未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

科克城——爱尔兰的吃货天堂

CORK CITY: IRELAND'S FOODIE CAPITAL

大家早上好 最近过的如何?
Good morning, guys. How we all doing?
我不敢相信我们活过了昨天
I cannot believe we survived yesterday.
非常刺激 十分放纵 但我们并未沉迷
Pretty intense, Very indulgent, but we’re not indulging.
我想我们仅仅是才开始
I think we’ve only just begun.
是的 我们正在科克城
Right. We are in Cork.
众所周知 它是爱尔兰第二城市
It’s known as the second city of Ireland.
但谈及美食 它当是第一
But when it comes to food , it is number one
我们被高产农田及海滨所环绕
We’re surrounded byvery productive farmland and coasts,
各种事物在科克城汇集
and it all kind of comes together here in Cork
我们准备去见来自Fab Food Trails的爱丽丝·科伊尔
So we’re meeting up withAlice Coyle from Fab Food Trails
她将给我们介绍科克城的美食景象
She’s going to give usan introduction to the Cork food scene.
感谢上帝让我们错过了早餐
Thank god we skipped breakfast.
让我们嗨起
Let’s roll.
亚历克斯:很高兴见到你爱丽丝: 我也是
Alex: Nice to meet you.Alice: You too.
爱丽丝:最近怎么样?亚历克斯:很棒 很棒!
Alice: How’re you doing?Alex: Good, good!
爱丽丝:欢迎来到科克城马尔科:很高兴见到你
Alice: Welcome to Cork.Marko: Nice to meet you.
第一站是哪儿?
Where’s the first stop?
我不能告诉你 这是一个秘密
I can’t tell you that. That’s a secret.
好吧 那我们之后就跟着你了
All right. We’re just going to follow you, then.
你们跟我来 我带你们吃好喝好同时遇见一些有趣的人们
You’re going to come with me, and you’re going to eat and drink and meet some fantastic people.
— 尽情享受— 很棒!
– Have fun.- Great!

Boom.
所以我们开始探索这个城市吧
So we’re just starting to explore the city,
我们刚经过一个农贸市场
and we went by a farmer’s market
想给你多介绍一点这儿的背景
and want to give you a bit more of the backround here.
我想说科克城如今确实是一个美食之都
I mean Cork is really a food capital today
因为它是建立在周围地区的农耕基础之上的
because it was built onagriculture from the surrounding areas.
它因销售黄油而致富
it was made really rich by butter,
尤其是它在19世纪的黄油交易规模是世界之最
specifically, it has the biggestbutter trade in the world in the 19th century.
这也不是什么新鲜事儿
and so, this is nothing new,
但我想我们今天要寻找的
but I think what we’re going to find today
是在食品领域的某种程度的复兴
is that there has beensome sort of revival in the food scene,
我们将在这儿寻找一些促成这件事的人
and we’re going to findsome people here who are making that happen.
好了 我猜我们最终不会错过早餐
Well, I guess it turns outthat we are not skipping breakfast after all.
我们现在在芬恩码头餐厅
We’re here at Fenn’s Quay
它是小镇里比较好的餐厅之一 对吧?
which is one of the better restaurants in town, right?
是的 当然
Yes, absolutely.
当你来到爱尔兰
Well, if you come to Ireland,
如果你以为这个布丁会是一种甜点
and you think that pudding is going to be dessert,
那你就错了
you’d be mistaken.
这是血肠 是一种早餐食品
It is blood sausage, and it’s for breakfast.
嗯 非常棒
Um. That is good.
好了 我们迅速地吃了一点早餐
All right. So we’ve justhad a quick little bite for breakfast,
但首先我们需要咖啡
but first we need coffee.
我们需要咖啡因来提神
We need caffeine.
所以我们打算去拐角处一家炫酷的咖啡店
So we’re going to go to a cool little coffee shop just around the corner
待会儿见(西班牙语)
Hasta luego.
待会儿见
Hasta luego.
好了 我们已经适当补充过咖啡因了
Right. Well, we are properly caffeinated.
补充咖啡因?唔 我觉得这是个正确的说法
Caffeinated? Yes, I guess that’s a word.
补充完咖啡因 现在我们在去英国市场的路上
Caffeinated, and nowwe’re on our way to the English Market
好了 我们到达英国市场了
Well, we’ve just arrived at the English Markets.
这里有什么特别之处呢?
What’s so special about this place?
英国市场是欧洲最大的室内集市之一
So the English Marketis one of the largest covered markets in Europe.
它建于1788年 那时的爱尔兰是英国殖民地
it was built in 1788when Ireland was a colony of Great Britain,
这个城市给英国海军提供腌制鳕鱼
and this city supplied the British Navy with salted cod
以及五香牛肉 或者我们称之为腌制牛肉
and spiced beef, or as we call it corned beef.
但是近来情况变了很多
But things have changed a lot lately,
它现在实际上是为当地人们服务
It’s actually for the local people to come here
并聚集制作美食的人们
and meet the producers who are making their food.
我们将见到一个名为Pat O’Connell的家伙
So we’re going to meet with a guy named Pat O’Connell
他经营着爱尔兰最长的鱼柜台
who has the longest fish counter in Ireland.
我们身后就是 让我们来看看吧
And it’s right behind us. Let’s do it.
我们在科克城十分幸运
We’re really lucky in Cork
因为我们这里有两个重要的渔业港口
because we’ve got two major fishing ports here
就在Union Hall和Castletown
in Union Hall and Castletown
距离科克城不到120千米
which is within kind of 120 kilometers
所以我们每天早上或者晚上都可以享用到新鲜鱼
so we can put on practicallyevery morning or every evening and get fresh fish.
这就是为什么他们说科克城是爱尔兰的美食之都的理由之一
which is one of the reasonsthey say Cork is the food capital of Ireland.
嗨 朋友们
Hi guys.
我们找到一些大比目鱼
We’ve got some halibut,
很棒的鱼 在我的家乡加利福利亚特别贵
great fish, super expensive back home in California.
软软的 有益健康 而且很美味
soft, healthy, and delicious.
如你所见 我无法抗拒牡蛎的诱惑
You see I’m clearly not over the oysters,
明天我还要吃
I’m still doin’ it one day later.
在科克城
And in Cork,
我们保证每12个人里面就有11个喜欢它
we guarantee that 11 out of every 12 work.
深思一下吧
Think about it.
小心 野兽出没
Watch out. Wild animal on the loose.
好了伙计们 我们已经去过了Farm Gate Cafe
OK guys, so we’ve just got to Farm Gate Cafe.
它是一家位于二楼的餐厅
which is the restaurant on the second story.
它位于英国市场的正上方
It’s right above the English Market.
想法很棒
It’s a pretty cool idea.
所有的食物 所有的食材
So all the food, all the ingredients
原材料来源于下面的市场
the raw ingredientshave been sourced from the market below.
这里是一个非常棒的地方 可以晒图到社交平台
And it’s a really good place to just kind of “post up”
或者在这儿吃一顿美美的饭
and have a nice meal
又或者仅是稍稍感受一下市场的气氛
and just sort of absorb the vibe of the market.
这正是我们将要去体验的
So that’s exactly what we’re going to do
可以告诉我们你们在这儿处世之道吗?
Could you tell us aboutthe philosophy of what you are trying to do here?
我的看法是 这个市场是我们的花园
So the idea is, the market is our garden
我们早上下去逛逛
And we go down in the morning
大厨下去寻找好的食材
the chefs go down, they look at what’s good,
与摊贩主聊聊天
and they talk to the stall holders
然后开始准备午餐
and then that comes up for lunch and,
如你所见 它们在餐桌上
you know, it goes to the table.
食欲大开!
Bon appetit.
食欲大开!
Bon appetit.
太美味了
Absolutely delectable.
就差一品脱啤酒了
Just need a pint with that.
已经有了
Already had one.
这是非常传统的牛肚和羊血香肠
So it’s very traditional, tripe and drisheen.
他们过去曾大量生产这个
And they used to produce so much of this
所以科克城也被称为爱尔兰的屠宰场
that Cork was called the slaughter house of Ireland.
我要假装它是通心粉和奶酪
I’m going tojust pretendthat it’s macaroni and cheese.
也许让每个人都接受它并不容易
Well it might not be easy for everyone to stomach,
但是白洋葱酱配上欧芹 非常棒
but the white onion sauce parsley is pretty good.
它看起来像我生病时我堵塞的鼻子流出来的鼻涕
It looks like it came outof my booger nose when I’m sick.
我再也不想看见它了
I’m not going to look at it anymore;
我想都不想 我要一口吃掉它
I’m not even going to think about it, I’m just going to eat it.
我要吃了 三 二
Here we go 3-2
噢 我的天
Oh my god.
不 不要再探究它了
No. Did not dig that at all.
那么你喜欢牛肚吗?
So, do you like tripe, yourself?
我喜欢它 我非常喜欢它
I love tripe. I absolutely adore tripe.
这是一道传统科克菜
It’s a traditional Cork dish.
这是一个谎言!
That is a lie!
如果你知道爱尔兰威士忌 那么机会来了
Well, chances are if you know Irish whiskey,
你可能听过詹姆士这个名字
you’ve probably heard the name Jameson.
以J开头 ameson结尾
Starts with a “J” ends with an “-ameson”
大多数人可能在都柏林尝过詹姆士
Most of you have maybedone the Jameson experience in Dublin,
但是你们可能不知道它究竟是怎样酿造的
but you might not know that it’s actually brewed,
事实上它在科克城这儿经过蒸馏
actually distilled here in Cork.
所以我们来到了米德尔顿镇
So we are in the town of Middleton.
在这儿这个酿酒厂从1825年经营到1975年
This is where the distilleryhas been operating since 1825 until 1975
然后他们在隔壁建了一座更加现代化的酿酒厂
where they builta more modern distillery right next door,
我们现在要去参观一下
but we’re going to go on a tour now
来探寻他们酿造这个传奇之酒的奥秘
and find out howthey’ve been making this legendary spirit.
我们使用四种食材
We have four ingredients that we use:
我们用了大麦
we use barley;
我们用了麦芽 或者说发芽的大麦
we use malt, or malted barley;
我们用了玉米 还有优质的水源
we use corn or maize,and we use a good supply of water.
回溯到1825年的这里
And in this area here going back to 1825,
农民们会驾着他们的货运马车而来
this is where the farmerswould have come with their horse carts
然后在这儿卸下粮食
and would have dropped off the grain here
我非常确定我曾在肖迪奇见到人们穿着它四处走动
I’m pretty sure I’ve seenpeople walking around in these in Shoreditch
这个工厂即使按旧有的标准来看也很大
This factory was huge, even by old standards.
这很有趣 有点像一座城堡
But it’s interesting, kind of feels like a castle.
它令人印象深刻
This is impressive
这是世界上最大的罐式蒸馏器
This is the largest pot-still in the world,
它本质上像一个威士忌酒的锅炉他们将所有原料在里面混合
which is essentially likea whiskey cauldron where they mix it all together.

Take a look.
让我们远景看一看
Let’s put things into perspective.
锅炉深入地底 不是吗?
It goes underground too, no?
它的容量是33000加仑或者说144000公升
It has the capacity of 33,000 gallons or 144,000 liters
想象一下天使投资人的股份
Imagine the size of the angels’ share
天使投资人在这里占有很大的股份
The angels get a big share here.
巨额股份
Gigantic share.
有一则有趣的历史小故事
Funny little historical note.
我们刚发现 这里众所周知的蒸馏技艺
We’ve just found outthat it’s believed the art of distillation
实际上由天主教僧侣途经西班牙带到爱尔兰
actually arrived in Irelandvia Spain from Catholic monks.
所以如果你喜欢威士忌 喜欢啤酒
So if you like whiskey and you like beer,
你会因此而感谢上帝!
You’ve got to thank God for it!
你被众多的威士忌所环绕
You are pretty much surrounded by whiskey
这是45间储藏室中最小的一个
This is the smallest of 45 store rooms.
每个储藏室中都有33000只木桶
There are 33,000 casks in each of the storage rooms.
这一间只有1000只
This one only has 1,000
每只木桶中都有500到700瓶威士忌
and each of these hasbetween 500-700 bottles worth of whiskey in them.
这酒非常多
So that’s a lot of booze.
你会渐渐爱上威士忌
You’ve got to love whiskey
但是你知道威士忌配什么最好吗?是什么?
But you know what goes well with whiskey? What?
啤酒 手工啤酒
Beer, craft beer.
回到科克城 让我们嗨起
Back in Cork. Let’s roll
我们刚刚抵达科克城的市中心
We’ve just arrived into downtown Cork,
我们正在去Rising Suns——手工啤酒厂的路上
and we are on our way to Rising Suns, Craft Brewery
都柏林的特色是吉尼斯黑啤酒
So, Okay. Dublin is Guinness,
在科克城 有Murphy和Beamish
and here in Cork, there’s Murphy’s and Beamish.
这些是传统的烈性啤酒
Those are the traditional stouts
但是Rising Suns以及少数其他啤酒厂稍微撼动了它们的地位
But Rising Suns is kind ofshaking up this, along with a few other breweries,
所以我们正打算去看看现代技术怎样在古典爱尔兰的烈性啤酒中呈现
so we’re going to go see what’s like the modern take is on the classic Irish stouts and beers.
太棒了
Lovely
举个例子 200年前的爱尔兰只有200座啤酒厂
For example,in Ireland, 200 years ago only 200 breweries.
到1960年 我们仅有12座
By 1960, we had 12.
所以我们确实感觉到我们是初升的太阳
So we really feel, for us, the Rising Suns
我们让制造业直接回到这座城市
we’re bringingmanufacturing straight back into the city,
酿造啤酒就是制造业的一部分
and part of manufacturing is brewing.
我们来自圣地亚哥 出生然后繁育
San Diego boys, born and breed.
IPA啤酒是我们的最爱
IPA is our bread and butter.
味道如何立见分晓
This is the litmus test.
很棒
It’s good.
在我看来 对IPA啤酒而言这酒花的香味有点淡
It’s light on the hops for an IPA, in my opinion
或许更接近麦酒
Probably more along the lines of a pale ale
但是你必须考虑到你在爱尔兰
But you’ve got to consider you’re in Ireland.
确实
this is true.
你会希望你的啤酒好喝 此外
So you want your beer to be palatable, as well
你也不想因为啤酒的酒花味道刺激吓跑客人
and you don’t want to frighten people off with aggressively hopped beer…
呀!爱尔兰西海岸的IPA(真棒)
Yargh!!! West Coast IPA.
是的 这正是我们想听到的
yeah, that’s what we like to hear.
所以我们学习到了比利时麦酒的风格
So we’ve got the Belgium wheat beer style
在国际啤酒大赛中获得了金牌
just won a Gold Medalat the international “beer” competition.
啤酒大赛
beer competition
其实仅获得了铜奖
This is only bronze.
非常棒
Very nice.
我不知道 伙计
I don’t know, dude.
我现在已经喝多了
I’m so stuffed right now.
我喝太多了 现在有点耳鸣
I’m so stuffed and I’m slightly “vibeing” right now.
我们确实可能因为喝太多而痛风
We actually might get gout from so much.
我认为我们马上会痛风
I think we’re going to get gout.
上一个月是我生命中最放纵的一个月
The last month has been the most indulgent of my life.
没错 就是这样
Fine, that being said.
非常棒
it’s been really good.
今天是对科克城的美食景象做了一个很棒的介绍
Today’s been agreat introduction to the Cork food scene.
我们今天在市中心
So we’ve been here in the city today.
接下来的两天就将
Tomorrow is going to begin two days of
去城郊走访制作这些美食的人们
actually going out to the peoplewho are producing this food in the countryside
我们明天将前往金赛尔
So we’re going to Kinsale tomorrow.
我们准备去钓鱼
We’re going to go fishing,
然后我们会烹调我们抓的鱼
and then we’re going to cook the fish that we catch.
伙计们 如果你喜欢这个视频
Guys, if you enjoyed this video
请一定给它点个赞 分享给你的朋友
make sure yougive it a thumbs-up, share it with your friends
订阅哇嘎兄弟频道每周二来收看新的旅游视频
and subscribe to Vagabrothersfor new travel videos every Tuesday.
与此同时保持好奇心 不懈探索
And in the meantime stay curious, keep exploring
我们会在路上遇见你们
and we’ll see you guys on the road.
拜托啦
Please.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如果你是一个吃货,那么一定不能错过科克城

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

茶小树

审核员

A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjJXnRuTr1s

相关推荐