未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

LEND还是BORROW?让人困惑的动词

Confusing English Verbs | LEND & BORROW

大家好 我是来自mmm英语的Emma
Hello! I’m Emma from mmmEnglish!
欢迎来到另一节令人困惑的英语动词课程
Welcome back to another lesson about confusing English verbs
因为一些英语动词是非常相似的
because some English verbs are quite similar
有时 选一个恰当的词很难
and sometimes it’s hard to know which one is the right one to use.
上周 我讲过了动词的过去分词 been 和 gone
Last week, I talked about the verbs, been and gone.
这节课 我会带大家了解一下动词 “to lend”和“to borrow”
In this lesson, I’ll be talking about the verbs ‘to lend’ and’to borrow’.
因为这两个词的意思让很多人感到困惑
And they’re confusing because the meanings
看起来非常相似 实则不同
happen to be very similar but different.
但是 不用担心 这节课
But don’t worry, in this lesson,
我会分享一些技巧来帮助你正确的使用这些动词
I’ll be sharing some tips to help you use these verbs correctly
并记住选择哪一个是恰当的
and remember which one is the correct one to use.
就好像been 和gone 的不同
Just like the difference between been and gone,
to lend 和to borrow 的主要差别
the main difference between’to lend’ and’to borrow’
是这两个行为的方向不同
is the direction of the action.
那么 这些动词到底是什么意思呢?
Okay,so what do these verbs actually mean?
To lend 指把某物借给某人一段时间并希望对方能还回来
‘To lend’ means to give something to someone for a short period of time and you expect to get it back again.
“等我领工资后我可以借给你一些钱”
I’ll lend you some money when I get paid.
“他周末时把车子借给了朋友”
He lent his car to a friend for the weekend.
一定要理解这些动词并作注解
It’s important to note that with this verb,
英式英语和美式英语有一个不同点
there is a difference between British and American English.
lend 用于英式英语
Lend is used in British English
然而 loan 用于美式英语
and instead, loan is used in American English.
lend 是个不规则动词
Now lend is an irregular verb
因此过去式变为lent
so the past tense form becomes lent.
loan是个规则动词 因此使用过去式时只需变为loaned
Loan is a regular verb so it becomes loaned in the past tense.
“你可以借我一些钱吗?”(英式)
Can you lend me some money?
“你可以借我一些钱吗?”(美式)
Can you loan me some money?
这两个句子意思相同
Both of these sentences are the same.
lend 表示把某物借给某人一段时间
Okay,so lend means to give something to someone for a short period of time
并希望对方能还回来
and you can expect it back again.
那么我们使用borrow时 只需要反向思考
Now,when we use borrow, we simply need to switch
行为的指向者 即得到这个东西的人
the action to the person who is receiving the item.
To borrrow 指从某人那里得到某物
‘To borrow’ means to get something from someone
并有归还的意向 而非自己保留
with the intention of giving it back. You don’t plan to keep it
给你东西的人希望你以后能还给他
and the person who gave it to you expects to receive it back again.
borrow是规则的过去时态动词
Now,borrow is a regular past tense verb
因此在过去式中 我们只要在末尾加-ed变成borrowed
so we just need to add -ed to make it borrowed in the past tense.
那么我们来看一下
Rihit,so let me show you.
lend 和give 相似
Lend is similar to give.
borrow和take或receive 相似
And borrow is similar to take or receive.
但是这两个动词都是指
But both of these verbs mean
行为只发生在短时间内
that the action only happens for a short period of time.
我们来深入了解一下
Let’s take a closer look.
“你可以在周末把车借给我吗?”
Can you lend me your car for the weekend?
“这周末我能借用你的车吗?”
Can I borrow your car for the weekend?
这两个句子描述的是相同的意思
These two sentences are describing exactly the same situation
但是方向不同
but from a different perspective.
主语 即动作的执行者
The subject, so the person who is doing the action,
是这两个句子的不同点
is different in each sentence
所以动词的使用也是有区别的
so the verb must be different too.
你不能说“这周末我能lend你的车吗?”
You can’t say”Can I lend me your car for the weekend?”
因为这辆车不是我的
Because the car is not mine
所以我不能“借出”别人的车给自己
so I can’t lend the car to me
或给其他人
or to anyone else for that matter.
你只能“借出”你自己的东西
You can only lend something if it belongs to you.
你也不能说 “你能borrow我你的车吗?”
You also can’t say,”Can you borrow me your car?”
这是一个常见的错误
And this is a really common mistake.
这辆车的主人不能“借”入它
The person who owns the car cannot borrow it.
使用这些动词时
Getting the information about who’s giving and who’s
搞清谁是借入者谁是借出者非常重要的
taking something is really important when you’re using these verbs.
确保你能够搞清楚这一点
So let’s make sure you’re getting that part right.
现在我们搞清楚了句式“主语+lend”
So we have the subject and lend.
要记得 “lend”的主语是所属人
Now remember, the subject is the person
借出东西的那个人
who is doing the action,
就是动作的发出者
so the person who is lending
或者说是物的所有者
or who owns the object.
我们搞清楚了“lend”+间接宾语
We have subject with lend with our object pronoun
+直接宾语
and our object.
所以间接宾语使我们知道
So the object pronoun tells us
谁是接受动作的人
who is receiving the action.
“你可以借我一些钱吗?”
Can you lend me some money?
这时“借出”后可以直接带宾语
Now,lend can also be directly followed by the object
但如果你想说明谁是动作的接受者
but if you want to say who’s receiving the action,
你需要使用介词“to”
you need to use the preposition, to.
主语+lend+宾语
So subject, lend, object,
+to 某人
to someone.
“你能借给我一些钱吗?”
Can you lend some money to me?
当你用“borrow”这个动词时
Now,when using borrow
你不能将间接宾语放在动词后
you can’t use an object pronoun after the verb.
你不能说“你能borrow我你的车吗?”
You can’t say”Can you borrow me your car?”
但是你可以用“主语+borrow+宾语”
But you can use subject with borrow and the object.
“我可以借支钢笔吗”
Can I borrow a pen?
之后你可以添加介词“from”
And then you can add the preposition, from,
和人
and the person.
“我可以借用你的钢笔吗”
Can I borrow a pen from you?
“你可以借支钢笔给保罗吗?”
Can you lend a pen to Paul?
现在你准备好和我一起练习了吗?
Okay are you ready to practise with me?
练习使用“lend”和“borrow”
Practise using lend and borrow.
“当我__你我的吹风机时 你说你会还的”
When I…. you my hairdryer, you said you’d give it back!
当我lent你我的吹风机时
When I lent you my hair dryer,
你说你会还回来的
you said, you’d give it back! Now,
这里出现一个间接宾语
there’s an object pronoun here,
所以它不可能是“borrow” 对吧?
so it can’t be borrow, can it?
同时在第二个句子中要注意时态
And also take note of the tense used in the second clause.
是过去发生的 所以你的动词要体现出过去式
The past simple. So your verb needs to reflect this.
“他们说过我可以__他们的剪草机”
They said we could… their lawnmower.
应该使用哪个单词呢?
Which one is it?
“他们说我可以borrow他们的剪草机”
They said we could borrow their lawnmower.
他们的剪草机不是我们的 所以必须使用“borrow”
Their lawnmower is not ours so it must be borrow.
“他会__他一些钱如果他真的需要”
He’ll_him the money if he really needs it.
“他会lend他一些钱如果他真的需要”
He’ll lend him the money if he really needs it.
因为这里出现了间接宾语所以这里不可使用“borrow”
So there’s an object pronoun here so it can’t be borrow.
“她问我她是否能__五百美元”
She asked me if she could… $500.
“她问我她是否能borrow五百美元”
She asked me if she could borrow $500.
现在这个情节的设立依靠动词“asked”
Now the clue here is in the verb asked.
这个借出东西的人 本身并没有发出请求 对吧?
The person who is lending the item is not asking for it are they?
所以肯定是用“borrow”
So it must be borrow.
我希望这节课对你有所帮助
Okay well I hope that lesson was useful for you.
只需要记住“lend”是借出
Just remember that lend is to give and
“borrow”是接受
and borrow is to take.
如果你认为这节课很好 想要订阅
If you enjoyed this lesson, please subscribe
“mmmEnglish”频道只需要点击这里
to the mmmEnglish Channel just down there.
我每个星期都会发布新的英语课程
I make new English lessons every week
如果你订阅了这个频道
and if you subscribe,
你就可以在第一时间找到最新的课程
you’ll find out as soon as there’s a new one.
现在 你可以用在这儿学的其他课程不断练习
So right now, you can keep practising with some of my other lessons right here.
谢谢观看 下周再见
Thanks for watching and I’ll see you again next week.
今天到这里就结束了
Bye for now!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

怎样正确使用lend和borrow

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

ID843073

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxc1YG4YYTM

相关推荐