未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

写作让你自信

Buy a Notebook. It Will Make You Confident.

[Music]
[音乐]
It’s a warm summer afternoon
温暖的夏日午后
and a fox by the juicy bunch of grapes hanging from a vine.
一只狐狸路经一棵葡萄树 上面挂满了多汁的葡萄
His mouth waters as he gazes longingly at them.
它渴望地注视着葡萄 口水直流
He jumps to reach the high branch, but misses.
一跃而起去够高高的葡萄枝 但没够到
He tries again and again in vain
屡试屡败后
until he looks at the grapes and disgust.
它厌恶地看着葡萄
What a fool I am, he says,
说:“我真是个傻瓜
wearing myself out for a bunch of sour grapes.
为了一串酸葡萄让自己精疲力尽”
And he walks away sour and scornful.
然后带着酸楚和轻蔑 离开了
Now this fox clearly has issues,
这只狐狸显然有问题
maybe some disorganized attachment from childhood trauma
可能是童年创伤或适应不良的应对机制
or maladaptive coping mechanisms.
造成的紊乱型依恋
But in other words, this fox is behaving like a [Mute].
但换言之 这只狐狸表现得像个[消音]
And no matter how minimalistic we are
当情绪问题不断累积时
when it comes to collecting emotional issues,
无论我们多么大事化小小事化无
we’re all hoarders.
我们都是情绪囤积者
So luckily as adults,
幸运的是 作为成年人
there are things that we can do to maintain our mental sanity.
我们可以做一些事情来保持心理健康
And this is where writing comes in.
而这就是写作的用途
Despite the fact that some professional writers
尽管一些职业作家
can raise more concerns than reassurance about them.
可以引起更多对此的忧虑 而非慰籍
The practice of writing on a personal level,
个人层面的写作实践
especially for no one else to see,
尤其是无人赏阅的私人写作
can have benefits that supercharge so many different aspects of our life.
能给我们生活的各方面带来好处
And so, I feel like it’s such a shame that
因此 我觉得这太遗憾了
either because of bad teaching when we were younger,
要么是因为我们年轻时的不良教育
or kind of intimidation as we are adults,
要么源于成年后的威胁
we don’t incorporate enough of
导致我们未将足够的
the easy methods of writing into our life.
简单的写作方法 融入自己的生活
And all this stuff does not need to be complicated.
而这一切都不复杂
One of the methods I’m going to talk about today
我今天要讲的一个方法
doesn’t even require us to be literate,
甚至不需要我们识字
but we can truly write our anxieties away.
却能让我们真正通过写作消除自身焦虑
So if you’re also curious about this,
因此 如果你也对此感到好奇
this is what the experts evidence-based methods.
这就是专家循证法
And some of my little experience
以及我的一些关于用写作
has to say about incorporating writing to improve your life.
来改善生活的粗浅的经验
Let’s get straight into it.
让我们直入主题吧
In a 2001 study,
在2001年的一项研究中
35 freshmen were made to write about
要求35名大一新生持续写下
their deepest thoughts and feelings
他们内心最深刻的想法和感受
as terrifying as that sounds consistently.
尽管这听起来很可怕
And after seven weeks,
七周后
they were found to have larger working memories
发现他们的工作记忆容量更大
and also self-reported a lot less intrusive negative thoughts.
并且 他们自述困扰他们的负面想法也少了很多
This implies that offloading our worries into free-form writing
这意味着 用自由写作排忧解难
can then free up mental space
可以释放我们用来
that we are able to use for completing tasks
完成任务的精神空间
and leaving our lives more happily.
让生活更快乐
Just 10 minutes of writing,
仅仅十分钟的写作
what is currently cluttering up our mind,
写下现在让我们脑子乱成一团的东西
can really help lessen our overwhelm.
真的可以帮助我们减轻压力
This is called expressive writing.
这就是表达性写作
And there is a whole book on this which you can read.
你们可以去读 有一整本与此相关的书
And it has a bunch of prompts that you can use,
书中有很多你可以使用的提示
like for example, what is keeping you up at night.
比如 什么让你彻夜失眠
But because there tends to be a long list of that,
但由于这份清单往往很长
my personal favorite prompt to write about is
我个人最喜欢的写作提示是
what is currently making me feel as though I’m being punched in the guts.
当下让我有被人朝肚子打了一拳的感觉的那些
I feel as though I always have a very specific answer to this,
我觉得自己好像总有一个很具体的答案
and it always helps me feel a lot calmer afterwards.
它总在之后让我感觉平静很多
Even personally, I always have noticed that
就我个人而言 我总是注意到
there is a big difference between just experiencing negative thoughts internally
在内心遭受消极想法和尝试用文字表达这些想法之间
and trying to put them into words.
有很大的区别
Because when I do this,
因为当我这样做时
I can then kind of take a step back
我可以退一步
and understand a bit better what is going on.
更好地理解正在发生的事情
I found it really interesting when I was younger,
我年轻时发现一件很有趣的事
that the Inuit have tons of words for snow,
因纽特人有很多关于雪的词
which made me think that
这让我觉得
they must be able to appreciate snow a lot more than I am.
他们肯定比我更懂雪
And in the same way, when I’m just feeling things
同样的 当我在感受事物时
and it’s really vague,
感觉非常模糊
it doesn’t have any words.
无法用任何语言表达
I’m really confused, overwhelmed.
我真的很困惑 不知所措
When I try to make sense of this experience in words
当我试着用语言来解释这种经历时
either spoken in therapy or written,
无论是在治疗中说出来还是写出来
it really really helps me kind of gain perspective
这真的帮助我获得了某种视角
and understand what is going on.
明白发生了什么
And in a way, it kind of disempowers all the negativity and the feelings
某种程度上 这消除了所有消极情绪和感受
which can often be very overwhelming.
而这些情绪往往让人崩溃
You can do this activity by writing down.
你能通过写作来完成它
I prefer to do it electronically for two main reasons.
而我更喜欢电子写作 主要有两个原因
First, simply being that, I can type a lot faster,
首先 简单地说 我能更快地打字
and therefore, keep up with my continuing thoughts.
因而跟上我连续不断的想法
But the second reason is
而第二个原因是
because I don’t run into the risk or fear of
我不需要冒险或害怕
someone picking up the piece of paper
有人拿起那张纸
and thinking that I need to be sectioned.
认为我有必要入院治疗
Sometimes I think that if I don’t have a proper word for something,
有时我想 若我没有一个合适的词来形容某事
I don’t even know what it means,
我甚至不知道它是什么意思
and please describe this a lot better than I can
请给我一个好得多的描述
because he’s a proper writer.
因为他是一位称职的作家
When he said, “we stay on the outside of our impressions,
他说:“我们停留在印象之外
as if staring at them through a frosted window,
如同透过结霜的窗户凝视
superficially related to them,
表面与之相关
yet estranged from whatever has eluded casual definition”,
却与任何随机定义毫不相关”
which basically means,
基本上这意味着
it’s quite difficult to fully embrace the things that we don’t have words for,
我们很难完全接受自己无法用语言表达
or that we cannot define properly.
或无法正确定义的东西
If you’re anything like me,
如果你像我一样
my top tips for expressive writing are to do it electronically.
我对表达性写作的首要建议就是电子写作
So you can type a lot faster
所以 你能更快地打字
to just type every single thing
输入你此刻
that you are thinking of at the moment,
想到的每件事
just in a tone that you would speak to yourself.
仅仅用一种自言自语的语气
It’s not like writing.
这与写作不同
It’s almost like speaking.
它更像说话
In a way I like to write about what’s making me currently feel
某种程度上 我喜欢写那些
as though I’m being punched in the gut,
现下让我感觉似乎内心被重击的东西
because it really brings out those strong emotions.
因为这的确能激发那些强烈的情绪
Next, and this is very important, is not stopping.
接下来这点很重要 别停下来
I like to write as much as possible
我喜欢尽可能多次地写作
because I have this bad habit of rereading what I’ve written.
因为我有反复阅读自己文章的坏习惯
But when I’m doing expressive writing, I tend to not do this.
而当我在表达性写作时 往往不会这么做
I just kind of try to continue as much as possible.
我只是尽可能地继续写
And as it is not showing your writing to others,
因为别人不会读到你的作品
this is an activity that I do only for myself,
这是只为自己而做的事
and I feel like that’s when it has the most benefits.
我觉得这才是最大的好处
Because if I think that there’s any slight chance of
因为如果我意识到有些许可能
someone reading what I’m writing,
有人在读我写的东西
it always changes.
总会有所不同
And sometimes not in the best ways.
而这有时并非好事
And in the end, I very often just delete what I’ve written.
最后 我经常会删掉自己写的东西
And it’s gone. It’s disappeared.
它不见了 消失了
And I can be at peace
我能平静下来
and feel a lot more organized with my thoughts.
感觉自己的思绪更有条理
If you want to go really wild,
如果你想疯狂一下
there’s this website where if you don’t type for long enough,
有一个网站 如果你打字的时长不够
it will delete everything that you’ve written.
就会删除你写的一切
So it forces you to keep writing continuously.
从而迫使你不断地写下去
This causes too much anxiety for me,
这给我带来了太多的焦虑
but I know that it works very well for some people.
但我知道这个网站对一些人很有效
So I just wanted to mention it here.
所以我就想在这提一下
This is just the simplest, easiest, most repetitive way
这就是最简单 最容量 最能多次
that you can keep in touch with your feelings.
维持自身感受的方式
But I have a full video,
而我有段完整的视频
if you’re curious on how I do self CBT
若你对我进行自我认知行为治疗的方式
and the questions I ask myself
以及要求自己写的
to write about my thoughts and feelings,
关于自身想法和感受的问题感到好奇
which is a bit more organized, if you’re into that.
若你对此感兴趣 会更有条理一点
So apparently, there’s this way
很显然 有一种方法
where you can write yourself into
通过我认为非常有趣的写作练习
feeling slightly more confident immediately and temporarily
你能让自己瞬间短暂地
by doing this exercise which I found super interesting.
感觉稍微自信一点
And you can try it alongside me right now if you like.
若你愿意 现在可以和我一起试试
For this magic trick, you will require a pen,
要完成这项魔术 你需要一支笔
a piece of paper and a preference for one of your hands.
一张纸和一只你想用的手
So the first thing you need to do
所以你要做的第一件事
is rate how confident you feel at the moment from one to seven.
就是从1到7给自己的自信程度打分
One being not confident at all,
1分代表完全不自信
and seven being very confident.
7分代表自信十足
The next thing you want to do is look at this list of words,
下一步你要做的是看看这张单词列表
and you want to pick three words or adjectives
挑三个词或形容词
that describe aspects of yourself that you like,
来描述自己喜欢的方面
and three words that describe characteristics about yourself that you don’t like.
另选三个词来描述自己讨厌的特点
Then with your dominant hand,
然后用你的主利手
you are going to write the characteristics that you like about yourself.
写下你喜欢的自身的特点
And with your non-dominant hand,
用你的非利手
you are going to write the characteristics that you don’t like about yourself.
写下你讨厌的自身的特点
In the very end, you’re going to rate again
最后 你要再次从1到7
how confident you feel about yourself from one to seven.
给自己的自信程度打分
When the psychologists Pablo Brinol ran this experiment,
当心理学家巴勃罗·布里诺进行这个实验时
he found that participants had a significant increase
他发现参与者在做此练习前后
in their reported levels of confidence
其自述的自信水平
before and after doing this exercise
有了显著提高
which I found so funny.
我觉得这很有趣
The theory is that we tend to distrust and lose confidence in the things
该理论认为 我们往往会对非利手写的东西
that we write with our non-dominant hand.
丧失信任和信心
So this can be a way of kind of lessening the impact of our negative beliefs
因此 用非利手把我们的消极想法写下来
by just writing them down with the hand that you prefer the least.
可以减轻其对自身的影响
I think it’s quite fun to see
我觉得很有意思的是
how you can turn yourself into becoming less convinced about something
你能通过改变自己写东西的方式
just by switching the way that you write things up.
让自己变得不那么确信一些事
Also it, at the very least, does show that
同样的 至少它确实表明
there are ways that we can very easily, significantly
我们能非常容易地 显著地
change our negative beliefs about ourselves
改变对自己的负面想法
and how malleable ourselves both are
以及自身的可塑性
which I found really really interesting.
这两点我都觉得非常有趣
I just wanted to add, if you don’t have a dominant hand,
我只想补充一句 若你没有主利手
I apologize.
我道歉
This exercise might not work for you.
这个练习可能不适合你
When Ronald Reagan would zone out he do cowboys,
当罗纳德·里根走神时 他会画牛仔
John Kennedy sketch dominoes
约翰·肯尼迪画多米诺骨牌
and Theodore Roosevelt like to draw children
西奥多·罗斯福喜欢画孩子
which honestly I wish I hadn’t read.
老实说 我希望自己没读到过
But basically, the act of doodling
但基本上 涂鸦
or just putting pen to paper in a form of distraction
或只是用笔在纸上分散注意力的行为
is not actually procrastination
实际上并非我们年轻时常被告知的
or not paying attention which we were very often told when we were younger.
拖延或注意力不集中
Actually, doodling has been shown to be very good for our attention.
事实上 涂鸦对我们的注意力很有帮助
Because in a study where two groups of people
在一项研究中 要求两组人
were made to listen to a very boring message,
听一条非常无聊的信息
the half which was allowed to doodle while doing this
其中一半人在做此事时被允许涂鸦
reported back 29% better attention
结果显示他们的注意力比另一半
than the half which was doing nothing.
啥都不做的人高出29%
So even though when we were younger,
所以 即使我们年轻时
we might have been told it was rude
或许会被告知这是粗鲁的
or not been allowed to doodle while we do things,
抑或在做事时不允许涂鸦
it’s actually a lot better for learning.
但它的确对学习大有好处
Now, not only does letting our hands roam free on paper
现在 当我们在做其他事情时
while we are doing other things improve our focus,
让双手在纸上自由涂鸦 不仅能提高注意力
but it also has been shown in a few studies
并且一些研究表明
to improve psychological distress.
这可以改善心理困扰
And this doesn’t mean that you need a full art lesson
这并不意味着你要上一堂完整的艺术课
and to draw Michelangelo level work.
来画米开朗基罗级别的作品
In these studies, we were just drawing
在这些研究中 我们只是画
circles or triangles or squares or arrows,
圆形 三角形 正方形或箭头
basically anything you can do
基本上 你画的任何东西
will help improve your focus.
都能帮你提高注意力
I have a personal preference for drawing eyes when I zone out.
我个人比较喜欢在走神时画眼睛
And honestly, I haven’t done it in a while
说实话 我有段时间没画了
because I thought it was rude.
因为我觉得这很无礼
But after reading about these studies,
但在阅读这些研究之后
I’ve kind of changed my mind on the act of doodling
我对涂鸦或随手画画的总体想法
or just randomly drawing in general.
有所改变
And I’m using it as a form of non-verbal writing.
我把它当作一种非语言的写作方式
So if I don’t want to be fully mentally engaged in my emotions
因此 如果我不想完全沉浸在自己的情绪
or the things that I’m thinking about.
或正在思考的事情中
And sometimes I don’t actually want to explore all that mess.
有时我真的不想去想那些乱七八糟的东西
It can be just helpful to kind of
它可以帮助你
draw lose focus, zone out and just exist.
分散注意力 关注当下
While doing these manual activities,
在动手画画的时候
which I find to be very very helpful with very little pressure again.
我再一次发现这十分有助于减少压力
Because no one’s ever going to see them.
因为没人会看到你写的东西
So I wanted to add this way of writing for improving our lives
由于这种写作方式往往很有趣
because it tends to be quite fun.
所以我想用它来改善生活
It’s almost a non-verbal way
这几乎是一种非语言的方式
to keep writing and improve your attention, focus, mood and confidence.
来保持写作 提高你的注意力 情绪和信心
I also wanted to add a quote which I found quite funny.
我还想引用一句我觉得很有趣的话
That said: in the first place,
说的是:最初
very little thinking was ever done in English.
几乎无人用英语思考
It’s a rationalizing language, not a rational one.
它是一种合理化的语言 而非理性的语言
So if you also like me, tend to do most of your thinking in English,
因此若你也像我一样 倾向于用英语思考
then it might be helpful to kind of ignore this and draw instead.
那么忽略这一点 转而画画或许有所帮助
The foundational basic logic of science
科学的基本逻辑
I find is absolutely core in any act of
我发现这绝对是我生活中
thinking, feeling or emotional processing that I do in my life.
任何思考 感觉或情感处理的核心
And for this reason,
出于这一原因
I absolutely love to use Brilliant
我非常喜欢使用Brilliant
which are very kindly sponsoring this video.
它十分善意地赞助了本视频
Project classes on Brilliant are fun,
Brilliant上的项目课程有趣
engaging, entertaining in ways
引人入胜 娱乐性强
that all the traditional classrooms tend to disappointing.
而传统课堂在这方面往往令人失望
I feel as though they’ve found all the mistakes in traditional teaching,
我觉得他们发现了传统教学中的所有错误
and kind of fixed them in a way that I can carry with myself in my pocket.
并以一种可以随身携带的方式纠正了这些
Because I love to do them on my phone.
因为我喜欢在手机上做这些
And also, they’re just saved all the time.
而且一直在自动保存
So I can go right back to them whenever I am lost
所以当我忘记时 可以马上回看
because I tend to forget where I leave things in general.
因为我往往会忘记把东西放在哪儿
If you also want to brush up, maintain or supercharge
如果你还想温习 保持或增强
your learning and understanding skills,
你的学习和理解能力
there are so many classes on logics mathematics and STEM subjects
这里有很多关于逻辑学 数学和STEM的课程
that you can freely pick from.
你可以自由选择
There will be a link in my description
简介中有一个链接
which will give you a discount to Brilliant.
点击注册Brilliant会给你打折
Or you can just check it out in the meantime,
抑或你可以在这段时间内查看一下
but otherwise if you made it so far.
但若你已经注册了 那就另当别论了
Thank you so much for spending the time with me.
非常感谢你们的一路陪伴
I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.
希望你们有一个美好的休息日
Be kind yourself and others, and don’t believe everything you think.
善待自己和他人 不要相信自己所有的想法
Thanks, bye.
谢谢 再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

跟Elizabeth一起学表达性写作吧,提升自己的写作能力,保持心理健康。

听录译者

panda

翻译译者

panda

审核员

审核员EL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfGh3-4JUo

相关推荐