未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

成为你自己

Become who you really are | Andrea Pennington | TEDxIUM

我对转变感到着迷
I am obsessed with transformation,
特别是在脑海和内心中的梦想
specifically how dreamsin the head and heart
转变为现实的时候
are transformed into physical reality.
在过去的20年里 我逆向设计了巅峰性能行为
For the last two decades, I have reverse-engineeredpeak performance behavior
并破解了其动机
and hacked motivation
使人们能够改变自己的生活和工作
to empower people to transformtheir lives and their business
以实现自己的梦想和激情
in honor of their dreams and passions.
从开始一项新业务 建立一种新关系
So whether it’s startinga new business or relationship
到锻炼和提高自己的身心健康
to building a better brain or body,
你们当中有多少人
how many of you out there
觉得自己在生活中有潜力去做一些伟大的事情呢
feel that you have the potential to do something great in life?
好的 那么
Alright. Well,
玛丽安•威廉姆森曾说过
Marianne Williamson once said,
“如果你觉得你可能是在浪费自己生命的潜能 那么是的”
“If you feel like you’re wastingyour life’s potential, you are.”
事实是 在生活中
The truth is you have far more power
你对身体的控制力和对人生的影响力
over your physical well-beingand your impact in life
远超你对自己的评价
than you give yourself credit for.
在过去的一些年里 作为一个纪录片制作人
Over the last several yearsas a documentary filmmaker,
我沉浸在全球各地的文化之中
I have immersed myselfin cultures around the world
看看如何才能做到真正的健康成长
to see what it takesto really thrive and flourish.
我注意到的是
What I noticed is,
在许多的文化中 比如西方国家
in many cultures like in the Western world,
当我们着手规划生活的时候
when we set out in life,
我们当中大部分人为了适应社会变得程式化
most of us are programmed to fit into social norms.
在商业上 我们指望市场竞争以获得更好的一致性
In business, we look to the marketplace to compete for better sameness.
当我们生理或心理上感到痛苦时
And when we suffer,physically or emotionally,
我们中的大多数人都从外部寻找原因和治疗方法
most of us look outside of ourselves for the cause and the cure.
我的转变开始于
The shift for me came
我在医学院学习的最后一年
in my final year of medical school,
就是当我开始学习传统中药和针灸的时候
when I started the study of traditionalChinese medicine and acupuncture.
我了解到人们可以在清醒状态下
I learned that peoplecould have heart and brain surgery
进行心脑外科手术
while awake without anesthesia.
妇女可以无痛分娩
Women could delivertheir babies painlessly,
人们可以通过穴位针灸
and people could recoverfrom drug addiction and craving
来治疗毒品成瘾的问题
with a few tiny, well-placed needles.
我意识到有很多关于身体和大脑的知识
I realized there was moreto the body and mind
是美国医疗体系无法教给我的
than what the Americanmedical system was teaching me.
我开始明白
I came to understand
我们对于自身
that our programmed beliefs
和我们在社会定位中的固定看法
about ourselves and our place in the world
很大一部分决定了我们的健康和快乐
dictate a large partof our health and happiness
以及我们的成功程度
as well as our level of success.
现在的问题在于 我们对自身的看法常常是不可靠或无力的
Now the challenge is: our concept of self is often inauthentic or weak.
为了改变你的外在
To transform what you see on the outside,
首先需要改变你的内在
you’ve got to transformwho you are on the inside.
在接下来的几分钟里
In the next few minutes,
我将总结我工作的精髓与科学性
I will summarize the soul and science of my work
为你们留下三把关键的钥匙
to leave you with three vital keys
以开启你的转变潜能
to unlock your potentialfor transformation.
其实办法很简单
It’s a simple prescription really,
一个小的改变就可以产生巨大的成果
one small shiftthat can yield big results.
我甚至现在就可以把它告诉你:成为你自己
I’ll even tell it to you now: Become who you really are.
当你在照镜子时
When you look yourself in the mirror,
忽略掉妆容或瑕疵
past the makeup or blemishes,
你有没有感觉到
do you ever sense that there’s more to you
自己比你在镜子中看到的要更多
than what you see in your reflection?
所以哪个是真正的你
So who are you really?
当被问到“你是谁?”时
When asked,”Who are you?”,
大部分人会回答年龄
most people respond with their age,
种族背景 工作或者社会地位
ethnic background,job or position in life.
为什么呢
Why?
因为我们都被程式化了
Because we’ve all been programmed.
自我形象的规划
The programming of your self-image and
以及你如何向他人描述自己
how you describe yourselves to others
在你儿时就已经开始了
begins in childhood.
作为一位作家和生物学家 布鲁斯•利普顿热心地解释说
As author and biologist, Bruce Lipton,so passionately explains,
在我们生命开始的前六年里
during the first six years of our lives,
我们的大脑处于催眠 恍惚的状态
our brains existin a hypnotic, trance-like state,
所以导致我们被动的吸收 记录和相信
such that we passively absorb,record and believe
那些使我们印象深刻的外界事物
the things that are impressed upon usfrom the outside world.
自出生起 社会化过程塑造了我们的自我认同感
From birth, the socialization processshapes our sense of self-identity,
一点一点地形成了一张社会面具
and little by littlea social mask is formed,
我们按照家庭或宗教
and we behave according to the rules
的规则行事
of our family or religion:
我们接受了强加在我们身上的
we adopt the cultural,
文化 政治和性别规范
political and gender norms that are thrust upon us,
这导致了我们大多数人对真实自我的忽略和妥协
causing most of us to lose sight of and compromise who we really are.
可悲的是
The sad thing is
我们中的大多数人选择把自身性格中
most of us end up forcing the unacceptable parts
不受欢迎的部分隐藏起来
of our personality into the shadows,
最终伪装成了一个半生不熟的自己
and we end up masqueradingas a half-baked version of ourselves,
我们采纳同辈的标准
we embrace the qualities
和父母的意见
of our peers or the ideals of our parents,
都是为了融入社会和被社会接受
all in an attempt to fit inand be accepted. Meanwhile,
同时 最初真实的你
the authentic, original you,
如同投射在你眼底深处的光芒
that glimmer you see reflecteddeep in your eyes,
微不足道
takes a back seat.
我们常常无法意识到我们注定要成为谁
Often we don’t realizewho we are meant to be
因为我们忙着去实践别人的想法
because we’re so busy tryingto live out someone else’s ideas.
但如果你以为的自己是错误的呢
But what if who you thoughtyou were is wrong?
如果 成为最真实最不完美的自己
What if, by being your most authenticperfectly imperfect self,
能够改变你的健康和生活
you could transformyour health and your life
同时在世界上产生非凡影响
while having an extraordinaryimpact in the world?
你知道 我们当今的世界面临着
You know, the challengesthat our world faces today,
经济崩溃 政党分裂
from economic collapse,crumbling political regimes,
环境危机和全球卫生问题的挑战
environmental crisesand global health problems,
我们需要新的应对措施而不是乏善可陈的老生常谈
we need new solutions,not rehashed versions of old thinking.
爱因斯坦说过:
Einstein said:
任何问题都不能从创造它的同一意识水平上解决
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
2010年 IBM对全球的CEO进行了一场研究
In 2010, IBM conducteda study of CEOs around the world.
60%的CEO表示
60% of these CEOs said that creativity
创造力是企业成功最重要的领导素质
is the most important leadership qualityfor success in business. So,
你看 我们需要的是那些
you see, we need people
有足够的创造力去思考问题的人
who will be creative enoughto think outside of the box,
有足够的勇气去实现自己梦想的人
those who are bold enoughto go for their dreams,
以及那些能够自由的成为自己的人
and those who are free enoughto be truly themselves.
天才的创造灵感就来于此
That’s from whencethat creative spark of genius often comes.
有位希腊哲学家认为我们的终极目标
A Greek philosopherbelieved that we have a telos,
或者我们所指向的终点
a purpose or an endtoward which we are pointed.
就是我们自身
And – that end is the self.
亚里士多德说 最好的生活
And the best life, says Aristotle,
就是认识自己
is spent trying to understandwhat that self is,
并成为自己
and to become it.
这就是那些想要改变世界的人需要听到的
And that’s what people who want to transform the world need to hear:
成为你自己
Become who you are. Now,
如今 这也是我在商学院
that’s also the title
教授的积极心理学课程
of one of the positive psychology courses
其中的一个课题
I teach here at IUMin the business school.
而第一个作业就是研究课题
One of the first assignmentsis to research the class title. Now,
现在 有些人听说过“成为你自己”
many people have heard”Become Who You Are,”
或者在社交网络上
or they’ve seen itin online social networks,
一些小巧可爱的明信片上看到过
these cute little postcards,
通常认为 这些短语出自于弗里德里希•尼采
Most often, the phrase is attributed to Friedrich Nietzsche.
但实际上尼采是引用了抒情诗人品达的诗句
But Nietzsche was actually quotingPindar, the lyric poet.
经过进一步研究
Upon further research,
我们发现 品达的诗
we see that Pindar’s line,
从古希腊语准确地翻译过来 意思是
when accurately translated from the ancient Greek, reads:
想要成为自己 必先了解自己
“Become such as you are,having learned what that is.”
所以你看
So you see,
成为自己的第一个关键
your first key to becoming who you really are,
就是认识真实的自己
is to learn who you really are.
那么你怎样做到这点
So how do you do that?
把你的注意力向内部转移
Shift your focus inward.
询问你的思想和信仰
Question your thoughts and beliefs.
通过探究 沉思 瑜伽 或者像马蒂厄·里卡一样
Seek to rediscover your true selfthrough inquiry, contemplation, yoga. Or,
通过冥想 试图重新发现真实的自己
as Matthieu Ricard said,through meditation. Now,
现在一种
one way
看到真实而非程序化的自己的方法
that you can see what is truly you and not just programming
就是着眼于你的生理
is to look at your biology.
罗伯特·科宁格博士来自我的母校
Dr C Robert Cloninger from my alma mater,
华盛顿大学医学院
the Washington UniversitySchool of Medicine,
他研发了气质性格量表
developed the TCI.
气质性格量表是气质和性格的清单
The TCI is the temperamentand character inventory.
通过它你可以了解你真正的
You take it to learnwhat your true personality traits are
源自家庭的性格特征
that have come from your family,
即通过DNA遗传的个性
those aspects of our personality that are actually transmitted in the DNA.
这是一个好的开始
It is a good place to start, but
但正如你今天听到的 你的生理不能限制你
as you’ve heard today, your biology doesn’t limit you,
它只是一个起点
it’s just a starting point. Next,
然后 考虑你的优点 特质和才能
look at your positivetraits and talents. Now,
现在 我们都有各种各样的优势 能力和资源
we all have a varietyof strengths, abilities and resources,
但是他们并不能反映你最内核的自己
but they don’t reflectwho you are at your core.
但是你的性格优势是你个性的一些方面
But your character strengthsare those aspects of your personality
那些方面让你与众不同 有参与感
that make you unique, feel engaged,
并且深切地感受到生活是值得的
and actually make you feellike life is worth living.
你能够通过测试
You can learn aboutyour character strengths
了解你的性格优势
by taking the VIA survey.
这是在马丁•塞利格曼博士的指导下开发的
This was developed under the guidanceof Dr Martin Seligman.
在研究应用积极心理学的同时
While studyingapplied positive psychology,
他教导我
he taught me
当我们在日常生活中
that when we use our signature strengths more
更多地使用优势时
in our daily life,
我们可以实现真正的幸福
we can achieve authentic happiness,
创造更多的心流
create more flow,
并感到自己所做的事很有价值
and a feeling thatwhat we do in life matters.
当你觉得你的生活充满意义时
When you feel that lifehas meaning and purpose,
你会更好地照顾自己
you take your better care of yourself.
你会更轻松地表达自己的想法
You will express yourself more freely,
然后
and…
你会真正开始感到开心和充满希望
you really startto feel happy and hopeful.
而这些积极的情绪和乐观情绪
And these positive emotions and optimism
会大力推动您取得成功
go a long way towards setting you up for success,
并且更健康更长寿
better health and longevity.
事实上荷兰人研究发现
In fact, a Dutch men’s study
仅仅乐观就能降低所有类型的死亡率
found that optimism alonecould decrease all types of mortality ,
特别是源于心脏疾病的死亡
And in particular,death from heart disease,
这与妇女健康倡议不谋而合
as did the Women’s Health Initiative.
所以这种乐观态度至关重要
So,this type of optimism is critical.
我可以从个人经验告诉你
I can tell you from personal experience
否定自我表达其实会导致抑郁症
that denying your self-expressioncan actually lead to depression.
在我生命的大部分时间里
For most of my life,
我经历了两种人生
I have traveled two parallel paths
通过训练我是一名科学家
By training I am a scientist,
但我的热情使我成为一个艺术家
but by passion I’m an artist.
我母亲鼓励我大胆地在电视上登台演出
My mother encouraged meto boldly go onstage on television
和演奏音乐
and to play music.
但并非她把我推向艺术
But it wasn’t thatshe pushed me into the arts,
而是我们的家庭环境影响了我的决定
it was our home environmentthat shaped my decision.
孩子应该展示自我 而非等待别人了解
Children ought to be seen, not heard.
这是我母亲成长的时候
This was one of those leftoverVictorian ideals from England,
英国维多利亚时代遗留的一种观念
when my mother grew up.
但是当我在舞台上时
But when I was on stage,
我觉得自由终于表达了自己
I felt free to finally express myself.
通过表演我可以自如地
And by performing, I could naturally get
进入到那个轻松的状态
into the zone and that flow state.
然后我父亲对我的影响同样令人印象深刻
Now,my father’s influencewas equally impressive.
他告诉我在全世界一百万个艺术家中
He told me thatonly one in a million artists
只有一个能够成功享誉世界 所以你应该去学校接受教育
can make it in the world so go to school and get an education.
我想让父亲高兴
I wanted to keep my father happy,
所以我牺牲了我最热爱的表演
so I sacrificed my biggest passion for performing
然后成为了一名医生
to become a doctor.
可以说 我是不幸的
And, for the most part, I was miserable.
那么你自己塑造自己的方式呢
So what if the way you’ve molded yourself,
是让别人基于虚假的信息
or allowed others to shape you,
来塑造你吗?
was based on false information?
如果你总是做一个普通人
If you’re always trying to be normal,
你将永远不会知道你有多么惊人
you’ll never know how amazing you can be.
愿她安息
And may she rest in peace.
通过前十年的医疗实践
During the first ten yearsof my medical practice,
我发现无论多少针灸 药物治疗
I discovered that no matterhow many acupuncture needles, medications,
外科手术 甚至是心理治疗
surgeries,or even psychotherapy given,
有些人不会变得更好
some people just wouldn’t get better.
更糟糕的是他们康复之后
Or worse, they’d get better,
再患上其他疾病或成瘾
and then come down with some other illness or addiction.
当我问为什么并深入探究时
And when I asked why and probe deeper.
我发现一些人并不爱和接受自己
I discovered that some of themdidn’t love and accept themselves.
他们不重视自己的生活
They didn’t value their lives,
甚至没有觉得他们应该得到健康和幸福
and they didn’t even feel that they deserved good health and happiness.
不知何故我觉得这很熟悉
Somehow that felt very familiar to me.
当我们被强迫变得完全不像自己
When we are coercedto be something that we are not,
或被迫追求那些
or forced to pursue goals that are not
并不是自己选择的目标
of our own choosing,
我们经常接受别人的信仰
we often take on the beliefs of others
这可能会导致我们自暴自弃
that can literally causeour own self-rejection
和自我厌恶
and self-loathing.
现在我也确实用过我的拍照技术
Now I did use my on-camera skills
与世界上一些最大的媒体品牌成功合作
to work successfully with some of the largest media brands in the world.
但是我们创造的角色
But the persona that we created
与我真正想要的成为的人不是真正一致的
was not authentically alignedwith who I really was.
我对伪名人身份感到不舒服
I didn’t feel comfortablewith my pseudocelebrity status,
我甚至开始隐藏我的一些成功
and I even started to hidesome of my success
因为我讨厌人们创造的刻板印象
because I hated the image that we created.
我也藏起悲伤
I also hid my sadness,
在杂志的封面上微笑 还做了脱口秀采访
smiling on the cover of magazinesand doing talk-show interviews,
我戴着幸福的面具
I wore a happy mask…
但我内心很痛苦
while internally I suffered. Now,
现在那些缺乏自爱的病人
that subset of patientsthat lacked self-love
实际上是我所经历的一面镜子
was actually a mirrorto what I was experiencing.
当我们不充分发挥我们的潜力时
When we don’t utilizeor live up to our full potential,
我们冒着变得绝望和沮丧的风险
we risk becoming hopeless and depressed.
我们可能会发挥作用 但不会满足
We may be functional, but not fulfilled;
我们可能会成功 但不会满意
we may be successful, but not satisfied.
我们经常暴饮暴食 争强好胜 或者通过购物
To numb our pain we often overeat,overdrink,
来麻痹我们的痛苦
overachieve or shop.
在这种情况下我们不是唯一受苦的人
But we’re not the only oneswho suffer in that scenario.
我们对周围的人产生了深远的影响
We have a profound impacton the people around us,
我们的同事 伴侣 特别是子女
our co-workers, our romantic partnersand especially our children.
正是那些能够而且应该从我们独特的天赋中受益的人
The very ones who could and should benefit from our unique gifts.
没能享受到我们的才华带来的美丽
are deprived of the beauty of our talents.
用极大的勇气来成为真正的自己
Takes a lot of courage to grow up and become who you really are.
循规蹈矩会让你
This sort of practiced conformity
在面对真相时感到困难甚至恐惧
can make it very difficult, and even scary, to live your truth.
我们常被恐惧震慑 或被痛苦折磨
Often we’re paralyzed by fear,or so racked with pain,
我们觉得无法继续下去了
that we feel like we just can’t go on.
我的情况就是这样
And that’s what happened in my case.
现在 我不建议你这么做
Now,I don’t recommend it,
但跌到谷底可能会因祸得福
but hitting rock bottom can be a blessing in disguise.
我们自身的堕落会把我们推向
Our very own downfall can propel us
自我表达和自我接纳的新高度
to new heights of self-expressionand self-acceptance.
对我来说我的人生低谷出现在2005年
For me, my rock bottom came in 2005
那是黑暗的抑郁 生死的考验
in the form of a dark depression,an existential crisis.
虽然我没有时间分享细节
And while I don’t have the timeto share the details,
但我可以告诉你在深度冥想
I can tell you that that in deep meditation
和在上帝面前痛哭的时候
and crying my eyes out before God,
我有过一次濒死般的
I had a near-deathlike,
灵魂出窍的经历 震撼了我的世界
out-of-body,experience that rocked my world,
我也从另一个角度审视人生
including a life review on the other side,
我一瞬间明白了自己的选择是
where I understood in a flash how my choices
如何塑造了我现在的生活
shaped my present life.
我明白了只有自己才有权
I got it that we are the ones
选择自己的人生角色
that should choosewho we will be in this lifetime.
我们应该要充分表达自己
And we are meantto express ourselves fully,
我们都是如此的可爱
and we are all so totally lovable.
在那些瞬间 我体会到了 对自己和对人类
In those moments, I experiencedthe most pure, absolute love
一切最纯粹 最绝对的爱
for myself and for everything in humanity.
随后我开始深入研究濒死体验
Following that, I dove into the researchof near-death experiences,
意识神经科学
the neuroscience of consciousness,
甚至量子物理和
and even the link between quantum physics
人类呈现自己最深层渴望的方式 之间的联系
and how we manifest our deepest desires.
无论哪种观点吸引了你
And no matter which perspectiveappeals to you,
都归结到这句话:
it all boils down to this:
真正的快乐和完全的健康是你的与生俱来的权利
authentic happiness and total wellness are your natural birthrights.
在这一生中 你拥有一个独一无二的目标去实现
You have a unique purposeto fulfill in this lifetime,
即使你的角色看起来很小
even when your role seems small.
因此 您将梦想变为现实的第二把钥匙
So,your second key to transformingyour dreams into reality
是去爱你自己
is to love who you are.
从那里你可以恢复真实的自我
From there you can revive the true self,
重写你的自我描述
rewrite your self-description,
并重建你真实的自我
and rebuild the living templeof your authentic self.
现在这个由我亲身验证的积极心理研究表明
Now the positive psychology research on on my own experience
我们每个人都可以
shows that there’snothing short of miracles
创造奇迹
that are availableto each and every one of us.
从克服抑郁症 在化疗和癌症后迅速恢复活力
From overcoming depression, bouncing backafter chemotherapy and cancer,
到革命性的新商业理念
to revolutionary new business ideas,
都充满着无限可能性
the possibilities are endless.
你会如何利用自己的潜力?
How will you use your potential?
甘地说我们必须成为我们想在这个世界看见的改变
Ghandi said we must be the change we wish to see in the world.
所以这并不奇怪
So it’s no surprise
第三个关键是成为真正的自己
that your third key is to live who you really are.
发掘你的梦想和激情
Uncover your dreams and your passions,
与世界分享
and share them with the world;
你的想法 你的声音 但最重要的是你的存在
your ideas, your voice,but most importantly your presence,
因为你是世界的礼物
because you are a gift to the world.
那么你就成功了
So there you have it.
我还有一个小小的想法
There is my one small idea:
成为你真正的自己
Become who you really are.
首先要知道你不仅拥有肉体
First learn that you aremore than your body;
还拥有智慧的头脑
you are not the monkey mind.
你不仅仅是一个病人或体重秤上的一个数字
You are more than a present illness or a number on a scale,
你有的不仅仅是过去的成功或者是失败
you’re more than your pastsuccess or failures.
你充满着无限的潜力
You are an infinite being full of potential
去改变你现在的生活
to make a difference in this life.
从你自己开始
starting with your own.
爱自己接受自己的缺点和所有
Love yourself,accept yourself flaws and all,
照亮你阴暗的角落
Shine a light
让它们变得完整而健康
on your shadowy parts to integrate and heal them,
拥抱你的优势 赞美你的独特
Embrace your strengthsand celebrate your uniqueness.
你本来就很可爱
You are lovable just as you are.
最后 去活出最真实的你吧
And,finally, live who you really are.
你听过用你的才能和想法去服务他人
You’ve heard it: use your talents and your ideas in service to others.
因为我们需要你 世界也将依赖于你
Because we need you,the world is depending upon it.
我最后要说的是:做你自己
I will leave you with this: be yourself…
因为原型往往比复制品要更有价值
because an originalis always worth more than a copy.
这是我觉得值得传播的想法
And that’s my idea worth spreading.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
[掌声]
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们需要脱掉面具成为自己。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Magneto

审核员

审核员_DY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pW2b1vwwf4

相关推荐