未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

无声真的会让你发疯吗?

Can Silence Actually Drive You Crazy?

我要开始最大音量尖叫了
I am going to scream as loud as I can
我会在我旋转的同时持续最大音量尖叫
and I am going to keep screaming as loud as I can while I spin around.
我要一直尖叫到没气
I will keep going until my breath runs out.
好的
>> Great.
准备好了吗?好了 谢谢
>> You ready? >> Yeah. thanks
〔尖叫声〕
[Screams]
非常棒 谢谢
>> That was outstanding. Thank you.
谢谢
>> Thank you.
世界上最安静的地方显然是在明尼阿波利斯市的一间无回声室
>> The quietest place on earth is apparently an anechoic chamber in Minneapolis.
我现在就在杨百翰大学的无回声室
am here at BYU at their anechoic chamber.
“Anechioc”是拉丁文 主要的意思是没有回音
Anechoic is Latin and basically means no echo.
而且他们成功实现没有回音全靠这些墙上甚至是地板上的楔形泡沫
And the way they achieve no echo is through all of these foam wedges which are put on the wall and even the floor.
你可以看到我其实站在一个弹簧地板上
You can see that I am actually on a spring floor
并且我下面全是这种楔形物
and down below me there are all of these wedges.
现在当你正在听这个视频的时候 你可能要用耳机
Now you may want to use headphones while you are listening to this video,
因为这会很重要
because that is going to be quite important.
由于它的形状 低频率的声音会进来
>> Low frequency sound will come in and, by the shape of it,
一直保持反弹 直到它在墙上消失
bounce and just keep bouncing pretty much forever until it just gets lost in the wall.
然后高频音同样也会被泡沫吸进去
And then high frequencies are more so going to get absorbed into the foam itself.
门关上时 通过不断的鼓掌 你就可以听出这个房间如何减弱回音的
>> You can hear how the room deadens echoes by clapping constantly while closing the doors.
[掌声]
[Clapping]
它完全的改变了声音的质量
It totally changes the quality of the sound.
却是如此
Definitely.
有报告说 在这样一个房间里呆很长一段时间还保持神志正常 是不可能的
>> There are reports that it is impossible to stay in one of these rooms and remain sane for a significant period of time.
最高纪录是45分钟
The record is apparently 45 minutes.
我觉得有点幽闭恐惧症的感觉
>> I felt a little claustrophobic.
感觉就像我的头上有好多压力
I got…it felt like there is a lot of pressure on myhead.
但为什么会那样?我的意思是 那里的空气应该没有什么不同的
>> But why would that be? I mean, the air is no different in here.
我想是因为当你在一个普通的房间里听到很多混响
>> What I figured is just because when you listen in a normal room there is a lot of reverb.
在你的耳朵里 它意味着有很多空间
to your ear that means there is a lot of space,
但那里并没有混响 所以它让人有幽闭恐惧症的感觉
but there is none of that in here, so it feels claustrophobic.
那感觉就像你在一个很小的房间 就像躺在棺材里
>> It feels like you are in a tiny room, like you could be in a coffin.
是的 也许是的
>>Yeah, maybe, yeah.
我认为那是一个令人焦虑的反应
>> I think it is really an anxiety response.
所以你习惯了周围的这些声音
So you are used to having these sounds around you
如果之后就再也没有了 你就会开始恐慌
and then you don’t anymore and so you start to panic,
因为你没有了一些你之前习惯有的东西
because you don’t have something you are used to,
并且我认为这会增加焦虑 引起一些压力
and I think that anxiety can increase, cause some stress,
并且可能那就是为什么人们变得疯狂或者产生声音的幻觉
and maybe that’s why people go crazy or hallucinate with sound.
那只是因为他们尝试弥补他们曾经习惯却不在的东西
It is just because they are trying to make up for what they are used to that isn’t there.
我会提醒我带来的人:嗨 如果你感到一点头晕 请告诉我
When I bring people in I warn them: Hey,if you get a little dizzy, please let me know,
你在这么昂贵的设施里吐得一团糟之前 我就可以带你离开这个房间
so I can get you out of the room before you make a mess in our expensive facilities.
首先你将会听到你衣服产生的沙沙的声音
>> First you will hear any rustle of your clothing.
所以你每挪一寸都能能听到这声音
So you move an inch and you will hear it.
然后你会听到任何在你嘴里或嗓子里的液体的声音
Then you will hear any fluids that are in your mouth or your throat.
每次你的嘴一动 你就会听到这些声音 而且如果你在那里呆的时间越长
You’ll hear them all moving around every time you move your mouth. And the longer you stay there
你听到的就越多 所以你还会开始听到血液在大脑中流动
the more you will hear. So you will start to hear the blood flow through your brain.
你听到了吗?
>> Have you heard it?
是的 那听起来想一个铃声或是脉动
>> Yeah. It sounds kind of like a ringing or a pulsing.
你能为我们稍微学一下你听到的声音来让我们知道你听到的吗?
>> Can you kind of make the sound for us so that we know what to listen in for?
血流动的声音?额 就像……
>> Of the blood flow? >> Yeah, like…
那只是听起来像脉动 就像 shh shh shh
>> It just sounds like a pulsing, like, shh, shh, shh.
一些人说他们也可以听到心脏在胸腔中跳动的声音
Some people say they can hear their heart beat coming from their chest as well.
那你听到了吗
>> Have you heard that?
没有
>> No.
一个小提琴手在这间屋子里 显然几秒钟之内他就拍门想出去了
>> A violinist placed in one of these rooms was apparently banging on the door within a matter of seconds trying to get out
现在人们说站在这里是不可能的
Now that people say it’s impossible to stand up
因为你会变得失去方向感 眩晕 恶心 还有一些人甚至出现了幻觉
because you become so disoriented, dizzy, nauseous. And some people even hear oral hallucinations.
但对我来说 那听起来不正确
But to me it doesn’t sound right.
你知道的 我相信我能在这个没声音没灯的房间里坐着 想呆多久呆多久
You know, I believe that I should be able to sit in a room with no sound with the lights off for as long as I like.
所以我现在要测试一下自己能在这个房间里呆多久
And so I am going to put myself to the test by staying in this room for as long as I can.
在寂静中好好玩儿吧
>> Have fun in silence.
谢谢
>> Thank you.
现在这个无回声的房间里只有我自己了这大概是我见过最安静的地方
Now it is just me in the anechoic chamber. And this is probably the quietest place I
我马上会告诉那帮朋友把灯关掉
have ever been. And in a second I will tell the guys, shut the lights off.
好了 我觉得…
Ok, I think…
哦 我准备好啦
Oh. I am ready.
灯都关上了 我要关掉摄影机 这样就没有
And the lights are off. I’m going to turn off the camera so I don’t
这个灯了 我只剩一个录音机开着
have this light and then there is only the audio recorder that I will keep with me.
我不确定在这里呆了多久了 但我仍然感觉很舒服
I’m not sure how long I have been in here, but I still feel quite comfortable.
很好而且很安静 我的意思是 那是一种低调说法 但感觉很放松
It’s nice and quiet. I mean, that is an understatement. But it’s relaxing.
如果说我听到了什么 我想我听到了一个声音很低的嗡嗡声
If I hear anything, I feel like I hear a low pitched hum.
我猜我应该在这待了八分钟
If I have to guess as to how long I have been in here I would say about eight minutes.
我感觉我更了解我的心脏了 我能感觉到每一次跳动 而且我几乎可以感觉到血液
I feel like I am more aware of my heart. I can feel each pulse, and I can almost feel
正在我的胸部向头部散射
it radiating up my chest towards my head,
就像一个波浪
like a wave.
而且在我的耳朵里有嘘嘘声 我觉得那就像……
And in my ears there’s a hiss. I think that is just…
听力受损
from hearing loss.
那只是让我想起了那个电影《不可能的任务》 就是汤姆在那个建筑里潜行
This just reminds me of that Mission Impossible movie where Tom Cruise sneaks into that building
而且他不得不保证声音的分贝特别低
and he has to keep his decibel level low.
[小声打嗝]
[Quiet burp]
那是一个嗝 我不知道你是不是能听见
That was a burp. I don’t know if you could hear that.
我说那个小声音好像被放大了 就像你的脑袋重新校准
I can say the really small sounds seem amplified. It is like your brain has recalibrated, so
所以安静的声音好像变得大声了
the quiet things seem much louder.
我感觉我可以感受到更多的声音就像……
I feel like I can feel more things like…
每次心脏的跳动感觉就像……
with every beat of my heart it feels like…
我的身体有些颤抖
my body shakes a little bit…
就像一个装上发动机的装置 它如何
like a device that has a little motor inside of it. How it gets shook around
像拇指一样颤抖
like a thumb.
好啦 卡梅隆 在我看来时间刚好 如果它看起来和你看到的一样
Ok, Cameron, looks to me like we are good for time. If it looks the same to you like
大约46分钟以上 我很高兴出来 所以 如果你准备好了
we are around 46 minutes or over, I am happy to hop out. So, yeah, when you are ready you
你可以把灯打开如果你喜欢的话
could flip the lights back on if you like. Are you there?
在吗?
Hello?
我看过表 我觉得我在这呆了将近一个小时
I think I have been in here for nearly an hour according to my time checks. And I
而且我没有睡着 只是 你知道的我度过了一段不错的时间
didn’t fall asleep, I just, you know, I have had a good time. It is a nice quiet
是个很好很安静的空间 我觉得这会是很好的用来贴卧室墙壁的材料
space. I kind of feel like this would be a good material to pad your bedroom in. Not
不是个问题 无回声房间 待45分钟 一个小时 很容易 我可以在这里待五个小时
a problem. Anechoic chamber, 45 minutes, an hour. Easy. I could stay in here for five
我觉得我可以在这完成许多工作
hours. I think I could get a lot of work done in here.
所以现在我要出去了 而且我要看看没有他们帮我开灯 我能不能
So now I just have to get out. And I am going to see if I can exit this room without them
离开这个房间
turning the lights on.
连这些门都很好很安静 好了 回到外面的世界了
Even the doors are nice and quiet. There we are. Back to the outside world.
– 嗨 你还好吗?- 还活着呢?
– 是的
Hello, how are you doing? >> You alive? >> I am.
我真不明白怎么可能有人在那里会发疯 我是说 安静挺好的
I don’t really understand how anyone could go crazy in there. I mean, quiet is kind of nice. But then again
但就是有这样一些人 他们觉得所有情况都不舒服 比如在
there are people who find all sort of situations really uncomfortable like just being in pitch
漆黑的房间里或狭小的空间里 所以也许这些类型的人会发现
black room or being in a small confined space. So maybe those types of people would find
这有些让人觉得紧张不安
this kind of unnerving.
我清楚的注意到有许多的噪声 就像它不是绝对的安静
I definitely noticed that there were a lot of noises. Like it wasn’t just pure silence.
就像我实际得努力让自己觉得是寂静的 否则 你知道的
Like I actually have to work hard to make things feel silent. Otherwise, you know, there
有那种比如像我挠胡子的声音 或者衣服摩擦的声音
was the sound of like me just rubbing my beard or just like the rustle of your clothes or
每次你咽口水或呼吸的声音 也许我察觉到的最怪的事情好像就是
every time you swallow or you breathe. Perhaps the weirdest thing I noticed was like my sense
感觉到自己的心脏跳动特别有力 而且我几乎觉得好像
of my heart. I just felt like it was pumping really hard, and I could feel almost like the
血液在全身沸腾 好像不是我听到的 而是我感觉到的一样
blood pushing up through me. It wasn’t like I was hearing it. It was just like I was feeling
但我觉着在某种程度上 我的心脏
it. And I was feeling it as though, in a way, my heart
在振动我的身体
was shaking my body.
那有点不可思议
That was something weird.
但是除了那些 没什么疯狂的 没有奇怪的幻觉或者类似的东西
But besides that, nothing crazy, no weird hallucinations or anything like that.
所以我认为 不可能在这样的房间里待45分钟以上是荒诞的说法
So I think the myth that you can’t stay in here for longer than 45 minutes is busted,
虽然这并不是什么《辟谣敢死队》但我还是认为那不是真的
even though this is not Myth Busters. I still think it is not true.
现在如果你真的讨厌安静 你应该带一个有声读物在身边
Now if you really hate silence, you should always carry an audio book around with you.
而且我可以推荐一本好书:我朋友约翰•格林写的《无比美妙的痛苦》
And I can recommend a good one: The Fault in our Stars by my friend John Green. It is
那是一本特别好的书 自它发行以来 基本上一直是最畅销的谈论书籍
an excellent book and it has been basically the talk of the best sellers ever since it
而且不久将会有一部电影上映 你可能想在看这部电影之前
was released. And soon there is a movie coming out and so you probably want to get through
先把书看一遍 现在你可以免费下载这本书
the book before you go and see the movie. Now you can download this book for free by
登陆Audible.com/Veritasium 或者你可以选择一些其他的书进行一个月的试读
going to Audible.com/Veritasium. Or you could pick any other book of your choosing for a
Audible是一个不可思议的网站 拥有超过十五万册 涉及所有文学类型
one month free trial. Audible is an amazing site with over 150,000 titles in all areas
包括小说 非小说和期刊 所以你应该去看一看那些书籍
of literature including fiction, non-fiction, and periodicals. So you should check them
链接在doobly-doo 正如约翰说的
out. The link is in the doobly-doo, as John would say.
我要感谢Audible的支持 也感谢你的观看
So I would like to thank Audible for supporting me and I would like to thank you for watching.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

讲解无声房间科学道理并采访尝试过的群众,以及亲身体验后的感受

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Demo

审核员

瞌睡虫儿

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXVGIb3bzHI

相关推荐