未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

究竟是该追逐幸福还是追逐金钱?

Chasing HAPPINESS versus Chasing MONEY - Let’s Talk About It

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with chasing money.
我觉得追求金钱没有任何错
I just think that it’s usually the quickest way not to get it.
我只是认为凡事欲速则不达
Did you consider not
你有没有考虑过
going as rogue as quitting and going all in?
真正的跳出陈规 全力以赴?
Did you consider the practicality of 6:00 p.m. to 3:00 in the morning?
有想过怎样用上晚上6点到凌晨3点这段时间吗?
[Man] No
没有
I’m actually just curious.
其实 我只是好奇
There’s no judgment, or like, I’m only collecting data
我没有评价什么 或者说 我是在收集数据
because I’m fascinated by the practicality of it
因为我很在意这样做的可行性
and the fear that I have when people make,
并且我会担心大家做不到
I want everybody to do what you did if they can do it.
如果可以 我希望每个人都能像你一样
And my fear is a lot can’t,
可我担心很多人做不到
and that there’s a more practical way than going from 0 to 100.
要从0走到100 会有更实际的方法
Though some people have to go 0 to 100
但有些人必须得从0到100
because if they’re half-pregnant,they’ll never do it.
因为一旦开始犹豫 他们将一无所获
It’s this completely interesting matrix, right?
非常有趣的困境 不是吗?
– Gary. – Please.
– 加里 – 请问
– [Man] They can’t or they won’t?
他们是做不到还是不想做?
There are a lot of things going on.
这个事情很复杂
I think, first of all, the reason I push so much on judgment
首先 我之所以如此强调我并非批判
is the biggest fear I have is that he won’t,
是因为 我最担心的就是他不想做
because, you know, one of the things, when I look at them, it’s interesting.
因为 当我看着他们的时候 有件有趣的事
I’m like, oh, it’s good.
我就像 噢 这很棒
Because I wonder how much she’s driving, hyping him
我在想她花了多大力气来鼓舞他
to get the team there.
才让团队发展到今天
Like you alway need, you need optimism and hype to jump.
像是你的进步总需要别人的鼓舞
Like little guys, kissing a girl or a boy,
像小时候 想亲吻某个女生或男生
jumping and riding a bike, going in a pool,
跳上自行车骑行 跳入泳池游泳
I become fascinated with these three events as children
我儿时对这三件事很着迷
Because if you really look at it, it’s hype.
其实这种都是虚火
Like I remember hyping buddies in sixth grade
我记得在六年级时就鼓动过我哥们儿
Like “Dude, you can kiss her.”
“兄弟 你可以去亲她”
Like hyping!
胡吹!
[group laughing] Like hyping.
猛夸!
or like when looking at friends or the hype I needed.
就像我朋友或者我需要被吹上天的时候
To like I was scared shitless to swim or ride a bike.
若我极度恐惧游泳或骑自行车
Or like hype.
我需要被鼓吹
Like taking a jump.
需要有人跳出来
You know, at the same token, like, you know, like sometimes
你知道 同样的 有时
the dude went in for the kiss and she rejected him
有哥们想亲女孩 被拒绝了
and he was crippled for a decade.
他还伤心了很久
You know, a lot of people will fail in business,
要知道 创业的多数人都会经历失败
and so I’m unbelievably,
所以我很惊讶
you, 30 years ago, had no choice; you had to jump.
你 三十年前 没有选择 只能放手一搏
You do have a choice now,
而现在 你有选择了
it’s depending on the business you choose.
这取决于你想选择哪个行业
If you open a health and wellness, a gym,
如果你想开一家康复馆 健身房
if you open a gym, you physically gotta be there, you can’t.
如果你打算开一家健身房 那就得一直呆在那里 但你做不到
But if you’re doing, you know, if you are doing content or information
但如果你从事内容或者资讯工作
or you could use content to set up a grand opening
或者用其作为一种启动方式
that will win in three years, I’m just
你三年内就能成功
it’s asked literally just for data of how you got there.
只需要解决数据的问题
The other thing I’m a very big believer
另外 我深信一件事
in is getting people to not feel like it’s a scarlet letter if they lose.
人们不该觉得 失败是罪不可赦的
Something nobody talks about at all is your scenario.
没人应该说三道四 这是你自己的事
You jump, it fails,
你放手一搏 可是失败了
you reset and go back
可以卷土重来
and get a job in the craft you have because of you resume
找到适合自己履历的一份工作
and you restart in four years from now.
从现在起 你就可以开始一个新的四年
we have,we so…
我们有 我们……
America is pretty good at looking at losses in a positive way
美国人对失败的态度很积极
compared to other parts of the world
不像世界上其他的地方
where it’s like a true scarlet letter, death forever.
失败就是罪恶 永不得翻身
But still, even here, you know
但就算是在美国
People don’t know when to go back from their jump
人们也不知该何时停止
because they don’t want to the loss on the resume.
因为人们不想简历上多一笔失败的经历
They made the big to do that you’re gonna do it.
他们会给自己定个长长的待办事项
Now it doesn’t work,
可没什么用
and what they do is they triple down into debt
而他们为了在人前看起来有面子
to look good in front of people.
把债务翻了三倍
– [Woman] But what if it did and you never jump to find out?
那如果我们再也不敢尝试了呢?
– Oh, you’re preaching that I want.
噢 你说的正是我想说的
You’ve already done that.
你已经说出来了
I’m actually talking about the next part,
实际上我接下来要说的
which is having the options to know that the game is super long and that for big still
就是我们可以选择去直视这场游戏的漫长和艰难
when you go from ice cold, when you go from never having a business to having a business,
让你经历寒冬 让事业从无到有
that’s like literally asking me, I’m asking you to, right now, qualify for Wimbledon in tennis.
就像我要求你现在就获得温网参赛资格一样
It’s a lot harder than people think.
远比人们想象的难多了
You’re grown. You two are grown.
你是成人 你们俩都是
I’m not trying to suppress, by the way.
顺便说一下 我并不是想施加压力
I’m talking about the practicality like options.
我只是想谈些实际的东西 例如选择
I love that we live in a world,
我很高兴我们活在同一个世界
I’m trying to get people to like really understand how to win this.
我尝试让人们能真的明白如何去获得金钱
So much of my success is completely predicated on
我完全可以断言促使我成功的很大原因是
not worrying about all my losses.
我不害怕失败
Which means, at times,
换句话说 有时
you know, my great losses are the things I passed on.
我最大的损失是那些我错过的事
Maybe I should have done Shark Tank.
也许当初我该去做《鲨鱼坦克》
Maybe.
也许
Maybe.
也许该做
Maybe not.
也许不该做
I don’t think I should have done it.
我不觉得我当初该做这个
Not this late in.
现在却为时已晚
I think I’ll do my own thing.
我想成立自己的事业
You know like…but I couldn’t, fuck,
可我没做
I mean there is a lot, I didn’t invest in Uber
我的意思是好多事都没做 比如投资优步
r when I could have made $400 million dollars.
让四亿美元飞走了
I mean, that’s a loss.
这是不小的损失
But like all the things that I’ve done are things
但我当初所做的一切
that I can’t see what the outcomes.
都是看不到结果的
Let me tell you how the Uber thing might have not been a loss.
跟你们说 没投资优步也不一定是损失
On black and white paper,
拿数据来说
if I gave the Travis the money like I always was doing at that time,
如果我照那时候的做法 一直投资特拉维斯
I would have made $ 300, $ 400 million dollars on paper.
理论上 我会赚三到四亿美元
What if I’d invested in Uber
如果我投资了优步
and that led me to giving a speech in India based on it, right?
结果我需要去印度做个关于投资的演讲
And I got hit by a bus and died.
结果在那不幸被公车撞死呢?
Like, I don’t. People are just so, like, they don’t understand how, like,
就像 有些人就是不理解
I’m so happy right now,
我现在很开心啊
how could I possibly, you know?
怎么会那么巧就……你懂的
Like, like you don’t know what life’s gonna bring you, right?
就像你永远不知道生活会带给你什么 是吧?
Life’s complicated and way more matrixed out.
生活很复杂 变幻莫测
And this’s why, you know, I’m in start pushing this. I said it for the first time really heavily up there.
这就是我一开始就倡导的
Like, the ROI, winning in life is happiness, not money.
投资回报率取决于 人生中获得了多少快乐而非赚了多少钱
People just thought for it, you know,
人们总想着钱
like what I’m most happy about is if you just love the process.
如果你们只是单纯地享受过程 我会很开心
Like, like loving the process.
享受过程吧
Like loving the debates in the kitchen.
比如爱上在厨房里的小吵小闹
If you get to, like that’s what, that’s what, that’s what
如果能做到 那么……
– [Woman] We’re not about separating that though.
我们没说过程不重要
– That’s great.
那很好
I believe you.
我相信你们
I believe you. Your vibes seem good.
你们看起来很融洽
You know, like I think that’s huge.
这太重要了
To me it’s time and talent.
对我而言 重要是时间和才能
The reason I love hard work is it’s controllable.
我喜欢努力工作 因为这是个可控因素
It’s hard for me to be like, be more talented.
而拥有天赋 对我来说更困难
You know that seems like when people are like, you push hard,
就好像 人们会推崇
a lot politically correct, you know over-extreme European points of view
很多欧洲所谓政治正确的极端观点时
get mad at me from
会让我觉得很生气
“Gary Vee, it’s unhealthy, you can’t”
像“加里 这不健康 别这么做”
“Gary Vee, you can’t go to the grave with all your money.”
“加里 人死了又不能带着钱进棺材”
I’m like, dude, I’m not talking about money.
我想说 哥们 我没在和你谈钱
And then I don’t feel like it’s work when I love it.
我热爱它的时候 不觉得它是工作
Like maybe you don’t like your job as much.
可能你不是那么喜欢你的工作吧
– [Woman] Is it wrong to be driven by money?
难道为钱工作有错吗?
– I don’t think I can judge anything.
我不认为我有权评价任何事
I think the question becomes what the next thing is.
这个问题正好引出下一个话题
[woman mumbling]
[女人在低语]
To me it’s like, what?
对我来说金钱就像……什么?
– It’s a vehicle. – Correct.
-像交通工具一样 -是的
– It’s not the end goal. – Correct.
-钱不是最终目标 -没错
But I also think that people confuse it, the vehicle then.
不过我想人们把手段和目的搞混了
So I think people don’t often get
导致他们常常不能根据自己的目的地
the right vehicle for their destination.
选择正确的交通工具
You’re right, it’s a vehicle.
你是对的 就拿交通工具举例
Now my question is what’s your destination?
现在我的问题是 你的目的地是什么?
And if you told me it was down the street,
如果你的目的地顺着这条街走就到了
I’d tell you to fucking walk, not drive a Lamborghini.
那你走路就得了 没必要开兰博基尼
So I don’t think it’s an evil or it’s wrong.
所以我认为追求金钱不是罪恶也没有错
I think people are confused to why they try to amass it
我只是觉得 人们不知道自己为何尝试累积财富
and for what?
为了什么赚钱?
Like how much do you wanna make?
比如你想挣多少钱?
It’s arbitrary.
取决于你
What’s it based on?
这要以什么为依据呢?
Like we have to unwind what’s been pushed in our heads.
我们必须摒弃那些塞入我们脑中的思想
you know, 20, 50, 70 to or 90, seems what
20 50 70 90 看起来像什么啊?
To me, my big one is can I do what I wanna do every day?
对我来说 重要的是 每天能做自己想做的事
I was doing that running the liquor store, and I was making 57.
我经营家族酒业 赚了五千七百万
I was happy as fuck.
我超级高兴
I’m no more happy today than I was at 22.
22岁的我比现在开心多了
I was pumped.
当时我忙得不可开交
I was on a mission to build a family business so big
要接手家族企业 将其扩大
so that everybody on Earth would always say I did the right thing by my parents in the way they did to me.
每个人都说父母培养我做了正确的事
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with chasing money.
我觉得追求金钱没有错
I just think that it’s usually the quickest way not to get it.
我只是觉得 欲速则不达
I really believe that.
我真的相信
I really do.
真的
I think when I watch people that are driven by money,
我会这么想 是因为我看到那些被金钱驱使的人
I see a lot of unhappiness and failure.
看到了很多的痛苦和失败
It’s very common.
这很常见
I think the question is why?
我在想 为什么?
What do you need?
你们到底想要什么?
And do you have a sense of that?
你们对此有感觉吗?
Because by the way, it evolves.
因为 顺便说一下 想法会变
What he needed at 24 is different than what he needs now.
人24岁时的需求和此时的需求 不一样
And him, and me, you know, so it evolves too.
他要的 我要的 也不一样
If we did the happy meter here,
如果有把幸福衡量尺
it’s the people that are, I promise you it’s the people that are doing what they want to be doing.
我敢说 人们做自己想做的事时 最幸福
Like to me, I couldn’t explain to you enough,
对我来说是这样 我不知道如何向你们解释
and I have utmost empathy for the cynicism around this statement.
我知道这样看上去像在冷嘲热讽
It’s unbelievable how much I don’t like money.
我这么不喜欢钱 真的难以置信
I like the game.
我喜欢游戏
I love my game.
我热爱自己的游戏
I love the game of building shit.
我喜欢打造一项事业的游戏
It’s why, building you know a legacy is the best,
最好是能创造出能传承的事业
cause it’s like triple compounding valuable, right?
因为 这就像是三倍复利的价值
I love the admiration.
我喜欢受到崇拜
I talk a lot about loving Rocky 6
我常说我喜欢《洛奇6》
because he goes back to not having anything.
因为他回到了自己一无所有的时候
I talk about it a lot.
我说过很多次
It’s the same reason I was selling baseball cards on Saturday.
就像我之前每周六都要卖棒球卡
I was selling baseball cards on Twitter on Saturday
每周六在推特上卖
for $50 for a stack of cards.
一叠卡50美元
I love the game of growing.
我喜欢增长型的游戏
You know?
你知道吗?
Like to me, the best part is the beginning.
对我而言 刚开始的时候是最棒的
I love the thrill of the chase.
追逐会带来兴奋感
I wake up at 6:00 in the morning
我会早上六点起床
and go garage selling
去逛旧货市场
because there’s nothing like pulling up, literally to this day I can’t replicate the high of going to a garage sale,
因为至今 没有什么比逛旧货市场更让我兴奋的了
walking into a yard of junk and finding something for a dollar
走在一堆破铜烂铁中 发现个1美元的东西
that I know I can sell on eBay for $17
但我知道在eBay上能卖出17美元的价
is a bigger happiness high than closing a $6 million account for Vayner.
这比我在Vayner成交六百万美元的交易还幸福
And it’s not even close.
还幸福得不止一点点
That’s what I want for everybody,
这是我想告诉每个人的
because that’s how they get the 20.
因为这才是他们赚到两千万的方法
I believe that.
我相信
I really do.
真的
So I think the fear I have with chasing money is a short-term behavior,
我觉得 我对追求金钱的恐惧是个短期的行为
and it leads to a lot of like negativity.
它会导致消极之类的
Even for the people that achieve it.
对已拥有财富的人也是一样
It’s why optimism or offense works.
这也解释了乐观或者激进是有用的
You know, it does.
的确有用
But I do think you need to be thoughtful
但我真觉得大家该好好考虑
about the chasing the money thing.
一味追求金钱这件事
It will lead to a loss in the macro.
宏观上会使我们失去很多
I believe that.
我深信不疑
I could be wrong, but that is my official point of view.
也许不对 但这是我坚信的
And I’ve watched it way too much.
因为追名逐利的结果 我看的太多了
[Relaxing piano music]
[舒缓的钢琴曲]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

导师Gary Vee结合自己经历,帮助我们在金钱与快乐之间更好地选择。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

审核员1024

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND8e-XNXfKQ

相关推荐