ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

barking up on the wrong tree – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

barking up on the wrong tree

Barking up the wrong tree: The English We Speak

菲菲-大家好 欢迎来到The English We Speak
Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
我是菲菲
I’m Feifei… Rob:
罗布- 我是罗布 大家好 呃
And I’m Rob. Hello. Errr,
菲菲 你看起来有点生气啊
Feifei, you’re looking a bit angry. Feifei:
菲菲-我 生气 我快炸了好吧
Me, angry! I am angry. Rob:
罗布-哦 怎么呢
Oh no, what’s the problem? Feifei:
菲菲-你应该知道我为什么生气 罗布
I think you know Rob.
有人向老板告密说昨天我把咖啡洒他电脑上了
Somebody told the boss that I spilt coffee over his computer
菲菲-今天老板看见我特别生气
yesterday – and now he’s angry with me. Rob:
罗布-谁那么差劲想
Oh no. What kind of mean and horrible person
要找你麻烦呢
would try and get you into trouble? Feifei:
菲菲-昨晚只有你和老板
You and the boss were the only people
在办公室 是不是
left in the office last night. Hmmm? Rob:
罗布-哦哦 菲菲 等一下 你是在暗示
Whoa – hold on Feifei. If you are implying
我是那个告密的人吗
it was me who told the boss,
那你真是找错人了
then you are barking up the wrong tree. Feifei:
菲菲-不要让火上浇油
Please don’t make me any angrier
居然还说我像只狗
by saying that I am like a dog! Rob:
罗布-不是 菲菲 冷静冷静
No, no Feifei. Just calm down.
我说气话是因为
I should be angry because you are making the wrong
我根本没有向老板告密
assumption about who told the boss, OK?
我说的barking up the wrong tree意思是
That’s what I mean by barking up the wrong tree –
你想怪别人 但是怪错了人
you want to blame someone but you got the wrong person.
我都不知道你洒了咖啡
I didn’t even know you had done it. Feifei:
菲菲-对不起 所以barking up the wrong tree这个短语
OK, I’m sorry. So the phrase’barking up the wrong
意思是做某事时
tree’ means making the wrong assumption
做出了错误的猜测
when trying to achieve something.
能举些例子吗
Shall we hear some examples
我给你冲咖啡赔礼 例子
while I make you a coffee to say sorry…? Examples:
如果你觉得我有多余的现金
If you think I have enough spare cash
支付你的度假的费用 那你真的找错人了
to pay for your holiday, then you’re barking up the wrong tree.
如果你觉得我是那个说你走了的人
You’re barking up the wrong tree
那你就找错人了
if you think I was the one who said you were leaving.
不是我
It wasn’t me!
如果你觉得我会借给你我的车
You’re barking up the wrong tree if you think
那你找错人了
I’m going to lend you my car.
我知道你的开车技术
I’ve seen how you drive! Feifei:
菲菲-你现在收听的是The English We Speak
You’re listening to The English We Speak.
我们正在讨论短语 barking up the wrong tree
We’re talking about the phrase ‘barking up the wrong tree’.
意思是对某人或某事做出错误的猜测
It means to make a wrong assumption about someone or something. Rob:
也可以表示
The phrase can also mean doing something
用一种方式做某事 但并没有成功
in a way that will not work – you’re basically
几乎是在浪费时间 像一个侦探想要解决
wasting your time. Like a detective trying to solve
一起显而易见的犯罪 但却抓错了人
a crime by obviously arresting the wrong man –
他弄错人了
he’s barking up the wrong tree. Feifei:
菲菲-好了 懂了 你的咖啡
Ok Rob understood – and here’s your coffee
我为我弄错人向你道歉
to say sorry for barking up the wrong tree. Rob:
罗布-谢谢 你保证你这次不会洒了
Thanks – make sure you don’t spill it this time.
老板肯定会大发雷霆的
The boss would be really angry!
(汪汪汪) 我说啥了
(ANGRY DOG GROWL!)…what did I say? Feifei:
菲菲-如果让我知道就是你向老板告密的
If I find out you did tell the boss,
我很确信能找对人
I’ll make sure to bark up the right tree,
知道了吗
OK? Rob:
罗布-菲菲 我希望你叫的比你咬的厉害
Oh Feifei, I hope your bark is worse than your bite.
再见
Bye. Feifei:
菲菲-再见
Bye

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

找错人了 弄错人了

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

阿天天

审核员

审核员 HZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIpQ5nfnKw

相关推荐