ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

大问题#4:杜克大学 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

大问题#4:杜克大学

Big Questions Ep. 4: Duke

红序教育
我是红序教育的Sam Clark
– I’m Sam Clark with Crimson Education
今天我们在杜克大学
and we’re here at Duke University
来问一些大问题
to ask some big questions.
*杜克大学大问题*
**
长凳不错
Nice bench.
杜克大学最好的是什么?
– [Sam] What is the best thing about Duke?
我个人喜欢杜克篮球队
– I personally love Duke basketball.
看这儿 学生的精神所在
– It’s right here, student spirit,
有一支好球队和由此带来的优秀社群
having a great basketball team, and an amazing
有最好的教练
community built around the best team, the best coach.
杜克篮球精神无所不在
Duke basketball is where it’s at.
-篮球-篮球
– Basketball. – Basketball?
卡梅隆室内球馆 我是个疯狂的球迷
– Cameron Indoors stadium, being a Cameron Crazy,
对阵北卡时在脸上印图案 帅气
painting our faces for the UNC game, awesome.
只不过今年输球了 很可惜
Except this year, losing is not as fun.
很遗憾没能夺冠 是的
– My condolences, not the best, yeah, yeah.
杜克输球时你怎么想?
How did you feel when Duke lost?
显然我非常震惊 太快了
– I was devastated, obviously, much too soon.
-很遗憾-谢谢
– Condolences, I’m sorry. – Thank you.
我认为是这里的人
– Yeah, I would say the people.
肯定是人
– Definitely the people.
我得说肯定是人
– I would definitely say the people.
我认为有一些南方式的热情
– I’d say the kind of southern hospitality a little bit.
人们总是很热情的打招呼
People always kind of ready, eager to say hi, wave
向你挥手之类的
at you kind of stuff.
能让你提前在
– Just being able to get your feet wet
任何你想要涉足的领域实践学习
in whatever field you want at an early step,
我认为这很好
I think that is like a good thing.
还有杜克也舍得在人和事上面花钱
And then, Duke just likes to pay for things for people
你知道这点也很好
so that is nice as well, you know, so yeah.
我认为杜克最好的一点
– I think the best thing about Duke is
就是每个人都能找到适合自己的东西
that there is something here for everyone.
嗯 我也打算说这里的机会很多
– Uhm, I was also just gonna say the opportunities
这是很重要的
so that is a huge part of it, but also
此外我一来到校园
when I visited the campus, I really just
就爱上了这里的勃勃生机
fell in love with it because of the energy.
杜克大学最糟糕的是什么?
– [Sam] What is the worst thing about Duke?
我想应该是隔离感
– I think it can be, like very isolating
因为我们在北卡罗来纳的达勒姆
because we are in Durham, North Carolina,
去哪里都非常方便
but it like really feels like we could be anywhere.
我认为杜克大学校园里
So I think like the Duke campus
有非常多的人
and just like, how a lot of people act
不大与外界打交道
is like very secluded from the outside world.
我得说最糟糕的就是
– I would say the worst thing is kind of
学生数量很少
having a small student population.
导致你每天见到的
One, cause I mean, you kind of almost
差不多都是那些人
see the same faces a lot of times.
我认为学习压力
– I guess the work load
经常很大 我学工程学
can get stressful at times, I’m an engineer
所以有时候非常忙
so sometimes, like, it’s just a lot.
可能是学习压力
– Probably the work load.
-压力很大-物理学
– It’s a lot. – Physics.
哦 物理 你是物理专业?
– Oh, yeah, physics, you’re a physics major?
不 我是生物专业
right now.
但正在上物理课
right now.
一定要筹划好课程
– Making sure that you plan out your classes
这样才能有时间享受生活
so that you have time to actually enjoy life
杜克提供的一切都很重要
and everything that Duke offers is important
而做题不重要
instead of working on problem sets.
保持头脑清醒
– Maintain sanity.
保持头脑清醒很有必要
– Maintain sanity is very helpful.
停车 在杜克校园停车很难
– The parking, parking is tough on Duke’s campus.
-停车难-好的
– The parking is bad, okay, okay.
-这是我的回答-好的
– I will give them that. – Okay.
学费
– The tuition.
学费 是很贵
– The tuition, okay, its a lot.
是的
– Yes.
总是施工
– Constant construction.
好的 施工太多
– Okay, a lot of that.
我不喜欢运动队
– I don’t like the sports teams.
你不喜欢运动队
– You don’t like the sports teams?
是的
– Yeah.
-悄悄说-好
– Say that quietly. – Yeah.
好 哦
– Yeah, uh oh.
你周六晚上一般做什么?
– [Sam] What’s a typical Saturday night look like for you?
我想在杜克周六晚上
– I guess, I mean a typical Duke Saturday night
人们通常会去射手俱乐部
is people go out the club called Shooters.
射手 好的
– Shooters, okay.
你们不知道?
– You guys don’t know it?
是个挺脏的俱乐部
– It’s like a really really like dirty club.
有时去射手 你也知道那什么样
– Occasionally Shooters, you know how it is.
我说过大家都爱去射手
– I said everybody loves going to Shooters.
射手 听说了很多关于它的事
– Shooters, heard a lot about Shooters.
-是的-好
– Yeah. – Okay.
周六有时我会学习 有时候去射手
– Some Saturday’s I study, some times I go out to Shooters.
一般和朋友出去吃饭
– Usually go out to dinner with some friends,
我们有个校内垒球队
and we have got a intermural softball team
周日晚上活动
on Sunday evenings.
游戏之夜很有趣
– Game night is a lot of fun.
我们有个游戏室 有虚拟现实设备
We have this video game room that has virtual reality
我们很喜欢《魔兽世界》
stuff, and we do like, whether is it World of Warcraft,
《光轮》 《马里奥赛车》也很有趣
it could be Halo, Mario Cart is always a fun one.
我加入了一个女生联谊会
– I belong to a sorority so a lot of times
我们经常联谊或进行某种
we will have mixers, or like a certain function
主题日活动
like day function.
你知道 一般不会很晚回来
– You know, stay out usually not too late,
早晨两三点吧
but two or three in the morning.
好 不错
– Yeah, great.
你的大学申请论文写的什么?
– [Sam] What did you write your college essay about?
我申请杜克大学那年
– So there are two college application essays
有两篇入学论文
the year I applied to Duke.
第一篇就是普通的申请论文
The first one was the general common app application.
第二篇写为什么选杜克
The second one was the why duke.
一般的申请论文?
– Like the common app essay?
我写的应该是水肺潜水
– I did about, I think scuba diving
还有寻找化石 地理学的东西
and finding fossils and stuff, geology stuff.
我的申请写的我的社区
– My application was about my community.
我在佛罗里达贝尔格莱德长大
I grew up in Belle Glade, Florida, which
在南佛罗里达的棕榈海滩郡
is in Palm Beach county in South Florida,
那里充斥着贫穷和暴力
and it is like poverty ridden, filled with a lot
我写了我是如何
of violence, and I just wrote about how
想要为我的社区做点贡献
I want to do better for my community,
为我自己和我的家庭
and for myself, and for my family
以及来杜克如何能帮我实现目标
and how coming to Duke could help me do that.
向我的社区证明
And just showing my community that there
成功有很多其它的方式
are other ways to be successful.
我写了我很怕坐过山车
– I wrote about being afraid to ride a roller coaster
我一直没能克服恐惧
and how I didn’t overcome the fear
一直不敢坐
and still haven’t ridden it.
没关系的
– But that’s okay.
我的大学申请论文
– I wrote my college application essay
写的是篮球 我知道这很老套
about basketball, I know it is way to cliche,
但还是让我入学了
but it got me in.
就是的 很好
– Here you are, great.
我谈了我父母来自牙买加
– I talked about my parent being from Jamaica,
最近我去参加了祖父的葬礼
and I had recently gone down for my grandfathers funeral
所以我写自己的寻根之旅
so I talked about like reconnecting with my roots,
我喜欢成为家庭一员
and just like being a part of a family
因为我的亲戚大多在那
because most of my family is down there,
认识并与他们交往
so like getting to know them, just like
与他们相处
linking up with them and connecting with them
对我很重要
was very important to me.
我写的爵士乐
– I wrote it about jazz music
因为我……
because I like…
你是乐手?
– Are you a musician?
是的 我演奏爵士乐 高中时我后背受伤
– Yeah, I play jazz music, and I had broken
因此我不能参加
my back in high school, and so
体育活动或剧烈运动
I couldn’t really do any sports or anything,
因此我最终成了音乐发烧友
so I ended up like playing a lot of music,
并打算继续从事音乐
and like getting in to that a lot more.
所以我基本上写了我是如何
So I wrote about how that, how I sort
克服那些困难的
of coped with that basically.
好 很好
– Okay, good.
你怎么看北卡大学?
– [Sam] Any thoughts about UNC?
我不喜欢他们
– I don’t like them.
你不喜欢 嘘 北卡
– You don’t like, boo UNC, is there,
你有没有喜欢的反北卡口号?
do you have a favorite anti-UNC cheer?
见鬼去吧卡罗来纳
– I mean go to hell, Carolina.
见鬼去吧卡罗来纳
– Go to hell, Carolina.
见鬼去 卡罗来纳 见鬼去吧
– Go to hell, Carolina, go to hell.
耶 耶
– Yeah, yeah.
很好的学校
– Great school
我们不喜欢他们的篮球
we don’t particularly like them in basketball
但除此之外
but other than that,
还是不错的
like yeah.
他们挺好的 但我们不喜欢
– They are good, they’re good, but we don’t like them.
我还是不说这些无关的了
– I would rather not speak on there irrelevance.
我们的蓝色看着更好
– Our blue definitely looks better.
很好 是的
– That’s great, yeah, yeah.
-DDMF-DDMF?
– DDMF. – DDMF?
给大家解释一下这是什么?
For those who might now know, what does.
杜克**
– Duke (explicit beep)
杜克**
– Duke (explicit beep)
怎么看北卡大学?
– Any thoughts about UNC?
哈哈哈
(laughter)
这是Bauer
– This one is Bauer.
Bauer 你好吗?
– [Sam] Bauer, what’s up?
-很好-这是麦克风
Yeah, that’s a microphone.
那只是McGroover
– and that one is McGroover.
McGroover? 好名字
– McGroover? That’s a great name.
是的 这就是个麦克风
Yup, that’s just a microphone.
哈哈……
(laughter)
如果你在收看
– If you find this video
并想了解更多美国或
and you want to learn more about other student experiences
其它地方学生的情况
at schools in the states and other places,
请订阅我们的频道
be sure to subscribe to the channel.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

来看一看杜克大学的学生喜欢什么,不喜欢什么。他们真的那么讨厌北卡大学吗?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

AF

审核员

审核员T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlpZCoTNMs

相关推荐