ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

新闻回顾:特朗普驳回美国司法部的移民禁令 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

新闻回顾:特朗普驳回美国司法部的移民禁令

BBC News Review: Trump dismisses US attorney general over immigration ban

BBC英语学习之新闻评论
News review From BBC learning English.
大家好 欢迎来到新闻评论 本节目
Hello and welcome to News Review. The program
要教你如何在日常英语中
where we show you how to use the language
使用热点新词
from the latest news stories in your everyday English
(音乐)
( music )
(音乐)
( music )
嗨 我是Neil 这是我的搭档Catherine 你好 Catherine
Hi, I’m Neil, joining me is Catherine. Hello, Catherine.
你好 Neil
Hello, Neil.
今天你给我们带来了什么?
So what have you got for us today?
今天故事讲述的内容与刚刚失业的人有关
Got a story today about someone who’s just lost their job.
一个失业的人 情况看似不妙 对吗?
someone who’s lost their job, that doesn’t seem very nice, does it?
让我们从BBC世界新闻简报了解更多情况
Let’s find out more from this BBC World Service News Bulletin.
特朗普总统已经开除了司法部代理部长 Sally Yates
President Trump has fired his acting attorney general, Sally Yates,
原因是几个小时之前 Sally Yates 在法庭上告诉
hours after she told justice department lawyers
司法部门的律师不要维护特朗普有争议的旅行限令 这个限令限制七个主要的穆斯林国家的人去美国
not to defend his controversial travel restrictions against seven mainly Muslim countries in court.
一份白宫声明中指控 Sally Yates 说她背叛
A White House statement accused her of betrayal.
那么 正如你所知道的 几天前
So as you probably know, a few days ago,
特朗普总统规定
President Trump gave an order
禁止七个主要的穆斯林国家的人进入美国
banning people from 7 Muslim majority countries from entering the United States of America.
现在这个政策遭到许多人的反对
Now there has been a lot of disagreement about this policy.
而美国司法部长作为司法部门的首席检察官
And the US Attorney General, that’s the head of the Justice Department.
告诉司法部律师不要在法庭上为这条禁令辩护
has told Justice Department lawyers not to defend the ban in court.
结果 特朗普总统将她辞退了
And as a result of this, President Trump has removed her from her job.
好吧 你一直在浏览有关这个故事的新闻和网站
OK…Well, you’ve been scanning the news, websites for the story. And
呃……哪些词或者表达方式比较实用呢?
um…What are the words and expressions which are useful?
好吧 所以今天我们要学习
OK, so today we are going to look at
Sack
Sack
Fire
Fire
Defying
Defying
和Betrayal
and Betrayal
Sack或fire defying和betrayal
Sack or fire, defying and betrayal.
好 让我们从第一个开始 sack或fire
So let’s start with the first one, sack or fire.
好 在BBC新闻网站上 我们有这样的标题
OK, so on the BBC News website. We have the headline,
特朗普解雇有挑衅行为的首席检察官Sally Yates
Trump sacks defiant acting attorney general Sally Yates.
在天空新闻网上 特朗普因为旅游禁令辞退首席检察官
And on Sky News, Trump fires attorney general over travel ban.
所以“sack”和“fire”的意思都是炒鱿鱼的意思
So both ‘sack’ and ‘fire’ meaning remove from the job.
这两个词有什么区别?
What is the difference between those?
它们是可以互换的
They are pretty much interchangeable.
“Fires”通常用在美式英语中然而“sacked”更多用于英式英语
But ‘Fires’ is generally American English, whereas ‘sacked’ in here more in British English.
尽管英国人知道“fire”和“sack”是一样的意思
Although British people do understand ‘fire’ and ‘sack’ as being… having the same meaning.
是啊 它们都是短而引人注目的单词
Yeah, they are both quite of short dramatic words.
非常简短 非常引人注目的 非常不正式
Very short, very dramatic, very informal,
你不常在书面上见到它们 你不会把它们用在正式的信或邮件里
You don’t see them very much written down, you wouldn’t put them in a formal letter, you wouldn’t probably put them in a formal email.
解雇的正式说法或许应该是dismiss
The formal way is probably dismiss.
是的,而且嗯……这些词经常被用于被动语态 不是么?
Yes, and um… these words are often used in the passive, aren’t they?
这些词的使用方法是 ‘be fired’ ‘get sacked’(你会被解雇的)
That use you can ‘be fired’, you can ‘get sacked’.

Yeah.
嗯……嗯……对 我们常常这样使用它们 是的
Em…em…yeah, we often use them in that way. Yes.
就是 在英式英语中有这样的一种表达方式
Yeah, and there is an expression in British English.
我们通常说 ‘to give someone the sack’(解雇某人)
We say, ‘to give someone the sack’.
你可以give someone the sack 但不是字面上的给某人什么东西
you can give someone the sack, not literally giving them anything,
而是意味着你要将他们从工作岗位上开除
but it means you are removing them from their jobs.
通常是因为他们搞砸了工作或者在工作上的表现不太好 不能胜任工作
Usually because they’ve done something bad or because they haven’t performed or succeeded in their job very well.
这种离开岗位方式不好 这和裁员或退休不一样
Yeah, this is not a nice way of losing it…yeah, it is not redundancy or retirement.
对 这不是一个愉快的结局
No, it’s not a happy ending.
你不想离开所以你不会离开 你离开那是因为别人跟你说了要你离开
You are not leaving because you want to. You are leaving beause you’ve been told to leave,
通常是由于你于某个问题有关
because of a problem that you are responsible for usually.

Yeah.
—你被解雇过吗 Neil? —无稽之谈!我被解雇过吗?
-Yeah.Have you been sacked, Neil ?-What an incredible question! Have I been sacked?
不 我从来没有被解雇过
No, I’ve never been sacked.
但是 你懂的 这只是目前没有
But, you know, there’s time yet.
‘目前没有’ 我们要看看是不是能发现什么
There’s time yet. We’ll see if we can sort something out.
将某人从工作岗位上撤离—因为她每天都迟到 所以被解雇了
remove someone from their job-She was sacked because she was late everyday.
—司机因为喝酒 被他开除了
-He fired the driver for being drunk.
被解雇的可能原因或许会
Possible reason for being sacked or fired, could be
联系到下一个词
connected to the this next word.
下一个词 好的 我们这次把目光转向独立报网站
Next word, OK. So we are moving on this time to The Independent website.
标题称
The headline says,
特朗普因司法部代理部长拒绝执行难民禁令将其开除
Donald Trump fires acting Attorney General for defying executive order banning refugees.
那么就来说一说defying
So, defying.
是的 defying的意思是拒绝服从
Yeah, defying meaning refusing to obey.
对 那会是……你可以拒绝服从一个人……个人或者权威
Yeah, and that can be…you can refuse to obey a person…a person or authority.
你可以拒绝服从命令
You can refuse to obey an order.
你可以拒绝服从规则
You can refuse to obey a rule.
如果你拒绝服从 通常是一种抗议行为
And if you do this refusal to obey, usually as an act of protest,
因为你不喜欢做 别人要求你做的事情
because you don’t like what you’ve been told to do.
我们说这种行为……呃……是反抗
That we call it…it um…it’s defiance.
或者 在这种情况下 用动词形式defy 或defying
Or in this case…in the verb form, defy or defying.
是的 这经常是一种故意行为 不是么?
Yeah. Yes, it is a deliberate act, isn’t it often?
你表现出你的不满或不妥协
You are showing your displeasure or your disagreement.
这完全是一种激进的行为 这是抗议 你通常不会安安静静地去做这样的事
And it’s quite an aggressive act. It’s a protest. You don’t do it quietly, usually.
‘act of defiance’ 是一种非常好的表达抗议的方式
An act of defiance. And that’s a really nice expression, act of defiance.
指的是你做某事以表示你真的不愿意去做
It’s something you do to show that you really don’t like
别人要求你做的事情
what you’ve been told to do.
例如 如果你是吸烟者 你就会认为吸烟是你的人权
For example, if you were a smoker, and you thought that it was your human right to smoke.

Yeah.
在任何地方吸烟
Anywhere,
当你来到这个国家或其它禁烟国家的某个餐厅
And when you went into a restaurant in this country or many other countries where smoking is now illegal as banned.
你拿出你的烟并点燃
and you took out your cigarette and lit it.
很拽—很愤怒地—把烟喷到经理的脸上
-Proudly, – Proudly – angrily, – exhaling your smoke- in the manager’s face.
那将会是明显的反抗……强烈的抗议行为
That would a large act…a strong act of defiance.
你可能会被赶出餐厅 如果你在工作的时候这样做 你将会被解雇
You probably would be removed from the restaurant. And if you did it at work, you might get sacked.
嗯 完全正确
Yes, absolutely.
拒绝服从—服从我 否则休想赚我的钱
refusing to obey-Stop defying me or I’ll stop your pocket money.
因为抗议吸烟禁令 我被从咖啡馆赶了出来
I was thrown out of the cafe for defying the smoking ban.
现在轮到哪个词
Which leads us on now,
成为我们第三个词和标题?
to our third word and headline?
好 我们现在看着ITV新闻网站 网站的标题是
OK.So now we are looking at ITV News Website. And the headline here is:
特朗普因为司法部长在旅行禁令问题中表现出的背叛而解雇了她
Trump fires attorney general over travel ban ‘betrayal’.
背叛
Betrayal, an act…
不忠的行动
of not being loyal.
是的……这有点像反抗不是么?
Yes…it’s a little bit like defiance, isn’t it?
在某种程度上 当你做的事情与别人对你的期待或者对你下一步行动的预料相反时 你就是背叛
It is in a way, when you are doing something opposite to what is expected of you or opposite of what people think you are going to do.
而反抗 是你违背了规则或者权威去反抗
With defiance, you are protesting…you doing it against rules or authority.
而背叛是你做一些对不起朋友或者信任的事
With betrayal, you are doing something which works in opposition to friendship or trust.

Yeah.
例如 你可能很支持的某支足球队
For example, perhaps um…you support a certain football team.
足球队里有你真的很喜欢的球星
And you got a star player, the guy that you really love.
—后来 在某个季度 他决定加入同一城市里的 最近的对手球队—你讨厌的邻家的球队
-And then, one season, he decides to play for the city rivals, the closest…-the nextdoor team you hate.
—那么……—不要……
-So…-No…
可能你们会支持曼奇斯特州而球员去了曼奇斯特市
maybe you support Manchester United and the player goes to the Manchester City
或是皇家马德里队 他们去参加马德里竞技或者去巴塞罗纳
or real Madrid,they go to Atletico Madrid or Barcelona.
我绝不会原谅他的
I would never forgive him.
—纽卡斯尔 桑德兰—不
-New Castle, Sunderland…-No,
—这样的事情即使谈论一下都会受不了的—这个是背叛
-don’t even talk about it-It’s an act of betrayal
这就是背叛行为 球迷会非常气愤
It’s an act of betrayal, the fans would be very upset.
因为这个人
Because this person
得到他们的信任 他们的友情 他们的支持
has taken their trust, and their friendship, and their support
而他所做的事情真的表现出他不在乎这些
and he has done something which really shows he doesn’t care about that
—对—那个……
-Yeah -And that’s…
—那就叫做背叛 背叛某人—是的
-That’s called betrayal, to betray somebody-Yeah.
抗议和背叛
And both defying and betrayal
它们是非常引人注目而且很严肃的词
they’re quite dramatic and serious words
嗯……明显这是件严肃的事情 所以
It’s most definitely…um…It’s a serious story. So,
我们用的是严肃的词语 但是你可以在日常英语中使用defy
we use serious vocabulary. But you can use words like defy
和betray这样的词
and betray in your everyday English.
不忠的行为—娶他的前妻的姐妹就是不忠
act of not being loyal-Marrying his ex-wife’s sister was a betrayal.
—当足球运动员去了对手的队伍 球迷就会认为这是不忠的
-When the footballer joined the rival team, the fans saw it as an act of betrayal.
好了 在我们回顾……嗯……
Ok, well, before we recap on the um…
今天学过的单词之前 我们当然还要进行一个脸书挑战
vocabulary we’ve looked at today. We of cource have a Facebook challenge.
我们学会了sack和fire用来表示炒某人鱿鱼
and we’ve heard sack and fire, meaning to remove someone from their job
我们问到的这些词中的哪个词有相同的意思?是
which of these words we asked also has the same meaning, is it
A. dismiss
A.dismiss
B. retain 还是C. hire
B.retain or C. hire
好 然后
OK, and
在我们的脸书上收到了很多答复 正确答案是A. dismiss
We had a lot of answers on facebook, as usual um…the crorrect answer is A. dismiss
这是fire或者sack同义的正式说法
is a form of equivalent to the word ‘fire’ or ‘sack’.
几乎每个回答问题的人都答对了 其中几个答对了的人是
Nearly everybody got it right and so we’ve picked out just a few well done and test that.
Agoanou、Hamidemamood、Aliya Ebroham等等都选择了答案A
Agoanou, Hamidemamood, Aliya Ebroham, and everybody else choose it-answer A.
dismiss 很棒
Dismiss. Well done.
是的 做的不错 现在
Yes, well done. And now
就让我们回顾一下学过的词
just a recap please of the words we’ve looked at.
对 我们已经学了sack
Yeah, we had sack and
和fire 都有辞退的意思
fire, both meaning remove from a job
我们讲了defying—拒绝服从的意思
We had defying- refusing to obey
还有betrayal
And betrayal
不忠的行为
an act of not being loyal.
好了 如果你想检验一下自己对今天所学词汇的掌握程度
Okay, well. If you’d like to test yourself on today’s vocabulary.
你可以在这个BBC英语学习网站做个测试
There’s a quiz you can take at our website BBC learning English.com
你还能找到可以来帮你提高英语水平的各种视频和活动。
You can also find all sorts of videos and activities to help you improve your English.
谢谢你的加入 再见
Thanks for joining us and goodbye!
再见
Goodbye.
来自BBC英语学习之新闻评论
News Review from BBC learning English.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

单词讲解:英美英语差异,小知识,教你炒鱿鱼怎么说!

听录译者

Jake

翻译译者

没有如果

审核员

瞌睡虫儿

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5Lt7qby2c

相关推荐