未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

内向者和外向者

Casually Explained: Introverts and Extraverts

大家对真正的内向和外向
Now I think there is a fair bit of misunderstanding
其实有一些误解
around what an introvert or extravert actually is.
通常认为内向是害羞和笨拙
More introverts are most often portrayed as being shy and awkward
而外向是迷人而好交际
and extroverts as being charismatic and sociable.
事实上并非完全如此
It isn’t always the case.
举个例子
To give an example,
许多人认为优秀的喜剧人都是超级外向者
most people think that standard comedians are all super extroverts,
因为他们走上舞台面对观众
because they go on stage in front of a whole crowd.
事实上 他们花更多时间写作
But in practice, most of their time is spent writing
而不是表演
not performing.
像路易·C.K.这样的名人
Even some as famous as Louis C.K.
也认为自己内向
has called himself an introvert
尽管他面对的观众是
despite the fact that he is performing in front of what,
一群女性?
a dozen women?
那么内向者和外向者到底是什么样的呢?
So what does being introverted or extroverted actually mean?
首先
And the first thing is
你并不是非此即彼
that you’re not entirely one or the other.
你在一个正态分布或贝尔曲线的区间内
You are somewhere on a normal distribution or bell curve
曲线由完全内向的一边
that runs from total introversion on one side
到完全外向的另一边
to total extraoversion on the other side.
这意味着几乎每个人都处于中间
which means almost everyone is actually around the middle.
你可能听到这类人
You might have heard some people on this category
将自己叫作“中间性格者”
call themselves “ambiverted”
其实他们只是正常人
but they are actually just average.
现在 对这两种极端的最简单定义是
Now the simplest definition of the two extremes is
外向者热衷社交活动
that extroverts are energized by social interaction
但内向者却疲于应付社交 更喜欢独处
while introverts are exhausted by it and prefer more time alone.
大家现在不用与别人比较
Prone here that it’s easy to self-diagosis
也很容易自我诊断
without comparing yourself to anyone,
但是只有在一些假定情景下
but it only really makes sense
并根据反应排序
if you give a group of people a few dozen hypothetical situations
这种说法才有意义
and then rank order their responses relative to everyone else.
因此如果你给优步司机五星好评
So you are not way off at the end of the introvert spectrum
仅仅因为他没有对你说话
just because you only rate your Uber driver five stars
那你离内向者范畴便不远了
if he doesn’t talk to you.
也许你属于另一种不同的范围
You’re probably just on a different sort of spectrum.
对你生活中的每一个细节考察
So that quizzing you on every detail of your life
可以是表明内向或外向的一个标志
one of the signs you are more introverted or extroverted.
因此 外向者通常有很多熟人
So extroverts tend to have a lot of acquaintances
而内向者没有
while introverts don’t.
这是自然 因为外向者容易遇到更多的人
This is of course because extroverts tend to meet more people
而且他们通常喜欢说:
but also because some are more likely to say:
“啊 天啊 星期天什么也没做
“oh boy, I am not doing anything on Sunday,
我也一个月没看到Cindy了
and I haven’t seen Cindy for a month.
我应该约她喝咖啡
I should ask her for coffee
顺便问问她的新工作的事情
and I can see how her new job is going.”
而内向者倾向于说:
whereas the introverted is more likely to say:
“啊 天啊 星期天什么也没有做”
“oh boy, I am not doing anything on Sunday.”
外向者体验更多的积极情绪
Extraverts experience more positive emotion,
至少体验更强烈的积极情绪
or at least experience positive emotion more intensely.
这意味着他们更热情 更易激动
This means they’re more enthusiastic and excitable.
这很有趣 假如你正在听音乐会
This is interesting because if you take something like a concert
吸了毒又喝了酒
and control for drugs and alcohol,
靠近舞台的往往是外向者
the people near the front will tend to be more extroverted
而内向者会离舞台更远一点
while people who are more introverted will be more further away from the stage.
就像待在家里一样
Like at home.
因此在行为上 外向者可能先行动再思考
So behaviourally extroverts might seem to act first and think later,
我认为更好的阐述是
but I think a better description would be
外向者更喜欢去体验 而不是反思
that extroverts tend to experience more and reflect less,
而内向者更倾向于反思 而不是体验
while introverts experience less and reflect more.
总的来说 内向者最大的恐惧就是
In a way, you could see the biggest fear of an introvert
失去听觉
is losing their hearing
因为这样他们就不能倾听了
because then they couldn’t listen,
而外向者恐惧的是失去舌头
whereas the biggest fear of an extrovert would be losing their tongue
因为这样的话他们就不能不停的说了
because then they couldn’t eat us.
现在你可能在想自己内向或者外向的程度
Now you might wonder if your degree of introversion or extroversion changes
是否会随着年龄增长而改变 或者永远如此
as you get older or just stuck how you are forever.
而且对于你经历了多少积极情绪这样的事
And for things like how much positive emotion you experience,
看起来改变并不大
it doesn’t look like that changes much.
然而 某些人反驳说
However, some people make the argument
你一生中所发生的事情
that the things that happen to during your life
能够改变自己的情绪过程
can change the way you process emotions.
我不敢肯定 但实际上
I don’t know for sure, but anecdotally
自从经历了最严重的意外:欺骗 之后
I’ve never experienced so much positive emotions
我再也没有这么多积极情绪了
since the big accident: being conceived.
从根本上说 内向或者外向都没什么大碍
Ultimately it’s no better or worse to be introverted or extroverted
只要你的行为是自己喜欢的
as long as your behaviour really is a preference
并且你花时间所做的事情对你来说有意义
and what you are doing with your time is meaningful to you.
根据这种说法 外向者可能因为社交而阻碍个人发展
With that said, some extroverts might socialize to avoid personal development,
而内向者可能有很多的朋友
and some introverts might like to have more friends than they do
只是他们有社交焦虑 缺乏社交技巧
but are anxious or lack social skills.
因此无论如何定位 你都得花时间与人们打交道
So whatever your disposition, you have to spend time with people
也得花时间独处
and you have to spend time alone.
这样才能确保不被人排斥
So make sure you are not being avoiding,
或导致一些大盲点
or can lead to some pretty big blind spot.
我记得当Tinder刚上市时
For me, I remember back when Tinder first came out,
我的朋友们建议我至少约会一次
my friends decided I had to go on at least one date just for the sake of it.
因为我并不经常跟陌生人见面
So I didn’t usually……meet many new people.
事实是我当时并没有那么多恋爱经验
And the thing is I didn’t have much sexual experience at that time.
我现在也没有
I mean I still don’t, but I didn’t then either.
当我终于遇到一个意中人
So when I got a match eventually,
我邀她看电影
I asked them out to movie
因为我喜欢看电影
because I like watching movies
我也认为约会就是看电影
and i thought that’s what a date was
我并没有意识到
Now what I didn’t realize was that
看电影时
when you are watching a movie
并不能一直
you don’t really see or interact for the other person
看着她或互动
at all the whole time
所以我们仅仅是一起坐在黑暗中
So we were just sitting there with each other in completely darkness
吃着自己袋子里的爆米花
not saying a word
一言不发
as we ate from our own bag of popcorn.
两个半小时后电影结束了
and two and half hours later when the movie ended
灯光打开后
and the house lights came on,
我们看向对方说:
we looked at each other and said:
“电影不错哈”“是啊 很好”
-“Good movie, ha?”-“Yeah, pretty good”
约会就这样结束了
And that was the whole date.
所以……是的 五颗星
So, yam. Five stars.
[音乐声]
[music playing]
喜欢就分享吧
So be sure to shake out the content on the other platforms,
另外 如果你想听音频的话
and all of the casually explained audio should now be available on CastBox,
可以在CastBox上听到所有的音频
emm, if you like to give it a listen in an audio format.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

大家对内向者和外向者的误解以及两者的根本差异

听录译者

Moana

翻译译者

波妞妞

审核员

审核员 W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7kn2ZRyff0

相关推荐