未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

在见风投前你需要做的10件事

David S. Rose: 10 things to know before you pitch a VC for

早上好 我叫David
Good morning.
Rose 我以前是个连续创业者
My name is David Rose.
后来变成了连续投资者 我用powerpoint做演讲
I am a serial entrepreneurturned serial investor.
集资 我亲身利用Powerpoint
And by the use of pitchingPowerPoints to VCs,
从风险投资者那儿
I have personally raisedtens of millions of dollars
集过千万美金
from VCs through PowerPoint pitches.
当我变成了一个投资人之后
And turning to the other sideof the equation,
我自己监督了 对多个公司的千万美金的投资
I’ve personally supervised the investmentof tens of millions of dollars
他们也是用PowerPoint演讲来打动我给他们投资 我想
into companies who have pitched mewith PowerPoint presentations.
这些可以让我自信的说
So I think it’s safe to say
我对集资还是有一点了解的
I know a little bit about the process of pitching. So,
你第一个要想明白的问题就是:
the very first questionyou’ve got to figure out is:
当你去给投资人 展示你的商业
What is the single most important thing
计划的时候
that a VC is looking for
他们最想要的是什么?
when you come to thempitching your new business idea?
当然有很多的因素 比如商业模型财务
There are obviously all kinds of things —
还有市场 但是
business models and financialsand markets and this and that. Overall,
在所有你要做的事中
of all the thingsthat you have to do,
哪一样是投资人
what is the single most important thing the
最看重的呢?
VC is going to be investing in? Somebody?
谁来猜猜?
What? Audience:
是什么?观众:人
People!
人?你!没错 就是你
David Rose: People! You!That’s it — you are the person. Therefore,
其实整个集资演讲的过程
the entire purpose
就是要说服投资者
of a VC pitch is to convince them
你就是这个 他们即将投资
that you are the entrepreneur
的创业者
in whom they are going to invest their money
会帮助他们赚到更多的回报 那
and make a lot of money in return. Now,
你怎么能做到呢?
how do you do this?
你不能上去就跟人家说
You can’t just walk up and say, “Hi,
“你好 我是个特棒的人 投资在我这儿吧 ” 在你集资演讲
I’m a really good guy, good girl,and you should invest in me.” Right?
的过程中
So in the course of your VC pitch —
你只有很短的几分钟 大多数投资演讲的时间
you have a very few minutes;
— 对创投天使大概是15分钟
most VC pitches, angel pitches,are about 15 minutes,
对其它大概不到30分钟
most should be less than half an hour —
人的注意力大概会集中18分钟 然后集中力就开始下降了 这是实验的结果
people’s attention span,after 18 minutes, begins to drop off.
所以 在18分钟
Tests have shown.
或者10分钟 更或者5分钟之内
So in that 18 or 10 or five minutes,
你必须要传达许多特质
you have to convey a whole bunchof different characteristics,
在这短短几分钟之内 你大概要传达10个特质
about 10 different characteristics,
那么哪一条要传达
while you’re standing up there.
的信息是最重要的?
What’s the single most important thingyou’ve got to convey? What? Audience:
什么?观众:
Integrity. DR:
诚实没错!和我的幻灯片上一摸一样
Boy, oh boy, oh boy!
他不是我的托啊
That’s a straight line, look at that!
你是对的
And I didn’t even prompt him. Right,
就是诚实 这是最重要的一点
integrity. The key thing.
我更愿意投资给– 或者说在一个诚实的人身上下注
I would much rather invest in,take a chance on,
而不是
somebody who I know is straight
一个让我怀疑到
than where there’s any possible question
他的动机 或者有小动作的人 所以最重要的就是诚信
of who are they looking out for,and what’s going on.
那么除了诚信之外
So the most important thing is integrity.
第二重要的是什么? 看看你们能不能回答这个
What’s the second most important thing?
观众:
Let’s see if you can get this one. Audience:
自信
Self-confidence. DR:
很接近了!
Close enough. Passion. Right?
是激情对 你想– 创业者的定义 就是要抛弃其它的东西
Entrepreneurs, by definition,are people who are leaving something else,
开始一个新的世界 而且会把自己的心血倾注到这个新世界中的人
starting a new world, creating and putting their lifeblood into this thing.
所以你一定要传递激情 如果你对你自己
You’ve got to convey passion.
的公司都没有激情 其他人怎么会对它有热情?
If you’re not passionate, why should anyone else be,
如果你对自己的公司都没有激情?
or put money into your company
别人怎么会投钱到你的公司 所以
if you’re not passionate about it? Integrity,
诚信和激情是两件最重要的事情
passion:the most important things.
之后你还需要许多其他事情
Then there’s a whole panoply
去充实你要传递给投资人的
of other things you’ve got to wrap up
整体形象
in this package you’re presenting to a VC. Experience:
经验 你要能告诉他们
you’ve got to be able to say, “Hey,
“我之前干过这个 ”
you know, I’ve done this before.”
这代表了你曾经试过创业 创造价值 并且从头坚持到尾
“Done this before” is startingan enterprise, creating value,
这就是为什么投资人
and taking somethingfrom beginning to end.
喜欢投资给连续创业者
That’s why VCs love to fundserial entrepreneurs —
因为即使你第一次没有成功 你已经从失败
even if you didn’t do it rightthe first time,
中学到了功课
you’ve learned the lessons,
这些经验会在你第二次开创时会很有用
which puts you in good stead the next time.
同时 除了曾经开过公司 其它的经验也有帮助
Along with the experience of starting an enterprise or running something —
比如说学校的组织
doesn’t have to be a business,
或者是非盈利机构 但是他们想看到一些
it can be an organization in a school, a not-for-profit.
组织经验 下一个就是知识
But experiencein creating an organization. Next:
如果你说
knowledge.
你要
If you tell me
画出人类基因的图谱
you’re going to be the developer
你最好要知道基因是
of the map of the human genome,
什么东西 我的意思是
you better know what a human genome is;
你要有专业知识
I want you to have expertise.
我不想看到有人说
I don’t want somebody who says,
嘿我有个特别好的主意 但是我对它一点也不了解
“I’ve got a great ideain a business I know nothing about.
我不知道我的竞争者 我不了解市场是
I don’t know who the players are,
什么样的 所以你要了解你的市场
what the market is like.”
你要了解你的领域
You’ve got to know your market, your area.
你要有所有 运营一个公司的能力
And you have to havethe skills that it takes
这些能力
to get a company going.
包括了技术能力
Those skills includeeverything from technical skills
如果是科技公司的话
if it’s a technology business,
还有市场营销 管理 等等 但是
to marketing and sales and management and so on. But,
不是每个人都能具备所有的能力
you know, not everybodyhas all these skills.
只有很少的人会有
Very few people have the full set
运营一个公司的所有技能
of skills it takes to run a company.
那么还需要其它什么呢? 领导力
What else do you require?Well, leadership.
你要能说服我们你
You’ve got to be able to convince us
或者你的团队
that you either have developed a team
拥有了所有这些技能
that has all those factorsin it, or else you can.
你要有感染力 还有管理的方式
And you have the charismaand the management style
能让人们跟随你的领导鼓舞
and the ability to get peopleto follow your lead,
激励他们成为你团队的一部分
to inspire them, to motivate them to be part of your team.
但做好了这些后
Having done all that,
做为一个投资者 我还想知道什么呢?
what else do I want to know as a VC?
我要知道你能坚持你的承诺
I want to know that you have commitment.
你会从开始坚持到最后
That you are going to be here to the end.
我要你告诉我
I want you to say —
传递给我
or I want you to convey —
你死都要坚持 坚持到最后一口气
that you are going to die if you have to,
愿意拼死一搏
with your very last breath,
你会让我的钱周转
your fingernails scratchingas they draw you out.
你会用它们挣更多的钱 我不想投资在一位一碰到危机
You’ll keep my money aliveand make more from it.
就逃跑的人 因为没有什么事情会是一直顺利的
I don’t want someone who’ll cut and run at the first opportunity.
从来没有一个被投资的公司
Bad things happen.
是一帆风顺的 所以我想要知道你会承诺
There’s never been a venture-fundedcompany where bad things didn’t happen.
坚持到最后 你还要有视野
So know that you’re committedto the very end.
你要能看到你公司前面的方向 我不想看到一个
You’ve got to have visionto see where this is going.
“我也是”的产品 我想找的人要知道
I don’t want another”me too” product.
他们可以改变世界 当然 这要建立在现实
I want somebody who canchange the world out there.
的基础上
But on top of that, I need realism,
我要知道你明白 尽管改变世界是很美好的事
Because while changing the world is great,
但那并不常常发生
it doesn’t always happen.
在你改变世界之前
And before you get to change the world,
总会有各种难题
bad things are going to take place;
而你要能解决这些难题
you have to deal with that.
你要有理性的计划 最后
And you have to have rational projections. Finally,
当你向我筹钱时 不仅仅是因为我的钱
you’re asking for my money —
还因为我 你要能听别人的指导
not just because it’s my money, but because it’s me.
我要知道你有
You need to be coachable.
聆听别人的能力
I need to knowyou have the ability to listen.
我们都有很多经验–
We’ve had a lot of experience.
这些投资人 天使投资者
People who are VCs or angels investing
都有很多经验
in you have had experience,
他们想要知道 你想听 学这些经验 那么 你怎么能够在
and they’d like to know that you want to hear that experience.
10分钟里传递这10件事 又不至于说太多话呢? 你不能说
So how do you convey these 10 things in 10 minutes without saying them?
“嘿 我很诚实 给我投资吧!”
You can’t say,”I’ve gotintegrity, invest in me!”
你要在整个演说过程中不露声色地 来传达这些信息
You’ve got to do a whole pitch that conveys this without conveying it.
要把你的演说当成一个时间轴 它从你进门的那一刻开始
Think about your pitch as a timeline.
他们在这一刻之前
It starts off, you walk in the door.
对你一无所知 你要带动他们
They know nothing whatsoever about you.
的情绪–
You can take them on an emotional —
所有的演说所有的销售演讲 都要带动人们的情绪
all pitches, all sales presentations,
情绪可以变浓
are emotional at some level.
也可能会变淡 对不对? 这个过程会从
You can go up, you can go down, right?
开始持续到最后
And it goes from beginning to end.
你走进门 你第一件要做的事情–
You walk in, the first thingyou’ve got to do,
就是要让你的演讲快速升温– 你要像个火箭
the overall arc of your presentation,
一样开始 你大概有10
it’s got to start like a rocket.
秒钟–10到
You’ve got maybe 10 seconds —
30秒钟
between 10 and 30 seconds,
根据你总共的时间–来吸引投资人
depending on how long the pitch is —
的注意力
to get their attention.
以我为例:“我投资过
In my case, I’ve invested.
我用集资演说得到 上千万的投资 我也投资过上
I’ve gotten millions of dollarsfrom PowerPoint pitches.
千万的资金 ” 就象这样 让你有个成功的开始 这也可以是一个
“I’ve invested millions.”That should get you right there.
出其不意的情况 或者是一个故事
This can be a factor something counterintuitive.
一个经历
It can be a story or an experience.
不管是什么你要从一开始就要抓住他们的情绪 让注意力集中
But you’ve got to grabtheir emotional attention, focused on you,
到你身上
within that first few seconds.
然后你要带着他们开始一个
And then from there,you’ve got to take them
坚固稳定的上升线
on a very solid, steady, upward path,
从开始直到结束
right from beginning to end.
你的一切表现都要加强这一点
Everything has to reinforce this.
你要把情绪调动的更浓 更浓 更浓
And you’ve got to get betterand better and better,
直到最后 然后再最后 你要–轰!–拉他们进来
revving up to the very end, then you’ve got to — boom!
让他们不能在安坐一旁
— knock them out of the park.
你要把他们的情绪调动到 他们想马上给
You want to get themto such an emotional high
你写张支票 在你离开之前把钱扔给你好
they’re ready to write you a check,throw money at you,
怎么做到这个?
before you leave.
首先
How do you do that?
要有合理的发展
First of all, logical progression.
任何时候你后退 或者是跳过什么
Any time you go backwards,
步骤– 就像你走到一个楼梯
any time you skip a step —
发现有些台阶不见了
imagine walking up a staircase where some
或者是台阶的高度不一样
of the treads are missing,
你会停下来
or the heights are different.
想搞明白这是怎么回事 你需要一个合理的递进
You stop, you need to figure outa nice, logical progression.
从告诉他们你的市场开始 你为什么要创业
Start with what the market is:
一 二 三 你要告诉他们你
Why are you going to do X, Y or Z?
会怎么做
And then you’ve got to tell me
你要做什么
how you’re going to do it,
你怎么做
and what you’re going to do.
从头到尾都要很流畅
And it’s got to flowfrom beginning to end.
你要让我知道这些是可信的
You’ve got to let me knowthere are touchstones,
你要把你所要做的和外界联系起来
to tie in to the restof the world out there.
例如 如果你提到我听说过的公司
For example, referencecompanies I’ve heard of,
或者是你公司的基本要点的话 我就想更多的了解他们
or basic items in your business.
通过我能够理解的事情:
I want to know about thingsthat I can relate to: validators,
我需要验证 这是否已经得到其他人的认同
or anything that tells mesomebody else has approved this,
或者是外界的证明
or there’s outside validation.
比如销售情况
It can be sales;
比如一些奖项
it can be you got an award for something;
或者 有别人做过相似的事情
it can be people have done it before;
或者是你的测试版反响很好 无论是什么
it can be your beta testsare going great, whatever.
我需要证明证明不只是你告诉我能成功
I want to know validation —
而是其他人
not just what you’re telling me,
或者是其他事
but that somebodyor something else out there
证明你说得有道理 再有
says this makes sense.
因为我在看你是否有前景 你需要有可信的前景
And then, I’m looking for the upside;
这有两个部分
I need a believable upside.
一是要有前景 二是要可信
That’s two parts; it’s gotto be upside and believable.
前景是如果你告诉我说 我要在5年挣100万
The upside means if you tell methat five years out,
这不是真的前景
you’re making a million dollars a year,that’s not really upside.
你说你能一年挣10亿 这让我无法相信
Telling me you’ll be makinga billion dollars a year —
所以它需要有两方面
that’s not believable.
另外有许多东西会给我泼冷水
So it’s got to be both.
降低我的情绪 你要能从这些东西中恢复过来
On the other hand are things that take the emotional level down.
比如 任何你告诉我的
You have to recover from those.
明显不真实的事情 比如 “我们没有竞争对手
For example, anythingthat I know is not true.
从来没有人 做过类似东西 ” 没准我就知道已经
“We have no competition.Nobody makes a widget like this.”
有人做过了 当你告诉我这的一刹那
Odds are I know somebodywho’s made a widget,
砰!
and the minute you tell me that,
我对你说的所有的话就开始有疑问了
I discount half of what you’re saying from then on.
任何让我怀疑 任何让我不理解
Anything I don’t understand,
任何让我需要我自己去猜测的
where I have to make the leap myself,
都会让这个
in my own head,
演讲不流畅 你要像教小学生一样
will stop the flow of the presentation.
让一切可以很容易理解– 咚咚咚咚–但是又
So you’ve got to take methrough like a sixth-grader — dub,
没有居高临下的态度
dub, dub –but without patronizing me.
这很不容易做好
And it’s a very tricky path.
但是如果你做到了 就会很成功
But if you can do it,it works really well.
任何前后不搭的观念都会造成负面影响 如果你告诉我X
Anything that’s inconsistentwithin your concept —
Y
if you tell me sales of X,
Z的销售是1000万
Y or Z are 10 million dollars,
下一页 或者是5页后变成了500万
five slides later,they’re five million dollars…
也许一个是总销售额 一个是纯利润–
One may have been gross sales,
但是我想知道
one may have been net sales,
这些数据是前后合理的 最后
but I want to know that all the numbers make sense together.
任何的错误 比如一个错字
And then, finally: anythingthat’s an error or a typo,
一个低级错误 一条放错位置的线 这都让我觉得你
or a stupid mistake or a line that’s in the wrong place —
连个演讲都做不好 怎么能打理好一间公司呢?
that shows me that if you can’t do a presentation,
所以这些全都
how can you run a company?
很有关系 那么
So this all feeds in together.
最好的学习方法就是
The best way to do this
看看成功的人
is to look at our betters,
看看别人是怎么做的
people who have done this before.
那么让我们看看成功科技公司老总
Let’s look at the most successfultechnology executive in the business,
是怎么做演讲的
and see how a presentation goes.
这是比尔盖茨的演讲 他在为Windows
Bill Gates’s PowerPointpresentation over here.
做一个演讲
Here’s Gates doing a thing for Windows.
这是你应该学的方式么?
Is this how to do a PowerPointpresentation?
你们怎么想?不
What do you think? No.
那么我们应该学谁呢?
Who do you think we should look at as our role model? Oh,
好笑吧!再看一个很棒的 是不?Steve
isn’t that funny!There’s another great one over here. OK,
Jobs.
Steve Jobs.
你想要最棒的–这就是演讲的极致 不是么?
You want absolute –this is the Zen of presentation, right?
看他 个不高 黑裤子
Here he is, one little guy,black jeans and stuff,
便装在一个空旷的舞台上
on a totally empty stage.
你会集中在那里? 集中在他身上!
What are you focusing on?
这就是Steve
You’re focusing on him!This is Steve Jobs.
Jobs所以 你知道 我们钟爱的– 美妙的 长长的要点 列表
So are these wonderful long bullet points,
等等– 很好! 不
whole list of things good? No,
他们并不好 长长的要点很糟糕
they’re not. The longbullet points are bad.
什么好?短 简短的要点
What’s good? Short. Short bullet points.
但是其实更好的
But you know what?
是没有要点
Even better than shortbullet points are no bullet points.
给我标题就好了 但是你知道吗?
Just give me the headline.
Steve Jobs用多少
And you know what?
的要点或者是标题?
How many bullet pointsdoes Steve Jobs use? Basically,
基本没有
none.
那么你该怎么办? 最棒的是办法
What do you do?
是用图片 一个简单的图片
Best of all, images. Just a simple image.
我看一眼图片–百闻不如一见
I look at the image;a picture’s worth a thousand words.
你看一眼图片 看完后 清理思绪 转回来注意到我
You look at the imageand you’ve got the whole thing.
你专注在我的身上
Then you come back to me;
想为什么我是个很棒的人 为什么你要给我投资
you’re focused on me, why I’m such a great guy,
和为什么这个投资项目很合理
why you want to invest,why this all makes sense.
说了这么多 我们只剩下很短的时间了
That said, we only have a very short time,
让我们来总结一下 你演讲中要包括的要点 首先
so let’s run through the thingsto include in your presentation.
你一开场时 投影片不要使用过长的标题
First of all, none of these big,long-titled slides
也不要说一堆废话 比如我给谁演讲 在哪一天等等 我知道日期
with blah, blah, I’m presentingto so-and-so on X date.
我知道我是谁 我知道你在演讲
I know the day, I know who I am —
我不需要这些 我只需要你公司
I don’t need all that.
的标志就够了
Just give me your company logo.
我看一眼标志 把它记在脑子里 然后我就转向你
I look at the logo, and it ties it to my brain.
注意力集中在你身上 就这样 你要用一个15秒到30
Then I come back to you.I’m focused on you, OK?
秒的介绍 来抓住我的注意力
You give me your quick, 15-second or 30-second intro, grab my attention.
然后你就要简短地介绍公司概况
Then you give mea quick business overview.
用不了5分钟
This is not a five-minute pitch.
只要两句话 我们给X
This is, you know, two sentences.
YZ 市场做…部件 或者
“We build widgets for the X, Y, Z market.”
我们给需要做X事情的人提供服务 如此等等
Or,”We sell services to help do X.”You know, whatever.
那就好像拼图游戏盒子上的整体图一样
And that is like the picture on the outside of a jigsaw puzzle box.
让我就知道你公司的背景
That lets me know the context.
也让我对你将要给我演讲的整个内容 有准备
It gives me the armature for the whole thing you’ll be going through;
让我可以把之后的信息 和你已经告诉我的联系起来 然后
it lets me put everything in relation to what you’ve told me.
你要向我介绍 你的管理团队是谁 如果你有过经验和
Then you’ve got to walk me through,
做过类似的事情 这会给你们加分 然后我想了解市场
show me who your management team is.
市场的大小 为什么市场的长期前景值得投资
I want to know the size of the market.
我想
Why is this market worth getting at?
了解你的产品 那非常重要 但是这不是一个产品推销演讲
I want to know your product,that’s very important. Now,
我也不想对你的产品 有从里到外的
this is nota product pitch or sales pitch.
深入理解 我只想知道–
I don’t want to know all the ins and outs,
它到底是什么?
just what the heck is it?
如果是个网站 展示给我你的网站截图 但是不要做现场演示
If it’s a website, show mea screenshot of your website.
永远不要做现场演示
Don’t do a live demo.Never do a live demo.
可以做录制好的演示 或者是其它的 只要让我了解到
Do a canned demo,or something that lets me know
人们为什么会去买它就好 然后 我想知道
why people are goingto buy whatever it is.
–在知道你在卖什么之后– 我想知道你怎么
Now that I know what you’re selling,
用它赚钱
tell me how you make money on it.
卖掉X个商品 你可以赚到Y 你要提供Z服务 我要了解你的商业
For every X you sell, you get Y, or services of Z.
模型是什么
I want to know what the
在单件产品的层面上 或者在你销售
business model is on a per-unit basis,
的实际产品的 基础上
or for the actual product you’re selling.
我想知道你把东西卖给谁
I want to know who you
你的客户群是谁 我也想知道你有没有任何关系
‘re selling to in terms of customers
可以对你有特别的帮助 比如你有没有分发渠道
and if you have any specialrelationships that will help you,
或者是生产合作伙伴 或者是 再说一次
whether it’s a distribution relationshipor a producing partner. Again,
要有验证 这些告诉我
validation.
你不仅仅是一个小小的公司
This helps to say you’re bigger than just one little thing over here.
同时所有人都有竞争者 从来没有任何公司
But everybody has competition.
没有竞争者 竞争者甚至也包括
There’s never been a companywith no competition,
旧的做事方法 我想准确地知道
even if the competitionis the old way of doing something.
你的竞争者是谁
I want to know exactlywhat your competition is,
那会帮助我判断 你的运作模式是不是与你的市场相符
and that will help me judge how you fit into the whole operation.
然后我想知道你的竞争优势是什么 如果我知道了你的竞争者如何运作
I want to know how you’re special.
你怎么能阻止你的竞争者
I know what your competition does —
来分食你的午餐? 然后这一切都联系到
how are you going to prevent them from eating your lunch?
财务纵览
All this ties into the financial overview.
你必需要有–没有财务情况 你根本无法集资 我想知道过去的三年
And you can’t do a VC pitch without giving me your financials.
–或者一两年前
I want to know a year or two back,
或者无论你存在了多久
or as long as you’ve been in existence.
我也想知道三到五年之后 五年可能太多
And I want to knowfour or five years forward.
四年比较合理 我想知道
Five is a bit much. Probably four.
你在产品层面的商业模型
And I want to know how that business model,
如何转化成一个
on a product basis,
公司模型 你能卖掉多少商品
will translate into a company model:
你能从每个商品挣到多少.
How many widgets will you sell?
我想知道盈利
You make X amount per widget.
驱动力是什么 比如我们今年有1000个客户
I want to know what the driver is.
明年有10000个 我们的收入会如何增长
We’ll have 1,000 customersthis year and 10,000 the next,
等等 这些让我了解到投资
our revenues will do this and that.
之后几年的蓝图
That gives me the whole picturefor the next several years
我想知道我的钱
into which I’m investing.
怎么能帮助你实现这些目标
And I want to know how the money
比如你要在中国开个工厂
from me will help you get there.
比如你要把它们花费在市场和销售上
You’re going to openan offshore plant in China,
或者你要去塔希提岛 或者随便哪里
you’re going to spend it allon sales and marketing,
然后就到了开口要钱的时候了
you’re going to go to Tahiti, whatever.
就是你想从我这里融资多少 比如说你要融500
But then comes the ask, where you tell me how much you want.
万–那么公司的估价是多少?
You’re looking for 5 million –at what valuation?
200万 十万? 到目前都有谁投资了?
Two million? 100,000?
我希望你自己投了
What’s the money in so far? Who invested?
因为我是跟着你的
I hope you invested —
如果你自己都不投 我怎么会投?
if you can’t invest in your own thing, why should I?
所以我希望知道你是否有朋友 家人 或者天使投资
So I like to know if you havefriends and family,
其它的投资人投过了 你目前的资产
or angel investors, or more VCs before.
结构是什么样的?
What’s the capital structureup until this point? Finally,
然后最后 你做完了这一切 告诉了我所有的事情
having done all that,
你就要回到总结
you’ve now told me the whole thing,
就好象火箭升天
so now you bring it backto that conclusion.
一切都是向上的
This is that rocket going up.
向上的 向上的 向上的
Hopefully everything has been positive.
你说的一切都让我感到一拍即合 一切都很合理 我想
And everything you say clicks,it all makes sense.
“这太棒了 太棒了 ” 然后你再从新展现给我
And I’m thinking,”This is really great!”
你的标志 仅仅你的商标
Then you take me back to just your logo on the screen.
我看一眼商标
And I look at the logo — OK, good.
好我又转向你 没有其它可看的了 不是么?
Now I come back to you.
这时你要适时地总结
Nothing else to look at, right?

Now you’ve got to wrap it up
要给我最后的惊喜
to give me the final — boom!
就像把火箭送入太空一样
— the final pitch that’s goingto send me into space. Now,
在这个投资演讲过程中
in the process of doing this,
你怎么能记住这个顺序呢?
how do you rememberthe sequences and do it?
你注意到了我没有看屏幕 对吗?
You’ve noticed I’m not lookingat the screen, right?
这个屋子的屏幕实际上在我背后
The screen is in front of me,
我想看也看不到
so I couldn’t even see if I wanted to.
那我怎么知道上面是什么? 其实
So how do I know what’s going on? Well,
我这里有台笔记本 你看着我
I have a laptop in front of me.
你看着这里
You’re looking at me and at this.
你想我在看什么?
What am I looking at?
你想我看的是这个么? 不是
You think that I’m looking at that? No,
我看的是个
I’m looking, actually,
幻灯片的特殊的版本
at a special version of PowerPoint over here,
它让我能看到之前和之后的幻灯片 还有我的笔记–所以我能看到
which shows me the slidesahead and behind, my notes,
是怎么回事 PowerPoint
so I can see what’s going on.
都有这个功能 出厂的时候就有 如果你用苹果电脑
PowerPoint has this built intoevery copy of it that’s shipped.
的Keynote 它的这个功能还要更好
If you use Apple’s Keynote,it’s got an even better version.
还有一个软件叫Ovation 可以从Adobe买到
There’s another program calledOvation you can get from Adobe
它可以帮助你计时
that they bought last summer,
帮助你知道下面
which helps you run the timers and lets
要讲什么 好
you figure out what’s going on. So,
现在该让我总结 把你送到月球去 对吧?
here’s my wrap-upto take you to the moon, right?
我一般有10个要点 但是我们没有时间了
I usually do a Top 10,but we don’t have time, so:
所以我只说5点 第一
David’s Top Five Presentation Tips.
使用演讲模式 或者 Ovation
Number five: always use presenter mode,
或者Presenter Tools–
or Ovation, or presenter tools.
它帮助你 使你清楚的知道你在做什么 它帮助你调整自己的速度
It lets you knowexactly where you’re going,
给你提供时间 所以我们会在正点结束
helps you pace yourself,gives you a timer, the whole bit.
第二 用遥控器
Number four: always use remote control.
你看过我接触电脑么? 没有 为什么?
Have you seen me touchthe computer? No. Why not?
因为我在用遥控器 永远要用遥控器
Because I’m using remote control.Always use remote control.
第三讲义不是你的演讲 如果你听从了我的意见
Number three: the handouts you giveare not your presentation.
你会有
If you follow my suggestions,
个很成功的演讲
you’ll have a very spare, Zen-like presentation,
有力的传递你是谁 同时还会调动人的情感
which is great to convey who
但是它和讲义不一样
you are and get people emotionally involved,
你需要有个详细的讲义 因为你不在的时候
but not good as a handout.
人们可以看讲义来了解你的公司第三
You want a handout that gives more information;
不要
it has to stand without you.
阅读你的演讲 想象一下?“投资我的公司吧
Number two: don’t read your speech.Can you imagine?
因为它很棒 ” 这不能成功的 不是么?不要阅读你的演讲
(Reading)”You should investin my company…”

It doesn’t work.
重要的演讲技巧: 永远也不要盯着屏幕 因为你在和你
And the number one presentation tip: never, ever look at the screen.
的听众建立一种联系 你要保持这种
You’re making a connectionwith your audience,
一对一的联系
and you always wanta one-on-one connection.
屏幕应该在你身后出现
The screen should come up behind you
补充你而不是替代你
and supplement what you’re doing,instead of replace you.
这就是怎么做集资演讲
And that is how to pitch to a VC.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzDBrMisLm0

相关推荐