ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

让苹果吃起来和洋葱一个味 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

让苹果吃起来和洋葱一个味

Can An Onion Taste Like An Apple?

这里是《大众科学》实验栏目
This is a Popular Science experiment.
我们来看看能否让苹果吃起来和洋葱一个味道
We’re here to see if an apple can taste like an onion.
我最近在读鲍勃·福尔摩斯的书《滋味》
I was reading a book—Flavor by Bob Holmes.
其中鲍勃·福尔摩斯提到的一件事就是
One of the things that Bob Holmes goes into
滋味和味道有什么区别
is the difference between flavor and taste.
味道是一种化学感觉
Taste is chemosensory.
那是一种舌尖上的化学游戏
It’s sort of the play of chemicals on our tongue.
想想 “咸” “甜” “酸”
Think ‘salt’ or ‘sweet’ or ‘sour.’
而滋味整体囊括了这些
Flavor is the whole.
包括口味 气味 气氛 质地等
It’s taste, it’s smell, it’s ambiance, it’s texture—
是所有感觉的综合
It’s everything put together.
为了验证苹果吃起来能否和洋葱一个味道
To see if an apple can taste like an onion,
我打算遮住眼睛 这样就什么也看不见了
I’m going to cover my eyes so I can’t see anything
接着堵住鼻子 这样我就什么也闻不到了
and I’m going to plug my nose so I can’t smell anything.
然后我们可爱的助手汤姆会
And then our lovely assistant Tom is going to
把洋葱片和苹果片递给我吃
bring over slices of onions and apples,
让我猜猜哪个是洋葱 哪个是苹果
and I’m going to try and guess which is an onion and which is an apple.
我只是测试者之一
I’m a sample size of one.
还有其他两个测试人员
The two other testers are going to be
他们是《大众科学》的工作人员比利和马克
PopSci staffers Billy and Mark.
气味占了我们所品尝食物的很大一部分
Smell makes up a huge proportion of what we taste,
同样也占了滋味的一大部分
what we consider to be flavor.
但另一方面 洋葱有非常刺鼻的气味
But on the other hand, onions are just so pungent.
所以很难让人相信你会分不清洋葱和苹果
It’s hard to believe that you can confuse an onion with an apple.
好的 我戴上眼罩 吃了一块苹果
Well I put on the blindfold and consumed an apple
然后我能猜出来那是苹果
and knew it was an apple,
然后我吃了一块洋葱
and then I consumed an onion
我也能猜出来那是一块洋葱
and knew it was an onion.
这个实验结果让我相信
The fact that there was this experiment made me want to believe it
这两种味道很不一样
but the two tastes are very different.
人有两种嗅觉方式
There are two kinds of smelling—
一种是鼻前嗅觉 另一种是鼻后嗅觉
one is orthonasal and the other is retronasal.
鼻前嗅觉就比如嗅一朵花所闻到
Orthonasal is what you smell when you sniff a flower—
通过你鼻子的那种气味
what comes through your nose.
这是我们实验中所阻挡的嗅觉方式
And that’s what I blocked off.
但是鼻后嗅觉是来自喉咙的
But retronasal comes from the back of your throat,
只有洋葱到了我的喉咙中 我才能知道它是洋葱
and it wasn’t until it hit the back of my throat that I could really tell it was an onion.
开始时 它有点甜
In the beginning, it was sort of sweet
会让人怀疑那是苹果
and it was really confusing with the apple,
但一旦它碰到了我的喉咙 我就能分清它们了
but once it hit the back of my throat, there was just no confusing the two.
那肯定是洋葱
It was definitely an onion.
呕 那味道太难吃了[笑]
Oh, that was awful![laughs]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

让苹果吃起来和洋葱一个味,可能吗?是什么决定了我们的味蕾呢?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

林邑

审核员

T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AzLIfzw2U

相关推荐