未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

佛说:思想决定未来

Buddha - Your Thoughts Determine Your Future

this video is made possible by Brilliant,
本视频由Brilliant赞助支持
a math and science problem-solving website that makes learning fun and rewarding
一个数学与科学答疑网 让学习轻松有效
In The Dhammapada, Buddha says,
在《法句经》中 佛说
“What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday,
“我们昨日的思想成就今天的我们
and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow
我们现在的思想塑造明天的生活
our life is the creation of our mind”
思想创造生活”
So according to Buddha, our thoughts determine our future.
在佛陀看来 思想决定未来
And what kind of futures are possible?
那么思想会塑造怎样的未来呢?
The Buddha says, “If a man speaks or acts with an impure mind,
佛说 “若以意恶行
suffering follows him
恶语恶身行
as the wheel of the cart follows the beast that draws the cart…
则苦必随彼 如轮随兽足
If a man speaks or acts with a pure mind,
若以意善行 善语善身行
joy follows him as his own shadow.”
则乐必随彼 如影随身形”
So Buddha is saying that there are two possible futures:
所以佛陀认为有两种未来
a future of suffering or a future of joy.
痛苦的或快乐的
And the future you create depends on your thoughts.
你创造的未来取决于你的思想
But how do your thoughts determine your future?
但你的思想是怎样决定你的未来呢?
Well, thought comes before action.
思想先于行动
Think about it.
想想看
Before you move, you have to have a thought about how
在你行动前 你得想好
or where you’re going to move.
行动的方式和目的
Even if you say, “I’m going to stop thinking and
就算你说 那我不想了
move to disprove what you’re saying”
我要用我的行动证明你是错的
you would be contradicting yourself.
那你也是在自相矛盾
Because you’re thinking about that movement right now!
因为刚刚你还是在想要怎么行动
So although there may be some distance between the thought and the action,
因此 尽管想法与行为之间存在时间差
the thought always comes before the action.
想法也总是先于行动
And our actions create our futures—that’s an easy idea to understand.
而行为造就未来 这不难理解
So if your actions depend on your thoughts,
所以 假若思想决定行为
the right thoughts lead to the right actions
正确的思想引导正确的行动
which leads to joy.
而这又造就幸福
But the wrong thoughts lead to the wrong actions
但错误的想法导致错误的行动
which lead to suffering.
这又会产生苦痛
So how do you have the right thought?
因此 怎样才能拥有正确的思想呢?
Thoughts arise out of memory.
思想产生于记忆
You’re thinking right now,
现在你在思考
And what are you thinking in?
你在思考什么呢?
Words, maybe images.
文字 也许是图像
And for the most part, these are words you’ve heard,
大多数情况 你的头脑中浮现的是过去
or images you’ve seen, in the past.
你的所闻所见
Maybe you’ve read them in a book
也许你在书本上见过它
or heard someone else say them.
或听别人说过它
And of course, you can combine your memories to create something new.
当然 你能用你的记忆创造新的东西
We call that imagination,
我们把这叫做想象
but that’s a topic for a different video.
但那是另一个视频的话题了
So if right thought depends on right memory,
因此 若正确的思想取决于正确的记忆
what determines right memory?
那什么造就了正确的记忆呢?
Memory comes from our experiences,
记忆源于经历
and that’s easy enough to understand, so I won’t explain it
这也不难懂 无须赘述
So right memory comes from right experience,
所以正确的记忆源于正确的经历
but what determines right experience?
但什么又决定了正确的经历呢?
Experience comes from attention.
经历源于注意力
There are a lot of things going on around you right now.
你周围有很多事正在发生
Maybe the sun is shining, the air is moving,
也许阳光正明媚 风袭来
the room is warming up, people are walking by
室内气温上升 行人经过
people are working outside, something is going on in India,
有人在外作业 一些事正发生在
or China, or Canada,
印度 中国或加拿大
something’s happening on social media, so on and so forth.
社交媒体上有新的内容 等等
But hopefully, you’re just paying attention to this video.
但希望 你只是在认真看视频
So you’re not really experiencing all of those other things.
于是你就并没有经历除此以外的所有事
Your experience of the world is shaped by where you direct your attention.
你对世界的体验取决于你专注的事物
So right attention leads to right experience.
所以 正确的关注点成就正确的经历
But what determines right attention?
但什么造就正确的关注点呢?
Before I get to that, I wanna return to the quote I read earlier.
谈这之前 我想回到我之前读过的引述
buddhist said that right thought depends on a pure mind
佛教徒说 正确的思想塑造纯洁的心灵
Now that’s a very interesting term: a pure mind.
这里有个很耐人寻味的术语:纯净的心灵
What does purity mean?
纯洁指的是什么?
Imagine a cup of water.
想想一杯水
We can call it pure.
我们能称之纯净
But once we add some contaminant to it,
可一旦我们放入杂质
like food colouring for example,
就像食品色素
we say it’s impure
我们认为它已不纯净
It’s lost its purity.
失去了原本的纯净
So purity is like an original state
所以纯洁就像最开始的水
which can be lost through contamination.
被污染后会失去原本的纯粹
So what is the original state of the mind?
因此 心灵的纯净状态是怎样的呢?
When we were children, everything was new to us.
孩提时 所有事物对我们来说都是新的
We were seeing the world for the first time.
我们第一次看见这个世界
Things caught our attention, and we took the time to notice them.
我们花时间观察吸引我们注意力的事
And for the most part, we followed our interests,
大多数情况 我们追寻我们兴趣所在
we explored the world, and we voluntarily encountered new things.
我们探索世界 主动邂逅新事物
And because of this, we learned so much.
我们也因此习得了许多
But then what happens?
但之后发生了什么?
One day, we come across something new that
有一天 我们遇到了
frightens us or causes us pain.
吓到或伤到我们的新事物
We realize that the world can be a scary and dangerous place,
我们明白了世界也能是个可怕危险的地方
and we have to make a decision:
我们必须要做取舍
do we continue to explore the world
是继续探索世界
and risk encountering the scary and the dangerous,
冒险遇见可怕危险的事物
or do we seek security and comfort?
还是寻求舒适与安全
If we choose security, we stop exploring the world,
如果选择舒适圈 我们就停止了探索
and if we stop exploring the world, we stop learning,
若停止探索世界 我们就停止了学习
and if we stop learning, we stop growing,
若停止学习 我们就停止成长
and if we stop growing, we begin shrinking.
若停止成长 灵魂就会枯萎
We start to decay.
我们就开始颓废
We become weaker and less capable of thriving.
我们变得软弱 无法茁壮成长
So let’s go back to the question I asked earlier:
现在回到我之前的问题
what is right attention?
什么是正确的注意呢?
It’s attention that comes from a pure mind
正确的注意源于纯洁的心灵
a mind uncontaminated by fear.
即不因恐惧而停止探索的心
So the right thoughts lead to the right actions
所以正确的思想引导正确的行为
which lead to joy.
这会带来幸福
So your thoughts determine your future.
因此你的思想决定你的未来
And right memory leads to right thought,
而正确的记忆产生正确的思想
right experience leads to right memory,
正确的经验产生正确的记忆
and right attention leads to right experience.
正确的注意又产生正确的经验
And what is right attention?
正确的注意是什么?
An attention that voluntarily explores the world with courage.
是主动探索世界的勇气
An attention that leaves its comfort zone,
是敢于走出舒适区
that follows its genuine interests into the unknown
带着赤子之心探索未知
and discovers something new and transformative.
发现新的和具有改革意义事物的力量
An attention still capable of learning and growth.
它让你还有学习与成长的能力
It’s attention uncontaminated by fear.
它未被恐惧所污染
Who would all the hero’s of our stories be
不管是哈利波特 佛罗多还是凯特尼斯
whether it’s Harry Potter, Frodo, or Katniss
如果他们从未离开舒适圈 克服恐惧
if they never left behind the world of comfort, overcame fear,
主动面对未知的世界
and voluntarily confronted the unknown world?
又怎样能当我们故事中的英雄呢?
So if fear is the ultimate contaminant of attention,
因此注意的根本致污物是恐惧
how do we remove it?
我们怎样根除呢?
I actually talked about this in another video
实际上 我在另一个视频中讲过这个
titled /Buddha – Conquer Fear, Become Free/.
标题是 佛说:克服恐惧 解放身心
I’ll put a link to it in the description,
我会在简介放上链接
But before you go
但点进之前
go please consider liking this video if you like it
如果喜欢这个视频 麻烦点个赞
Something about the introduction of another video and a website
以下的内容是关于推荐的视频与赞助网站

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

思想为什么而又怎样决定未来呢? 视频开头引用了从佛经中录出的偈颂集《法句经》的观点,认为我们注意力所在之处成了我们的经历,而我们的经历又成了我们的记忆,记忆又塑造了我们的思想,而思想引导行为,行为又最终影响未来。而视频里的关键词如attention experience memory thoughts action future互相作用产生连锁反应。 视频中有一道很有趣的选择题:当探索世界时遇到了困难与恐惧,你是要走出舒适圈探索新世界,还是恐惧新事物而止步不前? 你的答案是什么呢? 但不论怎样,就像《法句

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

eadahhow

审核员

审核员CF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89oEA2l8Bc

相关推荐