未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何从火星表面提取氧气

Crazy Engineering: Making Oxygen on Mars with MOXIE

We’ve all seen the Martian, and we know
我们都看过《火星救援》
we need breathable oxygen to survive on Mars.
我们也知道在火星上生存需要呼吸用氧
What’s up, Watney?
怎么 沃特尼?
It turns out it’s a lot better to be able to
事实证明
extract it from the atmosphere of Mars
从火星大气中提取氧气
than bring it with you on the trip over
比你旅途自带氧气更好
if you have the technology.
如果你有这项技术的话
Let’s see how close we are
在本期的《疯狂工程》中
on this episode of Crazy Engineering.
我们来看看离这项技术还有多近
I’m here with Jim. He’s going to teach us
我和Jim在这里呢
how to get oxygen on the surface of Mars.
他将教我们如何在火星表面获取氧气
Jim, can you tell us where we are right now?
Jim 你能告诉我们 我们现在在哪儿吗?
Absolutely, this is the JPL, Mars oxygen,
当然可以 这里是喷气推进实验室的
in-situ, resource utilization laboratory.
火星氧气原位资源利用实验室
We call this the Moxie Lab for short.
我们简称为Moxie实验室
The Moxie instrument is the demonstration mission
Moxie是一项演示任务
designed to prove that we can produce pure oxygen
用以证明我们可以在火星表面
on the surface of Mars.
生产出纯净氧气
If it’s successful, NASA may opt to send a dedicated mission
如果成功的话 未来NASA可能会选择发射专门的任务
to produce oxygen for humans to use in the future.
来生产供人类使用的氧气
So how do we make oxygen on the surface of the Mars?
那么我们如何在火星表面制造氧气呢?
It’s actually a very easy process.
这个过程其实很简单
Basically what we do is we take Mars atmosphere.
我们大致要做的就是获取火星大气
We run it into a unit
把它放入
called a solid oxide electrolysis unit
固体氧化物电解装置里面
which is basically a feul cell in reverse.
基本上也就是一个反向燃料电池
Wait a second.
等等
Reverse feul cell? How is that work?
反向燃料电池?是怎么起作用的?
So, this is a solid oxide electrolysis unit.
这是一个固体氧化物电解装置
What happens to it is that
然后是这样的
we have Mars atmosphere enter in this line,
我们把火星大气输入这个管道
goes into the SOXE unit,
进入到索星电池
it’s then heated up to 800 degree celsius.
接着加热到800摄氏度
We inject energy into the cathode and anode,
我们把能量注入阴极和阳极
and then what happens is that oxygen is separated from the CO2
之后氧气将会从二氧化碳中分离出来
and comes out this line over here.
从这条管道逸出
This line here is the waste gases
这条管道出来的是
that’s left over from the catalyst process.
催化过程中产生的废气
To test this technology, your’re gonna need some Martian atmosphere.
要测试这项技术 就需要一些火星大气
Where on earth your’re gonna find that?
那地球上哪里可以找得到火星大气呢?
We know the composition of Martian atmospheres.
我们知道火星大气的组成
It’s 95% CO2 with some trace gases.
也就是95%的二氧化碳和一些微量气体
And there are companies here on earth
地球上有很多公司
that will mix that gas for us.
为我们提供那些混合气体
We call It Mars mixed gas
我们称之为火星混合气体
and we use it for most of our testing.
我们就用它来做大部分的测试
What if we land on top of a mountain or down in a valley?
那倘若我们降落在山顶或山谷呢?
The conditions for extracting oxygen are totally different.
提取氧气的条件则完全不同
We’ve get a test for all of that.
我们要全部测试
So the way we test for it is
我们测试的方法是
we design an instrumentation system
我们设计了一个仪器系统
that covers all of the conditions of the instrument:
它包含了仪器的所有条件:
lower pressures, higher pressures, clogging filters, oxygen purity…all of that stuff.
低压 高压 过滤器堵塞 氧气纯度……诸如此类的所有条件
Why don’t we just bring the oxygen with us when we go to Mars?
为什么我们去火星的时候不自带氧气呢?
It’s very difficult to bring something
从地球表面到火星表面
from the surface of the earth to the surface of Mars.
携带东西很困难的
And It costs millions and millions of dollars.
需要花费数百万美元
So it’s much easier and better for us
倘若我们能从火星上获取资源
if we try to get that resource from the planet.
对我们来说更简单 更好
Well, it’s obviously a huge challenge
好吧 显然这是一个巨大的挑战
but we both really optimistic up here.
但我们对此都很乐观
We’re excited to see it on the Mars 2020 mission.
我们很期待在火星2020任务中看到它
Check back soon for some more Crazy Engineering.
更多的《疯狂工程》 敬请收看
Heads up, Watney.
小心了 沃特尼

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

火星表面有空气吗,我们如何提取呢,这是一个值得思考的问题

听录译者

翻译译者

长安小盆友

审核员

审核员JO

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rzu7TTkIMA

相关推荐