未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

深蹲可以提高你的脑力吗?

Can squatting boost your brain power? - BBC REEL

From an evolutionary perspective, we’ve evolved really big brains
从进化学的角度看 我们已经进化出了
that are especially expensive to run.
运行耗能极高的大脑
You know, they’re almost like an American Hummer.
它们就像一辆美国悍马
They’re very, very big, they’re very inefficient,
占地大 又非常低效
and they cost a lot of energy to keep going, even at rest.
即使在休息时 也要消耗很多能量来运行
And we’re especially interested in physical exercise because we know
而我们尤其对锻炼感兴趣的原因是
that with physical activity, we can increase blood flow to the brain.
通过锻炼 我们可以增加流向大脑的血液
There’s no curative treatment for neurodegeneration.
神经退化是无法被有效治疗的
So exercise has emerged as a very, very powerful countermeasure.
所以锻炼成了有力的对策
And the big question is how much, what type, how often?
而真正的问题是锻炼的程度 种类和频率
What we’re identifying there is that especially for people that aren’t
我们发现对于那些身材不佳
in particularly great shape or they can’t exercise, perform anything
或是不能高强度运动的人来说
that’s terribly exertional, controlled squat
利用地心引力的深蹲
just this using gravity can be quite a useful intervention.
是一项非常有益的干预措施
深蹲如何提高脑力
Much of what we’re doing in the lab is
我们在实验室做的大部分工作
trying to push different aspects of exercise
是根据运动的类型 强度和持续时间
in terms of the type of exercise and the intensity and the duration,
尝试寻找各种方面
trying to almost hit that sweet spot where we can see maximised, optimised adaptation.
尝试去达到最适用的有效点
Recent advances in technology have allowed scientists to
近年来的科技发展让科学家
actually see how physical activity benefits the brain.
得以真正观察运动是如何使大脑受益的
We can measure blood flow to the brain through the neck,
我们可以测量从颈部
through the head, through the skull.
从头部和颅骨流向大脑的血液
What we’re showing in our research is that you don’t have to be huffing
我们的研究展现的是
and puffing and doing hard exercise in order to gain targeted benefit.
你不用气喘吁吁或剧烈运动也能取得成果
So the great thing about squatting is
所以做深蹲的优势是
when you stand up, you’re working against gravity.
你站起时 你与地心引力相对抗
When you go down, you’re working with gravity.
你下蹲时 你与地心引力相合作
And what happens is blood flow to the brain swings high and low.
然后流向大脑的血液就会上下涌动
So the up down, up down.
上上下下
You’re almost testing the shock absorbers of a car.
你几乎像在测试汽车的减速器
Here you’re testing the shock absorbers of the brain.
只不过在这你是测试大脑的减速器
And it’s that swinging of flow that we think stimulates the vascular endothelium,
而正是血液的来回涌动在刺激
the inner lining of the vessel, to release all of the good stuff that
血管内部细胞和内覆组织
we need to drive some of the things like an improvement in mental ability,
来释放我们所需的有益物质去驱动一些提升
mental gymnastics to cognition, memory and learning, as an example.
比如在心理 精神运动到认知 记忆和学习上的提高
Your ability to remember, to sync, to solve problems, to ask questions.
还有去记忆 一心二用 解决困难 提出疑问的能力
You can squat stand for three minutes on, three minutes off.
你可以蹲下站立三分钟 再休息三分钟
If we use it as a training stimulus for up to about a month,
如果我们以此为刺激 训练大概一个月
four to five times a day, three to four times a week, we can see an
每天四至五组 每周做三到四次
improvement in the measurements that we make that tell us how quickly
我们可以通过测量看到
blood is coming into the brain when it’s challenged, and actually more so
在大脑受挑战时 血液涌来的速度得到提高
than some of the standard steady state exercise interventions that
实际上 这比一些要求你最大强度锻炼
would require you to exercise maximally for, say, 30 to 40 minutes.
30-40分钟的标准稳态训练的干预更有效
You can even throw another layer to your exercise routine
你可以让锻炼活动再上一个台阶
to push your brain further.
来推动大脑受益更深
As you’re doing squats, you see people in the gym
当你在做深蹲时
reading or even doing crosswords as they’re exercising.
看见别人在一边锻炼一边读书或做字谜
So there you’ve got a double whammy.
你被双重打击到了
And what we do know is that we can further improve flow to the brain
我们知道可以通过激发一种认知的紧张性刺激
by providing what we call a cognitive stressor, a cognitive load.
也称认知负荷 来大幅度增加到大脑的血液
Oxygen deprivation experienced in some extreme sports can
一些极限运动会经历的氧气缺失
also be used as a stressor to push the brain’s limits
可以被用作刺激大脑突破局限
and to understand how its defence mechanisms work.
而为了理解防卫机制如何生效
As a former athlete himself,
Damian Bailey博士作为一名前运动员
Dr Damian Bailey is a subject in his own research.
成了他自己研究的试验品
You’ve got to practice what you preach.
你必须得去以身作则
We use a whole range of extreme sports where we can challenge
我们尝试了一系列挑战大脑的极限运动
the brain in order to gain different insight into these mechanisms.
对大脑运作机制获取到新的见解
Things like free diving, you know, a single breath,
像闭气潜水 憋一口气 没有氧气供给
no oxygen. Skydiving, you know, stress and less oxygen.
跳伞运动 状态紧张和氧气稀少
High altitude mountaineering, lots of activity, less oxygen.
高山攀爬 运动量很大 但氧气很少
We’re so sensitive to oxygen lack.
我们对氧气的减少很敏感
So when we go, for example, at the high altitude to extreme altitudes,
当我们体验时 比如 临于海拔极高处间
extremely low levels of oxygen, we get this increase in flow.
在极低的氧气浓度下 我们的血液快速向上涌
So the brain is compensating all of the time.
所以大脑一直处于调整状态
It’s a bit like a tightrope walker.
有点像走钢丝的人
You know, you’re walking across this what we call bio energetic tightrope.
当你在我们所说的生物能量钢丝上行走
You’ve got to make those necessary adjustments
你一定要做那些必要的调整
in order to stay on the tightrope.
以至于不从钢丝上摔下来
These models are great ways of poking the brain to see how it responds.
这些都是刺激大脑观察其反应的好方法
Tracking these brain’s responses might shed light not only on
追踪大脑的反应可能不仅有助于研究
how to treat illnesses like dementia,
如何应对像痴呆一类的疾病
but also on how to make long term space missions possible.
还有助于实现宇宙长期任务
The brain is especially sensitive to changes in gravity.
大脑对重力的变化尤其敏感
You can take gravity away completely in space, right?
在宇宙中你会完全失重 对吧?
And what happens is blood flows up to the head and you’ve only got to
紧接着血液就会向大脑涌去
look at astronauts puffy faces, red, puffy, swollen faces and skinny legs.
你只需看看宇航员发红肿胀的脸和瘦削的腿就明白
And one of the potential complications with that is that
而潜在的复杂问题之一
over the long term, this can raise potentially raise pressure inside
就是时间一久 这会导致大脑内部潜在的压力上升
the brain and that can influence your vision. And this is a big problem.
也会影响你的视力 这是个很重要的问题
In fact, this is one of the biggest problems that we’re battling with
实际上 这是我们需要攻克的
and looking to do experiments to try to understand and to solve
希望做实验来理解和解决
and develop countermeasures for a man or woman flight to Mars.
为人类飞上火星的难题之一制定对策
Italian researchers have developed a model
意大利研究人员用老鼠提出了一种模型
with mice to investigate this topic.
来探究这一问题
We thought: what happens when you cannot move
我们想:如果你因一些情况不能动弹
because there are situations, such as now, where people are
比如现在因为几个月的疫情人们困在了沙发上
on the couch for many months because there is the restriction due to COVID
或者生病了 或是要长期停留在宇宙等等
or because they are sick or they have to stay in space for many months.
会发生什么
The mice’s hind legs were suspended, but the front legs were left free.
老鼠的后腿被困住 但前脚仍可动弹
This meant that although the animals were unable to move,
这意味着即使动物无法移动
they could still feed themselves.
它们仍然可以吃饱喝足
After 14 days of the unloading,
而在这一姿势持续14天后
we found that the neurogenesis of this model is decreased.
我们发现这一模型的神经元在退化
In fact, they found a staggering 70 percent decrease
实际上 他们发现相比对照组
in the number of neural stem cells compared to a control group.
这个模型的神经干细胞数量减少了70%
We always think about circulation, about bones,
我们常常会考虑内循环和骨头的因素
but we have to also think about the brain performance.
但我们必须要把大脑的表现纳入变量
Inactivity reduces blood flow to the brain,
静止状态会减少流向大脑的血液
and not getting enough oxygen can have dire consequences.
而无法获得足够的氧气会导致严重的后果
When things go wrong with the brain,
在大脑失常时
you only need a very small window in order to reduce damage.
你只需一个非常小的窗口来减少损伤
So that’s why we’re interested in physical activity.
这也是我们选择体育锻炼的原因
It’s the only countermeasure out there at the moment, and we’re just
这是在特殊时刻唯一的对策
starting to scratch the surface as far as the brain is concerned.
目前对大脑的研究 我们了解的太少

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

研究表明深蹲会增加流向大脑的血液,提升多方面的能力以及运用更多领域的研究。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

审核员RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2IM0xzPv3Q

相关推荐