ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

大问题#3:麻省理工学院 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

大问题#3:麻省理工学院

Big Questions Ep. 3: MIT

红序教育
Crimson
我是红序教育的Sam Clark
– I’m Sam Clark with Crimson Education.
我们在麻省理工学院 来问一些大问题
We’re here at MIT to ask some big questions.
*麻省理工学院大问题*
BIG Questions at MIT
麻省理工学院最棒的是什么?
What is the best thing about MIT?
应该是这里的人
– I’d probably say the people,
因为这里的人都很率直
thing is, people at MIT are very spontaneous
他们敢想敢做
and they’re all about like just doing it,
比如说 我有个想法 想干点疯狂的事
if I have an idea and let’s go do something crazy,
像是在东校园建一座过山车
build a frickin’ roller coaster on East campus,
我们会去建过山车
we’re gonna build a friggin’ roller coaster,
真会这么做
we’re gonna do it.
你们在建过山车?
– Are you building a roller coaster?
不 去年建过了
– No but like that happened last year.
你建了过山车?
– You built a roller coaster?
—帮忙建过—厉害了
– I helped build a roller coaster.- That’s awesome.
肯定是这里的人
– The people for sure.
这里的人形形色色 许多人很优秀
Lots of diversity, lots of great people here.
我也这么认为 但他没提到
– I would agree, they’re also very nice,
这些人都很友好
he didn’t mention that,
好人 形形色色的人
nice people, diverse people.
你认识很多人 他们看上去平平无奇
– You get to know a lot of people who seem very normal
实际上 他们超凡绝伦
but they’re actually super brilliant
起初你不知道这些
and you don’t know that initially
但和他们相处后
but after you hang out with them
你才明白这些人超级聪敏而且酷毙了
you realize that people are super smart
而且这些人竟然还是我朋友
and super cool and these people are my friends.
我也想说这里的人
– Also I would say the people,
和我在一起的人
it’s all very down to earth people
都是脚踏实地的
are the people that I am with.
他们并不是
You wouldn’t necessarily expect them to be
世界上最聪明的人
the most smart people in the world
但和他们一起做事时
but then when you start doing stuff with them
你会感慨 天啊 他们简直是天才
you’re like, oh my goodness, they’re a genius, so.
我认为是接受别人
– I think it’s just like acceptance
对某些无聊呆板的事的痴迷
of having a passion for something nerdy.
我们一起分享的并非惊天动地的大事
– Just not even something that grandiose,
而是微不足道的琐事或者蠢事
like just really little nerdy things, silly things
这使得我们联系在一起
that we share that like connects us
他们支持我
and then the support they give me
我也支持他们
and then I give them back,
这就是我最喜欢麻省理工学院的一点
I think that’s what I like about MIT the most.
麻省理工学院最糟的是什么?
– What’s the worst thing about MIT?
功课很难
– The work is very challenging,
但我认为这也是件好事
but I think that also is a great thing as well,
其实我觉得这里
I don’t think there really is a bad thing
没什么不好的
about this place.
对我来说 最糟的是
– For me I think it’s between
处于十分紧张的学习压力之中
either some of the really intense academic pressure,
这里的文化就像是
like the culture here is very much like,
废寝忘食地读书是对的
if you’re not sleeping you’re doing it right,
不尽量参加很多课程
if you’re not taking as many classes or
或学习小组 就错了
or as many units as you can, you’re not doing it right,
虽然这对人的心理健康来说
and it’s not always the best environment
不一定是最好的环境
for people’s mental health,
尤其是那些进入麻省理工学院
for people who maybe don’t have
却没有同等教育背景的人
the same academic background coming into MIT,
我认为那种氛围中
and I think that kind of culture of like
不受点罪是不行的
if you’re not suffering you’re not doing it right
你应好好享受这里的学习生活
and like you should be able to enjoy MIT
做些喜欢做的事 但不要沉迷
and take things you love and not be drowning.
我觉得最糟的是课外作业
– I’d say the worst thing is the homework.
课外作业?
– The homework?
是的
– The homework.
尤其是这里的
– Here in particular,
你必须知道你在做什么
you have to know what you’re getting into,
就是说得下苦功 你要做好
like it’s hard work, and you gotta be prepared
完成这项任务的准备
to do it, basically.
缺乏空闲时间
– Lack of free time.
通常 在研究性大学
– Research universities in general,
很多教授受到物质的激励
a lot of the professors are incentivized
在他们的研究上下功夫
to focus on their research
他们这么做不一定是
and do what may not necessarily
最符合学生利益的
be in the best interest of the student
但能让他们评上职称
but what will get them tenure
而且能为教授们带来更多的科研经费
and what will get them more funding for their research.
你们周六晚一般有什么活动?
– What does a typical Saturday night look like for you guys?
昨晚发生了什么?
– What happened last night?
派对场面很宏大
– Party scene’s pretty big,
周末大家喜欢出去参加派对
people love to go out and party on the weekends.
我不记得有些什么活动了
– I don’t remember what happened.
那昨晚过的好吗?
– So is that a good night then?
我们觉得昨晚过的很愉快
Yeah we’ll call that a good night,
那当然最好了
okay, perfect.
周末晚上啊 通常和朋友出去闲逛
– Weekends night, usually hang out with friends.
那挺好的
– Great.
没什么特别要做的事
– There’s no such thing as typical,
我也许会出去聚会 也许会工作
I might go out partying, I might be working,
我可能在建那该死的过山车
I might be building a friggin’ roller coaster.
你高兴就好
– As you do.
是的 对我来说 昨晚干了什么无所谓
– Yeah so there’s nothing, like what did I do last night,
昨晚周几?周六吗?
what was last night, Saturday?
周五晚我去看了音乐会
Friday night I was at a concert,
周六晚我没做什么 只是和表亲一起
Saturday night I was chilling and watching a movie
看了场电影 他特意双休日过来
with my cousin who came up for the weekend,
所以说你是想疯就疯
yeah so there’s certainly craziness if you want craziness
想静就能静的人吧
but there’s also quietness if you want quietness, so.
周六晚有很多可以做的事
– There’s a lot to do on Saturday nights.
通常周五和周六
A good portion of fraternities are having social events
很多兄弟会都有社交活动
most Saturdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
披萨派对
– Pizza parties.
披萨派对?
– Pizza party.
开玩笑的
– Just kidding.
披萨派对是什么?
– What is a pizza party?
就是吃着披萨一起鬼混
– We eat pizza and chill.
吃着披萨一起鬼混 真不错 我喜欢
– Pizza and chill, great, great, love that, love that.
你还记得
If you remember, what did you write
你大学申请文书都写了什么吗?
your college application essay about?
麻省理工和其他学校不同
– So MIT is a bit different
它没有通用申请
because they don’t do the Common App,
大概有5 6道简答题 写一段话
so MIT is like five or six shorts, one paragraph essays,
我写的是
so I did one about,
我家那边
in my hometown
每个人都会
jumping off the local bridge into the river below,
从桥上跳进河里
that’s something that everyone does,
我也做过类似的事
I did something about that.
他们会问 你业余时间都做什么
– They asked kind of what do you do with free time,
你怎么缓解压力?
what do you do to kind of release
我说我弹吉他
and I said play guitar,
然后继续写了音乐对我的意义
and just kind of went in on what music means to me,
我不知道业余时间该怎么度过
and I don’t know, how I just kind of like to
怎么去放松自我
spend my free time, how I like to relax.
我在艾滋病疫苗实验室工作
– I’m working in a HIV vaccine lab,
我写了几句和这份工作有关的话
and I wrote something in the line of that.
我大四的时候
I got interested in a HIV problem
对艾滋病问题产生了兴趣
while I was senior at college
我写了这个问题 最后通过了
and I related to that, and it worked.
我写的和木工有关
– I wrote about woodworking,
我在高中时对此就已有所涉猎
which is something I was really involved in in high school
就像弹钢琴一样
and like playing piano I think.
实话说 我只写了唱歌吧
– I think I honestly just wrote about singing,
我曾参加了这里的无伴奏合唱团
I was in an a capella group here,
我自小就经常唱歌
and I just have always since I was little sung,
对我来说超酷的
and it was just cool to me to be able to be like,
好吧 他们只是
okay, they just wanna hear
想知道些我真正喜爱的事
about something I genuinely love.
对我来说 印象最深刻的是
– So, for me, the one that I remember the most
他们让我聊一聊
is they wanted us to talk about
我们现有的领导机会
a leadership opportunity that we’ve had,
我写的是一段经历
and for me I wrote about the time
是我和家人去墨西哥的华瑞兹市
when my family and I we went on a mission trip
做短宣的时候
to Juarez, Mexico,
我写的是
and I talked about
如何与当地文化进行互动
how kind of like interacting with that culture
并且在负责建设方面
and having a leadership opportunity,
取得领导权
of kind of being in charge of the construction,
我们为那里的一个家庭建了栋房子
we built a house for a family down there,
并使用西班牙语交流
and being able to use Spanish
使我们融入当地文化
to mingle the cultures together,
我只是讨论了
I just talked about that
这些事对我的领导方式有何影响
and how that kind of influenced my leadership approach.
我写的是我兑现了学武术的诺言
– I wrote about my commitment to martial arts,
我在剑桥教武术
I’ve been teaching in Cambridge,
已经有些年头了
martial arts for a few years
我练武术大概有10或11年
and I’ve been practicing for like 10 or 11,
不 13年了
oh 13 years now,
武术是我生活的重要部分
and so that’s just like a big part of my life
我只是在回报培养我的社区
and I’m just giving back to communities
我喜欢这么做
something I love doing.
真棒 什么武术?
– Amazing, amazing, what martial art?
叫做手博道
– It’s called Soo Bahk Do
起源于跆拳道
it’s a derivative of Taekwondo
这简直太酷了
– Oh very cool.
很显然 在麻省理工学院四处走走
– So apparently when you walk around MIT,
就能看到这些稀奇古怪的人和事
sometimes you walk past this.
如果你想了解
– If you’re interested in hearing more
更多世界顶尖大学的情况
about the world’s top universities,
别忘了订阅哦
don’t forget to subscribe.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

大问题系列3:麻省理工学院,感受世界理工大学之最的学生的喜忧。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

鈺其外

审核员

审核员T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN_uGfDtRHo

相关推荐