了七年
where we lived to another seven years.
在那些年
And it was in those years
我培养了我的艺术才能
that I really developed my artistic talent.
我还记得3年级的时候
I still remember back in grade 3,
我们要设计纸板车
where we had to design these paper cars,
我们可以在车上随意画画
and we were allowed to draw anything on it.
这种久违的自由
And just giving me that kind of freedom
真的让我兴奋不已
really excited me somehow.
我在上面画了火腿和乳酪
I went ham and cheese on it.
在引擎盖上画了火焰
I drew flames on the hood,
在侧面画了一条龙
like a dragon on the side.
但如果真的汽车带这种图案
And while that would look horribly tacky and douchey
会非常俗气
on a real car,
我的老师对此印象深刻
it really impressed my teacher.
因此 他决定以我为榜样
And so, he decided to make an example out of me.
他让同学们暂停 表扬了我的车
He literally stopped the class to exalt my car,
并且告诉每个人它有多棒
and everyone how amazing it looked.
虽然老师可能已经忘记了
And while that may have been a compliment
对我的赞美
that my teacher must have forgotten by now,
但我永远不会忘记他对我的艺术启蒙
it was the artistic boost that I’ll never forget.
从那时起 我基本上每天都会画画
From that point on, I just kept drawing almost every day.
我的目标是不管读哪个年级
It kind of became my goal to be the best artist in my school,
都要成为学校最好的艺术家
regardless of what grade I was.
之后我学习动漫
I then got into anime,
看到不同的风格
and drew the majority of my inspiration
我将大部分灵感都画了下来
from the different styles that I saw.
人们常常会问我
Every now and then, people would ask me,
“Dom 你是怎么学画画的?”
“Dom, how did you learn to draw?”
和几乎所有艺术家一样
And I give them the same answer
我也会给出这个答案:
that pretty much all artists would give:
练习
Practice.
如果你不努力提高自己的技能
Even natural talent can only go so far,
即使是天才也走不了太远
if you don’t strive to improve your skills.
我还记得一本有150个精灵的
I still remember having this Pokemon book
口袋妖怪的书
with all of the original 150.
我开始临摹每一个精灵
And I started off by tracing every single one.
当我对临摹感到满意时
When I got comfortable with that,
我就继续徒手画
I went on to freehand copying.
最后我开始发展自己的风格
And then eventually I began to develop my own styles,
画一切我想要画的东西
and just drew whatever the hell I wanted.
这就是艺术的美
That’s the beauty of art.
五年级时 我遇到了我最大的竞争对手 迈克尔
In grade five, I met my biggest rival, Michael.
那时 我在学校已经
At that point, I’ve already made a reputation
有了一定的名声
for myself in this school,
很多人认识我
and a lot of people knew me
因为那个孩子会画画
as that one kid who could draw.
嗯 事实证明 迈克尔也有类似的名声
Well, it turns out that Michael also had a similar reputation,
巧合的是 我们的座位
and coincidentally we were assigned seats
就在彼此的对面
right across from each other.
最开始我讨厌他
I hated him at first,
我知道他也视我为竞争对手
and I knew he saw me as a rival as well.
但是最后我们接受了彼此
But eventually, we opened up to each other,
成为了最好的朋友
and became best friends,
虽然在艺术领域 我们依然是对手
still remained artistic rivals though.
在六年级的时候
And then in grade 6,
我的父母决定搬到城市的另一个地方去
my parents decided to move to another part of the city.
我要转学了
I had to switch schools,
那段时间我非常伤心
and it was a very sad time for me,
因为迈克尔是我有过的最好的朋友之一
because Michael was one of the best friends I’ve ever had.
我去了一所名叫圣巴巴拉的学校
I went to a school named Saint Barbara,
你已经知道这里的一些故事了
you know a bit of that story already.
在这段时间
It was also around this time
我父母决定让我报名参加
that my parents decided to enroll me
这个叫Kumon的课外节目
in this extracurricular program called Kumon.
Kumon 是一个
Now, Kumon was a tutoring service
帮助落后学生的辅导机构
that helped students who were behind in school,
但我没落后
except I wasn’t behind in school.
我父母对教育相当严格
My parents were fairly strict with education,
我理解这一点 也尽了最大努力
and I understood that and did my best in my classes,
每一科都能达到A
often getting straight As in every subject.
但是我猜他们想让我完成得更好
But I guess they wanted me to overachieve,
所以觉得Kumon就是个
so they thought Kumon was a great idea
好的机会让我领先
to get me ahead,
特别是数学
specifically in the math department.
我超前得太多了
I got so ahead
在八年级的时候就开始做微积分
that I was doing calculus when I was like in grade 8,
我甚至没有意识到这是微积分
and I didn’t even realize it was calculus.
事实上我在高中做微积分的时候
By the time I actually was doing calculus in high school,
已经忘记了我在Kumon学到的东西
I’ve already forgotten what I learned in Kumon.
虽然讨厌补习 但它还是奏效了
Although I hated the extra work, it paid off.
因为我念中学时在数学和美术上总是名列前茅
Because I was always at the top of my class in math, and art.
并且获得了很多奖项
And won several awards in high school.
现在 高中对我来说有点像一场旅行
Now, high school was a bit of a trip for me.
我作为一个新生加入
I went in as a freshman,
交到了许多已经在那里生活多年的朋友
having many friends that have accumulated in the years prior.
我在学校表现很好
I was doing well in school.
我依然保持我的艺术名声
I still maintain my artistic reputation.
我有一个深深迷恋的好朋友
I had a best friend that I had a crush on.
生活很美好 但烈火国发起攻击
Life was pretty good, and then the Fire Nation attacked.
我的意思是不久我们不得不再次搬家
I mean and then we had to move, again.
直到那个时候
Up until that point,
我比起一般的孩子来说
I’ve already done a lot of uprooting and moving around,
已经搬过很多次家了
more so than the average kid.
新的国家 新的城市 新的学校
New countries, new cities, new schools,
我认为我可以永远住在这个地方了
I thought that this place was finally somewhere I could stay permanently,
然后我爸爸告诉我们
and then my dad tells us that
他在沙特阿拉伯工作的那个老板
the same boss that he worked for in Saudi Arabia,
现在住在美国弗吉尼亚州 并给了他一份工作
who now lives in Virginia USA offered him a job.
他们当时是好朋友 所以他答应了
They were actually close friends back then, so he took it.
在我高二的时候
I was in the middle of my high school years,
我知道搬到一个新的地方会很困难
and I knew moving to a new one was going to be difficult,
特别是去一个新的国家
especially being in a new country.
我是对的
And I was right.
我对能够重新开始
I did have some excitements
结识新的人确实有些兴奋
in being able to start over and meet new people,
但我的初中和高中生活证明这是一个挑战
but my junior and senior years proved to be a challenge.
虽然加拿大的课程
While the Canadian education curriculum
和美国的差不多
is pretty much similar to that of the American,
但是我真的觉得我在阶段课程上遇到更多的麻烦
I honestly felt like I had more trouble in the ladder.
首先 我不得不习惯于把70作为及格分数
First off, I had to get used to having 70%
而不是50
as the passing grade as opposed to 50.
我被介绍去学
I got introduced to AP courses,
以前高中没有的大学先修课程
which we didn’t even have in my previous high school.
最糟糕的是 我高估了我的能力
And worst yet, I overestimated my abilities,
参加了其中的几个课程
and enrolled in several of them.
一个是进阶美国历史课程
One being AP US history,
啊 这对加拿大人来说是一个明智的选择
ah, very wise choice for a Canadian.
我甚至没有意识到SATs是什么东西
I also didn’t even realize what the hell SATs were,
他们是强制考到大三的
and that they were mandatory until the end of my junior year.
我的学习量简直令人疯狂
My workload was insane,
我刚开始时都不知道怎样去处理它
and I didn’t even know how to handle it at first.
压力倍增 但是对所有的成年人来说
Stress built up, and “yes” to all you adults,
“高中生也会有压力 真是惊讶”
“high school kids can get stressed, woo, surprise..”
是的 我经历过
Yeah, I’ve been there.
除此之外 我还很孤独
On top of that, I was a loner.
我真的觉得自己不适应
I really didn’t feel like I fit in.
每个人都已经有了互相关注的人和自己的朋友圈
Everyone already had their clicks and network of friends.
我很难找到喜欢的人
It was hard for me to find people that I liked.
不要误会我
Now don’t get me wrong,
也有人愿意和我做朋友或什么的
some people did open up to me and whatnot,
但我真的没有觉得自己
but I really didn’t see myself
变得和许多人很亲近
becoming too close with many people.
我感觉很孤独
I felt quite alone.
我经常自己一个人吃午餐 参加PEP集会 坐公交
I often sat alone at lunch, at pep rallies, on the bus.
直到高中最后一年
I really only made friends and got close to people
我才和别人亲近 并交到朋友
in my last year of high school,
那是我决定学习霹雳舞的时候
which was when I decided to get into breakdancing.
霹雳舞帮助我
B-boying was what helped me
摆脱了我孤独的外壳
kind of get out of my shell.
我曾经是一个内向害羞的人
I’ve always been that introverted shy kid,
不愿意向别人敞开心扉
who didn’t open up to many people,
除非他们先开始
unless they initiated first.
我混合年级的班上的两个家伙
These two guys in one of my classes of mixed grades,
介绍霹雳舞给我 我们变得很亲近
introduced me to b-boying, and we got pretty close.
在那时 我也和一个跆拳道的同学要好
At the time, I was also close with one my Taekwondo classmates,
我向他介绍霹雳舞后 他也开始学
and he too got into dancing after I introduced it to him.
最后 我们变成了一大群的朋友
Eventually, we grew into a large group of friends,
只要有时间 我们就会
who would just hang out and have dance sessions,
出来闲逛和跳舞
whenever we had time.
有趣的事实 因为我同一年级没有很多朋友
Fun fact, since I didn’t have many friends in my grade,
我缺席了毕业舞会
I ended up skipping prom to just hang out
跑去和我的低年级队员一起跳舞
in session with my underclassmen crew.
我把他们看作是我在弗吉尼亚州的最好的朋友
I consider them to be my best friends in Virginia.
然后到了大学的时候
And then came time for University.
小的时候 我一直想成为一名艺术家
As a kid, I’ve always just wanted to be an artist,
或者从事艺术衍生职业
or many variation of it.
我有很多想法 充满了想象力
I had so many ideas, so much imagination,
和很多激情
so much passion.
我希望能将艺术家作为职业
I wanted it to be my career.
但我的父母确实不鼓励我学艺术
And although my parents did exactly discourage my art,
他们担心我在成人世界里的
they were worried about my well-being,
幸福和工作保障
and job security in the adult world,
因为他们相信
because they believed in the notion
所有的艺术家都穷困潦倒
that all artists were broken starving,
所以他们鼓励我
and so they encouraged me
仅仅把画画作为我的爱好
to keep my drawings as only a hobby.
我并没有完全想放弃我的艺术能力
I didn’t entirely want to give up my artistic abilities,
所以我们尝试妥协
and so we try to meet halfway,
我告诉他们我想从事建筑
when I told him I wanted to pursue architecture.
在高中的最后一年
Sometimes during my last year of high school,
我父亲给我们带来改变人生的消息
my dad known to give us life-changing news,
再一次说:“我们要搬家”
once again said “we were moving.”
公司发生了一些事情
Something happened with the company,
我们可能要搬去意大利或者其他地方
and I think we had the choice of moving to Italy or something,
但是我们都反对
but we were like lol nope,
最后大家决定只是搬回加拿大
and decided to just move back to Canada.
我们匆匆离开
No offense day to leave,
但是我们还没有准备好进入一个全新的文化
but we weren’t ready to just jump into an entirely new culture.
我进入了加拿大多伦多瑞尔森大学的
I was admitted into the Department of Architectural Science,
建筑科学系
at Ryerson University in Toronto Canada. Mouthful.
在那里 我经历了四年可怕的岁月
There I endured four gruesome years of
我现在只记得一点模糊的印象
what I only now remember as a blurred,
印象里是无尽的通宵
due to the endless streams of all-nighters.
第一年对我来说 打击真的很大
My first year really hit me hard.
工作量非常荒谬 而且非常的主观
The workload was ridiculous and often subjective.
我想在第一个学期之后退学
I wanted to drop out after just one semester,
但是我坚持了 我告诉自己
but I held on and told myself,
我也可以完成我的第一学年
I might as well finish my first year.
通过了另一个学期 我告诉自己
Got through another semester, told myself,
是的 我想那还不算太糟
“Yeah, I guess that wasn’t so bad.
让我看看第二年的情况如何
Let’s see how second year goes.”
我也很讨厌第二学年 然后我想了很多别的问题
Hated it too, I was then considering other programs.
但是再一次 我说服自己要继续
But once again, I convinced myself to continue,
因为我已经成功了一半
because I made it through halfway,
我也可以全部完成
I might as well go all the way.
这是在我第二学年之后 2010年夏天
It was after my second year, the summer of 2010,
我开始用一个绘图板画画
when I got my hands on a drawing tablet.
有一天 我在一家电子商店
I was at an electronics store one day,
我决定只是去逛逛 看看橱窗
and decided to just wander around and window shop a bit.
当我看到它 我想
When I saw it, I thought,
哇 这让你在电脑上画画?真是惊人
“whoa, this lets you draw on the computer? Amazing!”
它现在特价卖40美元
It was on sale for $40.
买下它 回家
Got it, went home.
花了一整天的时间来用数位板画画
And spent the whole day just drawing digitally.
也是在这个时候
It was also around this time
我真的沉迷网络漫画
when I was really into web comics.
我读了cyanide and Happiness、 xckd 和the Oatmeal
I read cyanide and Happiness, xkcd, the Oatmeal.
但有一个脱颖而出
but there was one that stood out
那我最喜欢读的一本
and whom I enjoyed reading the most.
Ryan Hudson创作的Channelate
Ryan Hudson, Channelate.
他的画风和幽默感让我很感兴趣
His panel pacing and sense of humor really intrigued me,
所以我决定制作我自己的漫画
and so I decided to make my own comics.
我还在学校学建筑
Still being at architecture school,
既没有时间也没有钱
I neither had the time nor money
做一个网站去展出我愚蠢的漫画
to really invest in a website to post my silly comics.
这就是为什么我决定把他放在 Tumblr
This’s why so I decided to just put him on Tumblr.
我需要一个名字
I needed a name.
我想出了Domics
I came up with Domics
即Dominic’s comics的简单组合
as a simple combination of Dominic’s comics.
大约在Tumblr连续投稿两个月后
After about two months of posting comics non-stop on Tumblr,
我有了1000个追随者
I reached my first 1,000 followers.
这个里程碑对我来说意义深远
That milestone really meant a lot to me,
鼓励我继续前进
and encouraged me to keep going,
因为我的想法还没有耗尽
as I still wasn’t running out of ideas.
我的观众一直在增长
My audience kept growing and growing,
最后我有一个相当坚实的粉丝基础
and eventually I had a pretty solid fan base.
很快就到了2012年
Fast forward to 2012,
我开始四年计划的后半部分
I entered the second half of my 4-year program,
并获得了建筑学的学士学位
and graduated with a bachelor’s in architecture.
是时候要进入这个领域了
It was time I entered the field.
是时候成为一个有真正工作的真正成年人
It was time I became a real adult with a real job.
巴拉巴拉巴拉……
Blah blah blah blah.
但是我并没有马上去做
But I didn’t exactly do that right away.
在学校的四年真的让我筋疲力尽
The four years really burnt me out,
我认为我应该放松一下 做个土豆
and I thought I deserved to relax for a bit and be a potato.
因为那时我有了更多的空闲时间
Since I then had more free time,
我开始追我最喜欢的YouTube频道
I started catching up on my favorite YouTube channels,
同时也发现新的频道
and also discover new ones.
我开始看很多Egoraptor、Oni
I started watching a lot of Egoraptor, Oni,
booster teeth animated adventures、swoozie 和其他的频道
booster teeth animated adventures, swoozie and many others.
就像在2010年我被激发创作漫画一样
And just as I was inspired to make comics in 2010,
我想: “嘿 这看起来很有趣
I thought “hey, this looks like fun.
我决定去尝试一些新东西”
I decided to try something new.”
我想学习如何做动画
I wanted to learn how to animate.
当我还是个孩子时 动画总是吸引我
Animation has always intrigued me as a kid,
我是看这些卡通和动漫节目中长大的
growing up with all these cartoons and anime shows.
在我年轻的时候
I’ve done my fair share of stick fights,
我已经完成了相当一部分的火柴人
when I was younger,
但是从来没有尝试去追求其他层次的动画
but never really tried pursuing the other levels of animation.
我甚至收到粉丝的来信
I even got messages from fans,
问我为什么要用Fl 来画漫画
asking why I used Adobe Flash to draw my comics,
因为人们经常用它来创作动画
since it’s often known to be used for animations.
虽然我不知道动画制作的技巧
I didn’t know Jack about animating though.
我只知道画一个又一个的
I just knew you would draw frames
帧来模拟动作
after another to simulate motion,
但是我对很多人们用来高效制作视频的
but I was oblivious to the many techniques
技巧都不熟悉
people use to efficiently make a video.
所以我开始观看Flash教程自学
So I started watching Flash tutorials and teaching myself,
最后学到了制作的窍门
and eventually got the hang of it.
就在我开始画动漫的两年后
And pretty much exactly two years after I started domics,
我用相同的名字
I posted my first animation on Youtube,
投了我第一个卡通片到YouTube
under the same name.
是的 他们不是漫画
Yeah, they weren’t comics,.
在那时我已经为自己做了一个商标
But I’ve already made a brand for myself by then,
所以我打算保留这个名字
so I decided to keep the name.
幸运的是 在那个时候 我通过一个共同好友
Luckily enough, around this time I met Eileen,
认识了阿林 又名白色三叶草
aka white clover productions through a mutual friend.
他喜欢电影 也有他自己的YouTube 频道
He was interested in film and has his own YouTube channel,
频道以十二生肖系列闻名
known for the Zodiac series.
他告诉我这个不断变化的平台 即YouTube
He told me about the ever changing platform that is YouTube,
以及它如何成为许多人的职业道路
and how it’s become a career path for many.
他是其中一个
He was the one
鼓励我把内容推到 YouTube 上
who encouraged me to push my content onto YouTube,
并且相信我将会成功
and believed that I’d be successful.
然后他把我介绍到合伙计划
He then introduced me to the Partnership Program,
很快我就从我那愚蠢的视频中收益
and pretty soon I was earning revenue from my silly videos,
视频是我在我房间用
that I made in my room using the tablet
两年前用40美元买的绘图板画的
I bought for $40 two years ago.
那时
At this point in my life,
我置于一个
I was put in a position
我必须决定想要做什么的位置
where I had to decide what I wanted to do.
我最近从一个地狱般的四年计划中毕业
I recently graduated from a four-year hell of a program,
我不想所有的努力都被浪费
and I didn’t want all that hard work to go to waste.
不过 我也有动漫
But then, I also had domics.
这方面的爱好 我也投入了大量的努力
This side hobby that I’ve also put a lot of effort in,
并仍在继续
and was still continuing to blow up.
我认为“我还年轻
I thought “I’m still young,
我不妨去找点乐子
I might as well have some fun,
看看动漫会带领我走到哪里”
and see where domics leads me.”
现在 两年半后 我们在这里
And now two and a half years later, here we are.
超过一百万的你们还在支持我
Over 1 million of you still supporting me,
还在订阅我的频道
still haven’t unsubscribed.
从这次旅行中我遇到了一些令人惊喜的人
I’ve met some amazing people throughout this journey.
我希望可以遇到更多
And I hope to meet many more.
我不确切知道未来两年半
I don’t know exactly where I’ll be
我会在哪里
in another two and a half years,
但是希望我仍然会做我喜欢做的事
but let’s hope I’ll still be doing what I love to do.
即以某种形式做大家都喜欢的东西
And that is to entertain you all in some form or another.

Yeap.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

介绍视频作者对画画的心路历程

听录译者

红花老七

翻译译者

杜小雅

审核员

审核员 D

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyXFtBFXaMo

相关推荐