ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

亲爱的后代:对不起 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

亲爱的后代:对不起

Dear Future Generations: Sorry

亲爱的后代们
Dear future generations,
我代表我们这代人向你们说一声
I think I speak for the rest of us when I say
对不起
sorry.
为我们留下了这个一团糟的行星而感到抱歉
Sorry we left you with our mess of a planet,
为我们只顾自身利益
sorry that we were too caught up in our own doings
而不做出改变而抱歉
to do something.
为我们听信了各种借口却没有做出改变而道歉
Sorry we listened to people who made excuses to do nothing.
我恳求你们的原谅 我们只是没有意识到地球是如此的特殊
I hope you forgive us. We just didn’t realize how special the earth was,
就像一段婚姻出了问题 而我们直到它结束了 才懊悔不已
like a marriage gone wrong we didn’t know what we had until it was gone!
举个例子 我想你们应该知道什么是亚马逊沙漠 对吗?
For example, I am guessing you probably know what is the Amazon Desert. Right?
信不信由你 那片荒芜之地曾叫亚马逊雨林
Well believed it or not, it was once called the Amazon Rainforest,
那儿曾有数以亿记的参天大树矗立
there were billions of trees there, all of them gorgeous.
哦!你们并不是很了解树 对吗
Oh! You don’t know much about trees, do you?
好吧 树是一种神奇的物种
Well, let me tell you trees are amazing, I mean.
它们能产生供我们呼吸的新鲜氧气
We literally breathe the air they are creating,
还能清理我们的污染物和碳排放物
they clean up our pollution, our carbon,
它们能净化和储存水源 也能提供治病良药
they store and purify water, give us medicine
还能提供食物令我们果腹
that cures our diseases, food that feeds us.
这也是我深感歉意的原因
Which is why I am so sorry
我们烧毁了林木
to tell you that we burned them down,
用机器野蛮地将它们砍倒 可怕极了
cut them down with brutal machines, horrific!
每分钟有四十个足球场大的森林被我们摧毁
At a rate of 40 football fields every minute.
世界上50%的树木在过去的一百年里消失了
That’s 50% of all the trees in the world gone in the last hundred years.
为什么
Why?
为了金钱
For this!
然而更令我悲哀的是
And that wouldn’t make me so sad
美元上竟印着那么多绿叶
if it weren’t so many pictures of leaves on it.
你要知道 当我还是一个小孩
You know when I was a child,
我通过阅读知道了美国本土住民早就意识到
I read how the Native Americans had such consideration
他们有义务去保护好这个星球 将土地留给未来七代的子孙
for the planet that they felt responsible for how they left the land for the next seven generations,
这令我十分懊悔
which brings me great sorrow.
因为我们这个时代的大多数人并不关心未来
Because most of us today, dont’t even care about tomorrow.
所以我非常抱歉 我们让利益高于人民
So I’m sorry. I’m… I’m sorry that we put profit above people,
贪婪汲取 黄金至上
greed above need, the rule of gold above the golden rule.
把自然资源当做无限额的信用卡挥霍
I’m sorry we use nature as a credit card with no spending limit,
甚至对动物们赶尽杀绝
overdrafting animals to extinction,
让你们丧失了欣赏它们独特的美并与它们成为朋友的机会
stealing your chance to ever see their uniqueness or become friends with them.
我为我们对过度污染海洋以至于你们无法畅游而感到抱歉
Sorry we poison the ocean so much that you can’t even swim in them.
但我最为抱歉的是我们对这些事的态度
But most of all, I’m sorry about our mindset.
因为我们竟然将毁灭称为发展
Because we had the nerve to call this destruction progress.
嘿 福克斯新闻 如果你不认为气候变化是一个凶兆
Hey, Fox News. If you don’t think climate change is a threat,
我赌你不敢去孟加拉国拜访那成千上万无家可归的人们
I dare you to interview the thousands of homelss people in Bangladesh.
看见了吗 当你们温暖地依偎在公寓时
See, while you were in your penthouse nestled,
他们的家却正被上升的海平面所冲走
their home were literally washed away beneath their feet due to the rising sea levels.
还有 萨拉·佩林
And Sarah Palin,
你曾说你喜爱那化石燃料的气味
you said that you love the smell of fossil fuels,
那好 我强烈要求你去和北京的孩子们谈谈
well, I urge you to talk to the kids of Beijing
他们被迫带着口罩去上学
who are forced to wear pollution masks just to go to school.
看见了吗 你可以忽视这些现象 但是真相是
See, you can ignore this, but the thing about truth is
不予置否的
it can be denied,
不容逃避的
not avoided.
所以 后代们 我深感抱歉
So I’m sorry future generations.
抱歉 给你们留下的是脏乱的阴沟而非美丽的花园
I’m sorry that our footprint became a sinkhole and not a garden.
我为我们过度关注ISIS(恐怖组织)
I’m sorry that we paid so much attention to ISIS
却对北极正快速消融的冰川漠不关心感到抱歉
and very little to how fast the ice is melting in the Arctic.
对不起 害了你们
I’m sorry we doomed you.
对不起 我们没有及时找到另一个“地球”
And I’m sorry we couldn’t find another planet in time to move to.
我太愧疚了 你知道吗
I’m s… You know what?
算了!
Cut the beat!
我不想再道歉了
I’m not sorry.
我不接受这种未来
This future I do not accept it,
因为我们还能避免这个错误的发生
because an error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.
我们可以做出改变
We can redirect this!
怎么做
How?
让我假设下 如果农夫发现了一颗生病的树
Let me suggest it, if a farmer sees a tree that is unhealthy,
他们不会单从枝叶就对树进行诊断 而是从根部找原因
they don’t look at the branches to diagnose, they look at the root.
所以就像农夫
So like that farmer,
我们得从根部寻因 而非听信政府这类“枝叶”
we must look at the root and not to the branches of government,
也不能听从被商业牵着鼻子的政客
not to the politicians run by corporations.
我们才是根 我们才是基底
We are the root, we are the foundation.
这代人有责任去守护好这个星球 这是我们唯一的家园
This generation it is up to us to take care of this planet. It is our only home.
我们必须众心成城 改变态度
We must globally warm our hearts, change the climate of our souls.
并且意识到我们与自然密切相连 我们是自然的一部分
Realize it we are not apart from nature, we are a part of naure.
背弃自然便是自我叛变 保护自然便是拯救你我
And to betray nature is to betray us, to save nature is to save us.
因为不论你正在为何而战
Because whatever you are fighting for,
种族 贫困 女权 同性恋 或是对其他各种平等的追求
racism, or poverty, feminism, gay rights or any type of equality.
这些都不重要了
It won’t matter in the least.
因为我们若再不为拯救自然而共同努力
Because if we don’t all work together to save the environment,
我们无一例外 都会灭绝
we will be equally extinct.
对不起
Sorry.
嘿 朋友们
Hey, guys.
过去的几星期我一直待在非洲
For the past several weeks I have been here in Africa,
在非洲之心 见证了雨林被摧毁的悚然一幕
the heart of Africa, witnessing the horrific destruction of the rain forest,
这也激励我写下这篇文章
which inspired me to write this piece.
为什么森林会如此大面积地遭受毁灭
Why are forests being destoryed at a such enormous rate?
答案是 金钱
For this.
我们生活在一个以滥砍滥伐来牟取金钱的时代
Today we live in a world where destorying trees makes you money.
那么我们这些普通百姓能做什么
So what can we normal peolpe do about it?
有一个办法去抗击毁灭 那就是“做树的代表”
One way to directly fight the destruction is to Stand For Trees.
通过这个不仅能够拯救树木的生命
By standing for trees not only can you save the lives of trees,
还能维护动物们在它们的家园生存的权利
help forest communities and protect the rights of animals to live in their homes,
但你也得平衡自身的污染排放量
but you would aslo balance the amount of pollution you yourself give off
在日常生活中
with your everyday activities.
让自己成为解决方案的一份子 而非引起麻烦的人
Making you a part of the solution, not the problem.
这是我的选择
This is the option that I choose.
但不论你选择何种方式去保护林木 请行动起来
But whatever way you choose to stand for trees, do it!
因为一位智者曾说
Because a wise man once said:
当河流枯涸 树木都被砍倒
When the rivers are all dried up and the trees cut down,
人们那时才会意识到 钞票可不能果腹
man will then realize that he will not be able to eat money.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

Stand for trees!一起行动起来

听录译者

雯Y.W

翻译译者

几鱼u-

审核员

嘉言先森

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRLJscAlk1M

相关推荐