未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

美国东北部名校之哈佛大学

Anything Could Happen at Harvard

♪♪ [ Woman Vocalizing ]
♪♪[女声]
♪♪ [ Pop ]
♪♪[流行音乐]
♪ But now I’ve seen it through And now I know the truth ♪
♪但我已经醒悟 我知晓了真相♪
♪ That anything could happen ♪
♪那就是♪
♪ Anything could happen Anything could ♪
♪一切皆有可能 一切皆有可能♪
♪♪ [ Vocalizing Continues ]
♪♪[乐声袅绕]
♪♪ [ Ends ]
♪♪[音乐结束]
[ Anthony Narrating ] Every day, when I wake up…
[Anthony的叙述]每天 在我醒来的时候…
I still can’t believe I’m at Harvard.
我还是不敢相信我在哈佛
Like every freshman, I get to live in Harvard Yard…
和每个新生一样 我住在哈佛中庭里…
and I get to eat breakfast in Annenberg Hall.
在安能堡厅吃着早饭
– What’s up, you guys? – Hey.
– 大伙好啊 – 你好
I really enjoy my freshman seminar, “The Evolution of Aging.”
我很喜欢我的新生研讨班 研究衰老的过程
It’s just me, 15 other students and a faculty member.
这儿只有我 其他15个学生和一位指导员
And I get to work directly with my professor on research projects.
我可以直接和我的教授一起研究项目
I’m able to visit any of the other great Harvard schools…
我还能够去到哈佛的任意一处校区…
like the School of Engineering…
比如工程学院…
or the Kennedy School, where I’ve heard world leaders speak…
或是肯尼迪学院 在那我听过很多名人们的演讲…
or the medical school, which is pretty cool…
或是医药学院 那里真的很酷…
because I’m also training to become an E.M.T.– I want to become a doctor.
因为我也在学耳鼻喉科 我想成为一名医生
Every day, I get to hang out with my friends and try something new.
每天 我和我的伙伴们一起尝试新鲜的东西
[ All Shout ]
[全体欢呼]
Harvard is one university with a million things to explore…
哈佛是一所有着成百上千新事物等着你探索的地方…
and I’m glad I’ve got the next three years to try them all.
我很高兴接下去有三年时间能够把它们全部体验一遍
My name is Anthony, and I’m from Tucker, Georgia.
我的名字是Anthony 来自乔治亚州的塔克
The house system is here to make whatever you want to do at Harvard possible.
在哈佛 这里的舍院制让你有机会做任何你想做的事
There are 12 residential Harvard houses.
这里一共有12幢住宿楼以供居住
[ Female Student ] Each house has its own dining hall, its own community…
[女学生]每一幢宿舍都设有各自的食堂 属于各自的团体…
its own population of students.
和入住的学生们
After freshman year, you are randomly sorted into one of those houses.
每年新生入学 你会被随机安排进其中一幢宿舍内
Not only is the house a center for non-classroom learning…
这里不仅是作为课外学习的场所…
but it’s also a hub for social activity.
同样也是社交活动的中心
[ Female Student #2 ] You all live together and eat together…
[女学生2号]大家一起生活 一起吃饭…
and participate in events together.
共同参与各种活动
[ Female Student #3 ] There are people from every country…
[女学生3号]这儿有来自各国的人…
every religion, and that’s where you really learn.
各种信仰 你可以从中学到很多
A lot of the opportunities that you have…
你有很多机会可以…
to have those close one-on-one conversations…
去和教授或是来自其它大学的访问者
with a professor, with someone who’s visiting from another university–
进行近距离的一对一交流…
The place where you really get to engage with those people is in your house.
你可以在家中和他们交流
[ Man ] Our job’s really to try and help this house…
[男士]我们的工作是努力让住宿生活
be as vibrant and intellectual and fun as possible.
变得尽可能充满活力 有趣合理
[ Lowell Housemaster ] Lowell House is a place that has a lot of traditions…
[罗威尔舍院长]在罗威尔舍院有很多的传统…
like having tea on Thursdays at 5:00.
像是在星期四的5点要喝茶
– [ Female Student #4 ] There’s an opera every year.
– [ Male Student ] Dances in the house.
– [女学生四号]每年这儿都会举行歌剧会 – [男学生]宿舍里有舞蹈
It’s a good time to get to know other people in the house…
这是个去认识在同一宿舍里的其他人的好机会
to see your friends, catch up on the week.
或是从中找到你的朋友 聊聊天
It’s a place where you can be who you are and discover who you want to become.
这是一个可以尽情做你自己的地方 并能发现值得你学习的人
I think coming back home is a very comfortable space.
就好像回家了一样心情愉悦
[ Lowell Housemaster ] This is really an attempt to create a community within a college.
[罗威尔舍院长]这是一个尝试 在大学里建立社区一样的感觉
This is what makes a Harvard education very distinctive.
这就是为什么哈佛的教育如此优秀的原因
[ Jeremy Narrating ] I was born the middle child of Asian immigrants.
[jeremy的叙述]我父母是亚洲移民过来的
I’ve always loved playing the drums.
我一直很喜欢打鼓
I was an editor of my high school newspaper.
高中时我参与过校报编辑工作
And I got a summer internship working for a senator.
并在暑假时作为实习生为参议员工作过
Academics have always been important to me.
我一直很感谢我的教师们
I graduated from Harvard with a major in economics…
我毕业于哈佛 主修经济学…
and a minor in sociology.
副修社会学
Harvard’s an amazing place that let me explore everything…
哈佛是个神奇的地方 让我探索了各种事…
and the place where I learned I could become anything:
在哈佛我可以成为任何人
an economist, a politician…
经济学家 政治家…
or even a professional basketball player.
甚至是一名专业篮球选手
My name is Jeremy, and I’m class of 2010.
我的名字是Jeremy 是2010级的学生
♪♪ [ Rock ]
♪♪ [ 摇滚]
[ Man ] ♪ Whoo-hoo ♪
[男声]♪ 呼-吼 ♪
♪♪ [ Continues ]
♪♪ [ 音乐持续 ]
♪ Whoo-hoo ♪
♪ 呼-吼 ♪
♪♪ [ Continues ]
♪♪ [ 持续 ]
♪♪ [ Singing, Indistinct ]
♪♪ [含糊地唱]
♪♪ [ Ends ]
♪♪ [ 结束 ]
My name is Lucerito Ortiz. I’m from North Hills, California.
我叫Lucerito Ortiz 我来自加州北部的丘陵
My parents are two of the hardest-working people.
我父母两人都是工作狂
My dad works in gardening.
我爸是园艺
My mom found work as a housekeeper.
我妈在外面做全职保姆
We have a big family.
我们有一个大的家庭
We have to find ways to save as much as we can.
我们必须要想办法尽可能多存些钱
I learned to sew.
我学了裁缝
We have chickens, so that way we don’t have to buy eggs.
养了鸡 这样鸡蛋就不用去买了
They’re very, very delicious. Much better than store-bought eggs.
自家产的鸡蛋好吃极了 比店里买的要好的多
And we cook at home. It’s different ways to save money.
饭也是家里自己烧来吃 用了各种方法来省钱
They’ll sacrifice anything and everything for their children…
为了孩子他们牺牲了自己的所有
and they’ve worked incredibly hard to get us to where we are.
他们拼命地工作就为了把我们送来这儿
My daughter is a very, very responsible person…
我的女儿是个非常有责任心的人…
and she loved school.
而且她喜欢学校
But I ended up applying sort of as a joke, as a dare.
但是我提交了申请 出于玩笑的态度 或是胆量
A couple of friends and I were out on the track one day, just chatting.
我和一帮朋友在外面 闲聊了一天
We just said– We were laughing–
我们笑着说
“It would be so funny if you applied to Harvard.
“如果你申请去哈佛肯定会很有趣
We could frame your rejection letter.”
我们会帮你想好拒信的内容”
One day, Lucerito called me…
一天 Lucerito打电话给我
and she said, “Mom, guess what.”
她说:”妈 你猜怎么着”
The letter was there. I was on the phone with my mom.
我给我妈打电话时 信就放在身边
I said, “Mom, hold on.”
我说“妈 不要挂断”
And then she said, “Mom, I was accepted at Harvard.”
接着她说:”妈 我被哈佛录取了”
I ran all over my house, just yelling and screaming…
我在屋子里一边尖叫一边跑来跑去
and told my whole family…
我告诉了家里所有人
and we were all just in utter shock.
他们包括我都完全震惊了
My husband and I talked about, “We don’t have the money.”
我老公和我说:”我们没有那些钱”
I found out that for a family like ours…
我向与我们家处境相同的人打听到
we wouldn’t have to worry about affording Harvard.
我们不需要担心付不起哈佛的学费
Harvard has such an amazing financial aid program…
哈佛有很棒的资金援助程序
that for us, in reality, it was much more affordable…
对于我们 说真的 比其他任何公立学校
than attending any of the state schools.
要更易承担的多
I really, really admire her, and I’m so proud of her.
我真的为她感到骄傲 她是我们家的自豪
For me, Harvard wasn’t just for me…
对我来说 哈佛不单单对我而言…
it was for my whole family…
也对我整个家庭而言…
and I think my whole family has benefited immensely…
我们在哈佛的经历
from our experience at Harvard.
对我和家庭都意义重大
It’s an incredible feeling…
这是难以想象的体验
to feel like I was finally able to give something back to my family…
感觉就像在父母为我牺牲了那么多之后
after everything they sacrificed for me.
我终于可以回报些什么给他们了
One of the most important aspects of teaching the humanities…
人类教育最重要的一点就是…
is to transmit cultural values across time.
跨越时间把文化价值观传播下去
We pursue the study with the conviction that we’re training global citizens.
我们追求并致力于教育全世界的人们
Expanding your horizons and learning how to ask new questions…
拓展你的视野 学习如何提出新的问提…
and learning how to have your questions answered.
并学习如何得到你要的答案
This is a place that has art museums that are unique…
这里的艺术博物馆
in their depth and their breadth.
有其独一无二的深度和广度
The humanities shift and change as the great public issues…
人类会随着好的公共报刊…
and public questions of our times change.
和时代的不同所引发的公众问题而改变转换
By the time you graduate and you’ve picked a concentration or a major…
在你毕业的那天 你有了一技之长或是精通于一门专业
you’re really poised to do many and often unpredictable things.
你已经做好了十足的准备 为那些超乎想象的事情
Harvard is, in the best sense, a global university.
哈佛是一所全球性的大学
[ Emerance Narrating ] You can look just about anywhere from my house…
[Emerance Narrating]从我家环顾四周…
and you would see strictly land, and that’s about it.
陆地一眼望不到边 就是这么个地方
I live in Alberta, Canada.
我住在加拿大的艾伯塔
My great-great-grandparents came over here over a century ago…
我的高祖父母在一个多世纪之前来到了这里
and started a farm, and my dad still farms the same farm today.
建起了一个农场 而我的父亲今天还在经营着这个农场
In Canada, there’s only two seasons. One season is farming season.
在加拿大只有两个季节 一个是耕作的季节
The other is hockey season.
还有一个就是冰球季
I have a brother, Bronson. My sister is Brittaney.
我有一个哥哥 他叫Bronson 还有一个姐姐Brittaney
I have a brother, Brock, and a younger brother, Kache.
还有一个哥哥叫Brock 以及一个弟弟Kache
We all play hockey.
我们都是冰球运动的爱好者
Since I was little, there was just one team. I played with the guys.
从我小时候开始 只有一个冰球队 我就和他们一起玩
After that, I continued playing guys’ hockey.
在那之后 我继续打着冰球
I wanted to challenge myself all the time…
我总是想挑战自己
and prove to everyone that I could be just as good as the guys.
向所有人证明我能和男孩们打的一样好
When I was 13 years old, the team that I was playing on…
13岁的时候 我所在的球队
went to Boston for a tournament.
去波士顿参加联赛
My mom and I went together, and we toured Harvard.
我的母亲和我一起前去 我们还参观了哈佛大学
I fell in love with it right away.
然后我马上就爱上了它
I told my mom, “I’m gonna go here one day.”
我告诉我的母亲 “总有一天我要来这里上学”
My mom and dad taught us kids to work really hard…
我的父母教育我们做事情要全力以赴
and always challenge ourselves.
还有要时刻挑战自我
They told us to have a good work ethic, and no matter what…
他们告诉我们要有良好的职业道德
no matter how hard it was, to stick with it and you’ll get through it…
不管怎样 只要坚持下去 你终会渡过难关
and eventually, you’ll have success.
然后取得成功
My name is Emerance Maschmeyer…
我是Emerance Maschmeyer
and I play goalie for the Harvard women’s ice hockey team.
是哈佛女子冰球队的守门员
[ Nicholas Narrating ] I’m a journalist and Harvard class of 1982.
[Nicholas的叙述]我是一名记者 1982年毕业于哈佛大学
I’ve lived all over:
我四海为家
Egypt and Oxford.
埃及和牛津
China and Congo.
中国和刚果
And in my travels, I’ve discovered that Harvard isn’t just a place…
在我的旅程里 我渐渐发现哈佛不仅仅是一个地方
it’s a community.
它还是一个社区
I found support through Harvard bonds.
由于哈佛的关系 我得到了很多帮助与支持
There are more than 350,000 alumni scattered all over the world.
35万哈佛的校友遍布世界各地
We’re waiting for you to join us.
我们期待着你加入我们这个大家庭
My name is Nicholas Kristof.
我是Nicholas Kristof
When you consider Harvard, make sure to consider…
当你看待哈佛的时候 别忘了考虑一下
what comes after.
它背后的一切
[ Male Student Narrating ] My professor is the president…
[ 一位男同学的叙述 ]我的教授是
of the Society for the Study of Evolution…
进化研究学会和
and the American Genetic Association.
美国遗传协会的会长
He’s respected for employing genetic tools for the study of evolutionary biology.
他因使用遗传工具研究进化生物学而备受尊崇
He believes that close social bonds help the group to work better together in the lab.
他坚信紧密的社交关系有助于团队在实验室里更好地合作
We work side-by-side to analyze the data from my field research in Australia…
我们合作分析我在澳大利亚的实地调查数据
and to study the evolution of a pathogen.
一起研究病原体的进化
We’re doing the kind of science that the world expects from Harvard.
我们正在研究着一种来自哈佛的万众瞩目的科学
I just never expected to do it over breakfast.
我只是没想到能在早餐期间做这种事情
The first line of my application here…
我的申请书的第一行写的
said, “For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to be an actor.”
是“从我记事起 我就想当一名演员”
It was asking kind of who you were, and that was really who I was…
那像是在问你是什么人 我确实是那种人
and I wanted them to know who I was…
我想让他们了解我是一个什么样的人
and, whether they accepted me or not…
不管他们是否让我进入哈佛
I wanted them to know who they were gonna let in or not.
我都想让他们知道他们在决定谁要入学
Having grown up here, I think I had one way of looking at Harvard–
从这个地方成长起来 我想我有自己看待哈佛的方式
kind of a townie view of the school.
类似于一种学校生活观
Suddenly walking through as a prospective student…
突然自己作为一名未来的学生通过了考试
I just started to really take in how impressive it was.
我也开始真正理解了这是多么令人印象深刻
I assumed if I could get into an Ivy League school–
我自认为我能够进入常春藤盟校
That kind of touched every base for me.
这种想法可能已经在我内心生根发芽了
And then I got into Harvard, and it’s a very tough place to turn down.
然后我就去了哈佛 这实在是个令人难以抗拒的地方
This great teacher named Anthony Kubiak– I took a number of his classes.
Anthony Kubiak是名优秀的老师 我进入了他的班级
This was the final one that I took. It was the playwriting class.
实际上是拿到了他班上的最后一个名额 那是一个编剧班
I handed in the first act of a three-act movie–
我交了一个三幕电影的第一幕
what eventually became Good Will Hunting.
然后它最终变成了“心灵捕手”这部电影
I apologized to him when I handed him this 40-some-odd page document.
当我递给他这份40页的文件时,我向他道了歉
I just said, “I don’t think I did what you wanted.
我说“我认为我没满足你的要求和标准
I was supposed to write a one-act play…
我本应该写一个一幕剧本
and this is clearly the first act of a three-act movie.”
但这明显是一个三幕电影的第一幕剧本”
He was unbelievably encouraging.
令人难以置信的是他反而鼓励了我
He gave me a flat “A” in the class, which was a big deal.
他在班上给了我一个“A” 这可是一个大事儿
He wrote extensively in the margins–
他在空白的页边和他附在上面的空白纸上
or on a cover page that he put on it–
全面地写道
to “please keep up with this”–
“请再接再厉
that it was worthy, that it was good…
这是有价值的 优秀的
that it wasn’t anything close to a failure…
距离成功已经不再遥远
that it was something I had to pursue.
这是我应该追求的东西
So I showed it to Ben Affleck, and the rest is history.
所以我就给Ben Affleck看了 剩下的就成为历史了
[ Crowd Cheering ]
[人群的欢呼]
[ Chattering ]
[喧闹的人声]
[ Crowd Cheering ]
[人群的欢呼]
[ Joanne Narrating ] I didn’t plan to end up in the food business.
[ Joanne 的叙述 ]我不打算一直做视频生意
I started, right after graduation, working for a consulting firm.
刚毕业的时候 我进入一家咨询公司工作
I left the consulting firm and got a job at a restaurant…
离开公司以后我在一家餐厅找了一份工作
and then I fell in love with it.
然后我就深深爱上了这个行业
So I came back to Boston and opened a bakery.
所以我回到波士顿开了一家面包房
Now I own four bakeries and a restaurant.
现在我拥有四家面包房和一家餐厅
When I got to Harvard as a freshman–
当我作为一名新生进入哈佛的时候
I’d always been kind of a math geek in high school…
因为中学时期我的数学方面一直都不好
so, to me, it seemed natural to kind of fall into math.
所以 对我来说被数学拖后腿是意料之中的事情
I realized there were so many other things that I didn’t even know existed…
我了解到其实存在很多我甚至都不知道的事物
that I could possibly be interested in.
其中就有可能有我感兴趣的东西
I think Harvard spends a lot of time trying to make sure that all of its offerings…
我认为哈佛花费了很多时间来保证它向学生们提供的东西
are really enticing and well put together.
都是迷人的 综合性和整体性很好的
When I first started, there was a whole world that kind of opened up.
一开始 仿佛一个新世界的大门向我打开
It’s like going to a buffet where there’s all the best desserts in the world.
就好像你到了一个拥有全世界最好吃甜点的餐厅
You just don’t know where to start.
你不知道从哪里开始下口
Would imagine everybody who goes just kind of take some moments…
可以想象刚到那里的人们
says, “Wow. I thought I was gonna be ‘X’…
都会感慨道“哇 我本以为我会‘这样’
but now I could potentially be ‘Y’ or ‘Z’”…
但现在我却可能‘这样’或者‘那样’”
which is the fun part.
这就是比较有趣的部分
My name is Joanne Chang. I graduated in ’91, and I lived in Leverett House.
我是Joanne Chang 我是哈佛1991年的毕业生 我曾住在哈佛的Leverett 公寓
My name is Evgenija Stojcevska.
我叫Evgenija Stojcevska
I’m from Skopje, Macedonia.
来自马其顿的斯科普里
My name is August, and I was born in Vietnam.
我叫August 我出生在越南
My name is Audrey, and my home is Oakland, California.
我叫Audrey 我的家在加利福尼亚州的奥克兰
I’m from Thessaloníki , Greece.
我来自希腊的塞萨洛尼基
My name is Gaby Ruiz-Colón, and I’m from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
我叫Gaby Ruiz-Colón 我来自波多黎各的阿瓜狄利亚
My name is Haley Adams, and I’m from Bureau County, Illinois.
我叫Haley Adams 我来自伊利诺斯的比罗县
My name is Herman Bhupal, and I’m from Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
我叫Herman Bhupal 我来自北卡罗来纳州的查珀尔希尔
I’m Josh McTaggart. I’m from England.
我是来自英格兰的Josh McTaggart
Students from all 50 of the United States and over 100 countries.
哈佛的学生来自于50个州以及100多个国家
I’m just a California girl.
我是一个加利福尼亚女孩
My name is Majahonkhe Shabangu.
我叫Majahonkhe Shabangu
All living, learning and growing together in the one place they all call home.
在一个他们当成家一样的地方 学生们一起学习 生活和成长
I’m from Sweden, but I’m at home at Harvard.
我来自瑞典 但是哈佛就是我的家
I’m at home at Harvard.
哈佛是我的家
I am from the Kingdom of Swaziland, but Harvard is my home.
我来自斯威士兰王国 但是哈佛就是我的家
♪♪ [ Pop ]
♪♪ [ 流行音乐 ]
♪ But now I’ve seen it through And now I know the truth ♪
♪ 但我已然醒悟 我知晓了真相 ♪
♪ That anything could happen ♪
♪那就是 ♪
♪ Anything could happen Anything could ♪
♪一切皆有可能 一切皆有可能 ♪
♪♪ [ Vocalizing ]
♪♪ [ 歌声]
♪♪ [ Ends ]
♪♪ [ 音乐结束 ]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

著名学府哈佛大学的宣传片,期待优秀的你加入哈佛这个大家庭

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

jameschan

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pKtnmHTxg

相关推荐