未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

比尔盖茨的10条成功经验

Bill Gates's Top 10 Rules For Success (@BillGates)

他长踞福布斯富豪榜
He consistently ranks in the Forbes list of the world’s wealthiest people.
他是个人电脑革命中
He’s one of the best known entrepreneurs
最著名的企业家之一
of the personal computer revolution.
他是美国第二大慈善家
He’s the second most generous philanthropist in America,
向慈善机构捐赠了超过280亿美元
having given over twenty-eight billion dollars to charity.
他就是比尔•盖茨
He’s Bill Gates,
下面是他的十条最重要的成功法则
and here are his top ten rules for success.
当我创立微软时
When I started Microsoft,
我并没觉得它有那么大风险
I didn’t think of it as all that risky.
我是说 自己当时正为所做的事感到兴奋
I mean, I was so excited about what we were doing.
我的确有可能破产
It’s true (that) I could have gone bankrupt.
但是 我有许多很好找工作的技能
uh,but, I had a set of skills that were highly employable, and,
而且实际上 如果我想要继续学业的话
in fact, my parents were still willing to let me go back to Harvard
我父母也愿意让我重回哈佛
and finish my education if I wanted to.
比尔你已经是我的同事了(笑声)
You’ve always got a job with me, Bill. (laughter) And,
我唯一害怕的
the only, the thing that was scary to me,
不是退学创业
wasn’t quitting and starting the company,
而是我开始雇佣我的朋友们
it was when I started hiring my friends,
他们还想着会有工资
and they expected to be paid.
当时我们有的客户破产了
uh…(laughter)…and then we had customers who went bankrupt,
这些客户关系到公司的存亡
customers that I counted on to come through,
于是我采取了非常保守的方法
and so then I, I got this incredibly conservative approach
我想保证有足够的银行存款
that I wanted to have enough money
来支付一年的工资
in the bank to pay a year’s worth of payroll, uh,
即使我们没有一分钱的进账
even if we didn’t get any payments coming in
那段时间我基本上就是那么做的
and I’m almost, uh, true to that the whole time,
现在我们大约有一百亿美元
we have about ten billion now,
足够付明年的工资了(笑声)
which is pretty much enough for the next year. Uh…(laughter) Uh….(laughter)
如果你想创立一家公司
A-anyway, you know, I…if you’re going to start a company,
这需要花费很多的精力
it takes so much energy, that,
你最好能
you know, you’d…you’d better
克服对风险的恐惧
overcome your, your feeling of risk.
我觉得
I don ’ t think that you necessarily,
如果你想创业
if you ’ re gon na start a company,
你不一定要把它当做职业生涯的起点
should do it at the start of your career.
我觉得先在一家公司打工
I think there’s a lot to be said
学习他们是怎么做事的
for working for a company
是一个很明智的选择
learning how they do things,
如果你很年轻 租房子会很麻烦
If you’re young, it’s hard to go and lease premises.
这给我造成了困难
They made that hard for me.
不满25岁的时候
You couldn ’ t run a car when you
你不能开车
were under 25 at the time, so I
所以我总是打车去见客户
was always taking taxis to go see customers.
别人会说
People would say,
我们去酒吧讨论吧
“ well we ’ re gonna go have a discussion in the bar ”. Well,
可我不能进酒吧
I couldn’t go to the bar.
这很有意思
That ’ s fun.Because I ’ ll tell you,
因为人们一开始会持有怀疑
when people are first sceptical and they go
他们会觉得 这小孩什么也不懂
“ this kid doesn ’ t know anything ”,
然后当你显示出
then when you show them you ’ ve
你已经有个好产品 你懂得还不少
really got a good product and you know something,
他们就往往会产生浓厚的兴趣
they actually tend to go overboard
他们会想 哇 他们懂得挺多
and they think “ wow…they know a lot.
我们来和他们做一大单吧
Let’s really do an incredible amount with these people”.
所以至少在这个国家
So our youth, at least in this country,
年轻是你在
was a huge asset for us
达到一定门槛后的一大资本
once we reached a certain threshold.
雇佣年纪大的员工很困难
It is hard to hire older people because,
因为他们对于是否承担风险
they ’ ll be a little bit conservative
会比较保守
about whether they should come and take the risk.
我们需要三到四年
It took 3 or 4 years first
才能进入正常的人才市场
before we could go out into the normal employment pool.
但你最好把那些创业的困难
But those problems that come from starting a firm,
当做一件愉悦的事
you better think of those as part of the pleasure,
它是一种挑战 也是一种惊喜
part of the challenge that is part of the excitement.
我想为此感谢哈佛大学
I want to thank Harvard for this honour.
我明年会换工作
I’ll be changing my job next year,
简历上终于有一个大学文凭很棒
and it will be nice to finally have a college degree on my resume.
我很赞赏顺利毕业的学生
I applaud the graduates for taking a much more direct route to your degrees.
对我而言 我很高兴Crimson称我为
From my part, I ’ m just happy that the Crimson called me,
哈佛最成功的辍学者
“ Harvard’s most successful dropout ”.
这让我成为班上的告别演说者 而这个班只有我
I guess that makes me valedictorian of my own special class.
我是失败中的人里面最棒的
I did the best of everyone who failed.
但是我依然想被认可
But I also want to be recognised
像从商业学校辍学的史蒂夫·鲍尔默那样
as the guy who got Steve Ballmer to drop out of business school.
我是个影响不好的人
I’m a bad influence.
这就是我被邀请到你们的毕业礼原因
That’s why I was invited to speak at your graduation.
如果我谈及你们的志向 今天出席的人会更少
If I ’ d spoken at your orientation…fewer of you might be here today.
我常有会议
I’m in meetings a lot.
我的日程排的很满 有各种事情
My calendar gets very full with those and then
在孩子们每晚上床睡觉后
at night after the kids have gone to bed,
我处理大量的邮件
I’m on email a great deal.
这是我在一天中获取的信息
I get messages during the day,
我有时间详细回复了
that ’ s my chance to give long responses.
在周末 我也会发送大量邮件
Then over the weekend, I send a lot of mail as well.
在一年中会花两周时间来休息进行阅读和思考
I take 2 weeks a year to just go off and read and think.
那时我不会被工作或其他事情打断
Where I’m not interrupted by work or anything else.
我只是坚持去设想未来
I’m just solidly trying to think about the future and,
去理解人们给我传达的东西
people get to send me things to read
作为思考周的组成部分
as part of that so-called “ think week ”.
所以这是好的事情的整合
So it’s a nice mix of things.
将近25%的时间外出与欧亚洲顾客会面
About 25% of the time that I’m out, travelling around, meeting with customers: Europe, Asia.
这种方式让我思考
That sort of helps me think,
我们是否拥有优先权
do we have the right priorities?
人们对什么反响积极
What are people responding well to?
他们想要我们哪方面做得更好
What will they like to see us do better?
你好我是比尔•盖茨 微软的首席执行官
Hello,I’m Bill Gates, Chairman of Microsoft.
在这个视频中 你将看到未来即视窗
In this video, you’re going to see the future. Windows.
微软在1983年首次有了视窗这一概念
Microsoft first came up with the Windows concept back in 1983.
如今主要的微软用户已经转变到视窗环境
Today the leading software users have switched into the Windows environment.
我们强大的应用速度快到难以置信
It ’ s really incredible how quickly our powerful applications
如同被使用的Word Excel PPT一样
like Word and Excel and PowerPoint have been adopted.
不限于微软 还有完美文书和Lotus等公司
It’s not just Microsoft applications, even companies like WordPerfect and Lotus,
与微软应用一同出现
have now come out with Windows applications.
每周我们都会看到新的创新工作
Every week we see new innovative work.
所有的创新在工厂中都是极具吸引力的
It’s really attracting all the innovation in the industry.
我们以前就预示未来 如今我们来到了未来
We predicted this a long time ago and now it ’ s the future.
最关键的是 你可以
The key point there is, you ’ ve got
每天做你喜欢的事情
to enjoy what you do every day and for me,
我则是与各种聪明人一起工作
that ’ s working with various smart people,
来解决新问题
it’s working on new problems.
我们每一次都在想
Every time we think,
嘿 我们取得了一点成功
“ hey, we ’ ve had a little bit of success ”,
我们很小心地不去想太多
we ’ re pretty careful not to dwell
因为困难已经产生
on it too much because the bar gets raised.
我热爱Bridge
I love Bridge.
它有助于你去思考
Bridge helps you think.
这是一场可以玩一辈子的游戏
It ’ s a game you can play
可以让生活变得更好
your entire life and keep getting better and better
我认为在Bridge做得好的人
I think anybody who ’ s good at Bridge,
能够将很多事情简化
is going to degrade a lot of things so,
我真的鼓励人们去试一试
I really encourage people to get involved and I want
我想要感谢那些为青少年而考虑的人
to thank the people who ’ ve put things together for juniors.
他们余生都会感谢你
They ’ ll be thanking you the rest
因为Bridge是一种很好的锻炼
of their life ‘ cause bridge is such a great sport.
我与父亲谈话
I ’ ve talked to my dad, I
与沃伦交谈
’ ve talked to Warren, I ’ ve
也与我的妻子米琳达交流
talked to my wife Melinda so,
有足够多的人了解我
I have enough people that know me and
知道我在什么时候判断出错 这是最强的
actually know where my judgement is not it ’ s strongest.
我对什么过于热情或是忘记
Where I get over excited about something or forget to think
去思考一些事情
about something and so,
他们总是能够很好的纠正我 尤其米琳达
They ’ re good at correcting, particularly Melinda,
总能很好的纠正盲点而不论在哪
good at correcting whatever those blind spots are.
我激励你的朋友或建议者
I think it ’ s good to encourage
去给予他们许可
your friends and advisors to really give them that license.
我可以参加一个派对
I can go to a party and forget
当时忘了和各种各样的人打招呼
to say hello to various people or something.
那是我盲点中的一小部分
– That’s a very minor example of my blindspots.
而并不是对女主人
– Not to the hostess.
米琳达经常帮我做这些是啊
– Melinda would help me do that.- Yeah, she would.
你可以在关键事情求助于少数几个人
A small number of people that you can turn to
这是一笔宝贵财富
on certain key things is a great asset.
我最好的商业决策便是挑选人才
My best business decisions really have to do with picking people.
保罗艾伦是我列表上的第一位
Deciding to go into partnership with Paul Allen is probably
所以我和他合伙 然后依次是
at the top of the list then subsequently,
朋友史蒂芬·鲍尔默和你完全信任的人
hiring a friend, Steve Ballmer and having somebody who you totally trust,
那些完全忠实的人
who ’ s totally committed,
那些分享你的看法却又与你有些稍微不同的
who shares your vision and yet has a little bit different set
技能和表现
of skills and also acts as a check on you.
你提出的一些想法
Some of the ideas you come up with, you
你将通过他们实行因为你知道
run by them because you know they ’ re going
他们会说 等一下
to say, “ wait a minute.
你已经想过了吗
Have you thought about this and that?”
这些人身上的闪光点的好处
The benefit of sparking off of somebody
即那些拥有才华的人
whose got that kind of brilliance,
不仅仅使之变得有趣
it ’ s not only made it fun,
同时也能走向成功 所以
but it ’ s really led to a lot of success. So,
挑选伙伴是至关重要的
picking a partner is crucial.
我有一个在大学时养成的习惯
I had one habit that I developed when I was at college.
它实际上是一个坏习惯
It was actually a very bad habit, which was,
我喜欢让别人觉得我
I liked to show people that I didn ’ t
不去做任何工作 也不去
do any work and I didn ’ t go to
上课而且我也毫不关心
classes and I didn ’ t care.
直到最后时刻 比如在考试前的两天
Then at the very last minute, like two days before the test,
我变得对它认真起来
I ’ d get serious about it.
人们会觉得那样很有趣 那就是我的定位 那个家伙什么也不干直到最后一分钟
People thought that was funny. That was my positioning: the guy who did nothing until the last minute.
当我开始创业 那确实是一个坏习惯
Then when I went into business, that was a really bad habit.
我用了两年时间才把它改正过来
It took me a couple of years to get over that.
没有人夸奖我 因为我会将事情留到最后
Nobody praised me because I would do things at the last minute.
我曾经试图变成一个
I tried to reverse to students that I didn
我不觉得有多好的学生
’ t think that highly of, who were
也就是那种总是规划事情并准时完成的人
always organised and had things done on time.
我依旧在努力克服它
– I ’ m still working
但是拖延症不是一个好习惯
on it but procrastination is not a good habit.
比尔可以在车里面换衣服
– Bill can change clothes in the car…
所以我向比尔盖茨提出挑战
So I ’ m gon na challenge Bill Gates,
雪莉·桑德伯克即脸书创办者和网飞公司
my partner on Facebook Sheryl Sandberg and Netflix
创办者总裁里德·黑斯廷斯
’ s founder and CEO Reed Hastings.
我很高兴能参加ALS
I’m glad to give to ALS.
这是很好的项目
It’s a great cause.
我想去接受这个挑战
But I want to accept this challenge.
我想比之前做过的要好
I want to do it better than it’s been done.
来完成它吧
Been working on this.
设计完成
Got this design.
让我们开始
There we go.
它看起来不错
It’s gonna be great.
我以冰桶挑战的方式
I ’ m here to join the people bringing attention
呼吁人们关注卢格里克病的群体
to Lou Gehrig’s disease by taking the ALS ice bucket challenge.
我将挑战3个人艾伦·马斯克
I’m gonna challenge 3 more people.
赖安·格里斯特和克里斯·安德森 看你们了
Elon Musk, Ryan Seacrest and Chris Anderson of Ted, consider yourself challenged.
你们有24个小时 祝你们好运
You have 24 hours. Good luck.
#人们啊 让我来告诉你关于我最好朋友的事他是一个热心人并关爱我到最后#
#People let me tell you ‘bout my best friend. He’s a warm-hearted person who’ll love me to the end.#
#他是很好的男孩 我的一切骄傲欢乐#
#People let me tell you ‘bout my best friend. He’s the one boy, cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.#
#让我来告诉你关于他的有趣之处 我们是否谈论一个又一个的人#
#People let me tell you ‘bout him, he’s so much fun. Whether we’re talking man to man…#
#我们是否谈论一个又一个孩子 因为他是我最好的朋友#
#…or whether we’re talking son to son ‘cause he’s my best friend.#
你真的能从站着的地方跳跃过一个椅子吗
Is it true that you can leap over a chair from a standing position?
这取决于椅子的尺寸
It depends on the size of the chair.
我有一点说谎
I’ll cheat a little bit.
#什么是爱#
#What is love?#
顺便提一下
By the way,
赢家和输家是存在的 尤其是是否获取自由方面
I believe in winners and losers and especially the freedom to fail.
-他吗
– Who him?
他吗
Who him?
我吗
Me?
-他吗
– Who him?
他吗
Who him?
什么
What?
#我不知道当你不在这的时候#
#I don’t know when you’re not there…#
-没门#什么是爱 亲爱的别伤害我#

– No way!- #What is love? Baby don’t hurt me…# Oh,
行动
behave.
非常感谢您的观看
Thank you so much for watching.
应你们一部分人的要求做了这个视频
I made this video because a bunch of you guys were asking me to.
这是著名企业家
So if there ’ s a famous entrepreneur
下次你想我制作
that you want me to profile next,
下方留下评论 我会看能做些什么
leave in the comments below and I ’ ll see what I can do.
我很好奇你们如何看待
I ’ m also curious to know what you think
比尔•盖茨这个企业家
of Bill Gates as an entrepreneur and,
在十条中的哪条与你共鸣
which of the ten rules most resonates with you.
在下方留下你的评论
Leave it below in the comments and I
我也会参与讨论
’ m gon na join the discussion.
非常感谢您的观看
Thank you so much for watching.
我相信不久之后再见
Continue to believe and I’ll see you soon.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

在这条视频中,你将会看到不一样的比尔盖茨和那些他与众不同的想法

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Signal

审核员

审核员 HZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-gba5nMrc

相关推荐