未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

汽车维修第二部分: 引擎盖下面

Car Maintenance Part 2: Under the Hood

之前在“如何成为老司机”节目中介绍了一些基本的汽车保养 你可以每个月做一次
Previously on How to Adult, we covered some basic car maintenance stuff you could do monthly
以使车子保持最佳状态
to keep your car running in tip-top shape.
这次 我们会涉及更多项目…… 检查引擎盖之下
This time, we’re gonna get a little more involved and… check under the hood.
首先 我劝你开工前 别穿自己很喜欢的衣服
First, I would recommend not wearing clothes you really like.
或任何白色的衣服
Or anything white, even before labor day.
因为汽车的发动机非常地脏 而且我们还要检查那里的一些液体
It turns out a car’s engine is pretty dirty, and we’re going to get in there to check some fluids.
是的 液体
Yes, fluids.
即使你的车子用汽油就能跑得飞快 也仍需要不同的液体
Even though your car goes through gas the fastest, it needs all sorts of other fluids
来维持动力
to keep running, too.
你应该每六个月保养检查或根据需要更换它们 但是
You should have your mechanic check and change them if needed every six months, but it’s
亲自检修它们也是非常重要的
also important to check them yourself in the meantime.
但首先 安全起见 我们必须做些前期准备工作
But first, we have to do some prep work for safety.
第一步:将车停在水平地面并熄火
Step one: Park the car on level ground and turn it off.
发动机如果转动的话 会切断你的手指
The engine has things that can cut your fingers off if they’re moving.
请尽量不要切断你的手指
Please don’t cut off your fingers off.
还用得着它们
You need them.
并且 如果发动机刚运转过 需要让它冷却下来
Also, you want to let the engine cool down for a while if it’s been running.
那里会变得很烫 你应该也不想被灼伤吧
Things can get hot in there, and you don’t want to burn yourself.
第二步:检查机油
Step two: check your oil.
检查机油很简单 相对其他液体 你可以多检查几次
Checking your oil is fairly easy, and you can do it a little more often than the other
——很多保养师建议每加两次油就检查一次
fluids here—most mechanics recommend you do it every other time you fill up your gas tank.
取一张纸巾或碎布 然后将量油尺取出来
Grab a paper towel or rag, then pull the dipstick out.
假如不能确定我们说的东西在哪里 查看你的使用指南
If you’re not sure where that or anything else we’re talking about is, check your manual.
每辆车的位置都是不同的 但车子的维修手册上一定会列出其所在的位置
The location is different in every car, but it should be listed in your manual’s maintenance guide.
首先要看的 是机油的颜色和稠度
The first thing to look at is the color and consistency.
油盖里有点黏稠物很正常 但太多的话可能预示某些东西坏了
A little bit of gunk on the inside of the cap is normal, but too much is a sign of something bad.
量油尺上的油应该是深褐色或黑色 假如是新机油的话则是琥珀色的
The oil on the dipstick should be dark brown or black, or amber colored if it’s new.
如果真是灰白色和乳白色 你可能加了水或冷却剂在里面
If it’s really gray or milky, you may have water or coolant in it.
那就糟了 你必须马上检查
That’s bad and you should get it checked out immediately.
你还应该找到所有碎片
You should also look for any debris.
假如有金属颗粒 可能表明是发动机里面的问题
If there are flecks of metal, that could indicate a problem inside the engine.
一旦找到了那些东西 你就可以检查油位
Once you’ve looked for that stuff, you can check the oil level.
把量油尺上的机油从上到下全部擦干净
Wipe the dipstick off top to bottom to get all the oil off.
开车时 机油会在里面晃动 因此 为了检查真实的油位
It sloshes around in there while you’re driving, so in order to check the actual level
我们需要重置量油尺
we need to reset the dipstick.
将油量尺完全放入管中 然后再次拔出来看一下
Put the dipstick all the way back into its tube, then pull it out again and take a look.
上面会有油位指示器 金属上会印有十字印
There should be some sort of level indicator: cross-hatching imprinted into the metal, or
标着“低”或“高”的线
lines labeled LOW and HIGH.
就像这样
Something like that.
机油应当处于这个范围内
The oil should be somewhere in that zone.
假如油位太低 你可以买些机油加进去
If the oil is too low, you can buy and add more.
它经常按夸脱来计量 你可以在很多加油站找到配有漏斗的机油
It usually comes in quarts, and you can find them in many gas stations along with a funnel.
再次强调 对照手册:它会告诉你 车子所需何种重量和粘度的机油
Once again, check the manual: it will tell you what weight and viscosity oil your car needs.
这很重要!
This is important!
假如你的车用的是10W—30号的机油而你放入的是5W—40号 这种机油并不会完全发挥它的作用
If your car takes 10W-30 oil and you put in 5W-40, the oil won’t do its job quite right,
还会减少你车的预期使用寿命
and it’ll reduce the lifespan of your car.
也可以了解一下发动机里的机油是合成的还是常规的
Also try to be aware of whether the oil in your engine is synthetic or conventional.
混着使用并不是世界末日 但是最好一直使用一种
Mixing them isn’t the end of the world, but it’s better if you can keep it consistent.
新车辆倾向于使用合成机油
Newer vehicles tend to use synthetic.
一旦选择了正确的机油 手册会告知加油的位置
Once you have the right kind of oil, your manual will tell you where to add it.
再次检查油位前 只用漏斗加半夸脱的油
Only add a half quart at a time using a funnel, and wait a few minutes for it to settle before
并等几分钟让它沉淀
you check the level again.
第三步:风挡液
Step three: wiper fluid.
风挡液很容易检查:大部分汽车有一个半透明的白色水壶
Windshield wiper fluid is really easy to check: most cars have a translucent white reservoir
非常明显
that’s pretty obvious.
在车里 一般都有相同的清洗按钮标志
It usually even has the same little wiper spray symbol as the switch inside the car
将它打开
that turns it on.
往里面看 那个地方还应该有个液面指示器
If you look inside, there should be a level indicator.
将清洗液加到那条线 就行了!
Just fill washer fluid up to that line, and you’re set!
像更换这里的任何液体 假如用漏斗 会更简单并减少油污
Like replacing any of the fluids here, it’s going to be easier and less messy if you use a funnel.
确保不会交叉污染东西
Just make sure that you don’t cross-contaminate things.
你也不想机油进了你的风挡液水壶吧
You don’t want oil in your wiper fluid reservoir.
第四步:冷却剂
Step four: coolant.
发动机冷却剂经常放在两个地方:要么在像
Engine coolant can usually be found in one of two places: either a translucent white
类似于风挡液水壶的白色半透明水桶中 要么在老款汽车的散热器旁边
reservoir similar to the wiper fluid reservoir, or, in older vehicles, right in the radiator itself.
我的意思是 它在散热器旁边的某个地方 但是有时候
I mean, it ends up in the radiator at some point either way, but sometimes there’s
那边也没其他的水桶了
no external reservoir.
尽管现在那种不常见了 你可能也不会把它与散热器混淆
That’s less common nowadays, though, and you probably shouldn’t mess with the radiator
如果能避免的话
itself if you can avoid it.
最重要的是 检查冷却液时 确保你的车
The most important part of checking your coolant is making sure your car isn’t still warm
别一直是热的
from running when you do it.
车子运行时 冷却剂变得很热并受压 一不小心
Coolant gets really hot and really pressurized when your car is on, so if you’re not careful
你会被喷得满脸蒸汽和冷却剂
you can get a face full of boiling steam and coolant.
大部分汽车有相应的安全系统 在系统受压时 防止盖子脱离
Most cars have a safety system in place to prevent the caps from coming off when the
但那并非万无一失——尤其在较旧的车辆上
system is pressurized, but it’s not guaranteed—especially on older vehicles.
别冒险做个蹩脚的蝙蝠侠反派做的事 因为你不能确定发动机有多热
Don’t risk a really lame Batman villain origin story just because you’re not sure how hot the engine is.
稍安勿躁
Just wait.
一旦汽车冷却下来 你可以砰地打开桶盖
Once your car is cold, you can pop open the cap on the reservoir.
检查冷却剂的颜色和稠度
Check the color and consistency of the coolant.
【里面有杂质是不正常的】
[mine has debris in it, which isn’t ideal]
不能有任何杂质 看起来不该是棕色或油质的——你的手册
It shouldn’t have any debris in it, and it shouldn’t look brown or oily—your manual
能准确告诉你它应该是什么颜色 但它可能是翠绿色
can tell you exactly what color it should be, but it’ll probably be bright green,
橙色 黄色 假如你的汽车用的是柴油 它也可能是清澈的
orange, yellow, or maybe even clear if your engine runs on diesel.
假如是棕色或油质的 你应该让技工检查一下
If it is brown or oily, you should have it checked by a mechanic.
指示器会告诉你 冷却剂加到哪里就够了
There should be an indicator somewhere to tell you where the cold fill level is for the coolant.
如果需要 可以再加些
If you need to, you can add more.
强调一下 你的手册会精准地告诉你需要的是哪种冷却剂
Once again, your manual should tell you exactly what kind of coolant you need—which, by
顺便说一下 除紧急情况 绝对不能加水
the way, is never water unless you’re in an emergency situation.
若莫名其妙地没了冷却剂 没有其他办法 用水只是权宜之计
Water can work as a temporary fix if you end up losing a bunch of coolant somehow, but
但用水会让发动机生锈或冻住 所以 水会使你的车子
it can rust or freeze your engine so it’s something that should only be used to get
进汽车修理厂
you to the repair shop.
那之后 应该用冷却剂换掉 否则会开始降低发动机的寿命
After that, it should be replaced with coolant, or you start reducing the lifespan of your engine.
购买冷却剂时需注意 同样的——有的需按比率与水混合
Pay attention when you buy your coolant, as well—some needs to be mixed with water at
当其他材料预混合的时候
a specific ratio, while other stuff comes pre-mixed.
典型的冷却剂是防冻剂和水按50/50混合而成的 因此你不要想
It’s typical for coolant to be a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water, so you don’t want
仅仅加些浓缩的或稀释预混合的就行了
to add just the concentrated version or dilute the pre-mixed version.
假如这样做 就会出问题
If you do, you could run into problems.
第五步:检查蓄电池
Step 5: check the battery terminals.
一些汽车将它们的电池遮起来了 但如果能看到 要确保
Some cars have their battery hidden away, but if you can see it, just make sure the
接线终端不会被腐蚀物或黏状物覆盖
top terminals aren’t covered in corrosion or gunk.
假如被覆盖了 你可以将电池拆下来并将它们清理干净
If they are, you can disconnect the battery and clean them up.
先要移开负极电线——有个减号标识并有个黑色连接线或盖子
Always remove the negative cable first—it’s marked with a minus sign and has a black cable or cap.
一旦连线松了 你要这样旋转并拧紧它
Once the cable is loose, you can swing it out of the way and secure it.
然后小心移开正极连接线——有加号标识的红线
Then you can carefully remove the cable from the positive terminal—the red one with a
——安全的将它移开
plus sign—and secure that out of the way.
确保没有任何东西可以同时碰到这两根终端线
Just make sure that nothing ever touches those two terminals at the same time—it can lead
会引起触电的
to a nasty shock.
用钢丝刷清理每个终端和连接线上任何腐蚀物或堆积物
Using a wire brush, wipe each of the terminals and both cables clean of any corrosion or buildup.
小苏打和水能帮不少忙
Baking soda and water help a lot.
确保别将油污弄到你或你的衣服上
Just make sure not to get the debris on you or your clothes.
它产生的酸遇水后会腐蚀你的袖子或皮肤
It makes acid when mixed with water and can eat holes in your sleeves or skin.
假如弄到身上 用水进行非常 非常彻底地冲洗
If you do get some on you, just rinse very, very thoroughly with water.
然后 当你认为已经冲洗够了时 再多冲一点
Then, when you think you’ve rinsed enough, rinse some more.
稀释是解决污渍的方法
Dilution is the solution to your pollution.
完成后 可将连接线放回终端 但要按相反的顺序
Once you’re finished, you can put the cables back on the terminal, but in reverse order—this
这次正极先放回去 然后再放回负极
time the positive cable goes on first, and then the negative cable will go on.
做完这些 就算完成了引擎盖之下的事情 漂亮
When you’re done with that, you’re done under the hood! Good job!
现在 还有几种专门地液体可供参考
Now, technically there are a couple other types of fluid you could look at, too, but
但它们成份更多 你不应该混淆它们
they’re more involved, so you shouldn’t mess with them unless you are very comfortable
除非你对车感到舒服并有非常好的健康保险
with your car and have really good health insurance.
比如 由起重机 一些螺栓和盘状器皿组成的整体
Like, there’s a whole thing with a hoist and some bolts and a pan, and you have to
你必须用引擎匹配它们……你不会想涉猎其中的
have the engine running for some of them … you don’t want to get into that.
当你带来更换机油时 让机修工检查一下它们
Just have a mechanic check them when you bring it in for an oil change.
第六步:上路
Step six: hit the road.
现在你的车已经维修和清理好了 一次开四分之一英里感受一下
Now that your car is maintained and clean, it’s time to live your life a quarter mile at a time.
无论想快点或刺激点 还是只跑60秒 你都能确信无疑
Whether you want to be fast and furious or just gone in 60 seconds, you can rest assured
你的车已经准备好成为跑车
that your car is ready for a good cannonball run.
或只是开着去上班和回家
Or just drive to work and back.
无论哪种 如果记得做检查 都会帮你的车增加寿命 健康生活
Either way, if you remember to do these checks, you’ll help your car live a long, healthy
作为回报 它会带你去你想去的地方
life and in return, it will get you where you need to go.
谢谢观看!
Thanks for watching!
假如你想支持How to Adult像这样制作视频 考虑访问我们的网址
If you want to support How to Adult creating videos like this, consider visiting our patreon
浏览网页patreon.com/howtoadult 成为一名主顾
page at patreon.com/howtoadult and become a patron.
假如金属上有斑点 那可能表明里面有问题 bleh bleh bleh…… 好的
If there are flecks of metal, that could indicate a problem inside the bleh bleh bleh… Okay.
看起来我眼角有点东西
This looks like a piccolo in the corner of my eye.
确保不会交叉污染
Just make sure that you don’t cross-contaminate things.
【主要角色】你不会想风挡液水壶中的液体……
[mumbly] You don’t want fluid in your wiper fluid reservoir…
这是我的“洗碗皂”——脚本里写的
This is my ‘dish soap’ of this—of this script.
任一个白色半透明的 我们—rew—pshhh
Either a white translucent we—rew—pshhh
Okay Okay 没问题的 Ohhh-kayyy.
Okay. Okay. Alright. Ohhh-kayyy.
【幕后人员】我认为没问题 对的
[off-screen] I think that’s good. Yeah.
必须没问题
[Rachel’s tough voice] It’s going to have to be!
【难过】 必须说reservoir?
[sad] Do I have to say reservoir?
像 由起重机 很多螺丝和盘状器皿组成……
Like, there’s a whole thing with a hoist and some boils and a pan…
【幕后人员】我认为它是“bolts”而不是“boils”
[off-screen] I think it’s ‘bolts’ not ‘boils’
哦 刺眼!
Oh. There’s a glare!
有个—
There’s a—
我想知道那是什么!
I was wondering what that was!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

随着汽车越来越多,汽车的保养很重要,本视频教大家一些基础事项的检查方法。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

????

审核员

审核团V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBIho34zRE

相关推荐