未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

颜值高的人都是恶魔吗?

Are Good Looking People Jerks?

当你浏览约会软件时 你有停下来想过
While browsing the latest dating app, have you ever stopped and wondered .
为什么颜值高的人大多都是渣?
“why are so many of the good looking people jerks?"
这里有一个简单的回答可以解释这个现象
Well, it turns out that there’s a simple explanation for this phenomenon.
如果我们画一个横轴表示“颜值” 竖轴表示“善良度”的坐标图就能从中找寻到答案
If we make a little graph of niceness VS good looks,we can start to get an answer.
首先 我们必须假设人们是均匀的分布在这张图表上
First, we have to assume that people are equally spread across this chart
这意味着有些人是丑且刻薄的
meaning some people are mean and ugly
有些人丑但很温柔
some are ugly and nice
有些颜值高却心坏
some are good looking and mean
也有颜值高心也善
and some are good looking and nice!
当然 这些对人的看法都是基于你个人的口味和你对 颜好心善的评判标准
Of course, this is based on your subjective taste, and what you find beautiful and nice.
仔细想想 你对那些心黑脸丑的人可能不抱任何兴趣
Now if you think about it, you probably have zero interest in people who you find mean and ugly,
但这也意味着你潜在的交友范围变小了一点
meaning your pool of potential mates gets a bit smaller.
而且老实说你肯定对有特定品格又好看的人有偏好
And truthfully you probably prefer a certain combination of niceness and good looks.
最终 你认为可以接受的只有三角形区域的人并首先关注他们
Ultimately, we’re left with a triangle of people you find acceptable and give attention to in the first place.
但现在 朋友圈里所有剩余的没那么吸引你的人 都很善良
But now, 100% of the people left in your pool who aren’t that attractive to you are nice
他们必须这样 不然你都不会注意到他 毕竟如果一个人
– they have to be otherwise you wouldn’t pay them any attention.
性格很好 你可能就会降低对他们颜值的标准
After all, if somebody is nice, you’re less likely to be critical of their appearance
这样好人的颜值水平就被拉低了
which brings down the average of nice people’s looks.
同理 对你而言几乎有一半颜值高的人人品不好
To the same token, almost half of the people that is beautiful to you,are mean.
再一次 如果某人为人刻薄 你就会要求他颜值高 这才能吸引你关注他们
Again, if somebody is mean, you likely require that they be really attractive for you to give them many attention,
这样导致颜值高的人们好像都是混蛋
which makes it seem like more attractive people are jerks.
如果我们想的更远一点 我们可以假设那些颜好心善的人 都是抢手货
If we take this a step further we can assume that people who are both hot and nice are the best catches
所以很快就别抢光了 这就加深了你的观念和偏见
and get swept off the market more quickly,further increasing your perception and bias.
在食物界也有这种事
We can see a similar thing happen with food
你有没有想过 为啥健康的食物不好吃呢?
– do you ever wonder why it seems that healthy foods just don’t taste as good?
我们再画一个以“美味度”为横轴 “健康"为竖轴的图
Well ,let’s use our chart – Yumminess vs Healthiness.
当然 在这个图里的食物分布是不均匀的
Of course, in reality this chart probably isn’t evenly distributed,
因为我们创造出的食物都挺好吃的 所以图表的右边看起来更密一些
because food is often created to specifically taste good, so the right hand side of the graph is likely
不管怎样 我们都要去掉那些又不好吃对你又无益处的食物
more dense. Regardless, we can take out all the foods that don’t taste good and aren’t
你又何苦要去吃它们呢?但是剩下的食物都是你可以吃的
even good for you, because why would you bother eating them? But of the foods left over that
现在所有健康的食物对你而言都很难吃!
you do eat, now 100% of the foods that don’t taste good are good for you!
就像那个约会图表 因为你无视掉了你不喜欢的人和食物
Just like the dating graph, it’s because of the people or foods that you don’t pay
这导致你的认知出现了偏差
attention to, that your perception becomes skewed.
回到约会上 这很真实 在你看来颜值高的人更像是混蛋
Back to dating, and it’s true. From your perspective, good looking people are more
那是因为你会在第一时间关注他们
likely to be jerks – but it’s because of who you pay attention to in the first
但那些长得丑的流氓都被你无视了!
place. You simply ignore the ugly jerks!
特别感谢蓝围裙对本次节目的支持 并给前300位关注我们的观众
Special thanks to Blue Apron for supporting this episode, and giving the first 300 people
提供链接 报名的人有首单三餐免费的机会 蓝色围裙
who sign up with our link, three free meals on their first order. Blue Apron allows you
通过寄送有机新鲜佐料到你家中 来帮你做出一些美味的 有大厨水平的美食
to create delicious, chef-designed recipes, by delivering farm-fresh ingredients to your
这是一种简单又有趣的途径
doorstep in the exact right proportions for cooking! It’s a fun and simple way to try
来每周都尝试新的食谱 而这花费不到40分钟
new recipes every week, which take less than
你不必一直做一些同样的东西
40 minutes to make instead of doing the same old thing.
你可以通过我们简介里的链接来得到烹饪方法
You can get cooking by using the link in our description.
最后 你可以订阅我们 以便收看更多每周的科普视频
And subscribe for more weekly science videos!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

为什么有些人会吸引我们?而我们对另一些人却毫无感觉,没有兴趣呢?专家说,容貌、性格甚至气味都会影响人们对可选择对象的感觉和喜爱程度。最后好像找到了方法,但事实又或许与我们心理有关

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Ljimnn

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ907Aa7TYE

相关推荐