未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

爵爷读信:同性恋儿子的《致妈妈》

Dear Mama - Read by Ian McKellen

Dear Mama,
亲爱的妈妈
I’m sorry it’s taken so long to write.
很抱歉过了这么长时间才写这封信
I have friends who think I’m foolish to write this letter.
我有很多朋友认为我写这封信是很傻的行为
I hope they’re wrong.
但我希望他们是错的
I hope their doubts are based on parents
我希望他们的顾虑是因为他们的父母
who loved and trusted them less than mine do.
不如我的父母这样爱我并且信任我
I wouldn’t have written, I guess,
要不是你告诉了我
if you hadn’t told me about your involvement in the Save Our Children campaign.
你参加了“拯救儿童”运动 我想我是不会写信的
That more than anything, made it clear that my responsibility was to tell you the truth,
这让我明白我有义务把事实告诉你 这比什么都重要
that your own child is homosexual,
你的孩子是同性恋
and that I never needed saving from anything
并且我从来都不需要被拯救
except the cruel and ignorant piety of people like Anita Bryant.
只有像奥伊塔·布莱恩特这样残忍又无知的信徒才这样认为
I’m sorry, Mama.
妈妈 对不起
Not for what I am,
不是为了我是同性恋
but for how you must feel at this moment.
而是因为我让你有现在这样的感受
I know what that feeling is,
我知道这是一种什么样的感觉
for I felt it for most of my life.
因为我一生中大部分时间都有这种感觉
Revulsion,
厌恶
shame,
羞耻
disbelief, rejection through fear of something
怀疑 对我的性取向的恐惧和抗拒
I knew even as a child was as basic to my nature
尽管我从小就已经知道这是我的天性
as the color of my eyes.
就像我眼睛的颜色一样
No, Mama, I wasn’t recruited.
妈妈 我没有被招募
No seasoned homosexual ever served as my mentor.
没有一个经验丰富的同性恋者做过我的导师
But you know what?
但是你知道吗
I wish someone had.
我希望有这样一个人
I wish someone older than me and wiser than the people in Orlando
我希望有一个比我年长的 比那些奥兰多人聪明的人
had taken me aside and said, “It’s all right, kid.
把我拉到一边 对我说:“没事的孩子”
You can grow up to be a doctor or a teacher just like everyone else.
“你长大后可以做医生或者老师 就像其他人一样”
You’re not crazy or sick or evil.
你没发疯 没生病 也不邪恶
You can succeed and be happy and find peace with friends
你会成功 会高兴 会和朋友和平相处
all kinds of friends who don’t give a damn who you go to bed with.
这些朋友不会在乎你和谁上了床
Most of all, though, you can love and be loved,
最重要的是 你可以去爱 并且被爱
without hating yourself for it”.
而不因此怨恨你自己
But no one ever said that to me, Mama.
但是没有人和我说过这些 妈妈
I had to find it out on my own, with the help of the city
我必须在我定居的这座城市的帮助下
that has become my home.
自己去发现
I know this may be hard for you to believe,
我知道让你相信这件事情很难
but San Francisco is full of men and women, both straight and gay,
但是在旧金山有很多异性恋或同性恋的男男女女
who don’t consider sexuality in measuring the worth of another human being.
不通过性取向来衡量一个人的价值
These aren’t radicals or weirdos, Mama.
他们不是激进分子或变态 妈妈
They are shop clerks and bankers and little old ladies
他们是店员 银行家 老妇人
and people who nod and smile to you
或者是那些在公交车上
when you meet them on the bus.
对你点头微笑的人
Their attitude is neither patronizing nor pitying.
他们既不傲慢也不同情
And their message is so simple: Yes, you are a person.
他们传递的信息很简单:嗯 你是一个人
Yes, I like you. Yes, it’s all right for you to like me, too.
是的 我喜欢你 同样你也可以喜欢我
I know what you must be thinking now.
我知道你现在在想什么
You’re asking yourself: What did we do wrong?
你在问你自己:我们做错了些什么
How did we let this happen?
怎么会发生这样的事情
Which one of us made him that way?
我们哪一个人让他变成了这样
I can’t answer that, Mama.
我也不知道 妈妈
In the long run, I guess I really don’t care.
长远来看 我想我是真的不在乎的
All I know is this: If you and Papa are responsible for the way I am,
我只知道:如果你和爸爸要为这件事情负责
then I thank you with all my heart,
我会衷心的感谢你们
for it’s the light and the joy of my life.
因为这是我生命中的快乐和光明
I know I can’t tell you what it is to be gay.
我知道我不能告诉你同性恋意味着什么
But I can tell you what it’s not.
但我可以告诉你它不代表什么
It’s not hiding behind words, Mama.
它不是躲在文字后面的 妈妈
Like family and decency and Christianity.
就像家庭 体面和基督教
It’s not fearing your body,
你不必害怕你的身体
or the pleasures that God made for it.
也不必害怕上帝为它制造的快乐
It’s not judging your neighbor, except when he’s crass or unkind.
不要审判你的邻居 除非他很粗鲁或不友善
Being gay has taught me
作为一个同性恋 它教会了我
tolerance, compassion and humility.
忍耐 同情和谦卑
It has shown me the limitless possibilities of living.
它向我展示了生活的无限可能性
It has given me people whose passion and kindness and sensitivity
它让我认识了一群人 他们的热情 善良和敏感
have provided a constant source of strength.
带给了我源源不断的能量
It has brought me into the family of man, Mama, and I like it here.
它带给了我一个男人的家庭 妈妈 并且我很喜欢
I like it.
我真的喜欢
There’s not much else I can say,
我没什么别的要说了
except that I’m the same Michael you’ve always known.
我只能让你们知道 我还是那个你们认识的迈克
You just know me better now.
你们只是更深入地了解了我
Please don’t feel you have to answer this right away.
请不要认为你们必须立刻回应我
It’s enough for me to know that I no longer have to lie
对我来说 知道自己再也不需要对那些
to the people who taught me the value of truth.
教会我真相的价值的人说谎了 就够了
Mary Ann sends her love.
玛丽·安向你问好
Everything is fine at 28 Barbary Lane.
巴巴里巷28号一切都好
Your loving son, Michael.
爱你们的儿子 迈克

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一个同性恋儿子想要对妈妈说的话

听录译者

西西弗与加缪

翻译译者

AlysaWyy

审核员

审核员B

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv5BbtECCeE

相关推荐