ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

大问题#5:伦敦大学学院 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

大问题#5:伦敦大学学院

Big Questions Ep. 5: UCL

红序教育
嗨 我是红序教育的Maryam Abbas
– Hi, I’m Maryam Abbas for Crimson Education
我们今天要在伦敦大学学院
and we’re here today at UCL University
问一些大问题
to ask some big questions.
*伦敦大学学院大问题*
伦敦大学学院最棒的事情是什么?
What’s the best thing about being at UCL?
要我说 在伦敦就是最棒的
– For me, it’s being in London.
我一生都住在伦敦
I’ve lived in London my whole life
尽管我申请过布里斯托和埃克塞特大学
and even though I applied to other unis like Bristol,
但我知道 我是想待在伦敦的
and Exeter, I always knew that I wanted to stay in London.
我觉得这里就像伦敦的缩影
And I feel like UCL is like a little microcosm of London.
我很喜欢这里的多元性
– I really like the diversity in UCL.
我认识了很多人
I’ve literally met loads of people
有欧洲的 美洲的
from like, all over Europe, America.
它位于伦敦中心
– I would say the fact that it’s in central London
所以 如果想搞
so like, if we want to go to like networking events
交流活动什么的 就很容易啦
and things like that, it’s quite easy to access them.
要我说 学生会很棒
– I’d say the union, The student union.
它们组织举办了许多社团和活动
All of the societies, events they put on.
学生会给予了很多支持
There’s a lot of support from the union.
比校职工的都要多
I’d say more than like, the staff.
总是有好事发生 这很棒
– There’s always something happening, which is quite nice.
你可以……比如说
And you kind of have, like, you kind of get to
你可以和来自不同专业的人交谈
have conversations with people from all areas.
如果我学美术 我可以
So if I’m studying fine arts, I can always have
经常和学生物的人交谈
a conversation with someone studying biology,
这非常好 因为这
which is quite nice ‘coz we contribute to
比较有利于我们的学习
each other’s studies in a way.
我认为最棒的是
– I think the best thing is that you are surrounded
身边有很多出色的研究者
by all of these amazing researchers,
尤其是 我研究神经科学
especially, I’m doing neuroscience,
所以从这点来说非常好
so it’s a very good thing in that regard.
而且你的确会得到鼓舞
And you just get really encouraged.
伦敦大学学院的讲座非常好
– There are really good lectures in UCL.
–开始录了吗–嗯
Am I recorded, do I have this on? – Yeah.
伦敦大学学院的讲座很棒
– Uh-huh, cool. There are really good lectures in UCL.
讲座里的话题我都很喜欢
And I like all of the talks that happen.
–很多样–举个例子?
–Such a diverse–Can you give me an example of that?
我在建筑学院听了个有趣的讲座
– I went to a really interesting lecture on petaphysics
关于荒诞玄学
in the Bartlett School of Arch–
什么玄学? 那是?
– What’s petaphysics? What is that?
我其实不懂 但真的很有趣
– I don’t really know, but it was quite interesting.
好像是用想象法解决问题
It’s about like imaginary ways of solving issues.
好吧
– Okay.
通过想象来解决问题
– So like, solving an issue through imagination.
很酷
– Cool.
在伦敦大学学院最糟糕的事是什么?
– What’s the worst thing about being at UCL?
遇到Abby
– Meeting Abby.
是最糟糕的了
That’s the worst thing.
没有啦 我是爱你的
No I’m kidding I love you, Abs.
最糟糕的事是……
Worst thing about UCL…
我认为有时候这个城市很孤立
I guess sometimes the city can get pretty isolating.
所以 很重要的一点是 你要
So what’s important is that you push yourself
强迫自己走出舒适区 努力去认识新朋友
out of your comfort zone and try to meet new people,
发现新的自己
discover new things about yourself
因为 如果你不适应 或者你不改变的话
because if you don’t adapt or if you don’t change,
你就会沉溺于俗套
you’re just going to be stuck in your old ways
那不是你来伦敦的目的
and that’s not what coming to London is about.
是的 像她说的那样
– Yeah, like she said, same thing.
这里空间不是很多
– There’s not a lot of space.
因为在市中心
‘Cause in Central London.
我认为是这样
I’m gonna say that.
我要说的其中一个就是空间
– The one thing I would say is space.
有空间自己做研究 这很重要
Space to do your studies is a major issue.
这里毫无组织
– They are so disorganized.
是的 这里消费也很高
– Yeah, it’s really expensive, as well.
比如说 像是拒付租金的现象
Like, if you’ve seen all the stuff about the rent strike.
租房价格真是高得离谱
The accommodation is ridiculously overpriced.
一旦你做个预算 还能忍受 但就是……
So, once you can budget, it’s doable, but yeah it’s…

– Expensive.
在这一方面 我觉得很奇怪
– In a weird way that is another side to the coin,
因为总是有事情发生
because there’s always something happening,
你会想站在中心广场
you kinda wanna wish that oh, I want to come into
想让那里空着
the main quad and I just want that to be blank.
不想看到旗帜海报之类的
Like I don’t want any flags or posters or anything.
他们总是争来争去
Like it’s almost like they’re always fighting for something,
我就很烦这个
which kind of annoys me.
我觉得他们偶尔需要休息一下
Like, they need to relax sometimes I feel like,
就是这样
but that’s it, that’s all.
除此之外 我很喜欢这里
Otherwise, I really like it.
当然是学费了
– Yeah, fees definitely.
住宿费真的很高
I mean like, the accommodation fee’s really high.
伦敦大学学院最棒的夜间活动是什么?
– [Maryam] What’s the best night out at UCL?
我和朋友们很喜欢
– My friends and I are quite a fan of
去Mully酒吧
going out to Mully’s.
哦 是的
– Oh yeah.
很棒 饮料也便宜
– That’s fun, ’cause it’s two pound drinks as well
我记得第一次
and I remember I went up to the–
去那里的时候
One of my first times that I went up to the bar
我说 来一杯金汤尼
and I was like okay, you know, can I have a G and T please
然后掏出5镑
and I was you know, pulling out my fiver,
我感觉会很贵
expecting it to be, you know, relatively expensive,
结果只需2镑
and they went, “Oh yeah, two quid please.”
然后我才恍然大悟
And I went… Did like a little double-take.
“2镑的金汤尼?”
“Excuse me? Two pounds for a G and T?
“请给我再来十杯!”
Ten more please!”
多多益善咯
Like, keep ’em coming.
那晚花了不少吧
– Just got very wasted that night.
是的 每次都是
– Oh yes. Always, always.
我晚上喜欢运动
– I like sports night.
我要去体育俱乐部
I need to be in a sports club so…
每周三晚上要运动
Wednesday night is sports night.
说不好 不喜欢那些聚会
– I can’t relate, none of these parties were for me.
–不是吧–就是这样
They weren’t. Say it like I mean it.
当然是布鲁姆了
– Bloom, definitely Bloom.
为什么泳池很好?
– Why is pool so good?
什么?
– Why is what?
–不是泳池?–布鲁姆
– Pool, is it? – Bloom
我的错 布鲁姆
– Bloom! My bad, bloom.
因为晚上要运动
– Because, I mean, it’s sports night
尽管很多去那里的人
and even though like, even though most people
甚至不属于某个体育团体
that go to Bloom are not even in a sports team,
但大家都喜欢去
but everyone still likes to go
就是很开心
because it’s just so much fun.
是的 那儿音乐不错
Yeah, I dunno, the music’s good
而且那儿有很多人
and there are so many people there
你都认识 这就很棒
and you know everyone, it’s just great.
最后一个问题
– [Maryam] So, the final question,
你在个人陈述里面写了什么?
What did you write in your personal statement?
我写的很模糊
– It was so mushy.
真的很模糊
It was really mushy.
因为我学化学嘛
‘Cause we do chemistry and I was just like,
就写了小时候经常在浴室
“Oh well when I was a kid, I used to mix shampoos
把洗发精混合在一起
together in the bathroom and
自那以后我就想做这个了
I just wanted to do that ever since.”
是的 你必须
– Yeah, it was really like, you had to
表现出你对课程的热情
show that you were passionate about the subject.
所以重点是专业而非学校
So focus on the subject, not UCL as a whole.
我觉得我就是展现了
– I think I just really showed
我在艺术方面的兴趣
like a keen interest in the arts
然后谈了谈个人经历
and talked about my own personal history,
比如我的童年
like my childhood and what kind of
为什么会形成现在的兴趣爱好
contributed to my current interest.
与我个人很相关
I made it very personal.
我学医 我只记得
– Well, I’m a medic, so I just remember going
在那上面写了很多 比如
really OTT with my personal statement and saying,
“我们真的是和科学密不可分吗?”
“Are we really so intertwined with science?”
是的 它……
Yeah, it–
答案呢?
– And are we?
这正是我要去发掘的问题
– Well, I’m yet to discover that yet.
我老在UCL的社团搞爵士乐
I’ve been spending too much time at UCL
在那花了太多时间
in societies, doing jazz.
而不是在学习上
– Rather than studying.
我不记得了
– I can’t remember.
我说我很想来这里
I said I’d really like to come here.
真的不记得了
Really, I can’t remember.
完全不记得
I can’t remember at all.
“想来”的想法比较重要
– It’s pretty important to say you wanna come here I think.
–那很重要–我当时说超想来
-That’s a pretty important-I said I had a passion to come to UCL.
好吧
– Okay.
如果想了解更多世界上
– If you want to know more about the top-tier universities
顶尖大学的信息 请订阅《红序教育》
around the world, subscribe to Crimson Education.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

1.最棒的事 2.最糟的事 3.最棒的夜间活动 4.个人陈述写了什么?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

面白坊主

审核员

审核员T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQB7P360OFU

相关推荐