Gross photo shows why dogs should not eat chocolate
What we are about to show is really, really gross.
So if you don’t want to see what happens
when a dog eat too much chocolate, click away now.
This is Sophia,a boxer who made into an animal hospital in Virginia
盒子上都是呕吐物 那是因为她被训练吃了太多巧克力 看起来像个病人
look like a scene from the Exorcist after eating too much chocolate.
Sophia’s problem started last holiday season
when she and an unnamed K-9 partner in crime help themselves
more than a kilo of chocolate left under the Christmas tree by the owner Daisy Roha
Chocolate contains a stimulant called Theobromine that is toxic to dogs.
它会影响狗的心脏 肾脏 和中枢神经系统
It can affect the heart, kidneys and central nerve system.
Dogs who eat too much chocolate can die,
就算不死也会生病 包括腹泻 癫痫 和呕吐
at best they still suffer symptoms including diarrhea,seizures and vomiting
The darker the chocolate, the more theobromine it contains.
Doses of around a hundred milligrams for a kilogram of body weight are toxic to dogs.
Sophia and the other dog were rushed to an animal hospital for treatment suffering from vomiting and high heart rates.
After chucking of the other chocolate fountain,
狗狗们被喂食了一些活性炭 以阻止有毒物质被吸收 并且补充葡萄糖水来恢复体力
the dogs were fed activated charcoal to stop toxins from being absorbed and given intravenous fluids
The animal hospital released the pooch-puke-photo on social media
to warn owners not to feed their dogs chocolate this festive season.
Sophia and her friends survived death by chocolate and made a full recovery from the incident.