未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

别被好奇心害死

Can We Survive Curiosity?

《分钟物理》
Hey, my name is Henry Reich,
嗨 我是Henry Reich
I make stick figure videos about physics,
我制作有关物理的简笔画视频
and I’m trying to break up with Curiosity.
并尝试摆脱好奇心
No, not the robot on Mars…
不 不是火星上的“好奇号”
it’s already in a long distance relationship with someone else.
它已经和别人搞异地恋了
I’m talking about Curiosity Curiosity – the one I can’t get off my mind.
我说的是自己脑海中摆脱不了的好奇心
Sure, there are a lot of good things about curiosity:
当然 好奇也有很多好处:
Curiosity taught me language;
好奇心教会我说话
Curiosity shared my excitement about the detection of gravitational waves;
好奇心和我一样 对探测到的引力波感到兴奋
Curiosity urged me to see how tall of a tower I could build before it fell over
好奇心驱使我尝试 在塔倒掉之前 我能把它搭多高
and waited patiently for me to try a million different paper airplane designs;
同时 也让我有耐心尝试N多种纸飞机的折法
Curiosity took me to watch the Leonid meteor shower,
好奇心带我去看狮子座流星雨
carried me through school,
陪伴我完成学业
taught me Calculus,
教会我微积分
showed me how jigsaws work
教会我使用竖锯
and how to unclog the toilet.
还教我如何疏通马桶
But Curiosity has some serious deal-breakers.
但好奇也有一些不足
For one, Curiosity’s got no loyalty – I mean,
一方面 好奇心不够忠诚 我是说
how many of you also have a relationship with Curiosity?
你们中有多少人有好奇心?
What a player.
真是个“渣男”
And I can’t shake Curiosity,
而且我无法摆脱好奇心
no matter where I go, what I do, what I think about,
不论我去哪里 做什么 想什么
Curiosity keeps butting in, going off on tangents
好奇心总是在打断我 使我误入歧途
and asking questions about anything and everything.
对任何事都要问个不停
Curiosity made me read all of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in one sitting.
好奇心令我一口气读完《哈利·波特与死亡圣器》
And Curiosity tells me things I don’t want to hear
好奇心还使我听到一些我不想听的事——
– like, I’m not going to live forever?
比如 我竟然无法永生?
Toddlers are better at learning Chinese than I am?
幼儿竟然比我更擅长学习汉语?
Genetic modification isn’t always bad?
基因改造并不总是坏事?
Sweet, delicious desserts aren’t good for me?
美味的甜点对我有害?
Flying across the world in AWESOME metal sky-birds
乘坐了不起的金属巨鸟(飞机)环游世界
is contributing to the destabilization of our planet’s entire bio-hydro-geo-atmospheric system?
会破坏整个生物-水-地球-大气系统的稳定?
And after all that stuff I don’t want to hear,
听完那些我不想听的事情后
Curiosity has the nerve to tell me
好奇心还有胆子告诉我
I have intrinsic biases against ideas
我对那些与自己世界观不合的观点
that disagree with my world view
存在固有的偏见
even if they’re right.
即使它们是正确的
But most problematically,
但最成问题的是
Curiosity has no moral compass, and never has.
好奇心没有道德指引 从来没有
Long ago, Curiosity taught us how to start fires for cooking, for warmth,
很久以前 好奇心教我们如何生火做饭 取暖
and to destroy neighboring villages.
以及如何摧毁邻近的村庄
Curiosity taught us how to manipulate metals taken from the ground and
它教会我们使用从地里挖来的金属
make plows and scythes to plant and harvest food,
去制作用于耕种和收割食物的犁和镰刀
and swords to kill.
去制作用于杀戮的剑
Curiosity taught us to use long-dead metamorphosed plants and phytoplankton
它教会我们利用早已死亡的变质植物和浮游植物
to power the rise of global civilization and the rise of global temperatures.
推动全球文明的崛起和气温的上升
Curiosity taught us how to split and fuse atomic nuclei to generate electricity,
它教会我们通过分裂和融合原子核来发电
to make medicine, and to destroy entire cities.
制造药物 或摧毁整个城市
Curiosity taught us to build miraculous portable personal-augmentation computer-camera-communicators,
它教会我们制造出不可思议的便携式个人增强装置—电脑摄像通信装置
and to use them to spy on each other.
并用它们互相监视
Curiosity taught me I can use a magnifying glass to focus sunlight and burn insects.
好奇心使我学会了用放大镜聚焦阳光来燃烧昆虫
Sometimes, Curiosity’s a jerk.
有时候 好奇心是个混蛋
But still, I haven’t been able to break up with Curiosity – I mean, did you know that
但是 我仍然无法摆脱好奇心 ——我的意思是 你知道吗
if you lift a clock just one meter,
如果你把一个时钟举起1米
earth’s gravity causes it to run fast by a few nanoseconds every year?
地球的引力会使它每年多走几纳秒
– and I bet you probably have a hard time with Curiosity, too.
我敢说 你可能也很难保持好奇心
In fact, if there’s one thing Curiosity’s taught me,
事实上 如果说好奇心教会了我一件事
it’s that human beings fall hard for Curiosity.
那就是 人类很难去满足好奇心
I mean, look at this guy – he’s totally in a manipulative relationship.
我是说 看看这家伙 他完全被好奇心牵着走
I suspect we’re ultimately just going to have to figure out how to live with Curiosity.
我猜 我们总有一天要弄清楚如何和好奇心共处
So, here’s the biggest lesson I’ve learned thus far:
这是我迄今为止学到的最重要的一课:
Curiosity pushes us to unlock lots and lots of doors,
好奇心推动我们打开许多扇
doors to things lifechanging and worldchanging in good and bad ways;
会改变人生和世界的 或好或坏的门
but, Curiosity only help us open the doors of future
但好奇心只会帮我们打开未来之门
and lay out the facts on the table.
并把所有未来会发生的事情呈现出来
It’s up to us to decide which doors we want to go through.
由我们来最终决定要迈进哪一扇门
提示:它不是门

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

人人都有好奇心,好奇心对我们生活的影响有好有坏,那么我们应该如何处理和好奇心之间的关系呢?让我们一起来看看吧。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

白云深处有人家

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k-JK-QgAgg

相关推荐