未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

对话填白-避免尴尬沉默的英语短语

Conversation Fillers - English Phrases to avoid Awkward Silence | Thinking in English | Small Talk

当有人问了你一个问题 你却卡壳了
Someone asks you a question and you get stuck. Well,
这时候你应该说什么
what are the things that you can say
来填补这块留白的时间
to fill in that silence or to fill in thatgap?
你会保持沉默吗?
Do you keep mum?
抑或巧用对话填白?
Or do you end up using gap fillers?
今天的课程我们将着眼于一些对我们有帮助的短语
in today’s lesson we are gon na look at some phrases that would help
帮你拖延回答的时间
you to delay your answers.
嗨大家好 我是Niharika
Hi everyone. I am Niharika here
欢迎大家来到今天的课程
welcome back to a new lesson
在今天的课程中我们将学习
well,in today’s lesson we are gon na look
一些可以帮助你拖延回答的短语
at some phrases that would help you to delay your answers.
总有一些时候
Now there are times
当别人问你问题
when people ask you a question or
或者询问你的意见时
or people ask for your opinion.
你需要一段时间去思考
and you need these few seconds to think.
有些人往往保持沉默
Now people tend to keep mum or they tend to say, Ahh,
或者吞吞吐吐的
Hmm, so rather
用 啊? 嗯… 当然啦 等词语来拖延时间
than using these sounds like, Ahh,
这些都会使听众尴尬
Hmmm or that awkward silence that the listener has
我们接下来要学习的这些短语
to face. Well there are some phrases
不仅可以帮助你拖延回答
that you can use to fill in those few seconds and
还减少了尴尬的风险
delay your answers.
让我们一起开始
So we are gon na look
学习这七个短语吧
at these seven phrases here and let’s get started.
第一个短语是 “Well, you see …”
The very first phrase that I have for you is, well you see.
假如现在有个人向你走来
Now here probably someone comes up to you
问了你一个问题
and asks you a question
你猝不及防还没想好咋回答
and you are not very well prepared to answer this,
非得花点时间想想不可
you need few seconds to think
怎样组织好语言再回答对方
about it and form your sentences correctly and then put
所以你脑子在转的时候
it forward to the listener, so when you thinking this,
你就可以用这个短语
you need to use the phrase like, Well
“Well, you see…” 来争取时间
you see and then answer the question.
举个例子 某人过来说
Likefor example, someone comes up to you and say’s that,
你打算接受这份工作吗?
Hey are you planning to take up thatjob?
你对这个问题完全没准备
You are not prepared for this question,
你得寻思寻思
so you need those few seconds to answer that,
你可以拉高音量说
now rather than keeping mum, you will use,
“Well, you see” 这样比保持沉默更好
Well you see and try to use high intonation when you use this phrase.
如此一来
So here you’re
你为自己争取了时间来想怎么回答他的问题
buying time to answer the question.
要注意下 当你用这个短语时
Now rememberwhen you use this phrase, you can only take
你只能停顿两三秒 比如
a pause of two or three seconds and that’sabout it. Like,
Well, you see…
well you see.
然后
And then just
停顿两三秒
take a pause of two,
然后马上接着说出你的回答
three seconds and then immediately start with your answer.
毕竟你不能一直停顿
You just can’t keep waiting forever.
第二个短语是 “Hang on a moment…”
Another phrasethat you can use is, Hang on a moment.
这里你是直接让对方稍等一会儿
here you are directly asking the listener to wait,
但是不能让对方等个把小时
now the wait can not be like an half
只能是等个几秒
an hour wait, It has to be just couple of seconds,
来给你自己争取时间思考
wherein you’re buying time to answer
总之你可以用这个句子拖延你的回答
the question. So you can use this phrase to delay your answer,
比如 某人过来问你
so someone would come up
关于这个新项目你有没有什么新想法?
and ask you, What have you thought about thisnew project?
你想这样回答
So you want to give that answer.
我脑子里已经有点子了 但是你想说得更贴切
You have something in your mind, but you wan na put it right,
你想组织好语言 再说出来
you wan na use the right words to put it forward.
所以你用这个短语
So you are buying time and
直接告诉对方等一下
you’re delaying your answer by directly
以便你拖延时间
asking the listener that, Hang on a moment.
所以说完这个短语
So take a pause for few seconds and then get
你就可以思考一会儿再给出你的回答
started.
第三个你可以用的短语是
Another phrase that you can use is,
“How shall i put it?”
How shall I put it?
毫无疑问
Now there are certain things that
有时我们的嘴往往比脑子要快
you tend to say that might offend people.
这种时候 就很容易冒犯到别人
Now this happens, when you don’t think before
所以记住
you speak. So it’s important for you,
如果别人问你很私人的问题
when someone asks you maybe a personal question
或者其他你不想聊的问题
or maybe a question
你真的很想吐槽他或者
that you do not like to be asked and you tend to offend people or
你很不爽了
you tend to sound very unpleasant.
这种情况下 如果你想保持优雅
Now ifyou don’t wanna sound unpleasant or you don’t
而且不得罪人
want to offend someone.
你可以说 How shall i put it? 来拖延时间
You buy time by saying,How shall I put it?
实际上
So here you’re actually
你是为自己争取时间去想更合适而又不得罪别人的话
buying time to use the right words that would not offend someone,
所以当你不高兴
so use this phrase when
又不想得罪人的时候就用这句
you do not want to offend someone.
在让我们看看第四个短语
Let’s have a look at another phrase here,
“What’s the word for it?”
which is, What’s the word for it?
你知道
You know
有时候 你绞尽脑汁
there are times, when you are looking
都想不出合适的应对
for a particular word and it’s just not coming. Ohh!
天呐 是什么词?
What is it?
What’s the word for it?
So what’s the word for it?
所以这里你又在想那个特定的词
So here again you’re trying to think of
却怎么都想不出来
that particular word and when you can’t think about it,
所以 当你想不出来说什么时
when it’s just not coming into your
你可以用这句短语
head the you can use the phrase,
What’s the word for it?
What’s the word for it?
别不说话沉思 而是说
Rather than just keeping mum say,
What’s the word for it?
What’s the word for it?
生活中很多人
Now many people,
当他们绞尽脑汁想一个词
when they are trying to think of that particular
却怎么都想不起来的时候
word and it’s not coming in their mind.
他们会把自己的意思解释给对方听
Theytend to explain the meaning to the listener
指望对方能理解他想说的话
hoping that the listener would come up withthat word.
你肯定有这种经历 对
You know that happens, Right.
就是你和你朋友聊天时 突然有人问你
you’re talking with your friends and someone say’s,
你觉得呢?
What do you think about that?
你有个合适的词
you have a particular word that you can use
但是你刚好想不起来 想不起来
for this situation, but you can’t just think of it right now.
所以你准备争取时间了
So you’re buying time,
就用这句短语吧
now to buy that time you can use the phrase,
What’s the word for it?
What’s the word for it And then
然后等个两三秒 再解释你想表达的意思
after few seconds try to explain the meaning of that word.
甚至有时候
Even if you’re not getting
你还是想不起那个词 试着解释那个词的意思
that word try to explain the meaning of it and then
你的朋友也许就正好想到了那个词呢
probably the listener would come up with thatword.
好了 让我们来看下一个可以拖延回答的短语
So let’s move on to another phrase that you can use to delay your answer,
这个和上一个很相似
which is pretty similar to the one above,
“It’s on the tip of my tongue”
it’s on the tip of my tongue.
你是否也经历过我这种情况
Does that happen to you?
前几天 我朋友问我
the other day, my friend asked me,
对了 Niharika 你知道那个演《招魂》的演员叫什么吗?
Hey Niharika what’s that actors name, who has done the
我知道他的名字
movie Conjuring? And I know his name;
话都到嘴边呼之欲出了
it is on the tip of my tongue.
但我就是一时间说不出来
But it’s just not coming out of my mouth.
当你意识到 你说不出这个名字
When you know, you can’t really think of that name,
它就在你嘴边呼之欲出 但就是说不出来
it’s right on your tongue but it’s just not coming out.
这时 就用这个短语
Well use the phrase, so here again you’re
你可以争取时间又不用沉默
buying time to think, so rather than keeping mum,
你可以这样说
you are saying, it’s on the tip of
It’s on the tip of my tongue. What it is?
my tongue, what is it?
What it is?
what is it?
然后接着聊下去
Continueyour conversation.
这样会让你
So that kind of sounds
看起来又友好又自信
really nice and you come out as a very confident person as well.
所以 当你有话到嘴边了
So you can use this phrase,
又说不出来时
when you just can’t think of that word at that moment,
但是脑子里又有这个词 那么就用这个短语吧
but it’s there in your mind.
第五个短语是”Now, let me think”
Now let’s have a look at another phrase, Now let me think.
什么情景下用这句呢
When do you use this phrase?
比方说 有时候
You know at times,
某人过来问你对某件事的看法
people come up to you and ask you for your opinion about something,
你觉得这个演员怎样 或者 你觉得这个项目怎么
What do you think about this actor or what do you think about this project?
你觉得这家公司怎么样
What do you think about this company? Well,
你被这些问题狂轰乱炸
there areso many questions that are bombarded on you
你一时无法回答
and you’re not very well prepared to answerthem.
又不想说错话
And of course you do not wanna make
显得自己很无知
a mistake or you don’t wan na sound as a very smart person.
你想表现出
But yes you wanna show that
你胸有点墨 侃侃而谈的样子
you have certain things in mind that you would like to talk about,
所以你可以用这句短语来争取时间
so again you are using this phrase to buy sometime to delay youranswer.
举例子 有人问你
So someone say’s, So what do you think
你觉得这个项目怎样
about this project.
你觉得这个项目值得信任吗?
Do you think it’s great?
你觉得我们该不该做这个项目?
Do you think we should go for it?
这时
And here
你想争取时间来好好回答
you wanna buy time to answer this correctly.
你可以说 “Now, let me think”
So you’re gonna say, No let me think again
这个短语也是让你直接要些时间
you are directly asking for some time,
接着你可以理清思路
so that you think over this and then you answer
说出优秀的回答
it correctly. So even this phrase is quite similar to the one here,
看 这句短语和 “Hang on a moment” 多像啊
which is Hang on a moment. Hang
都同样可以直接的
on a moment and Now let me think are the two phrases that you can use
为你争取时间
to buy time directly from the listener.
但是切记 就只能停顿两三秒
Butremember it’s just couple of seconds and you
你可不能让对方等到花都谢了
can’t ask the listener to wait forever.
最后一句短语是
And then the last one that I have for you is;
“Now, that’s an interesting question”
Now that’s an interesting question.
什么时候用这句呢?
do we use that?
比如有人问你
Now if someone ends up asking
很私人或者很尴尬的问题
you a very personal or a very embarrassing
你压根就不想回答
question and you really don’t wan na answer
恨不得马上转移话题
that and you wan na change the topic.
你可以用 “Now, that’s an interesting question”
you can use this phrase.
说完你就换话题了
Now that’s an interesting question and then you change the topic,
何时该用这个短语呢
when do you use this phrase?
当然还是你想拖延你的回答
Of course to delay your answer
需要为自己争取时间
and to just buy time to
转换话题的时候
just change the topic.
比如 政客们总是被媒体记者问一些
Like the politicians,the media people tend to ask questions, which
又刁钻又私人的问题
are kind of embarrassing and kind of a little personal,
这些问题政客根本意想不到
which politicians are not very well
这时 政客开始打太极说
prepared to answer, so they say, Haa…
Now that’s an interesting question
Now that’s an interesting question, so here basically
这时政客不是在拖延回答的时间
they are buying time not just to delay their answer,
而是在转移话题
but to just change the topic.
所以你听到让你不爽的问题就用这个短语吧
So if you face an unpleasant question thenuse this phrase.
不知不觉又到了说再见的时候了
So this brings me to the end of this lesson.
想要拖延回答 记住这7个短语
These are the seven phrases that you can use to delay your answers.
以后要是张三李四问你某事或者怎么看待某事
the next time someone asks you something or asks
你就不用沉默不语
for your opinion you would not just go mum,
这七个短语会让你轻松很多
but you will use these phrases.
下节课再见咯
And I’llbe back with a new lesson soon.
保重
Till then you take care.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

对于突如其来的问题 脑袋卡壳吗?本节课教你巧用7个短语让谈话顺利进行 机智如你快来参加吧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

CLARK

审核员

审核员_BZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URHAUVB-z7k

相关推荐