未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

牙医揭穿 15 个牙齿迷思

Dentists Debunk 15 More Teeth Myths | Debunked

“Baby teeth aren’t important.”
“婴儿的牙齿不重要”
Oh, no! Guys.
哦 不是的
Oh, my goodness.
天呐
-Can I rip this? -Yeah, rip it, rip it
-我能撕它吗? -可以 撕了吧
-Yah!
-耶!
“Acidic fruits will whiten your smile.”
“酸性水果会让牙齿变白”
Oh, please don’t do this.
天哪 请别这样
-Yeah.
-的确
“Fillings last forever.”
“补牙的效果是永久的”
Yeah. They’re kind of like relationships.
对 这就像人际关系
Hi, I’m Dr. John Yoo.
嗨 我是牙医约翰·柳
I’m a pediatric dentist in New York City and New Jersey.
我是纽约和新泽西州的儿科牙医
It was between this and K-pop.
我也做韩流音乐
-Oh, my God. [Yoo laughs]
-哇 [Yoo笑]
Hi. I’m Dr. Jason Lin.
嗨 我是林杰森医生
I’m an orthodontist, and I straighten teeth for a living.
我是名正畸师 靠正牙吃饭
And today we will be debunking myths about teeth.
今天我们将揭示关于牙齿的一些迷思
“Cavities are irreversible.”
“牙洞不可医治”
That’s all you, bud.
哥们 这你来回答
Yes, it’s a myth.
好吧 这是假的
That doesn’t mean, though, that we’ve been fooling you guys
但这并不意味 我们糊弄你
for your entire life.
让你一直不医治
Some cavities are reversible, some are irreversible.
有些牙洞能医治 而有些不能
Depends on the depth of the cavity.
这取决于牙洞有多深
If you look at the three layers of your teeth,
如果你看你牙齿分的三层
the outer layer, enamel,
最外层的牙釉质
has the capability to remineralize.
能够进行再矿化
If the cavity is within the enamel,
如果牙洞就在牙釉质
technically it’s reversible.
严格来说 它可以被治
If the cavity penetrates to the second layer, dentin,
如果牙洞深入到由无数微管组成的
which is made up of a bajillion microtubules,
第二层 象牙质
the bacteria can now shoot through the tubes
此时细菌就会穿透这些微管
into the pulp, which is the center of your tooth
进入牙齿中心的牙髓
where your blood supply and your nerves are housed.
你的血液供给和牙神经都在牙髓里
If it goes into the second layer,
如果牙洞到了第二层
I may recommend to the patient,
也许我会劝病人
“Hey, this is most likely going to get bigger.
“牙洞很可能会扩大
We don’t know how fast, but we don’t want to wait too long.”
我们不确定是多久 但不能等太长”
When we have to drill into the tooth and do a filling,
当我们不得不用牙钻进入牙齿来做填充时
most times it is irreversible.
大多数情况 牙洞已不可逆
And if you have a small cavity limited to the enamel,
如果你牙洞很小 只到牙釉质
what can you do at home?
平时应如何防止其扩大呢?
You want to limit your acid, sugar intake.
你需要限制酸和糖的摄入
Your enamel is the hardest substance in your body.
牙釉质是你身体中最坚硬的物质
Over time, just like the brick wall of a building
就像建筑的砖墙 久而久之
may wear away with weather and storm, patchwork is needed.
也许会因气候和暴风雨受到磨损 需要修补
And what patches up the lost minerals in the enamel
而用以修补牙釉质的物质就是
is the fluoride in your toothpaste.
牙膏中的氟化物
“Acidic fruits will whiten your smile.”
“酸性水果会使牙齿变白”
Oh, please don’t do this.
哦 请不要这样做
-Please don’t do this, guys. -Yeah. I know.
-朋友 别这样做 -我知道
-Don’t do it with acid that you have
-别用冰箱里的酸性水果
in your refrigerator.
来漂白牙齿
The acid will erode your teeth.
酸会腐蚀你的牙齿
You may even develop cavities.
你甚至还会生牙洞
Erosion is real.
真的会腐蚀
We’ll put a picture of erosion up here.
这是牙齿被酸腐蚀的图片
-In some ways it does get whiter.
-某方面讲 牙的确更白了
What happens is the chromogens,
这是因为存在色原体
which are the pigmented molecules
即一种我们提到用来漂白牙齿
we talked about with the whitening,
的有色分子
the acidic fruits, they disperse that as well.
酸性水果会让它们发散开
It makes the teeth a little bit whiter.
从而牙齿变白了点
But the worst part is, you’re actually weakening the teeth
但最糟的是 比起漂白牙齿
more than you are actually whitening the teeth.
你的牙齿其实更多是被损害了
So long term, it’s not great.
从长远看 这主意不好
If you want to whiten your smile, what do you recommend?
若想美白牙齿为笑容增色 你推荐怎么做?
In-office whitening maybe once or twice a year,
一年去1到2次专业诊所美白
and then to maintain it at home, at-home whitening kits.
平时在家用洁牙工具保持美白效果
-The hydrogen peroxide, the carbamide peroxide,
-像过氧化氢 过氧化脲
whitening product is a controlled,
漂白产品是种效果有限
short-duration treatment.
维持期还短的疗法
-Not fruit.
-拒绝水果漂白
Stay away from your orange.
别吃太多橙子
“Braces are just for crooked teeth.”
“牙套只用于畸形牙齿”
It’s a good one for you.
这问题适合你
Perfect.
完美
Most of my patients, I would say, it’s for aesthetics.
我大部分病人是为美观而正牙
But at the same time,
可同时
there’s a lot more reasons than just crooked teeth
除了正牙 戴牙套或矫正器
that you get braces or aligners.
还有更多的原因
There’s the functional aspects as well, obviously.
显然 牙套也有其他功能
Underbites, overbites, cross bites, deep bites, open bites.
地包天 龅牙 反咬 深咬 开咬
Also grinders, traumatic occlusion,
还有磨牙 咬合创伤
any sort of spacing issues.
以及各种牙缝问题
We usually do aligners in those patients
我们通常给这类患者戴矫正器
because we have this extra protective layer over their teeth
因为这样我们就多了牙齿的保护层
while straightening and fixing their bites at the same time.
也能同时矫正和固定牙齿
So, many parents might say, “My kid’s 9 years old,
许多家长可能说 “我孩子才九岁
why does he need aesthetic teeth? He doesn’t even care.”
为什么要整牙?他又不在乎”
-Yeah, the patient has severe crowding.
-这位患者齿列很拥挤
If nothing’s done, impaction will occur.
如果不治疗 就会导致食物嵌塞
That’s when the teeth get jammed up in a traffic jam.
到那时牙齿就挤压变乱
And that makes the orthodontics or movement
于是当他长成青少年时
harder when they’re teenagers.
正畸 或说移牙更难进行
They’re in braces for a longer time.
他们带了更久的牙套
So before the problem gets too big,
所以当问题恶化前
we try to fix functional components,
我们会尽力调整牙套的功能部件
and then the aesthetics can always follow.
于是正畸能持续下去
Yeah.
是的
“A knocked-out tooth is gone for good.”
“被撞碎的牙最好拔掉”
No!
不!
Mm-mm.
不对
Time is of the essence here.
关键要看时间
It’s important to know that a knocked-out tooth
明白被撞残缺的牙不是死牙
is not a dead tooth.
这一点很重要
This is considered an emergency
这可以看成是一场急救
because if the tooth can be reimplanted by the dentist
因为牙医可以在半小时
within half hour, one hour max,
最多一小时以内重植牙齿
-Yeah. It drops off. -then it does have a
-对 它掉了 -但是
increased odds of survival.
还有机会挽救
Reimplantation, if it’s possible, is step one.
如果可以的话 第一步是牙再植
It sounds crazy.
听起来不切实际
But put it back in the tooth,
但那对牙来说
because that’s where its home is.
是它原来的家
Now, if that’s not possible, put it in a glass of:
但若牙再植不可行 把牙放入
Milk.
一瓶牛奶里
Also not a joke.
不是开玩笑
So, what type of milk?
哪种牛奶?
Whole milk is the best choice.
哪种牛奶都可以
The milk has a similar pH
牛奶的pH值接近
to the cells on the root of the tooth.
牙根细胞的pH值
And if you can keep the cells alive for longer,
如果你使牙的细胞存活更久
then the tooth has a better chance of survival.
那么牙齿存活的几率就更大
There is a common misconception
有一个很大的误区
that you could put the tooth in water.
那就是牙能放入水中
Don’t do that.
不要这样做
In fact, your saliva is better.
其实 用你的唾液更好
Putting in a bag of saliva,
把牙放入唾液
water will make the cells on the root pop.
水会导致细胞涨破
“Diet sodas won’t give you cavities.”
“喝无糖汽水不会导致牙洞”
Myth. Myth, guys, myth.
绝对是假的 哥们
I do like the effort.
我也希望这是真的
Why does it cause cavities?
为什么会导致牙洞呢?
-Not necessarily because they don’t have
-因为饮品里不含糖
any sugar at all,
不一定不会导致牙洞
but it’s because of the pH levels being low
而pH值偏低
and it’s acidic.
呈酸性会蛀牙
-There are certain drinks that are more harmful.
-某些饮品危害更大
You want to look at the pH of them, the sugar content.
你要看它们的pH值和含糖量
Sports drinks, soda, wine.
运动饮料 苏打水 红酒
These healthy things, like orange juice, apple juice,
一些健康饮品像橙汁 苹果汁
they may be good for vitamins.
它们也许可补充维他命
Dental standpoint, they’re attacking your teeth.
但从牙医视角看 这些饮料会危害你的牙
Sorry to rain on your parade.
抱歉扫了你们的兴
If you look at the pH of milk, it’s a lot less acidic,
但若看牛奶的pH值 它的酸性更弱
and it has more protective factors.
能更好地保护牙
Water is best.
白开水最好
-Water and seltzer. I agree.
-对 水和矿泉水
Oh, that’s such a sad list.
哦 好糟糕的结果
-Yeah. I know. [both laugh]
-对 我懂 [齐笑]
Enjoy in moderation.
自制使我快乐
“Fillings last forever.”
“补牙效果持续终身”
They’re kind of like relationships.
这有点像人际关系
Your relationship with your wife,
你和你爱人的关系
that’s going to be forever.
也许会地久天长
But in certain situations, they may not.
但有时也不会
-You actually see that
-你其实能观察到
a lot of the times where you need to redo a filling,
当你重新补牙时 大多数时候
it’s from an existing filling.
都在原有的补牙上进行
It wasn’t sealed all the way.
补的牙不总是实心的
It could be that there was a little bit of cavities
牙齿里可能会有牙洞
underneath it, and then it got a little bit worse,
于是牙的情况恶化
and then you got to do the filling again.
你就得再次补牙
Even after you get a filling, if you’re still not flossing
甚至在你补牙后 若不用牙线洁牙
you’re still not brushing,
你不刷牙
you can easily just get another cavity
你很容易在补牙的地方
where that existing filling was.
又长一个牙洞
So the maintenance on the patient side
所以病人这边的保养维持
is also very important.
也很重要
-Yeah.
-的确如此
Oh. “Dental cleanings aren’t necessary.”
哇哦 “洗牙没有必要”
This one’s tough.
这有点难
Sometimes they’re not.
有时没有必要
-Yeah.
-对
-But let me preface it! -All right?
-让我来抛砖引玉 -好
It is a preventive service along with the examination
洗牙是和检查工作配套的预防工作
that is the most helpful. -Agreed.
是最有效的 -赞同
It’s not the dental cleaning itself.
它不仅仅是为洁牙
It’s like getting an annual checkup.
就像年度健康检查
For some patients, even a six-month cleaning is not enough.
对一些患者 即使半年清洁一次也不够
Some patients come back every three months. So it depends.
有些患者隔三个月就洗牙 这看自己
If you do have calculus or very hard plaque,
如果你有牙结石或很严重的牙菌斑
we use, in the office, scalers,
我们会在诊所里用刮牙器
which are very sharp blades to scrap off things.
锋利的刀片能除去这些物质
We use a cavitron, which is an ultrasonic machine
我们会用超声波机械 无痛穿孔锥
that sprays out water and bursts these things into pieces.
它会喷出水 将脏东西变成碎片
-These are very satisfying.
-效果特别好
Our job as dentists is to maintain your oral health.
作为牙医 我们要保持你们的口腔健康
And there are certain things that you can’t do at home
专业方法你在家完成不了
that we can do for you.
而我们能帮你
So the cleaning is just one way for us
口腔清洁只是我们
to regularly check up on you
定期对你做口腔检查的一项
and to make sure everything’s going OK.
从而确保你的口腔健康
“Retainers aren’t for life.”
“保持器不用终身戴”
[sighs] This one hits home.
[叹气] 这问到我心坎上了
I’ve worn a retainer for about 25 years now in my life.
目前我已经带了25年的保持器了
If you want to keep your teeth exactly where they are,
如果你想让你的牙齿不移位
it’s hard to say that
就不会轻描淡写地说
“Hey, you don’t need a retainer.”
“嘿 你不用戴保持器”
So, the purpose of a retainer
因此 在你摘下了牙套后
after you get braces, after you get aligners,
保持器的作用就是
it’s to hold your teeth in that position
保持牙齿不移位
so that your smile stays the way that it is.
如此 你在笑时牙才依然整齐
But then, secondarily,
但其次
we see a lot more grinders in the office.
我们在诊所见到的更多是打磨器
And with those grinders,
而用这些打磨器
it actually adds an extra layer of protection
其实会给牙加上一层保护层
so that if they grind, they’re going to grind away
牙医打磨时 实际是在
the plastic before they grind away their own teeth.
磨牙前打磨保持器
-And over time, the relapse potential
-久而久之 复发的概率
is less and less, but is never zero.
会越来越小 但不能杜绝
If you want to keep relapse incidents lowest,
如果你不想让牙齿再次不整齐
then you should wear it for as long as possible.
那你就得尽可能戴久点
So you could be on your deathbed with your retainers.
因此你可以终身戴保持器
“You should floss before brushing.”
“刷牙前得用牙线清洁”
What do you do?
你是怎样做的?
I floss first.
我先用牙线
I do too.
我也一样
Technically it doesn’t matter.
严格来说 没太大问题
I’m not going to make you floss before.
我不会要求你一定先用牙线
But logically it makes sense to.
但其实这样也可以
You’re debriding between the teeth,
你清除了牙缝的污垢
you’re removing the bacteria,
清理掉了细菌
you’re brushing after, then you’re rinsing.
接着你刷牙 漱口
Makes sense. There’s no long-term study;
都行 没有权威证明这样不好
that’s why there’s no general consensus.
因此这并没有定论
What happens if you don’t floss
如果你不用牙线
and you don’t clean that up to 40% of surfaces,
你牙齿的40%就不会被清洁到
very commonly I have to treat
我经常得治疗
what’s called interproximal decay.
牙龈萎缩
That’s decay in between teeth
它是牙齿间的萎缩
that are not visible to the eyes.
肉眼不可见
-And if the calculus builds up there over time,
-如果牙结石在这积淀很久
you get that little bit of bone loss,
你就会有轻微骨质疏松
and if you don’t clean it,
如果你不清除它
then that’s what leads to the gum disease.
它就会导致牙龈病
In general, I don’t think it matters
总之 是否先用牙线这问题
if you floss before you brush.
我认为并不重要
The most important thing is that you actually do floss.
最重要的是你会常用牙线
“Baby teeth aren’t important.”
“小孩的牙齿不重要”
Oh, no!
哦不!
Yah!
耶!
Parents often ask,
父母经常问
“Why do we need to treat this cavity?
“为什么要治牙洞?
Can’t you just pull it out?”
把牙拔了不行吗?”
He’s going to get a new one in a couple years, right?
他不是几年后会长新牙吗?
-Baby teeth are like the space holders.
-孩子的牙就像这个器皿
If you lose them a little bit too early,
如果牙齿掉太早
your teeth won’t know where to go,
新牙就不知道该怎么长
and then the teeth can get confused a little bit.
于是新牙就愣在那里
Kids can also have psychological effects from it.
孩子也会因此在心理上受影响
Losing two front teeth very early,
两颗前牙掉太早
3-year-old might not care,
三岁孩子也许不在乎
but a 4- or 5-year-old might.
但四或五岁的就不一定
In these instances, it’s important to prioritize a child’s development
这种情况下 优先考虑孩子的发展很重要
Speech, psychological well-being,
说话 心理健康
and, of course, the orthodontic preservation.
还有一点 维持正畸的难度
“Everyone has wisdom teeth.”
“每个人都有智齿”
Myth.
错了
-Myth. -That’s a myth.
-错的 -是错的
Not everybody does.
不是每人都有
The wisdom teeth are the most commonly congenitally missing teeth.
很多人天生就不长智齿
That means that some people aren’t born with them.
所以有些人生来就没有智齿
-How many do you have? -I have four.
-你多少颗? -四颗
I had three, so I’m less wise than Dr. Lin.
我就三颗 所以我没林医生聪明
They’re the third molars.
这些是智齿
They’re the ones all the way in the back.
它们通常在牙后面
Typically, you see them if they erupt,
通常 长出时就能看见
between 17 and 21.
17到21岁萌出
And very commonly they are removed
通常它们都被移除
because they become impacted.
因为它们对口腔有害
It’s a good idea to remove them
最好在它们成隐患前
before they become a problem.
将它们拔除
Like, maybe in your late teens, early 20s.
比如在你将近20岁时
-The college kids.
-大学生阶段
It’s because the bone isn’t as dense
因为此时骨头没有
as if you were in your 30s or so.
像你在30岁左右时坚固致密
So no, not everybody has wisdom teeth.
所以不是每个人都有智齿
And when it comes to whether or not
而且 谈到是否有必要
you need to get your wisdom teeth out,
拔掉你的智齿时
that’s also a myth.
也存在误解
Not everybody needs to get them out.
不是所有人都要拔
“Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
“过氧化氢和小苏打
are good toothpaste replacements.”
都能很好地替换牙膏”
-Myth.
-错误
-Yeah. Myth.
-是错的
-Yeah. It’s missing a key ingredient, which is?
-缺了一个关键的成分 就是
-Fluoride.
-氟化物
Let’s say that you’re lost in the woods.
打比方说你迷失在丛林
You’ve lost your toothpaste.
牙膏不见了
Yeah. Tragic. I know.
我懂 好惨
Can you use these things?
你会用它们替代吗?
I feel like it’s better than nothing.
我觉得总比没有好
It’s more important to brush it off.
能刷牙最重要
The hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
过氧化氢和小苏打
are parts of your toothpaste.
都是牙膏的成分
But it’s not the whole thing.
但不是全部
So you’re missing the one mineral —
因此你少了一种矿物质
The most important. Yeah.
最重要的 对
That is remineralizing your teeth.
它能矿化你的牙
It’s keeping them healthier.
保持口腔健康
So do yourself a favor and grab some fluoride toothpaste.
所以为自己着想 找点氟化物
“You’re too old to get braces.”
“年纪大不能戴钢丝牙套”
Myth. 100%.
完全错误
I have patients of all ages.
我的病人老少都有
It’s not even just a functional thing.
这不仅仅是实不实用的问题
I think self-esteem plays a lot for adults and kids.
自尊心对成人和孩子影响也很大
So, there’s no such thing as adult braces.
因此成人很少戴钢丝牙套
Braces that we use for teenagers and adults are the same.
我们给青少年和成人戴的牙套是一样的
But one thing I will say is
但我得说一点
we do do a lot of aligners for my adult patients.
我更多会给成年患者戴透明牙套
So, these are aligners.
这是透明牙套
So basically something like this,
基本就像这样
you get little bumps on your teeth,
它在牙齿表面隆起
and then the tray goes over the top of it.
牙托覆于其表 施加压力
And this is basically the clear alternative to braces.
它其实是钢丝牙套的透明替代物
The issue is the compliance 90% of the time.
问题就是患者大多数时候都要戴它
Will the patient wear it?
患者会戴它吗?
That’s why I do braces more on teenagers
这就是我为何给大多少年戴钢丝牙套
and aligners more on adults.
给大多成人戴透明牙套
So even though we give you the trays
即使我们给你戴透明牙套
for two to three months at a time,
每隔两到三月
as orthodontists we still want to monitor the progress
我们正畸师仍想跟进正牙过程
just to make sure that the teeth are on track,
这是为保证正畸顺利进行
they’re moving the right way,
牙在正确移动
and you’re not at any increased risk to lose any teeth.
而且你不用担心掉牙
“Teeth that have had root canals can’t feel.”
“接受牙根管治疗的牙没有知觉”
Huh.

Myth.
错了
Yeah. Myth. 100%.
对 完全错误
But that seems logical, because a root-canal procedure
但听着有理 因为牙根管治疗
removes the nerve of the tooth.
会移除牙神经
The reason they remove it
移除它是因为
is that the cavity progresses into the center of the tooth,
牙洞已经到了牙髓了
infecting the entire chamber
会影响整个齿腔
where the nerves and blood supply are housed.
而神经与血管都在齿腔里
The root canal is actually a really good option
为保住那颗牙
for keeping that tooth in your mouth
使其长期不掉
for as long as possible.
根管治疗是不错的选择
It can still feel,
牙有知觉
because the surrounding ligaments
因为周围的韧带
the attachments to your bone, for example,
它附着你的骨头 比如
periodontal ligaments, are still intact.
牙周韧带 还是完好无损的
Technically you can still feel sensation, pressure.
严格来讲 你仍然有知觉有感觉
But it shouldn’t give you tooth pain
但它应该不会带来牙疼
if that’s what you had before.
如果是你原来的牙的话
It may sound really strange
听起来可能很奇怪
that you’re leaving a dead body part in your mouth.
你将一颗死去的牙留在口腔中
That sounds kind of gross.
听着有点恶心
I know.
我懂
But the alternative is no tooth or an implant,
但不根管治疗 要么没牙要么补牙
which is an artificial tooth
补牙用的就是瓷牙
where you’re screwing it into the bone.
要钻进骨头 放入瓷牙
You can ask any dentist.
你可以随便问个牙医
In most cases where the root canal is an option,
大多数情况 能根管治疗
they will choose the root canal.
都会选根管治疗
But I will mention that
但我要提一点
because the root canal is so technique-sensitive,
因为根管治疗技术要求高
it’s important to find someone who does it well.
找到技术好的牙医很重要
“You’ll lose all of your teeth when you’re old.”
“老了后牙会掉光”
Aw.

I think it really depends on
我认为这要看
how you take care of your teeth.
你怎样护理牙齿
I have patients in their 50s, 60s,
我有五六十多岁的病人
their teeth look better than some of my 20-, 30-year-olds
他们的牙比某些二三十多岁的年轻人还好
Honestly.
不骗你
So that’s why we emphasize so much hygiene, good habits.
因此我们特别强调口腔卫生和好习惯
There’s also a genetic component to aging.
基因也影响牙齿老化
Some people have less bone density.
有人生来骨质就更疏松
Some people are born with really amazing teeth.
有人生来牙齿就很乱
If you have impeccable hygiene
如果你卫生习惯很好
and good genetics, you’ll be OK.
牙天生也好 那你牙就好
But if you don’t, it’ll come faster.
如果不是 牙会掉得更快
The goal is to get the most mileage out of your teeth
我们的目标就是尽力
as possible before we need to intervene.
在牙医进行治疗前护理好牙齿
So try your best to take care of it.
所以尽力护理好牙齿
That’s the only thing you can control.
这是唯一可控的因素
You can’t control genetics.
基因是不可控的
So if there’s one thing you can take away from this video,
从这个视频中你可以学到一点:
it’s important to brush, floss,
刷牙和牙线洁牙很重要
and wear your retainer.
还有 戴好保持器
That’s a good one.
总结得很好
For me, the takeaway is
我的收获就是:
use fluoride toothpaste,
使用含氟牙膏
baby teeth are important,
小孩的牙也很重要
and just try your best.
尽力护理好牙齿

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

口腔健康是身体健康重要的一个部分,而维持口腔健康,需要我们对其有正确的认识,以及在生活中采取行动好好保养。该视频中,两位牙医以幽默风趣的方式将专业知识用以揭露人们对口腔健康的误区,给出专业正确的建议。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

eadahhow

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvFsAZpUiM0

相关推荐