未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你能找出谁在说谎吗?

Can You Spot The Liar?

你会看到四个孩子对一个问题的回答
We’re gonna show you four different kids answering a question
然后判断他们是在说谎
and you have to decide whether they’re lying
还是讲了实话
or telling the truth.
孩子们被告知
Each kid is told that
有十个纸团 如果能把七个投进篮子
if they get seven out of ten balls in the basket,
他们就能得到五美元
they will be given five dollars.
但在他们开始前
But just before they start,
实验员会借故离开房间
the experimenter finds an excuse to leave the room and
让他们站在白线以外
asks them to stand behind the line
每次往篮子里投一个纸团
and throw the balls into the basket one at a time.
现在孩子们单独呆在房里
So these kids are now alone in the room.
撒谎的概率是很高的
So the incentive to cheat is pretty high.
但他们不知道
But little do they know,
实验员在房间放置了隐蔽的摄像机
the scientists have placed a hidden camera in the room.
试验员回来之后
The question the experimenter asked
会问一个问题:
when they got back was:
“你有没有作弊?” 这是他们的回答:
“Did you cheat?” And here were their answers:
-没有 -好吧
-Nope. -Okay.
我投中了一次
I threw the ball once.
呃 呃……
Hmm…hmm hmm.
没有
Nope.
你能看出谁说了实话
Could you tell which ones were telling the truth
谁是在撒谎吗?
and which were lying?
再看一次
Try again.
-没有 -好吧
-Nope. -Okay.
我投进了一个球
I threw the ball once.
呃 呃……
Hmm…hmm hmm.
没有
Nope.
事实证明1、2号小朋友说了实话
It turns out that kids 1 and 2 were telling the truth
3、4号小朋友则是在撒谎
and kids 3 and 4 were lying.
实际上4岁以上的孩子中有80%
But in fact 80% of kids over the age of 4
会在这个实验里撒谎
will lie in this scenario.
猜测谁在撒谎时
When guessing who was lying,
答案只能是“是”或“不是”
the answer was either yes or no.
所以你有50%的机率能猜中
So you had a 50% chance of getting it right.
所以即使你猜对了
So even if you did guess correctly,
也没必要真的精于此道
you’re actually not necessarily
事实证明 没有人能真正识破谎言
that good at detecting lies and it turns out no one really is.
李康博士是个研究谎话的科学家
Dr. Kang Lee is a lying researcher.
他不是说谎的专家
Now he is not a researcher who lies, okay.
他是研究谎话的专家
He is a researcher who studies lying.
我叫李康
My name is Kang Lee.
我是多伦多大学的教授
I’m a professor at the University of Toronto.
我曾经跟许多孩子做过实验
Once we did the studies with many many children
他们说谎时会直视你的眼睛
when they tell lies they look right into your eyes.
眼睛一眨也不眨
So, they don’t blink at you.
那些常识性的观点完全
And so that……that commonsense view is totally
过时了
out of the……out of the way right away.
研究发现 许多各行各业的人
Studies show that across multiple professions like judges,
比如法官 社会工作者或者警察
social workers or police officers.
会希望自己能够善于辨别谎言
People who would expect are good at detecting lies
却发现并不行
turns out they aren’t.
我们现在在康利发展实验室
Okay. So we are here at Congolese developmental lab
这位是萨拉
and I’m with Sarah
她想帮我们开发一种可以
who’s gonna help us with one of the technologies
检测情绪和谎话的技术
that can detect emotions and lying.
那我们怎么做?
So what are we gonna do?
我们会用到FACET
We are going to use FACET,
就是我身后的这个东西
which is behind me.
我们已经记录下
We had already recorded you
你做出的一些有趣的面部表情
making some interesting facial expressions.
我试着做不一样的表情
It’s different. I tried to make different emotions.
好了 我们现在看的是什么?
Okay. So what are we looking at?
我们现在看到我的脸和一堆图表
We have my face and a bunch of bars, graphs.
它们是什么意思?
What do they mean?
每种不同的颜色代表一种不同的情绪
So each of these different colors is a different emotion.
现在 我们看到的是“开心”
So right now, we’re looking at ‘Joy’.
还有“生气”“惊讶”“害怕”和“鄙视”
There’s ‘Anger’, ‘Surprise’, ‘Fear’ and ‘Contempt’.
你这个表情很好
You look great…About here.
看起来就像
It looks like you’re about to
你要去做一些令你厌恶的事
experience a little bit of disgust.
的确 很恶心
Yeah. That’s very clearly disgust.
我当时被叫去啃脚趾甲
I really was asked about eating toenails. So…
你怎样在一个类似实验室的环境下
So how do you do this with kids
让孩子们使用这台机器呢?
and in like a more experimental environment?
你可以有两种方法
Yeah. So this…there’s kind of two options
来使用这台设备
you can use this technology with.
第一种选择是让一个人坐下
One is you get a person to sit down
然后用摄像头观察并记录
and watch and record them with the webcam.
你可以在屏幕上放些刺激物
You can put some stimuli on the screen,
来观察他们的反应
see how they react to it.
但那并不能帮助我们找出撒谎者
But that really doesn’t help us out with lying.
相反 我们想看的是孩子
Instead, we want to see how do kids
甚至成人在现实生活中是如何撒谎的
or even adults lie in the real world.
所以我们让他们处于真实的场景里
So we put them into real situations
他们对我们撒谎或者说实话
where they’re lying to us or
然后我们秘密记录他们的表情
telling the truth and we secretly record their faces.
-然后我们把录像机接上电源-然后你把录像机插在这里
-And later on, we can take that video, plug it in there.-Then you plug it into this.
太酷了!
So cool.
但如果有人面无表情地说谎呢?
But what happens if someone lies with a neutral face?
我是说很难通过面部表情看出来
I mean it’s not that hard like watch this.
我才没有抄袭迈克尔·斯特恩的
I, in fact, did not steal the pargs of Michael Stern,
他念七年级 是我们班最棒的孩子
the coolest kid in my class in Grade Seven.
即使是父母也不能准确判断
Even parents cannot assess accurately
自己的孩子何时在撒谎
when their own kids are lying.
幸亏我们有科学家帮忙
But thankfully scientists is here to help us out.
最近我们开发了一项新技术——
We recently developed a new technology called
“透皮光学成像技术”
Transdermal Optical Imaging Technology.
其主要方法是 顾名思义
So the idea basically is you…Literally,
它能像这样剥开皮肤
It has peeled of the skin like this.
让你看见皮下的血液
Then you see the blood underneath your skin.
然后连接上视频影像
And then you link up in the frames of the videos.
你就可以看见面部不同部位
And then you can see the blood flow changes
血液流动的变化
in different parts of the face.
如此一来 你把它们全部结合起来
And by doing so, then you combine them all together
再用仪器分析
and using machine learning again
你就能探测出
and you can detect the passions
撒谎的孩子的情绪
in which the child is lying, versus,
以及说了实话的孩子的情绪样本
the patterns in which the child is telling the truth.
这种方法的主要特征之一是
One of the major features is actually
说谎的时候 你面颊的血液流动会变慢
when you lie, the facial blood flow on the cheek goes down,
但鼻子的血液流动会加快
but their blood flow in the nose goes up.
所以这里有个结果错了
So one of the studies were wrong.
我们有85%以上的准确度
And we show that above 85% accuracy.
来测量孩子们有没有撒谎
We can tell the child is lying or not lying.
流向面部的血液
So blood flow to the face can help us detect
和流向鼻子的血液能帮助我们
if someone is lying and hilariously
判断人们有没有在撒谎
blood actually flows to your nose
标签 @皮诺曹
hashtag #Pinocchio.
撒谎必定需要大脑的配合
Lying obviously requires your brain.
那怎样研究人们撒谎时大脑的变化呢?
So how do we study what’s going on in the brain when someone’s lying?
这个叫什么?
So what exactly is this even called?
这是F-Nears仪器
This is our F-Nears machine,
运用近红外光谱工作
which is functional near-infrared spectroscopy.
噢!很好 太棒了
Ooh! Okay, cool.
-说F-Nears更简单些-好吧 有时候我觉得那像句俚语
-F-Nears is much easier to say.-Yeah, I feel sometime…I feel it like a slang
叫我F-Nears…是像自动调谐一样吗?
Call me F-Nears…I don’t know. Like autotune?
看那ELLE Lady Gaga和York 这才是最新潮的帽子
Look ELLE, Lady Gaga and York .The newest hat is here.
红色这些发射光线
So these the red ones is emitting the light
蓝色的试图测量
and then the blue one is trying to measure
它能接收多少光
how much light it can receive
这取决于损耗了多少光
and depending on how much light is lost.
通过这两个端口 我们一定程度上可以判断
Between these two ports, we can kind of determine
血液的氧含量
how much oxygen is in the blood and
以及大脑最活跃的区域
where the brain is most active.
但事实表明不同的大脑表现也不同
But turns out there are differences in the brain.
我们发现
So when children are lying,
孩子说谎的时候
we discovered that in the prefrontal cortex.
前额叶皮层的活动
It’s more actived
比说实话的时候更活跃
when you’re lying than telling the truth.
说谎的时候
When you are lying,
需要更多的神经资源来做指挥
it takes more neural resources to do controls
说实话时只需要调动非常有限的神经资源
and telling the truth requires very limited neural controls.
我们发现撒谎之后
And we discovered that before
大脑会变得一团糟
it’s kind of well-organized or synchronized and after you have told a lie,
直到你重新组织大脑使各部位再次协调
then the brain just goes haywire.
所以 我们可以明确地说
So…so telling a lie is really not very good for your brain.
撒谎对大脑是很不好的
We can definitely relate to that one.
一说谎我就会无比恐慌
Whenever I lie, I always panic so much
觉得自己不能再谈下去了
and I realize I can’t hold the conversation anymore.
因为我的大脑已经成了一团乱麻
Because my brain has gone like completely haywire.
但我极少说谎
But I barely ever lie.
不 我们每一天每一秒都在撒谎
No. It’s all the time every day all day.
当人们说谎时 李博士的实验室能够
It’s amazing to think though that Dr. Lee’s lab has been able to look
实时观测你的大脑活动
at brains in real time as they lie and see
以及随之而来的大脑的混乱
the chaos that ensues
真是令人惊异不已
when you’re trying to tell a fib.
在下一届总统选举中用这一技术
It’s pretty fascinating to think about the ways
就能实时知道
in which this technology could be used I mean imagine in the next presidential election
谁在说谎而谁又是诚实的
being able to see in real time
这想起来就很吸引人
if someone is lying or telling the truth.
我觉得这真是一个伟大的发现
I mean it’s pretty powerful thing.
但它有待变得成熟
But it’s got to be perfected first
才不会被错误地使用或滥用
so that it’s not used or abused in the wrong way.
非常感谢您的观看
Thank you so much for watching.
非常感谢 请订阅ASAP科学
Really appreciate it and make sure you subscribe to ASAP science
如果你有任何其他发现
and let us know if there’s any other labs or things happening
想让我们来看看 请告诉我们
that you want us to go on the scene to check out.
-我们满怀希望地住在多伦多-我们可以飞去任何地方
-We live in Toronto though so hopefully okay.-We can fly, whatever.
下次见 再见
I will see you next time.Peace.

Bye.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

别躲了,你的谎话躲不过最新的“测谎仪”。

听录译者

infinite

翻译译者

靡初

审核员

审核员 AF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfDP2ONPPOU

相关推荐