ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我们找到了猛犸象的牙齿? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我们找到了猛犸象的牙齿?

Did We Find a MAMMOTH TOOTH?!

What’s going on Coyote Pack?
发生什么事了Coyote Pack?
Today we are on location in South Dakota.
今天我们来到了美国南达科它州
We’re going to visit the Mammoth Site.
我们马上要去猛犸象遗址
Get ready, this is going to be a prehistoric adventure.
准备好啦 这将会是一场前所未有的大冒险
(majestic music)
[庄严的BGM]
(egg cracking)
[破壳声]
(dinosaur squawk)
[恐龙叫声]
When the Brave Wilderness crew and I visited South Africa,
我们和野性勇者团队来到南非
we had the chance to film our planet’s largest terrestrial mammal,
拍摄到了地球上最大的陆生哺乳动物
the African elephant.
那就是非洲象
The enormity of these animals is absolutely staggering
这些巨型动物真是令人叹为观止
and by getting dangerously close,
而且通过惊心动魄的近距离接触
we witnessed their incredible power
我们见识到了它们惊人的力量
and were quickly reminded why they command respect.
并且很快意识到它们为什么值得尊敬
Later that summer, we visited Hot Springs, South Dakota
那年夏末 我们去了南达科他州的温泉城
and had the chance to come face-to-face
有机会面对面地接触
with a prehistoric giant that dwarfed even the most intimidating elephant, the mammoth.
这个使大象相形见绌的史前巨兽 猛犸象
And while the well-known woolly mammoth is about the same size as an African elephant,
尽管大家熟知的长毛猛犸象几乎
which is on average still a whopping 10 feet tall,
和平均身高为10英尺的非洲象一样大
the lesser-known Columbian mammoth towers at over 13 feet.
但较罕见的的哥伦比亚猛犸象则可以超过13英尺
Yes, they are now extinct.
没错 它们已经灭绝了
But they’re impressive skeletons can be seen at the Mammoth Site,
不过我们还可以在猛犸象遗址看到它们惊人的骨架
a unique paleontological dig site
这是个独一无二的古生物挖掘地
where anyone can go into the bonebed
我们可以走进土壤骨层
and see this impressive fossil excavation up close.
去近距离看看这了不起的化石挖掘现场
Okay, we’re heading into the bone bed.
好的 我们正在走向骨层
(majestic music) Whoa,
[庄严的BGM]哇哦
it is big, there’s a bunch of mammoth tusks.
这个好大 这里是一串猛犸象的牙
You even have a jaw down here.
你甚至可以在那儿看到它的颌
It looks like a lower jaw, you can see those big,flat back molars
这个看起来像下颌 你可以看到那些大大的
pieces of vertebrae,leg bones,
平平的后臼齿 还有很多椎骨 腿骨
and all these mammoths just piled down on top of each other.
所有的猛犸象 都互相压在对方身上
That is so cool.
太酷了
Now Coyote why are there so many of the fossils here?
Coyote 为什么这儿有这么多化石?
Like why are there so many mammoths?
为什么这儿有这么多猛犸象?
Well the thing that we learned in the intro video
我们在介绍视频中了解到
is that actually this was a sinkhole
这儿曾经是一个水坑
and the sides were made of shale. They were very,very slippery
它的的边缘由页岩构成 它们非常非常滑
so as the mammoths would come down to take a drink,
所以当这些猛犸象下来喝水的时候
they would slip and fall in.
它们就滑了进去
And because the sides were so steep, they couldn’t climb back up.
因为坑壁非常陡峭 它们无法再爬上去
Eventually they exhausted themselves.
最终它们精疲力尽
They drowned and then all of those bodies,
然后被淹死 之后所有的猛犸象躯体
mammoth after mammoth, just piled on top of each other.
一个接一个地叠在另一个的身上
The sediment filled in, and of course, the fossils were formed.
沉积物不断地进去 最终形成化石
It’s not just mammoth, It’s mother stuff ki teeth
不仅仅是猛犸化石
这里还有许多其它物种
这是一只巨型短面熊
快看那个 好大啊
那有一只大熊
Oh, getting a bird’s-eye view up here.
哦 在这儿可以俯视
– What’s really cool about this dig site is
这个挖掘现场最酷的是
that they’ve left it here as compared to completely exposing all the bone
挖掘人员将它保留 而不是完全挖出所有的骨头
and preparing it and putting it in an exhibit,
并把它们放到展馆里
they leave this as an open dig site.
这儿就被保留作为开放的挖掘遗址
So paleontologists are constantly working here
所以古生物学者仍在这儿不断地工作
to reveal more of the bone.
去揭露更多骨骸的秘密
They constantly find new specimens.
他们不断找到新的标本
这个角度很好
从这个角度往下看
能看到猛犸象的整个身体
Pretty sweet, isn’t it?
很棒 是不是?
This is the largest deposit of mammoth skeletons found
这是在美国发现的
anywhere in United States.
最大的猛犸象骨骼沉积地
So you can see all of this bone that’s exposed,
所以你可以看到所有的这些被发现的骨头
now these bones are extremely fragile.
它们现在都非常脆弱
They are considered fossils,
它们被认为是化石
but they’re not as hard and petrified like dinosaur bones.
但它们并不像恐龙骨那么僵硬石化
And these are much easier to dig up than dinosaur bones.
与恐龙骨相比更容易被挖掘
You can say it’s easier, it’s because this sediment
之所以说更容易 是因为这些沉积物
is a lot looser, but they’re still incredibly fragile.
更加地松散 但是它们仍非常地脆弱
[Mark] Well these are as old, right?
它们非常年代久远了 对吧?
No, we’re talking hundreds of thousands of years or less
不 相对于几百万年来说
compared to millions of years old.
它们只有几十万年或更少
– [Mark] That’s cool.
太酷了
(mysterious music)
[神秘的BGM]
– [Mark] What you looking at Mario?
Mario 你在看什么?
– This is amazing this is a mummified baby woolly mammoth.
这儿竟有一个木乃伊化的有毛的婴儿猛犸象
And apparently it had lived around 38,000 years ago.
很明显 它们生活在大约38000年前
And what’s really cool is in parts of the world,like Russia,
非常酷的是 在地球上一些地方
they’re actually finding these very intact preserved specimens.
像俄罗斯 发现了非常完整保留的样本
There’s actually hair, skin, and most importantly,
它们有毛发 皮肤 最重要的是
there’s genetic material.
它们是基因研究的材料
So one day scientists will be able to
可能某一天 科学家们就能够
actually track the genome of a woolly mammoth.
检测长毛猛犸象的基因组
– This is just a plethora of mammoth information.
这些代表着大量的猛犸象信息
This is cool.
这太酷了
The actual mound was at these metal beams here.
真正的坟堆在那些金属梁那儿
So these steel beams that are running parallel
所以这些互相
to each other right there,
平行的钢梁
that is how tall this mound of dirt was
正是这个土堆
before they began to excavate it down.
在挖掘之前的高度
And originally it was bulldozers that have plowed through here,
起初挖掘机就在那里开挖
they found the first teeth and bones and said,
他们找到了第一颗牙齿和骨头化石并且说
okay everybody stop with the big machinery,
大家把这个挖掘机停下
we need to check out what the spot is.
我们得看看这片地方到底是什么
And then they found this entire deposit of skeletons.
随后他们就发现了全部骨骼沉积物
– Oh, all right.
哦 好吧
– [Mark] It says you’re allowed to touch it.
这上面写了我们可以触摸
– And I’m not gonna get in trouble?
我不会因此惹麻烦么?
– [Mark] Well as long as you put it back.
只要你放回去就行
– All right, check this out these are some, basically,
好 看看它们 它们基本上是一些
replicas of some mammoth bones.
猛犸象骨头的复制品
Look at this, this is the mandible of a mammoth.
看看 这是一只猛犸象的下颌骨
Check out those molars. – Oh yeah, well here
-看看那些臼齿 -哦 来这儿
come over, bring it over here to show you, right there.
拿到这儿来看看 就是这个
– Yep. – There it is. Man.
-嗯 -它在这儿 伙计
– Imagine that.
想像一下
– This is as close and as deep
这儿是我们能够最近最深地
as you can get to the skeletons.
接触这些骨骼
– [Mark] Look at the skull right there.
看那儿的头盖骨
It’s like perfectly placed.
看起来就像被完美地摆过
– This is one of the coolest paleontological sites
这是我去过的最酷的
I have ever been present on.
古生物学遗址之一
I wish that I could be in here helping to excavate some of these bones.
我多想我能在这里帮他们 一起挖掘这些骨头
And who knows, maybe we’ll get to come back at some point
谁知道呢 说不定有一天我们 可以穿越到过去
and actually help them dig up some of these mammoths.
帮他们挖掘猛犸象
-Wow! -Look at how big it is.
-哇 -看看它有多大
– Pretty cool, just taking one last moment
真酷 再拍最后一下
to admire Sinbad, this giant skeleton of a Columbian mammoth.
来欣赏辛巴达 这个哥伦比亚的巨大猛犸象骨骼
Saw some pretty cool things today.
我们真的看了好多有趣的事儿
Yeah, I mean the dig site’s cool,
是呀 我意思是这个挖掘点非常酷
Sinbad is cool, the gift shop outside is also cool.
辛巴达很酷 外面的礼品店也很酷
-And you know what I was thinking? -We had in there,
你知道我在想什么吗? 我们就在这儿
check out some cool gifts and we pick up some prizes for the Coyote Pack.
挑选一些礼物给Coyote Pack
What do you think? – A little scavenger hunt.
-你认为呢? -有点像食腐动物在捕猎
-What do you think Mar, are you in? -Yeah!
-Mark 你觉得怎么样?你要进去么? -好!
All right guys, let’s visit the gift shop and see what we can find.
好了 我们看看这个礼品店 看看我们能找到什么
the gift shop, this is officially it.
这个是官方店
They have all sorts of cool stuff in here.
这儿有好多种有趣的东西
There are books, there are stuffies,
有书 还有拖鞋
there are sculptures, there even casted artifacts
这儿有雕塑 甚至还有根据猛犸象遗址中的
from some of the discoveries that have been here at the Mammoth Site.
发现物铸造出来的物件
I say we take 15 minutes to look around
我建议咱们花15分钟去到处逛逛
and see what sort of cool things we can pick out
看看我们能找到什么好东西
for the Coyote Pack, sound good?
送给Coyote Pack 听起来不错吧?
– So each, you get a thing, you get a thing,
所以你挑一个 你挑一个
and I’ll pick a thing.
然后我再挑一个
And then everybody at home will get a chance win?
然后他们都有机会得到?
– Yes, so it’ll be a collection of all three things
对 所以将会是三样礼物一起打包
that ultimately they’ll get to win.
最后他们可以全部带走
– All right.
好吧
– Awesome, so 15 minutes on the clock, ready,
非常棒 15分钟计时开始 准备
three, two, one, go.
3 2 1开始!
– All right guys I’m gon na find
伙计们 我要去找
you the coolest present that I possibly can.
我可能找到的最酷的礼物
There are a lot of good things in here,
这儿有很多好东西
so it’s just a matter of coming across the perfect item.
只要碰到最完美的东西就行
– You got some t-shirts, hats, oh hats are cool. Oh,
你买了T恤 帽子 帽子真酷 哦
I like that hat, that’s pretty cool.
我喜欢这个帽子 真棒
What do you guys think, hmm, maybe, we’ll think about it.
你们说呢 大概是 我们都认为是的
I think we need to canvass the whole gift shop
我觉得我们应该在决定之前
before we make our decision.
应该仔细看看这个店
Let me see where else am I gonna go.
我想想下一步去哪儿
Let’s go this way.
我们走这儿
– Oh, check this out, this is a buffalo crossing sign
哦 快看 这儿有一个水牛通道标志
or would you guys want a mammoth crossing sign? Mm,
或许你们想要猛犸象通道标志?
ooh there’s a little mammoth crossing sign.
噢 这儿有一个小猛犸象的标志
That’s pretty good, ooh.
它们真棒
– All right check this out guys.
伙计们看看这些
A cast of fossils, I mean, I feel like
一块化石铸件 我觉得这是
this is what I’m looking for.
我要找的东西
Look at that, that is really cool, hmm?
看看 它难道不是很棒么?
What do you guys think, I don’t know.
你们认为呢?
I’m leaning toward that tooth.
我更喜欢这个牙齿
– What are you doing? – Hey, you spying on me?
-你在干啥? -嘿 你在偷拍我?
– Yeah, what you got there?
没错 你找到了什么?
– He’s spying on me guys.
他在偷拍我
What about that? – Oh man.
-那个怎么样? -哦 伙计
– Look at that tusk.
快看那个长牙
Mammoth, as far as the eye can see
目光所到之处全是猛犸象
It’s like I got some cool figures here.
我在这找到了些好东西
Dinosaurs those, some mammoth with video.
那些恐龙 有视频播放的猛犸象
I think we’re gonna try to stick with the mammoth stuff.
我以为咱们一定都是和猛犸象有关的东西
– Hey, hey, hey, hey.
嘿嘿嘿嘿
– Mario, did you pick it yet?
Mario 你选好了吗?
– I already got it. – That’s what you gonna do?
-我选好了 -那是你要买的吗
All right, all right, what you can’t,
好吧好吧我们不能买那个
when you pick one up it’s decided.
当你拿起一个后你就已经决定了
– Oh really?
噢 真的吗?
– Yeah, like you can’t just horde a bunch of stuff.
是呀 你不能买那么多东西
– [Mario] But I’m getting dibs on this guy.
但是我有多选权去买这些东西
– There’s no dibs. – What?
-这里没有多选的权利 -什么
– You either make a choice,
你要么做一个选择
oh you put it back on the shelf. C’mon,
你把他放回架子上 来吧
that how the rules are.
规则是这样的
This is $3,500, is this fair?
这个的价格是3500美元 价格合理吗?
Can I? – I don’t think that’s in the budget.
我能买吗?我不认为那在预算中
– It’s not in the budget.
这确实不在预算中
But it’s so cool.
但是它好酷啊
– I bet we would be the only
我打赌我们是唯一
people to have ever bought a $ 3,500 mammoth statue.
花3500美元去买一个猛犸象的人
– I mean it is sweet. – It looks pretty heavy.
-我是说这个很好 -这看起来很重
It’d be a lot to ship.
它运输起来太麻烦
Let’s keep searching.
咱们继续找吧
All right guys, you know what,
好了伙计们你们知道吗
I’m gon na go with the educational side of things.
我准备看看有教育意义的东西
I have a feeling that Mark and Mario
我有一种预感 Mark和Mario
are going to be picking out toys and things like that.
会挑选玩具之类的东西
I’m gonna get you guys a mammoth book.
我要给你们带来一本关于猛犸象的书
I know, come on Coyote, you’re getting us a book?
我知道 不是吧Coyote 你要给我们一本书?
Yeah guys, I think a mammoth book is really cool.
是啊 朋友们 我认为猛犸书非常酷
There are some great ones here, super educational content
这儿有一些很棒的书 里面的内容非常有教育意义
coming from the Brave Wilderness Channel today.
这些都来自今天的野性勇者频道
– The moment of truth. – All right guys.
-关键时刻 -好了 朋友们
We are now out of the building, which
我们现在离开了这栋楼
means we are out of the gift shop and
那意味着我们离开了礼品店
we’ve all picked out our items.
并且我们已经选好自己的礼物了
Now I don’t know what Mark picked.
现在我不知道Mark 买了什么
I also don’t know what Mario picked.
我也不知道Mario选了什么
I only know what I picked.
我只知道我自己买了什么
But it’s time to reveal to the Coyote Pack
但是是时候告诉Coyote Pack
the grand prize collection of mammoth educational things. Right?
这个有教育意义的猛犸藏品 不是么
– Yeah well, I mean cool stuff, mammoth cool stuff.
是啊 我的意思是炫酷的东西 有关猛犸的
– Mammoth cool stuff, all right,
炫酷的猛犸物品 没错
should we do you Mario first?
我们先看Mario的好吗
– [Mark] Let’s have Mario go first.
让Mario先来
– [Coyote] What have you got there buddy?
嘿 伙计 你那里面装的什么?
– All right, so I went a little traditional.
好吧 我有点传统
And I know when I was younger,
我知道我年轻的时候喜欢
well as I’m older as well,
现在长大了也喜欢的东西
I like just simple figures that really have
我喜欢简单的
a good representation of the animals.
那真正有好的表现的动物
And this is a woolly mammoth figure.
这是一个毛茸茸的猛犸
– [Mark] Cool, here why don’t you hold it out
酷 你为什么不把它
in your hand here and I’ll get a tight shot of it.
放在你的手上 我会给你拍张照片
Let’s see here, pretty nice, pretty nice.
看这儿 多好看 多好看啊
Okay guys, there’s cool thing number one.
哦 朋友们 这是最酷的东西
All right Mario I’m gonna hand you the camera.
来 Mario 我拿着相机
– All right Mark, what have you got in there?
Mark 你这儿有什么
– What’s in the bag, what’s in the bag?
包包里有什么呢?有什么呢?
So I think that was really cool,
我认为它一定很酷
but being that we were at a fossil site
但是我们在化石遗址里
I thought why not send the Coyote Pack,
我觉得为什么我们不给Coyote呢?
– Whoa! – The lucky winner home with a replica fossil.
哇哦 幸运的赢家有个化石仿品
– This is a Columbian mammoth tooth cast.
这是哥伦比亚猛犸牙齿
– Nice, I didn’t even see those in there.
好棒 我都没有看到这个
– Yeah they had a whole wall of’em,
对 有一整面墙都是这个
how’d you miss that?
你是怎么错过它的呢?
– I don’t know. – So this is like,
-我不知道 -这就像
a total replica of one of the teeth found at this site.
在那个地方一个完整的牙齿仿品被发现
So in a way, somebody’s going to be taking home
所以在某种程度上 某人会
a piece of the mammoths.
带一只猛犸回家
– [Mario] That’s pretty cool.
那太酷了
So this is a top? – Yeah that’s the top.
-那么这是最好的么? -是啊 这是最好的
So that’s this is the grinder.
那么这是臼齿
– That’s solid, that’s cool.
那又酷又结实
– Pretty cool huh, I mean, try and top that Coyote.
相当酷 哈 我的意思是试着超过Coyote
– Okay the big moment, what’s funny is that
对 最重要的时刻 它的有趣之处在于
I almost picked that mammoth figurine.
我几乎选了猛犸雕塑
I did not see the teeth at all.
我都没看见牙齿
But what I decided to do is go totally educational
但是我决定选择完全教育意义的这个
on this one and I picked out
并且挑选了
some must-have mammoth reading material.
一些必须拥有的猛犸阅读材料
– Nice! – Check this out.
-好棒! -来看看这个
Not only do we have two cool cards,
我们不仅有两张酷酷的卡片
one that is the Columbian mammoth and one that is a woolly mammoth.
一张是哥伦比亚猛犸另一个是长毛猛犸
– Hold on, hold on, pause.
等一下 等一下 暂停
Mario you seein’ the problem that I’m seeing?
Mario 你注意到我发现的问题了么
– Yeah, that’s more than one item.
是啊 不止一条
– [Mark] You’re only supposed to pick one thing.
你应该是只能选一样东西
– Well I, technically, it’s one package.
嗯 我 实际上 它是打包的
It’s a package of items.
是打包成一个的礼品
They were all very, I guess, reasonably inexpensive
它们都非常 我猜 并不贵
so I felt it needed to add up to something.
所以我觉得它需要添加一些东西
And that is this educational package.
这就是有教育意义的一包礼品了
So wait, wait, wait, let me finish going through it.
等等 等等 让我介绍完
So I’ve got the two mammoths cards.
那么我拿走这两个猛犸卡片了
You’ve got your Columbian mammoth and your woolly mammoth.
你已经拥有你的哥伦比亚猛犸和长毛猛犸
There’s a woolly mammoth ahead crossing sign.
这是一个前方有长毛猛犸的标志
I call it a crossing sign,
我称它为通过标志
but I guess it says woolly mammoth ahead.
但是我猜它说的是前面有长毛猛犸
Then there’s also this cool book about mammoths.
这儿也有关于猛犸酷酷的书
It has some really interesting history.
它有一些很有趣的历史
– [Mark] Oh there’s my tooth.
哦 这是我的那个牙齿
– [Coyote] Details about the tooth.
这个牙齿的细节
And then, of course, there is some pretty epic pictures
然后 当然啦 这儿也有许多相当壮丽的
of Columbian mammoths in there.
关于哥伦比亚猛犸的图片
And last but not least, a completely comprehensive book
最后同样重要的 一本非常综合性的书
on Mammoths, Giants of the Ice Age.
是关于猛犸 冰河世纪的巨人的
So I would say that in total
所以我会说
we put together one colossal mammoth collection
我们收集了大量关于猛犸象的物品
of educational artifacts, toys, and literature
它们是有教育意义的古器物 玩具和文献
so you guys can all learn about these prehistoric giants.
所以你们都可以了解这些史前巨兽
Sounds pretty good right?
听起来很棒不是么?
Now I know everybody wants to know
现在我知道你们每个人都想知道
how do you win this mammoth educational package?
如何才能获得这个有教育意义的猛犸大礼包
This giveaway is going to be a little different
这个赠品有点不同
because we’re doing it on an Instagram.
因为我们会把它的照片传到Instagram
Now we’re going to take a photo
现在我们给所有的奖品一起拍个照吧
of all these prizes and post it on @ BraveWilderness.
把照片发送到BraveWilderness
Make sure to head over to Instagram
确保发送到照片至Instagram 上
and follow @ BraveWilderness
并且关注BraveWilderness
and then write in the comments section,
然后写在评论区
tell us why you love mammoths
告诉我们你为什么喜欢猛犸
and how you plan to learn from all these educational items.
以及你计划如何从这些有意义的物品里了解猛犸
I’m Coyote Peterson, be brave, stay wild.
我是Coyote Peterson 勇敢一点 狂热一点
We’ll see on the next location.
我们会在下一个地点相遇
Being in the presence of so many fallen giants
面对这么多消失的巨兽
is an indescribable experience
是一种难以形容的经历
and even in their fossilized state they still command a great deal of respect.
同时甚至在它们化石遗址里 它们仍然获得了极大的尊重
If you ever find yourself in Hot Springs, South Dakota
如果你来到南达科他州的温泉城
make sure to check out the Mammoth Site.
请一定要来猛犸遗址了解一下
And if you want the chance
如果你想有机会
to win our colossal mammoth education package
获得我们巨大的猛犸教育礼包
head straight to our Instagram page
直接进入我们的Instagram页面
and follow @BraveWilderness.
并且关注BraveWilderness
For all the detailed instructions check out the video description below.
所有的细节和说明查看下面的视频描述
If you love seeing mammoth fossils up-close,
如果你喜欢近距离看猛犸化石
be sure to go back and watch the episode
一定要回去看那集
where I held the world’s most famous dinosaur tooth.
我在哪发现世界上最著名的恐龙牙齿
And don’t forget, subscribe and click the notification bell
不要忘了订阅并单击通知铃
so you can join me in the crew on our next prehistoric adventure.
以便你能够在下一次的史前冒险中加入我们
(animals roaring and howling)
[动物们的咆哮声]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一个团队参观猛犸遗址并购买礼物分享

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Cathy

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dL9zUpOeNY

相关推荐