ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

和Reiss Akhtar一起游览剑桥大学 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

和Reiss Akhtar一起游览剑桥大学

Cambridge University: A Tour with Reiss Akhtar

红序教育
crimson
*同Reiss Akhtar一起游览剑桥大学*
cambridge university with reiss akhtar
嗨 我是Reiss 剑桥大学大一学生
– Hi, I’m Reiss, I’m a fresher at Cambridge
我将带大家进行游览
and I’m here to take you on a tour.
我们将顺着特兰平顿街
Today I’m gonna take you down Trumpington Street.
参观那里的几所学院
I’m gonna take you around some of the colleges.
途径王后学院和凯斯学院
We’ll go past Queens, we’ll go past Caius.
另外
And just for good measure,
我们途中还要吃个午饭
we’re gonna have some lunch as well.
现在我们在格兰塔
Right now, we are at Granta Place.
在这儿你可以去酒吧
So at Grantor Place, you can either pop into a pub,
喝杯饮料
if you want a bev, or you can just come
或只是和朋友们闲逛
and hang out with friends here.
我们刚才在Fitzbillies咖啡餐馆
We were just in Fitzbillies, which is basically
大家都来这里品尝美味的蛋糕和咖啡
everyone’s go to for a good cake and coffee.
其实我从那买了烤圆面包
I actually got you guys a toasty bun from there,
那里最著名的食物
which they’re really famed for.
你还想再来点吗?
If you still want it.
中学时我第一次听说剑桥大学
I first heard about Cambridge through my secondary school.
他们鼓励我们中一些人报考
They really encouraged some of us to apply.
我十年级时在一个接待日参观了圣体学院
Then I came on an open day to Corpus Christi in year ten.
当时就爱上了这里
I fell in love with it straight away.
还不知道想学什么
Didn’t know what I wanted to study,
不知道学院是什么
didn’t know what colleges were,
只知道我想来这里
but I just knew that I wanted to be there.
剑桥实行学院制
Cambridge is split into collegiate system,
各学院的课程并没什么不同
where the courses don’t differ between different places,
但你所在的学院
but you’re put into a specific hub or community
有其独特的社群氛围
and that is called your college.
我在凯斯学院
So for me, I am at Caius.
凯斯是冈维尔与凯斯的简称
Caius is short for Gonville and Caius,
但若说冈维尔与凯斯学院
but if you call it Gonville and Caius,
一听你就是外来的
then you’re like an outsider.
我其实并没报凯斯
I didn’t actually pick Caius;
我是被学校分配过来的
I was pooled to Caius.
我最初报的是唐宁学院
I originally applied to Downing.
学校的分配系统是这样的
The pooling system is basically,
当学院招生员额不足
if a college doesn’t have space for you,
或者他们认为你
or they think that you would be a better fit
更适合其它学院 就会把你的申请
at a different college, then they’ll put your application
放在库里供其它学院选择
into a pool and the other colleges are free to choose you.
分流不是说你不够格
Pooling isn’t like not getting in.
恰恰表明剑桥很重视你的发展
It just means that Cambridge care about where you are
他们希望你进入最合适的学院
and they want you to be at the best college for you.
我觉得我最喜欢凯斯的一点就是
I think my favorite thing about Caius is
大家很重视在一起吃饭(的时间)
that they value eating together.
我们都很享受每天在餐厅
So all of us really really enjoy going to hall everyday,
坐在一起聊天的时光
sitting together, and having a chat.
我们在剑桥并不是
It’s not true that we don’t have proper kitchens
没有体面的厨房
at Cambridge.
这常取决于你的宿舍
It usually depends on your accommodations.
在凯斯学院我们有烤炉 冰箱
So, at Caius, we have hobs, fridges,
微波炉 烤面包机等有趣的厨具
microwaves, toasters, all the fun stuff.
我很适应凯斯的学生生活
I’ve gotten quite involved in student life at Caius.
我是新生代表
So I’m the freshers’ rep,
就是说我代表大一学生
which means I represent the first year
组织迎新周欢迎新生
and organize freshers’ week for the incoming freshers.
联姻社交基本上就像是
A marriage formal is basically like the officialization
学院联姻的官方化
of your college marriages.
而学院联姻大概就是
And college marriages are basically,
你向同年级的人求婚
you propose to someone in your year,
在学院你俩就算联姻了
you become college married, and you get assigned
下一年你还会被指定给另一名新生作学长
a fresher next year that you mentor.
通过课程或讲座
So you have a lot of opportunity to meet people
你会有很多机会
outside of your college though, through your subject,
认识其它学院的人
whether that be through lectures or through workshops.
本学期我就是和其他学院学生
So this term, I have classes on Cymbeline
一起上的《辛柏林》课
with people from various colleges.
我学习英国文学
I study English literature.
我想今年最有趣的争论
I think the most interesting discussion I’ve had this year
可能就是特朗普总统对于
was probably about the effect that
LGBT团体权利的影响了
Donald Trump’s had on LGBT rights.
因为当时我们在学中世纪文学
And that was interesting because we were doing
而在课上学到的知识竟然派上了用场
medieval literature and somehow managed to make that work.
我认为在学术上剑桥让我更勇敢
I think Cambridge has made me more academically brave.
我不再害怕说出自己的喜好
I don’t feel scared about saying what I’m interested in,
不再怕挑战一些特定的选题
about picking specific themes even if they’re different
即使它们很小众
than what everyone else is interested in.
我感到这种勇气
And I feel like that’s translated
也影响了我们很多人的生活
into our personal lives, for a lot of us.
我随身带着书包
So I basically live with my bag.
来看看里面
Have a look inside.
有我的笔记本 它算是我生活的全部
I have my laptop, which is basically my life,
因为我所有的学位资料都在里面
’cause it has my entire degree on it.
莎士比亚的《辛柏林》剧本
I have a play by Shakespeare called Cymbeline.
本学期的讲座都与此有关
So this term’s faculty workshops are about this
我们得熟知剧情
and it requires us to go through
并研读细节
and do something called glossing.
还不大清楚那是什么
Not really sure what it is yet,
希望今天能找到答案
but I’m hoping that I find out today.
我的伞 在剑桥必备之物
Got my umbrella, which is like a life-saver in Cambridge
因为你不知道什么时候下雨
because you never know when it’s gonna rain here.
我手上还有个音箱
And I have a speaker because all good days require speakers,
在天气好的时候可以随时拿出来用
so I keep this on hand just in case.
经过皇后学院 就到了我的宿舍
So we’re gonna go past Queens and go to my accommodation.
这里有很多雅致的小街道
Yeah there’s like loads of small really pretty streets here.
处处都是美景 适合发朋友圈
Basically everywhere is an Instagram opportunity.
这里就是皇后学院
Over here is Queens College,
剑桥的学院之一
which is another college at Cambridge.
它旁边是一些
And then just next to it is some of the accommodation
学生宿舍楼
for the students.
因为各学院的课程相同 有时候
Because every college offers the same courses,
你得去其它学院上课
sometimes you’ll be taught in different colleges.
就是因为各个学院都有自己所专长的领域
Only because each college has like different teams
以及专家和团队
and pools of specialists in different fields.
所有的大一学生住在那边
All the first years live just over there,
我们现在就去那里看看
so we’ll go through there now and take a look.
这里是韦斯特路 住的都是学生
So this is West Road, which is packed full of students so,
左边是K区
on your left here we have K Block,
是凯斯学院的宿舍区
which is a Caius accommodation
明年我会搬来这里
and I’ll be living there next year.
穿过这里 就是凯斯的新生宿舍区了
Just past that, we have the Caius first year accommodation,
就在哈维内院旁边
which is on the Harvey Court side.
经过那里就是西奇维克街
Past that is Sidgwick, which is where I said
大多数讲座和院系都在那里
most of the lectures are, where the faculties are.
英国文学系也在那里
So my English literature faculty’s there.
我的英国文学课
And if I go to English literature lectures,
是在西奇维克学院上
I’ll be in Sidgwick.
这儿还有几个咖啡厅和能打工的地方
There’s also a few cafés and a few places to work there.
如你所见 这就是小镇中心
So as you can see, this is the center of town.
游客熙熙攘攘
Filled with tourists, which is quite annoying
当跑去图书馆时
when you’re like, running to library,
你就会感觉到剑桥
but you’ll learn that Cambridge
真的是以游客众多闻名于世
is just very famous for the tourists.
我们将要去凯斯学院 就在那儿
We’ll take you down to Caius, which is just down there.
对面就是我们的部分宿舍
And then some of our accommodation opposite.
镇中心的许多学院
A lot of the colleges in the center of town
彼此距离很近 最初你会觉得有点奇怪
are quite near each other and it was a bit weird at first
因为就像来了微缩景观园
because you think you’re coming to a CE,
学院彼此隔开 但实际上
they’d be spaced out, but like literally,
凯斯学院在那 走2分钟就到了三一学院
Caius is there, and then two minutes down is Trinity.
再走5分钟
And then if you walk for another five minutes,
你就到了圣约翰学院
you can find St. John’s.
圣人院在这里
Senate House is just here and basically,
那个楼基本只用来举行毕业典礼
that building is used for graduations.
所以无论你在哪个学院
So, no matter what college you go to,
无论是皇后学院还是国王学院
whether it be Queens or Kings,
毕业典礼都在这里举行
this is the place that you come to to graduate.
刚入校的新生
So during your first moments as a freshers,
一般都会来这里
you will most likely come to this place here.
这是General Tailors制服店
So the General Tailors Robemakers.
在这里可以买到各种剑桥服饰
You’ll go there for all of your Cambridge stash.
想买剑桥连帽衫
So if you want a Cambridge hoodie,
或剑桥蝶形领结
if you want a Cambridge bow tie,
估计没人会戴
don’t know who would wear one,
但如果你想买 这里有很多选择
but if you want one, they have the option.
大部分人都来这里买长袍
Most of us though go there to get our gowns.
这是正宗的凯斯长袍
This actually is the Caius gown.
我们进去看看
So what we’ll go is, we’ll go in and have a look
学生穿的长袍是什么样的
at the kind of gowns that students wear.
通常你需要穿长袍参加正式活动
So usually you wear these to like formal events.
在凯斯 当参加正式宴会时
So for Caius, if you have a formal dinner going on
比如每学期一次的Super Hall宴会
like Super Hall, which happens once a term
你就要在西装外穿上长袍
and you’ll wear your gown on top of usually a suit.
在各种正式场合
These are most likely used for
通常也需要穿长袍
different black tie events as well,
但在学院里
but specifically in college, if you go to something
参加舞会一类活动是不必穿长袍的
like a ball, you won’t have to wear gowns.
所以长袍大多用于学院正式场合
So these are mostly for college events.
这里是玫瑰新月街 实际上这条街
This is Rose Crescent and Caius actually owns
基本都是凯斯学院的
most of this street which means that
也就是说我们有机会在
we get the chance to live here,
大二或大三时住在这里
either in our second or third year.
有人说来剑桥进入一所学院后
So there’s this misconception that when you come
要一直住在学院里
to Cambridge and you enter a college,
这是个误解
you’ll live in the college the entire time.
其实一些学院允许就近居住
While some colleges let you live onsite,
并不需要三年一直住在学院里
you don’t spend your entire three years there typically.
格顿这样的学院有宿舍区
So colleges like Girton will have accommodations,
但允许你住在剑桥和凯斯学院
but around Cambridge and Caius, for example,
周围的餐馆和商店
allow you to live in the rooms
上面的房间里
just above these shops and restaurants.
我们要去一个叫Gardi的餐馆
We’re gonna go to a place called Gardi’s,
这是我们在剑桥最喜欢的地方
which is our absolute favorite place in Cambridge.
他们有当地最好的烤肉串
They do the best kabob here.
晚间活动结束后
There is some competition about
有不少地方可去
where you go after a night out.
比如V.O.L.餐馆
You have the Van of Life, you have the Van of Death,
以及与其名字相对的V.O.D餐馆
which is conveniently opposite the Van of Life.
还有我们最爱的Gardenia餐馆
And then, you have the Gardenia, which is our favorite.
我们到了 这就是Gardi餐馆
So here we are, this is Gardi’s.
他们有全镇最好的信誉
They do probably the best honor in town,
有最好的烤肉串
the best kabab
但最重要的一点
but, most importantly
这里有我所吃过最美味的薯条
they do the best chips that I’ve had here.
-你好-你好
Hiya. – Hello.
请来一份起司薯条
– [Reiss] Can I have one serving of cheesy chips please?
-好-谢谢
– Yeah. – Thank you.
你会注意到Gardi餐馆的墙上
Oh, so you’ll notice that, all along the walls of Gardi’s,
有很多顾客的照片
you have photos of people that have come here.
Gardi餐馆就像一个小社区
So Gardi’s is basically like a really nice community.
他们会给每一位进门的顾客拍个照
So whenever you come in, they’ll like pop a picture of you
然后你就会出现在墙上了
and then you’ll get to be on the wall.
我的起司薯条来了
These are my cheesy chips.
此刻我感到好幸福
I am honestly in bliss right now.
这是我一天中最幸福的时候
This is the highlight of my day.
太好吃了!
They’re so good.
我好开心
I’m so happy.
游览到此就结束了
So that is the tour.
感谢收看 希望你们喜欢
Thanks for joining me, I hope you enjoyed it.
我得继续吃完这些
I’m gonna go and finish these off,
我们下次再见
so I’ll see you around next time.
订阅“红序中心”
Subscribe to Crimson Hub.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

跟着Reiss一起游览剑桥大学

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

AF

审核员

审核员T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNLzlYYyMag

相关推荐