未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你真的比大多数人更好吗?

Are You Above Or Below Average?

本集由Skillshare赞助播出
This episode is supported by SKILLSHARE.
你知道你和其他人比起来有什么不同吗?
Do you ever wonder how you stack up to others?
比如说
For example, in North America,
如果你居住在北美而且 身高超过175.7cm
if you’re a male who is taller than 5’9,
(男)或者超过161.8cm(女)
or a women taller than 5’3,
那么你的身高就超过了人均水平
then you’re above average.
如果你的体重低于88.3kg
And, if you weigh less than 88.3 kilograms
(男)和74.7kg(女) 那么你的体重就低于平均水平
and 74.7 kilograms then you’re below average.
而在世界范围内 人类平均体重则是62kg
Worldwide, however, humans actually weigh 62 kilograms on average.
如果你一年没读到12本书
If you read less than twelve books a year,
那么你就没达到人均阅读水平
you’re below average.
而那些手不释卷的人每年的读书量
But avid readers likely inflate this number
可是要在平均数的基础上乘以4
with four books per year being the most common number reported.
如果你能每分钟速读300字
And, if you can read faster than 300 words per minute,
那么你就比平均水平更快
you’re above average.
每分钟打字数超过40字
Type more than 40 words per minute
你就超越了大多数人
and you’re also faster than the majority.
如果你有着学士及以上的学历
If you finished a bachelor’s degree or higher,
你的教育程度就比平均水平更高 不过如果你是来自工业化国家
you’re above average. But, if you don’t finish high school,
却连高中都没有读完 不过如果你是来自工业化国家 却连高中都没有读完
and you’re from an industrialized nation,
那就拖了全国平均水平的大腿 毕竟只有10%的人没有完成高中教育
you’re far below average with only about 10% not finishing.
如果你能推举135磅(约61kg)的重物
If you’re a man who can bench press more than 135 pounds,
你就比大部分人更强壮
you’re stronger than many.
如果你是一名女性而且能在7-10分钟内完成一英里长跑
And if you’re a woman who can run a mile
如果你是一名女性而且能在7-10分钟内完成一英里长跑
in less than seven to ten minutes,
你就比大部分女性跑的更快
you’re faster than the others.
如果你在精疲力竭后需要超过6.8个小时的睡眠来恢复精力
If that tires you out and you sleep more than 6.8 hours,
那你就比大多数人更能睡
you’re getting more than the majority.
如果你每天用不到3杯咖啡就
And if to wake up you’re drinking less than
能保持振奋的精神 那你的咖啡摄入量就比大部分人低
3 cups of coffee per day, you’re below average.
还是觉得口渴吗?大多数人每天会喝下3-4杯水
Still thirsty? Most people drink 3 to 4 cups of water a day.
喝了太多想尿尿?
Too much fluid make you pee.
如果你每天小解少于6次
If you’re urinating less than 6 times a day,
那你就低于平均水平
you’re below average.
如果你今天做了两次或以上的“肠道运动”
And if you have more than one bowel movement today,
那你的肠道可能比平均水平更加活跃
you’re probably above average based on surveys.
不过你也不必要因为上厕所次数比一般人多而惊慌失措
But these are not necessarily reasons for concern.
一个人平均每天放屁14次
The average person farts around 14 times a day,
这些气体收集起来能达到500-1500ml
which is around 500 to 1500 milliliters.
已经成家了吗?
Have a family? If you end up having more than
如果一个在欧洲或北美的家庭有超过2个孩子
two kids in your lifetime, in most of Europe and North America,
那就超过了当地的平均水平
you’re above average.
不过如果你在尼日尔没生到6个孩子
But if you have less than 6 children in Niger,
那你才是少数派
you’re below average.
如果你每天看电视的时间超过
and if you’re watching more than 5 hours and 4 minutes
5小时4分钟 恭喜你已经达到大部分人都达不到的境界
of TV each day, that’s more than most.
不过其他人则会
That’s about the same amount of time
把这5小时4分钟用在玩手机
the average person spends on their mobile device.
如果你是名青少年
But if you’re a teen and spending less than
而花在社交上的时间少于9小时的话 反而是低于大多数人的平均水平
9 hours a day on media you’re actually under the average.
统计发现 一个人平均每天会触
The average person also simply touches their phone
碰他们的手机2000次
over 2,000 times a day.
暗自觉得比大多数人更聪明或者驾驶技术更高一筹?
Think you’re smarter than the average person or better at driving?
甚至还觉得比其他人更健康
How about having better health, memory
、记忆力更强、做朋友更义气?
or being a better friend than the average person?
研究发现大多数人都私下认为自己
Turns out the vast majority of people also
比大多数人更优秀
think they’re better than average
这种现象又被称为虚幻的优越性(达克效应)
in a phenomenon called illusory superiority.
这是一种认知偏差 即能力欠缺的人错误地认为自己比真实情况
It’s a cognitive bias where people overestimate their own abilities
更加优秀 根据一项在大学里的调查研究显示 87%的学生认为他们有着
and qualities with one study revealing 87% of students
较其他人更高的学术天赋 87%的学生认为他们有着较其他人更高
at a university surveyed rated their academic performance above the median.
的学术天赋 有趣的是 IQ低的人更
Interestingly, people with lower IQs tend to
容易高估他们的IQ 而IQ真正高于平均水平的人反而倾向
to overestimate their IQ while people who actually have above-average IQs
于低估自己的IQ水平
tend to underestimate them.
男性更倾向于将他们的IQ高估5分
Men are also more likely to overestimate their IQ by 5 points
而女性更容易低估她们的IQ
while women underestimate theirs.
不过通过认知测试得出的结果才是最让人出乎意料的
Perhaps, the most shocking is that in cognitive test
即使是得分最低的小组也会认为自己比大多数人更加聪明
even the lowest scoring groups predict that they’re above average
这毫无疑问是达克效应最好的佐证
showing a strong illusion.
研究人员认为这是由于得分最低的人
And researchers believe it’s because those worst at the test
在对任务难度评估的能力也是最糟糕的
are also worst at understanding the skills required to do it well.
该研究最终被授予2000年搞笑诺贝尔心理学奖
This paper actually won a Nobel Prize in 2000.
查理·布考斯基
In the words of Charles Bukowski,
曾经说过: 这个世界的问题就在于聪明的人们做事
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts,
时充满怀疑 而愚蠢的人们做事时却充满自信
while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
如果你想比一般人更加优秀 请关注我们的赞助商
If you’d like to be above average check out Skillshare,
——Skillshare
who has supported this video
Skillshare将
and is giving away a two-month free trial
为我们优先注册的500名粉丝提供2个月的免费试用服务
to the first 500 of our followers that signed up.
Skillshare是一家在线教育平台
Skillshare is an online learning community for creators
包含了设计、摄影等诸多课程
with more than 15,000 classes in design, photo and more.
每个人都可以在这里学习 尝试完成一个项目
Everyone can take a class try a project
甚至自己当老师来
and even teach a class themselves.
教授他人 只要10美元就可以享受参加站内所有课程
with premium membership as low as ten dollars a month for unlimited access.
请点击以下链接
Just head to the link skl.sh/asapscience
并使用我们的促销码:ASAPSCIENCE 你也可以在手机上
and use the promo code ASAPSCIENCE to sign up and learn.
使用Skillshare(即使是断网的情况下)
Even on their mobile app or while you’re offline.
使用Skillshare(即使是断网的情况下)
And subscribe for more weekly science videos every Thursday.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一天放14个屁正常吗?你知道你平均每天摸多少次手机吗?一天看9小时电视究竟多不多?这里有你从来没听说过的数据。最后还会解答你的终极问题:你真的比大多数人更聪明吗?

听录译者

Yolanda

翻译译者

grandpa

审核员

审核团H

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sicVlnf1Bws

相关推荐