ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

内向并不是坏事 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

内向并不是坏事

Being an Introvert is a Good Thing. | Crystal Robello | TEDxStMaryCSSchool

I’m here today trying to be something I’m not.
今天我来到这里是为了成为不一样的自己
Which is something I’ve been trying to do for two years now:
这是我两年来一直在尝试做的事情
write a TED Talk, share my ideas,
写一个TED演讲 分享我的想法
talk in front of such a large group of people.
在这么大的一群人面前演讲
Now, I know a lot of you are probably thinking,
我知道很多人可能会想
“She sounds a bit shy.”
“她听起来有点害羞”
Or maybe, “She probably gets nervous easily.”
或者 “她可能很容易就会紧张”
Yeah, all those things are 100% true, but why?
是的 这一切都是千真万确的 但为什么呢?
To answer simply,
简单地说
I am an introvert.
我是一个内向者
So what is an introvert?
内向者是什么呢?
An introvert is a quiet person
内向者很沉默
that doesn’t like to talk very much
不喜欢说太多话
and likes to keep their thoughts mostly to themselves.
而且大多时候喜欢把想法闷在心中
They’re the kind of person that goes home
这样的人回到家后
just to relax and have time to think.
会放松自己 然后花些时间思考
But that’s not to say that an outgoing person can’t be an introvert.
但这并不意味着外向者不可能是内向者
Just as long as they enjoy the quiet time to get to themselves,
只要他们享受宁静的时间 进行思考
they’re most likely an introvert to a certain extent.
在一定程度上 他们就很可能是内向者
So the main thing I want to address in this talk
所以 我在这次演讲中主要想证明
is that there’s nothing wrong with being an introvert.
当内向者没有什么不好
However society doesn’t see it in the same lighting.
可是 社会对此的看法并不一样
Society has taught us
社会教会我们的是
that being an introvert is the worst thing you can be
当内向者最糟糕不过了
and that everyone should want to be extroverted.
而且每个人应该要有当外向者的意愿
We’re told that being outgoing is good
我们总被告知 外向是好事
and being shy and quiet is bad.
而害羞和沉默是坏事
We’re told in elementary school we have to raise our hands,
读小学时 我们被告知 我们要举手
participate in class or we lose marks.
参与课堂上的活动 否则就会丢了分数
Every year at parent-teacher interviews,
教师每年会见家长的时候
my parents would hear the same thing,
都会向我爸妈说同样的话
“Your daughter is very shy,
“你女儿很害羞
she needs to learn to speak up more.’”
得要学会多开口说话呀”
I was told to share my voice whenever possible.
他们告诉我 一有机会就要多开口交流
As an introvert, those are some very hard standards to achieve.
作为内向者 这些标准是很难实现的
This is why I joined the TED Ed Club two years ago –
所以 我两年前加入了TED Ed俱乐部
to prove to not only myself but to everyone that I wasn’t shy.
以向自己和大家证明我并不害羞
I could write a talk just like everyone else is doing it.
我可以像其他人一样写演讲
No big deal.
没什么大不了的
Slight problem, I never wrote a talk.
但有个小小的问题 就是我从没写过演讲
I couldn’t come up with a topic I was truly passionate about
我想不出一个我真正热爱
that I felt like I wanted to share with the world.
而且很想分享给世人的话题
I would show up to every meeting and
我会出席每一场会议
watch my peers continue to develop their talk
然后看着同辈们继续提升演讲内容
and I would get frustrated with myself.
而我会对自己感到沮丧
Why could they share their ideas so easily
为什么他们可以轻易地分享自己的想法
and I couldn’t even come up with a topic?
而我却连话题也想不出来?
Now, looking back, I realize I have passions,
如今 回顾过去 我发现我有热情
I have views on the world, and I have opinions.
对世界也有看法 有自己的观点
I just didn’t want to share any of them because I’m an introvert.
只是 我是内向者 所以不想把它们分享出去
But is there anything wrong with that?
但是 这有什么错呢?
Statistics say that 50 % of the American population is made up of introverts.
统计数据表明 美国人口中有一半是内向者
So society is telling 50 % of Americans –
所以 社会在告诉一半的美国人
about 160 million people –
也就是1亿6千万人
that they need to change who they are to be accepted,
他们必须改变自己 才能被人们接受
to be successful and to be happy.
才能成功 才能快乐
Keep in mind,
记住
within this large group of introverts are people such as:
这一大群内向者当中还有这些人:
Elton John,
爱尔顿·约翰
Emma Watson,
艾玛·沃森
Michael Jordan,
迈克尔·乔丹
Audrey Hepburn,
奥黛丽·赫本
Albert Einstein,
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦
and so many more incredible, inspiring people.
还有很多又厉害又能激励人心的人
Do you think being an introvert
你觉得当内向者
has ever stopped any of them from achieving their goals or being happy?
曾让他们无法实现目标或者变得快乐吗?
No.
不会
A lot of you have probably been told something along the lines of
你们当中应该有很多人曾被灌输过:
“why be a follower when you can be a leader?”
“能当领导者 何必当追随者呢?”
But what about every leader needs a follower?
那么“每个领导者都需要有个追随者”呢?
Let’s look at Mr. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada.
我们两看看加拿大总理贾斯汀·特鲁多的例子
Do you think he’d be where he is today
如果没有人民的支持
without the support of the people?
你觉得他会有今天的地位吗?
If everyone was trying to be a leader
如果每个人都想当领导者
no one would truly succeed
没有人会真正地成功
as it’s the followers that define a true leader.
因为只有追随者才能造就真正的领导者
But that’s not to say that an introvert can’t be a leader.
但这并不意味着内向者就不能当领导者
Let’s look at Abraham Lincoln,
看看亚伯拉罕·林肯
Rosa Parks and Gandhi.
罗莎·帕克斯和甘地的例子
All incredible inspirational leaders
他们都是又厉害又能激励人心的领导者
and all introverts.
同时也都是内向者
In a business setting,
在商业场合中
the CEO of a company will look at an introvert and say,
公司的CEO对于内向者的看法会是
“If they’re not going to share their ideas
“如果他们不肯分享自己的想法
they are useless to me.”
他们对我就毫无用处”
Well, guess what?
你知道吗?
These companies are missing out.
这些公司错失了良机
Introverts are known to be versatile, responsible,
众所周知 内向者既多才多艺又尽职尽责
work well in small groups and individually.
既能团结小组 又能独立工作
So being an introvert has no effect on how happy
所以 内向者的性格不会影响到
or how successful you are going to be
一个人的快乐或者成功
as long as you see it in the right lighting.
前提是你要对内向性格抱有正确的态度
If you see yourself as an introvert
如果你觉得自己是内向者
and think it’s the worst thing in the world,
认为内向是世界上最糟糕的性格
you’re never going to be truly happy with yourself
你就永远也不会真的对自己满足
and you’re going to constantly try to change to conform to society.
而且你也会不断尝试改变自己 迎合社会
But if you accept yourself as an introvert and you’re happy,
但是 只要你能接受自己是内向者 并保持快乐
there’s nothing in the way of you achieving your goals
就没有什么能阻挡你实现目标
and getting what you want.
取得你想要的成就
All in all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an introvert.
总的来说 当内向者绝对没有什么不好
No matter what society may say,
不管社会的心态是什么
you don’t need to change who you are
你都不必改变自己
because being an introvert is great.
因为当内向者是件很棒的事情
Before I leave, I want to end with a quote from the book
在我结束之前 我要引述一本书中的一句话
”Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking”
《安静:内向性格的竞争力》
by Susan Cain.
作者是苏珊·凯恩
“The secret to life is to put yourself in the right lighting.
“生活的秘诀就是让自己处在正确的灯光下
For some, it’s a Broadway spotlight;
有些人的灯光是百老汇的聚光灯
for others, it’s a lamplit desk.”
而有些人的灯光则是桌子上的一盏灯”
So the next time you see
所以 当下次你看到课室后面
that quiet kid in the back of the class
有个小孩很沉默
who doesn’t participate very much,
很少参与课堂活动时
I want you to think,
我希望你能思考一下
“I wonder what great things they’re gonna come up with next.”
“不知道他们接下来会有什么伟大想法”
Thank you.
谢谢大家
[Applause]
[掌声]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

内向的优势

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

搬那度

审核员

审核员 T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oAJsPFH2wk

相关推荐