ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

潜潭寻鳄龟 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

潜潭寻鳄龟

Diving for Snapping Turtles!

-我是Coyote Peterson
– I’m Coyote Peterson,
你永远无法相信我刚刚在
and you’re never gonna believe what I just found living
这片湖的睡莲下找到了生物
underneath the lily pads in this lake.
(戏剧音乐)
(dramatic music)
纵观历史 啮龟被
Snapping turtles have been hailed throughout history
视为沼泽怪物
as swamp monsters,
以其惊人的咬合力
famous for their incredible bite force
和具有远古时代气息的外形闻名。
and prehistoric looking appearance.
从小 这些爬行动物就一直令我着迷
Since childhood, these reptiles have both captivated
并且它们一直激励我跟随自己
and encouraged me to follow my passion
对于探索自然世界的热情走
of exploring the natural world
来与动物们亲密接触。
to get up close and personal with animals.
今天我在俄亥俄州的哥伦比亚
Today I’m in Columbus, Ohio
在布兰登森林公园地铁。
at Blendon Woods Metro Park.
这里是我对普通啮龟
Now this is a location that I’ve been doing research
研究了五年的地方。
on common snapping turtles at for five years now.
我和我的队伍有特许可以在小路上追踪
The team and I have special permissions to be off trail
也可以通过皮艇在水里追踪。
to be able to go out in the water in a kayak.
我希望今天
And what I’m hoping to do today
能够抓一只我一直在研究的乌龟
is catch one of these turtles that I’ve been researching
这样我就可以向你们展示为什么它是我最喜欢的爬行动物。
so I can show you guys why this is my favorite reptile.
-[画外音]好的 我走了。
– [Voiceover] All right, I’m rolling.
好的 Coyote 告诉我们你要
All right, Coyote, tell us what you’re doing
用皮艇做什么。
with this kayak.
我要用皮船
– So I’m gonna use the kayak
使我能够与乌龟更亲近。
to try to get myself close to the turtles.
你看到那些生存着的植物了吗
When you see how much plant life is already grown in,
那意味着它们都藏在海藻下
that means they’re hiding under the algae,
或藏在睡莲下。
hiding under the lily pads.
如果我在皮艇里我就可以沿着
If I’m in the kayak, I can kinda coast along
睡莲的边缘划行
the edge of the lily pads
并寻找游到表面的
and look for turtles that are up towards the surface
捕食鱼和蝌蚪的水龟。
hunting for fish and tadpoles.
这样可以使我站稳在皮艇上
This will allow me to be standing on the kayak
并跳到水中
and jump off into the water,
从而试着用手抓住一只。
and try to get my hands on one.
好的 让我们来看看是否够幸运
All right, let’s see if we can have some luck
能够找到一只泥龙。
finding ourselves a mud dragon.
从皮艇上跳下是
Leaping from a kayak is the safest way
抓水龟最安全的办法。
to capture one of these turtles.
且抓龟时要抓它们后背的外壳
And grabbing it by the back of the shell
这样能保证对我和爬行动物都没有伤害。
will insure that no harm comes to me or the reptile.
(戏剧音乐)
(dramatic music)
喔 我的天 这只是大水龟!
Oh my gosh, it’s a big turtle!
呀!
Whew!
我的天
Oh my gosh,
这绝对是只恐龙。
it is an absolute dinosaur.
等等 我要陷到泥里了。
Hold on, I’m sinking in the mud.
(戏剧音乐)
(dramatic music)
这是普通的啮龟
That is the common snapping turtle,
他都快要有一只恐龙大小了。
and he is about the size of a dinosaur.
喔 我的天 抬着它真是太累人了
Oh my gosh, he’s a back breaker.
看看它。
Look at that.
哇!
Wow!
我的心现在都快从胸膛跳出来了。
My heart’s beating out of my chest right now.
哇。
Wow.
看。
Look.
这关乎于你想和啮龟面对面
That’s about as close as you wanna get your face
接近到什么程度。
to the face of a snapping turtle.
看看这些爪子.
Look at those claws.
我之所以称它们为泥龙
And I call these guys mud dragons
是因为它们有着漂亮的黄眼睛
because they have those beautiful yellow eyes,
和它们的脚前 所有的鳞屑
all these scales on the front of their feet,
和这些会使你说
and claws that just make you say,
“我不想在屋后的池塘游泳了。”的爪子
“I don’t wanna go swimming in the pond behind my house.”
对 我看见你了。
Yeah, I see you.
看看它的脑袋。
Look at his head.
他的脑袋要有个垒球那么大。
His head is like the size of a softball.
并且他现在正在说:“来啊
And he’s saying right now, “Go ahead,
让你鼻子离我再近点
“get your nose just a touch closer,
我会将它当成晚餐。”
“and I will make dinner of it.”
这些龟现在在做的
And what these turtles are doing right now
是浮在水面上捕食鱼和蝌蚪。
is floating at the surface looking for fish and tadpoles.
这海藻就是它们漂浮的地方。
And this algae is exactly what they’re floating in.
你可以看到他脑袋的边
You can see the side of his head,
正好长在这家伙圆形的头顶上。
it’s growing right on top of this guy’s dome.
这就是他怎么伪装得这么好的原因。
And that’s how he’s staying so camouflaged.
好了,我要和你们展示
OK, so one thing I’m gonna show you guys
一件非常奇特的
that is really unique
关于啮龟与其它龟不同的事
about the snapping turtle from any other turtle
那就是它底部的
is the bottom of the shell,
被称为胸甲的壳。
which is called the plastron.
你可以看到它的胸甲有多小。
And you see how small his plastron is.
看到这个部分。
You’ve got all this meat.
(啮龟嘘声)
(snapping turtle hisses)
(呼出空气)所有露出的部分
(exhales air) All this meat that’s exposed,
这是为什么这些爬行动物有
that’s why these reptiles have
一些进化后惊人的
kind of evolved with these incredible
恐龙的特质。
dinosaur like qualities.
所有前肢上的鳞屑
All these scales on the forelimbs,
大大的保护性的壳
this big protective shell,
那咬合力和这些爪子
that bite force, and these claws
好像是在说:“我是这片湿地的王。”
pretty much say, “I’m the king of this wetland.”
好看的 好看的男孩。
Good looking, good looking boy.
并且我知道这个是男孩。
And I know this is a boy.
你可以通过它的大小
You can usually tell
辨别出它的性别。
because of the size.
公的比母的要稍微大一些。
The males get quite a bit larger than the females.
并且公的尾巴总是明显更长。
And then the male’s tails are significantly longer.
这家伙很明显有着恐龙似的长尾巴。
And this guy just has an absolute dragon tail.
你可以从边上看到吗?
Can you see that from the side there?
在它们的尾巴背后
They have these big scutes
有这些大鳞甲。
on the back of their tails.
看那个。
Look at that.
这外观是你在俄亥俄州能找到的
And that’s about as prehistoric looking as you can get
爬行动物中最古老的了。
for a reptile that lives here in Ohio.
长在它脸上的海藻
All that algae that’s growing on his face,
当它在水下时
now when he’s underwater,
使它的脑袋看起来像浮起来的石头
his head basically looks like a floating rock,
然后它们可以缓慢地前移
and they can really slowly project that forward,
当鱼儿靠近时
and as a fish gets closer,
它们便突然移动。
that’s when they snap.
然后 晚餐便有了。
And he’s got dinner.
无论何时你与普通啮龟在一起
Respect, number one thing you have to have
尊敬 是首先要必备的。
whenever working with the common snapping turtle.
你自鸣得意片刻
You get complacent for just a second,
你回家时就会少根手指。
and you’re going home minus one finger.
哇。
Wow.
这大概是我在地球上
That was about the coolest experience
能拥有的 与最喜欢的乌龟一起最酷的一段经历了。
I could have had with my favorite turtle on the planet.
我确信你们有一串问题
I’m sure that you guys have a bunch of questions
和你们自己与泥龙的一些故事
and some stories of your own about mud dragons,
所以在下面评论留下你们的故事。
so leave me your comments and your stories below.
我将把这家伙放回去
I’m gonna let this guy go back out
这样你就可以完成晚上的捕食行动了 对吧?
so you can finish your hunting for the night, right?
我是Coyote Peterson。
I’m Coyote Peterson.
始终勇敢 保持野性。
Be brave, stay wild.
我们下次探险再见。
We’ll see you on the next adventure.
好的 兄弟 我们走。
All right, let’s go buddy.
(溅湿)
(splashing)
毫无疑问
There’s no question about it,
这些水龟激起了
these turtles have inspired my love
我对自然界
and admiration for the natural world
和所有奇妙生物的喜爱与崇敬。
and all its amazing animals.
某种程度上 它们也是
In part, they have been the reason
你们打算加入我这段
you are now about to join me on this journey
将变成和荒野探险一样知名的旅程的原因
that will become known as Breaking Trail.
并且我希望通过这集
And it’s my hope that through this series
你们也能对这个星球上
you too will gain a new found love
最酷的生物产生喜爱之情。
for some of the coolest creatures on the planet.
如果你认为这是一场野外探险
If you thought that was one wild adventure,
观看其他的动物遭遇战。
check out these other animal encounters.
不要忘记订阅这季野外探险
And don’t forget, subscribe to follow me and the crew
关注我和我的成员。
on this season of Breaking Trail.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

【MR】Amanda

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWKKDi1gp8

相关推荐