ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

盖茨和Ed Yong讨论微生物的价值 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

盖茨和Ed Yong讨论微生物的价值

Bill Gates and Ed Yong Talk About Microbes

在我们工作的传染病基金会
Well, at the foundation where we work on infectious disease,
一些会议上 人们会问 “肠道细菌对传染病有影响吗?
there’ll be meetings where people say, “Oh, did gut bacteria affect this?
或是说传染疾病的昆虫身上有细菌”
Or there’s a bacteria in this insect.”
因此 基金会的首席执行官找到这本书 到我这来给了我一本复印版并提出
And Sue, who’s the CEO of the foundation found this book and came in and handed me a copy and said,
哇 这书为人们呈现出了这个令人惊讶的现象
“Oh, this really shows the landscape of this amazing phenomenon
细菌对所有的生命形态是如此重要
of how microbes are such a key part of all life forms.”
对的 因此我去看了这个无菌设备 他们在无菌泡沫中对小鼠进行培养
That’s right. So I went to this germ-free facility where they raise mice in these sterile bubbles.
这类小鼠不是太多 在它们一生中从没有遇到过细菌
Those mice do not contain multitudes. They’ve never seen bacteria in their lives.
并且因此 它们的身体发生了想不到的变化
And because of that their bodies did unexpected things
如果它们没有收到正确的细菌信号
like their bones and their blood vessels don’t develop in the right way
它们的骨头和血管就不能正常的发育
if they don’t encounter the right microbial signals.
在我们工作中对你描述的现象有种想法 沃尔巴克氏体属生活在昆虫体内
One thing we work on you describe is this idea that Wolbachia lives inside insects.
埃及伊蚊事件中 蚊子能降低它携带疾病的能力
And in the case of the Aedes Aegypti mosquito can actually reduce its ability to be disease-carrying.
或许我们能通过把沃尔巴克氏体移植入埃及伊蚊中 来控制所有的疾病
The idea that we might be able to control all these diseases
这一想法让我大吃一惊
by implanting Wolbachia into the Aedes Aegypti mosquito just blows my mind.
最初发现沃尔巴克氏体时没有人注意
And Wolbachia when it was first discovered was ignored.
花了很长的时间
It took a lot of time before people realized that it had the potential
人们才意识到 它有可能以一种积极的方式影响人类的健康
to influence human health in such a positive way.
微生物组和这个是非常像的 长期被人忽略 而最近又被人重视
The microbiome is very much like that. Long ignored and now only recently appreciated.
我所预期的微生物之间的联系最后用到的地方
I think the last place I would have expected any microbiome connection
是神经学上的疾病如帕金森症
is a neurological disease like Parkinson’s.
在微生物组和肠道 大脑 以及行为举止之间有许多有趣的联系
There’s so many interesting links between the microbiome and the gut and brain and behavior.
我认为微生物组为人提供了联系的组织 把我们的所有的器官系统联系到一起
I think the microbiome provides this connective tissue that links all of our organ systems together
影响我们思维的方式 影响我们的行为活动
and it influences the way we think; the way we behave.
生物体在逐渐改变我们思考的方式 这一想法令人感到十分的困扰
The idea of organisms that are microscopic changing the way we think feels kind of deeply unsettling.
但是 这一变化确实是存在的
And yet, there it is.
事实上 这些仍然在控制之下
The fact that it stays under control,
我发现微生物组的复杂性是令人惊讶的 并且没有人曾预料到
I find it amazing how complex the microbiome is and would not have expected this.
是的 当然
Yeah, absolutely.
我想通过书本得到一种伟大的人生观
And that’s the kind of grander view of life that I wanted to get across in the book.
但是 你知道的 你和我坐在这是作为两个独立的个体 事实上也是两个完整的世界
That, you know, with you and I sitting here as two individuals, but actually we’re two entire worlds.
感谢Ed 你来这真是太好了
Hey, thanks Ed, it’s great to have you here.
感谢你邀请我 这是非常不可思议的
Thank you for having me. It’s been fantastic.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

微生物的世界就是这么精彩 不要忽略小小的它哦

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

白小白

审核员

WeiRan

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HME44N9J8Iw

相关推荐