未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

常在凌晨两点至四点失眠意味着什么?

Do You Often Wake Up Between 2-4 AM? Here’s What It Means

Hey everyone, and welcome to TopThink.
大家好 欢迎来到《顶级思考》
Today we are going to learn about what it means
今天我们将了解
when you wake up between two and four in the morning.
凌晨两点至四点起床意味着什么
Now, let’s begin!
现在开始!
Sleep disruptions affect an astounding 35% of people on a regular basis.
经常受到失眠影响的人占到了惊人的35%
At least three times per week, millions of people wake up,
数百万人每周至少三次会凌晨醒来
look at the time, and wonder, “why am I awake right now?”
看着时间 想知道“为什么现在醒了?”
For some people, this is an easy question to answer.
对某些人来说 答案很简单
Maybe your neighbor’s dog barks through the night.
可能你邻居的狗整晚都在叫
Perhaps your partner snores louder than a boat horn.
大概你另一半的呼噜声比船的汽笛声还响
While frustrating, environmental disruptions
虽然会让我们泄气 但环境干扰可以
can explain a significant percentage of irregular sleep cycles.
解释大部分的睡眠周期不规律
Whether your bedroom is too loud,
无论是卧室太吵
too hot, too simply uncomfortable,
太热 还是单纯地让人不舒服
there are simple measures you can take
我们都可以试试这几个简单的方法
to prevent environmental stimuli from interrupting your regular sleep schedule.
避免环境刺激因素中断规律的睡眠安排
Sleeping with earplugs, for example,
比如 戴耳塞睡觉
can reduce the likelihood of disruptive sounds waking you during the night.
可减少夜间被噪音吵醒的可能性
But what about the large percentage of people
但对于很大一部分
who wake up between two and four in the morning all on their own?
凌晨两点至四点自己醒来的人该怎么办?
What steps can you take to improve your sleep cycle
能采取什么样的措施来改善睡眠周期
and consistently experience a good night’s rest?
并且保持良好的睡眠状态?
Before we can troubleshoot your sleep cycle,
在我们对睡眠周期进行故障排除之前
you need to break down how a healthy sleep cycle is supposed to function.
你需要分解出一个健康的睡眠周期如何运作的
Most people are loosely familiar with sleep-related terms like
大多数人不太了解睡眠的相关术语 比如
REM cycles, deep sleep, and circadian rhythms.
快速眼动周期 深度睡眠及昼夜节律
You’ve probably heard vague recommendations like
我们可能听过一些笼统的建议 比如
“sleep for 8 hours every night” or “wake up at the same time every day.”
“每晚睡8小时”或“每天定时起床”
For regular and consistent sleepers, this is good advice.
这对睡眠规律且睡眠质量好的人来说有用
However, irregular sleepers may need to make more significant changes,
然而 睡眠不规律的人可能需要做出更大的改变
and those changes require an in-depth understanding of
而做出这些改变需要深入了解你的身体
why your body struggles to sleep through the night.
为什么会整晚难以入睡
First and foremost, your sleep-and-wake cycle
首要的就是 我们的作息周期是由
is regulated by an internal 24-hour clock called a circadian rhythm.
体内一个叫昼夜节律的24小时时钟调节的
Many people think circadian rhythms are like alarm clocks
很多人认为昼夜节律就像闹钟一样
that put you to sleep and wake you up in the morning.
让你晚上睡觉 早上起床
That is partially true, but the biological role of your circadian rhythm is
说法部分正确 但昼夜节律的生物作用比
more complex and far-reaching than most people realize.
大多数人认知中的更加复杂 影响更深远
Your circadian rhythm, also known as a biological clock,
昼夜节律 也叫做生物钟
tells your body when to be alert and when to fall asleep.
它会告诉身体什么时候醒 什么时候睡
It controls your sleep-and-wake cycle by releasing different kinds of hormones.
通过释放不同种类的激素来控制作息周期
Those hormones are why you feel energetic in the morning and tired in the evening.
这些激素是你早晨活力 夜晚疲惫的原因
But how does your circadian rhythm know
但昼夜节律是如何知道
when to wake you up and when to calm you down?
何时让你起床 何时让你平静下来呢?
Your sleep-and-wake cycle depends on several important variables,
我们的作息周期取决于几个重要的可变因素
some of which you can control and some of which you can’t.
其中一些可控 另一些则不可控
For example, your circadian rhythm
比如 我们的昼夜节律
naturally corresponds to the Earth’s day and night cycle.
天生和地球的昼夜周期相一致
When the sun is shining, your body knows to wake up and be active.
日照大地时 你的身体知道该起床活动了
But when the sun sets,
但日落西山时
your body naturally relaxes and prepares to sleep.
身体自然知道放松休息 准备睡觉
Your circadian rhythm is impacted by the time of day,
一天的时间变化影响着你的昼夜节律
but it’s also affected by other variables,
但它还受其他因素影响
including your genetics, the place in which you live,
包括我们的基因 居住的地方
and of course… your daily schedule.
当然 还有日程安排
While you don’t have much control over the sunrise or your genes,
虽然我们不大能控制日升或我们的基因
you do have control over the timing and consistency of your sleep schedule.
但可以控制睡眠安排的时间和一致性
If your night time routine frequently keeps you awake,
若你的夜间习惯让你经常睡不着
there’s a good chance you will rise in the middle of the night.
那很有可能 你会在半夜失眠
Alright, let’s say you usually fall asleep between 10:00 and 11:00 PM.
好的 假设你经常晚上10点到11点入睡
Around that time, your circadian rhythm releases hormones
在这个时间段 你的昼夜节律会释放激素
like melatonin that tell your body it’s time to sleep.
就像褪黑素会告诉身体该睡觉了
As it gets later and later, your body wants to rest,
随着时间越来越晚 身体想要休息
but you may choose to keep yourself awake.
但你自己却想醒着
You might binge a TV show late into the night
你可能会疯狂追剧到深夜
or lose track of time working on your hobbies.
或捣鼓爱好忘记了时间
Before you know it, it’s 1:00 in the morning, and now you are wide awake.
等你察觉已经凌晨一点了 但现在你很清醒
This is what happens when you ignore your body’s natural rhythm.
忽视身体自然节律时就会发生这个事情
You exhausted the helpful hormones
你用遍了所有有用的激素
that would have lulled you into a sound slumber.
那些激素本会让你进入沉睡状态
Two hours later, your body isn’t sure
两小时后 你的身体不确定
whether to fall asleep or stay awake.
是去睡觉还是保持清醒
An unhealthy sleep cycle makes it difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep,
不健康的睡眠周期会导致入睡和安睡困难
but that doesn’t explain
但没有解释为什么
why you consistently wake up between two and four in the morning.
凌晨两点至四点你会一直失眠
To solve this problem,
为了解决这一问题
we need to dig deeper into the structure of your sleep cycle.
我们需要深入探究你的睡眠周期结构
Over eight hours,
八小时内
the average person experiences four to six complete sleep cycles,
正常人会经历四到六个完整的睡眠周期
which last approximately 90 minutes each.
每个周期大概持续90分钟
One sleep cycle consists of four stages,
一个睡眠周期由四个阶段组成
all of which contribute to your sleep duration and quality.
全都影响着睡眠持续时间和睡眠质量
The first stage is a very light sleep
第一个阶段叫极浅睡期
in which your body is just beginning to settle down and unwind.
这个阶段你刚躺下 全身开始放松
Your brain activity slows down
随着你逐渐平静 进入梦乡
as you gradually sink into a peaceful slumber.
大脑活动会减慢
Next, your body enters stage two, also known as light sleep.
然后 身体进入第二阶段 也叫浅睡期
Your senses shut down. Your muscles relax,
感官关闭 肌肉放松
and your brain prepares for the most immersive stage of your sleep cycle,
大脑为睡眠周期中最沉浸的阶段做准备
called deep or slow-wave sleep.
即深度睡眠或慢波睡眠
As you enter deep sleep, your brain waves reach their lowest frequencies,
进入深度睡眠时 脑电波频率最低
and your heartbeat slows to a gentle rhythm.
心跳放缓到一个柔和的节奏

Of the four stages, deep sleep is the most immersive and challenging to interrupt.
四个阶段中 深度睡眠最沉浸且最抗干扰
If you’re suddenly woken during deep sleep, you may feel disoriented,
若在深度睡眠时突然醒来 你可能会很迷乱
and it may take several minutes for your brain to adjust to the world around you.
大脑可能需要数分钟才能适应周围的环境
The final stage of each sleep cycle is REM sleep,
每个睡眠周期的最后阶段是快速眼动睡眠
which first occurs about 90 minutes after your sleep cycle begins.
首次出现在睡眠周期开始的90分钟后
REM stands for rapid eye movement
REM就是快速眼动的英文缩写
and describes the side-to-side motion of your eyes
说的是在这个大脑高度活跃的时期
during this period of high brain activity.
眼球会左右转动
While REM sleep is considered a light or wakeful state,
虽然快速眼动睡眠被认为是浅眠或易醒状态
it’s also the stage where you’re most likely to dream.
但也是在这个阶段 人最有可能做梦
Interestingly, REM sleep increases in duration throughout the night.
有趣的是 一晚的快速眼动睡眠时间会增加
Your first period of REM sleep lasts approximately 10 minutes,
第一次快速眼动睡眠时间大概持续十分钟
while the last period can last up to an hour.
而最后一次可持续一小时
But how does all this information relate to your sleep cycle?
但这些信息和你的睡眠周期有何关系呢?
Alright, let’s say you climb into bed around 11:00 PM.
好的 假设你晚上11点上床睡觉
You sleep soundly from 11:00 to 2:30 AM
晚11点至凌晨2点半 你睡得很安稳
until suddenly your eyes fly open.
直到你的眼睛突然睁开
You may not realize it,
你或许未意识到
but your body is waking up between sleep cycles.
但身体确实在睡眠阶段间醒来了
After experiencing your first and second periods of deep sleep,
经历了第一和第二个深度睡眠期后
your body enters wakeful sleep stages,
身体进入到了清醒的睡眠阶段
like REM sleep or light sleep,
比如说快速眼动睡眠或浅睡眠
which makes you vulnerable to common sleep disruptions.
这会让你易受到常见的睡眠干扰的影响
Most night time awakenings occur between your third and fourth sleep cycles,
多数失眠发生在第三和第四个睡眠周期
which take place 3-5 hours after you fall asleep.
发生在你入睡后的3到5小时
During this period, your brain is active,
在此期间 大脑活跃
so you’re more likely to notice environmental disruptions,
所以你更有可能注意到环境的干扰
like loud noises, bright lights, or uncomfortable temperatures.
比如噪音 灯光或不适的温度
But there’s another reason why you may jolt awake in the middle of the night,
但半夜突然醒来还有另一个原因
and that reason is stress.
就是压力
Stress activates your sympathetic nervous system,
压力会激活交感神经系统
which increases your heart rate and moderates your blood pressure
利用一种叫皮质醇的激素
using a hormone called cortisol.
增加心率及缓和血压
Cortisol is known for controlling your fight or flight response,
众所周知 皮质醇控制战斗或逃跑的反应
but it also plays a role in your biological clock.
但它还作用于你的生物钟上
Like melatonin, which puts you to sleep,
就像褪黑素是让我们入睡的
cortisol is responsible for waking up your body and brain.
皮质醇则是负责叫醒我们的身体和大脑的
First thing in the morning, you receive a surge of cortisol,
早晨第一件事就是身体要接收大量皮质醇
which makes you feel awake and alert.
皮质醇会让你清醒并警觉起来
Cortisol is an essential part of your mornings,
皮质醇是早晨起床必不可少的东西
but it’s the last thing you need in the middle of the night.
却是半夜里最不需要的东西
However, high levels of stress can cause your body to overproduce cortisol,
但高压可能会让身体产生过多的皮质醇
leading to regular disruptions to your sleep cycle.
导致你的睡眠周期经常被打乱
Night after night, stress-induced cortisol may be confusing your biological clock
夜复一夜 压力诱发的皮质醇会让生物钟混乱
and interrupting your normal sleep cycle.
干扰我们正常的睡眠周期
In other words, you are consistently waking up during periods of light sleep
换句话说 你总是在浅睡眠期醒来
because you need healthier ways to manage your stress.
因为你需要更健康的方式来管理压力
If you are an irregular sleeper,
若你睡眠不规律
the quality of your sleep
那你的睡眠质量
may depend more on your environment and lifestyle than anything else.
可能更多取决于你的环境和生活方式 而非其他
While you’re asleep, you can’t do much to control how well you sleep or how long,
睡着时 你不能控制睡眠质量及时长
but you can make meaningful changes to your lifestyle.
但你可以有效地改善生活方式
For example, looking at your computer screen before bed
比如 睡觉前看电脑屏幕
may delay the production of melatonin,
可能会推迟褪黑素分泌
which tells your brain when to fall asleep.
而褪黑素能告诉你的大脑该什么时候睡觉
Unfortunately, many people get in the habit of watching TV
遗憾的是 大多数人还是习惯睡前看电视
or scrolling through social media before falling asleep.
或浏览社交媒体
You may not realize it, but this small lifestyle choice
但你可能没有意识到 这个小小的生活习惯
negatively impacts your sleep quality and duration.
会对睡眠质量和时长产生不利影响
Taking long naps can have a similarly negative impact on your sleep cycle.
小睡太久对睡眠周期会产生类似的不利影响
People who nap for 90 minutes or more during the day
白天小睡90分钟或更长时间的人
may struggle to fall asleep in the evening.
晚上可能会睡不着
Taking a long nap confuses your biological clock
过长的小睡时间会让你的生物钟混乱
and delays the production of valuable hormones,
推迟有效激素的分泌
thus ruining the consistency of your sleep cycle.
从而中断你的连续睡眠周期
Small lifestyle changes like these
像这样小的生活方式的改变
can have a tremendous effect on the quality of your sleep.
可能会对你的睡眠质量产生巨大影响
In the same way, stress-relieving exercises,
同样 能释放压力的锻炼方式
like yoga and meditation, can lower your daily stress levels
比如瑜伽和冥想 可以减少你每日的压力
and decrease the likelihood of waking up in the middle of the night.
从而降低半夜醒来的可能性
Ultimately, it comes down to this.
最后 总结一下
If you’re consistently waking up between two and four in the morning,
若你凌晨两点至四点一直失眠
your body is sending you a message.
那身体是在传达一个信号给你
Your sleep cycle is not functioning the way it should,
就是你的睡眠周期变得不正常了
so you will continue to experience regular sleep disruptions
所以只有你做出改变
until you make a change.
这种规律性的失眠才会有所改善
That might mean changing your environment
这可能意味着改善你所处的环境
to create a more peaceful and comfortable place to rest.
创造一个更安静 更舒适的休息环境
Perhaps you need to adjust your sleep schedule,
你可能需要调整你的作息时间
improve your night time routine,
改善你的夜间作息
or learn how to manage your stress better.
或学会怎样更好地管理你的压力
Chances are that you need a little bit of everything.
可能每个方面你都要做出一点改变
More often than not, it’s a combination of factors
夜间失眠及晨间昏昏欲睡
that leads to night time awakenings and daytime drowsiness.
往往都是由多种因素造成的
So, don’t wait to change your relationship with your sleep.
所以立马行动起来 改善你的睡眠
No matter how irregular your sleep cycle seems,
不论你的睡眠周期是多么不规律
there are definite steps that you can take to sleep more soundly every night.
肯定有办法能让你每晚都可以睡个好觉
With a bit of time and effort,
只需花点时间 努力一点
you can reap the rewards of a great night’s sleep.
作为回报 你晚上就可以睡个好觉
Thank you for watching TopThink and be sure to subscribe
感谢观看《顶级思考》 快订阅我的频道
because more incredible contents is on the way.
更多优质精彩的内容在等着你

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频主要介绍半夜失眠的原因,睡眠的四个阶段以及改善方法。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Weinia

审核员

审核员CF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmFZRgSJgU

相关推荐