ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

尚未切割的钻石是什么样的? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

尚未切割的钻石是什么样的?

Diamonds Uncut

《元素周期表》频道
工作人员允许我上手摸一摸
They’re going to let me touch it with my hands,
仔细看哦
watch carefully
我这辈子唯一一次机会
only time in my life
我要用钻石洗手啦!
I’m going to wash my hands in diamonds.
我们现在来到了首席专家部门
We’re now in the chief experts department and
工作人员给我们拿来了一些非常特别的钻石
they have brought out some really special diamonds for us.
不知是从什么地方的保险库取来的
Brought them out from a vault somewhere
这些钻石太令我惊讶了
I’m amazed by them
看看这颗
This one here
它是这里面最大的一颗
is the……biggest diamond that is here.
足有240克拉
it is 240 carats
可惜形状不是很规则
but it’s rather a shapeless lump.
但是这里的几颗
But down here
形状就非常惊人了
there are some really amazing shapes.
我从未想过
I never realized
即使是未经切割的原石
that a diamond when it’s not even cut
也可以有近乎完美的八面体形状
is a almost perfect octahedron.
教科书级的八面体
it looks like out of the textbooks
我真是不敢相信 自然界能形成如此美丽的东西
I just can’t believe that nature can make anything quite so beautiful.
接着再看看这颗
If you look down here you can see this one here
因为有杂质 所以呈现出明显的黄色
is a big yellow. because of an impurity
还有其他深颜色的
and then you can get some quite strong colors.
这颗就是紫色的
This one here is purple
这颗是粉色的
and this one is pink.
这颗长成了近乎完美的立方体
These ones here have grown into an almost perfect cube.
而这颗小的 在我看来就是完美的立方体
This little one is really as far as I can see a perfect cube.
这里还有一颗长得很像足球
And then there’s one that looks like a football.
去年俄罗斯举办了很重要的世界杯
Very important World Cup was here in Russia last year;
不过我不踢足球
though I don’t play football myself
还有一颗 它看起来像骷髅
and then there is another one that looks like a skull
把它转过来 可以看见里面是空的
and if you turn it over its hollow.
我觉得这部分是在地质沉积过程中溶蚀了
I think because it dissolved during the geological deposition,
可能是被高温高压的水溶蚀的
maybe in very high temperature high pressure water that it dissolved.
但这使它成为了有眼睛的奇怪碗形
But it’s got a rather strange bowl shape with eyes.
如果你戒指上的钻石是骷髅形的
Might be a bit grim having a diamond
可能看起来会有点可怕
shaped like a skull on your ring.
这里的一些
These ones here.
我觉得从化学角度看是最有意思的
I think perhaps are the chemically the most interesting.
这些是黑色的
They’re black
因为它们是钻石和石墨结合在一起的
because they’re a combination of diamonds and also graphite.
这个盒子里有1490颗钻石
We have a box with 1490 crystals of diamond.
我觉得很有意思 因为他们真的仔细数过
It’s very interesting to me that they’d actually count them so carefully.
你可以看得出
You can see
即使是这么小的晶体 也是八面体形状
even these tiny crystals are all octahedral
用显微镜看会更明显
and if you look under the microscope,
很容易就看得出八面体形状
you can see these little octahedra.
我用显微镜观察过了
I looked in the microscope
尽管带着眼镜看显微镜不太方便
not very good in microscopes with my glasses.
但即便如此 我也看得出是很完美的晶体
But even I could see that they were really nice and crystalline.
这个就是所谓的“孪晶”
This one here is a so-called twin
两个八面体晶体同时向两个方向生长
where two octahedra have grown simultaneously in different directions
就得到了这种中规中矩的形状
so you get a less interesting shape and
还有一点让我很惊讶
at the same time
这里面有一条裂纹
I was fascinated that in this one there’s a crack
即使是钻石这样坚硬的东西
down on such a strong material
有时也会产生裂纹
but even so sometimes it can crack
请看这里
and then down here
这个是很有意思的晶体
is a an interesting crystal
这是三对孪晶长在一起的小晶簇
tiny But it has three twins that have grown simultaneously
所以这里包含6个八面体
so you have six octahedra all close together.
钻石有不同的品质
These are the different qualities of the diamonds.
有些钻石杂质更少 形状更完美
Some diamonds are clearer nicer shaped crystals than others.
他们有一套标准流程
And again, they have standards to make sure
确保可以将钻石正确地分类
that they classify all of them correctly.
因为如果你有一大盒钻石
Because once you’ve got a big box of them
一旦你分错了一颗
if you’ve made a mistake, you
你就只能重新分一遍了
have to sort them all over again.
这些钻石的成份不是纯粹的碳
These diamonds are not completely pure carbon
它们里面含有微量的氮
they contain traces of nitrogen
用肉眼是看不出来的
you can’t see this with the eye,
但用紫外线照一下就看得出了
but you can see it by using a UV light
Natalia现在要把最大的钻石放到紫外光灯下
so Natalia will just put the biggest diamonds onto a UV lamp and
看到了吧 它马上就发出了蓝色的光
You can see suddenly it gives out blue light.
根据不同的光 就能分辨出不同的钻石种类
And you can tell that different diamonds fluoresce different amounts and
有时氮原子中心不同 钻石类型就不同
occasionally you can get a different type of nitrogen center
钻石就不会发出蓝光 而是发黄光
which instead of being blue, is yellow,
Natalia会用立方体的那颗演示一下
so Natalia will show you one now one of the cubic ones.
你可以看出 这颗就泛着黄绿色的光
And you can see it’s a greenish yellow color
这是一个示范光谱分析的好例子
again, this is a really nice demonstration of spectroscopy
如果用分光仪 可以得到更好的分析结果
and you could analyze it even better looking through a spectrometer
利用分光仪能得到更精确的吸收波长
to get the precise wavelengths of the emissions.
这是一个完美的发出蓝光的八面体
So here you can see there’s a nice blue glowing octahedron.
我们能用粉钻试试吗?
Can we try the pink diamond?
你可以看到 这个完全不发荧光
You can see that one doesn’t fluoresce at all.
所以这颗里面可能没有任何氮原子中心
So it probably doesn’t have any nitrogen centers in it
或至少没有可以吸收紫外光的氮原子中心
or at least none that will absorb.
这是一个对钻石进行分类的好方法
But again, this is a nice way of categorizing the different diamonds
这样我们对它们的结构和化学性质
so that you learn more about their structure,
可以有更深入的了解
learn more about their chemistry.
我们再试试另一颗粉钻
Let’s try the pink diamond as well.
我觉得粉钻发蓝色荧光很有趣
I think that’s really interesting the pink diamond fluoresce is blue,
你肯定猜不到
but you wouldn’t have guessed that.
现在我所在的地方是筛分部门
I’m in the sorting department
原石在这里进行分级
where the raw diamonds are graded.
这里很神奇
It’s really amazing.
送到这里的钻石看起来像砂子一样
The diamonds that come here look rather like sand
看看这个碗里
if you look here in this bowl
我可以这么倒着玩
I can just pour some out,
但最令人惊讶的就是
but what’s amazing is
这里的人真的是一颗一颗过目的
that people go through this literally grain by grain.
这里给钻石分成8000个不同等级
They have about 8,000 different grades.
工作人员背下分级标准
Which they know. They remember
然后按照标准给每一颗钻石分出等级
and they classify each of the grains according to the grade
这里大约有26000或27000克拉钻石
and here we have about 26 or 27 thousand karats in weight of diamonds
看起来不多
the total value of this doesn’t look very much
但它们的价值超过100万美元
is more than a million dollars.
所以这里的工作人员很认真地监督我
That’s why people are watching me carefully
我穿的制服也是特制的 没有口袋噢!
I’m wearing a special coat. No pockets!
即使是看上去这么小的晶体 也是八面体
And even these tiny grains look like little octahedra, tiny crystals.
你需要知道的是
And you’ve got to remember that
这些钻石是从大块矿石中开采出来的
these grains have been obtained from a solid mass of rock
他们开采出矿石 打矿石打碎
Which has been ground up and out of the rock.
然后挑出里面这些特别的钻石
They filter off these special diamonds.
有趣的是 这些钻石的颜色是不同的
And what’s interesting here is that you can see different colors
有些是黄色的
some of the grains look a bit yellow
有些很透明
some look really clear
还有一两颗是灰色的
one or two are grey
就像我的头发一样
so It’s like my hair
我的每根头发灰度也是不一样的
but my hair should be graded in color.
最令我感到有趣的是
Particularly interesting for me
这些钻石都是人工筛选的
is that all of this is sorted by hand.
因为它们价值太高了
Because they are so valuable
值得一颗一颗过目
that it’s worth people looking at each one individually.
所以 每颗钻石对你来说都是特殊的
That’s why every diamonds should be to you really special.
好神奇
It’s amazing,
我从没见过这样的场景
I’ve never seen anything like this
真是不可思议
it’s (it’s) unbelievable.
工作人员允许我上手摸一摸
They’re going to let me touch it with my hands
仔细看哦
watch carefully
我这辈子唯一一次机会
only time in my life
我要用钻石洗手啦!
I’m going to wash my hands in diamonds.
摸起来手感像沙子
Feels just like sand
这挺奇怪的
it’s quite strange
感觉有点像金属
it feels a bit like metal.
因为钻石导热性非常好
Because diamonds conducts heat very well.
所以感觉起来就像拿着金属
So it feels as if I’m holding metal.
如何他们允许的话 我可以玩上很久
I think I could do this for quite a long time if they let me.
不管怎么说
But still
摆在这里的是价值一百万美元的钻石
Here you’ve got a million dollars worth of diamonds.
流过我指尖的钻石啊
Literally running through my fingers.
有些还粘在我手上了
Some of them are sticking to my hand. Prof:
赶紧弄下来
get them off
手上啥也没有 在她那呢
你有藏东西吗?
Brady: Got anything on there?
没藏 手上可干净了!
Prof: They are clean
我觉得这是《元素周期表》频道最特别的一期了
I think this is the most extraordinary thing I’ve ever done on Periodic Videos
当然也是最好玩的一期
and certainly the most fun.
金是最激动人心的元素
The gold is an exciting element
它的化学性质很有趣
It has interesting chemistry
可它们就摆在这 派不上任何用场
and it’s just sitting here doing nothing.
令人非常印象深刻
Its enormously impressive.
但也有点伤感
But it’s a bit sad
这里就像陵墓一样
rather like a mausoleum.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

想看看一大盆钻石是什么效果嘛?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

短尾龙

审核员

审核员_XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmXe5EDQvsg

相关推荐