ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

谷歌欠你多少钱你知道吗? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

谷歌欠你多少钱你知道吗?

Data to Money: How Much Does Google Owe You?

What is google’s product?
什么是谷歌的产品
You might think it’s their search engine,
或许你会认为是它们的搜索引擎
or Android, or their maps.
或者是安卓 又或者是它们的地图
But you don’t pay for any of those.
但你没有为此付过任何费用
So what is their product?
所以什么是它们的产品
The answer is: none of the above.
答案是 以上都不是
Google’s product is YOU.
谷歌的产品是 你
YOU is what they sell.
他们销售的是 你
Whenever you use a free google software
无论什么时候你用免费的谷歌软件
or almost any other free service for that matter
或者是其他的免费服务
The company behind that service gains some data on you,
这项服务背后的公司从你身上获取了数据
and your data has value.
你的数据拥有了价值
It creates a channel between you and advertisers.
它在你和广告商之间建立了联系
Google will collect data on you and users of similar age or interest
谷歌会在你和有相似年龄或者兴趣的用户身上收集数据
and then package you up to sell you by the thousands
然后将你们整合起来大批量地销售
to the highest bidding customers which are other companies
给其他你所关注的公司中
in the form of your attention spent.
出价最高的客户
This whole process is called data mining.
这整个过程称为数据挖掘
This is your data. You are the mine.
这是你的数据 你就是那个宝藏
Did you have to watch an Ad before this video started?
在这个视频开始前你是否要先看个广告
Congratulations. You have been successfully mined and sold.
恭喜你 你已经被成功地挖掘并销售了
Before we continue, let me make something perfectly clear.
在我们继续之前 我来明确一件事
There’s nothing wrong with that business model.
那种商业模式完全没有问题
After all, you are getting a lot of juicy services for free
毕竟 你免费获得了许多丰厚的服务
Let’s just do some math.
让我们来算一算
In 2016, note the update date
在2016年 亦即此视频所发的时间
Google will have made around 80 billion dollars by mining the data of their users.
谷歌靠挖掘用户的数据 将赚到800亿美元
They have around 4 billion active users,
他们拥有400亿活跃用户
So, on average,
所以 平均下来
Google alone earned 20 dollars this year with your data
谷歌今年从每一个用户身上 获利20美元
Now this is your data after all,
这毕竟是你的数据
and usually when somebody makes money with your property,
而且通常当某些人用你的资产获得利益的时候
they pay you some interest.
他们会付给你利息
So where are Google’s interest payments to you?
那么谷歌付给你的利息又在哪儿呢
Here is the catch.
关键在这里
You don’t own your data.
你的数据并不为你所有
Your data is owned by and stored on the servers of the company
你的数据属于这个为你提供免费服务的公司
that provided you with their free service.
并储存在它的服务器上
Somewhere on page 126
在126页的某个地方
and all those terms and conditions which you ticked,
所有你点击的协议条款
you signed away all your rights to your own data.
都意味着签字放弃了你对自己数据的权利
Quick summary:
简要总结
Many free software/platform companies are mining your data,
很多免费软件或平台的公司都在挖掘你的数据
which they then own and combine with the data of other users
之后他们会拥有你的数据 并与其他用户的结合
to create their product.
来创造他们的产品
They then sell this product to companies in the form of your attention,
之后他们会把产品以你的关注点的形式卖给其他公司
and what you get in return are lots of great services for free
而你获得的回报就是许多很棒的免费服务
which would otherwise have cost you some subscription fees.
如果不是这样 这些服务会花费你一些订阅费
So, it’s a fair deal, right?
所以是个不错的交易 对吗
Maybe it is,
或许是
but maybe there’s a better way to do things.
但或许有更好的方式去做这件事
Here’s an idea.
这里提一个想法
Imagine your data was not owned by
设想你的数据不是被
and stored on the servers of billion-dollar companies
由巨头公司的服务器所拥有和储存
Instead, it was stored on a literal data bank.
而是被文字数据银行存储
a government regulated institution,
这个政府管理的机构
much like a regular bank where you store your money.
很像一个存钱的普通银行
The data bank will then lend out your data to corporations, governments,
数据银行会把你的数据借给企业 政府
or other institutions which require such data to run their business.
或者其他需要很多数据来经营业务的机构
In return for being allowed to do this,
这样做的回报是
the data bank pays you interest.
数据银行会付给你利息
The technological details of how such bank would work are a story for another time
至于银行运作在技术上的细节就是另一个问题了
Small spoiler:
稍稍透露一点
actually the data bank would not literally send out your data to the borrowers
实际上数据银行不会直接把你的数据给借入方
but only grant them indirect access.
而是授予他们间接的使用权
The data borrower would send the data bank a code snippet
数据借入方会给数据银行发送小段编码
which the bank runs locally,
供银行在局部运行
and would then only return the end results to the borrower.
然后只反馈最终结果给借入方
The companies who are now paying you for your data
购买你数据的公司
might have to charge some subscription fee
会收取一些订购费用
in order to make up for decreased profit margins.
为了弥补减少的收益
But since you earned some interests on your data,
但既然你已经用数据收取了一些利息
you have the money to pay up.
你也有了支付费用的钱
So, in the end,
所以 到最后
we simply move back to a more traditional business relationship.
我们回归到一个更加传统的商业关系
Once again, you are more of a customer than a product.
你会一如既往地更像一个消费者而不是一个产品
But the big difference that having a data bank system occurs when you think big.
但当你往大了想 你会发现有了数据银行以后的大差别
Overtime, you produce lots of small valuable snippets for the data driven economy.
很久以后 你创造了数据经济的许多有价值的小片段
Not just your personal data,
而不仅是你个人的数据
viral tweet here, maybe some music there, or a video
病毒式传播的推特 或许是音乐 也可能是一段视频
With a data bank system and combination with some block chain technology,
在数据银行系统和区块链技术的结合之下
topic for another time,
成为下一个话题
you would generate lots of micro payment on your complete digital output.
在你完整的数据化产出之外还会有许多小的报酬
Irrespective of where you post it,
不管你在哪里发布
when they spread, you get paid.
在哪里传播 你都会得到报酬
In the end, creating a much healthier data driven economy
最终 创造一个更良好的数据运行经济
where everyone becomes negative participant,
使得每个人都能成为积极的参与者
an economy that allows for the creation of a new middle class
加入到这个21世纪新的中产阶级所创造的
in the 21st century.
经济中

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

谷歌公司销售的产品是什么呢?那些免费软件从哪儿获取利益呢?原来,不知不觉中,你早已成为被销售的产品了。

听录译者

_Zzzzyo

翻译译者

贰两二

审核员

审核团H

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8kA-EZReA0

相关推荐