未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

美式英语会话:传递惊喜消息的表达方式

American English Conversation 😲 Expressions for Giving Surprising News

Hi everyone. I’m Jennifer, from English with Jennifer.
大家好 我是 《跟着Jennifer学英语》的Jennifer
Some people love surprises. Others hate them.
有人喜欢惊喜 有人讨厌惊喜
What kind of person are you?
你属于哪种人呢?
In this lesson I’ll teach you some conversational expressions that will
本节课我会教大家一些会话表达
prepare you for the next time you give or receive surprising news.
下次表达或收到者惊喜时就会有备无患了
If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen this before.
如果你在Ins上关注了我 应该对它不陌生
It’s a face roller. I got it for less than five dollars
这是一个瘦面滚动器 花了我不到5美元
if you can believe it. I’ve been using it for about a year
信不信由你 我已经用了快一年了
Maybe not as much as I could, but I use it.
可能用不了那么久 但是我一直在用
I like to think it works.
我愿意相信它好用
We say “if you can believe it” before or after a surprising statement.
我们表述惊喜前后会用到“信不信由你”
I got it less than five dollars, if you can believe it
它花了我不到5美元 信不信由你
If you can believe it, this thing cost less than five dollars.
信不信由你 它花了我不到5美元
A similar expression is “believe it or not”
一种相似的表述为:“不管你信不信”
Believe it or not, I think this face roller actually works.
不管你信不信 这个瘦面滚动器真的好用
I believe I’ve stopped some new wrinkles from appearing.
我相信它抑制了新皱纹的出现
Okay. You’re probably going to think that I buy a lot of frivolous things
好的 你可能觉得我买了很多无聊的东西
But I want to show you one more thing that I recently got.
我想给大家展示我近期买的另一件东西
Members of my YouTube channel already saw this in a bonus video about posture.
我的Youtube粉丝在一个讲姿态的视频里见过
It’s a posture corrector. Call me crazy,
这是一个姿态矫正器 也许你觉得我疯了
but I’m using it to help me stand up straight.
但我在用它挺直我的站姿
Under a sweater no one can see it.
穿上毛衣 没人看得见它
“Call me crazy” is a fun way to introduce something a little shocking.
“就当我疯了”是介绍惊讶事物的有趣表述
It can be something you did or something you plan to do.
可以是你做过的事 或者要做的事
Call me crazy, but I bought one of those posture correctors.
就当我疯了吧 我买了一个姿态矫正器
Call me crazy, but I’m going to paint the whole house a new color.
就当我疯了吧 我要给整个房子刷上新颜色
So here’s something you may not know about me.
关于我的一些事情你们可能不知道
When I go to the pharmacy, I love to use coupons.
我去药店时喜欢用优惠券
Who doesn’t like a discount
这不像打折
25% off everything, 40% off one item.
所有商品75折 单件6折
Buy two, get one free, and other good deals.
买二送一 还有其他优惠
I plan very carefully. Then I make one big trip.
我精打细算 满载而归
Would you believe it? I save anywhere between 10 and 40 dollars.
你相信吗?这些总共省了10到40美元
I get really excited when I see the total price drop down.
看到总价格降下来的时候 我非常开心
“Would you believe it?”
“你相信吗”
is a natural way to introduce something surprising about yourself or someone else.
这是一个介绍令你或他人惊讶的自然表述
Would you believe it? I saved $40 at the pharmacy!
你相信吗?我在药店省了40美元
Would you believe it?
你相信吗?
People are still going to the beach during a lockdown.
人们在封锁期仍然去海边
A similar expression is “you’re never going to believe it
一种相似的表述是“你永远不会相信”
“Going to” reduces to “gonna.”
将Going to简化为gonna
You’re never gonna believe it.
你永远不会相信
You”re never going to believe it. I saved $40 today at the pharmacy!
你永远不会相信 我在药店省了40美元
So here are all the ways to introduce surprising news.
以上是介绍惊讶消息的所有表述方法
Listen and repeat.
边听边重复
Try to follow my intonation and rhythm.
尝试着很上我的语调和节奏
If you can believe it…
信不信由你…
Believe it or not…
不管你信不信…
Would you believe it?
你相信吗?
You’re never gonna believe it but…
你永远不会相信…
Call me crazy, but…
就当我疯了…
So, what can you say when you receive surprising news?
现在听到惊讶消息的时候你可以说什么?
A friend says,believe it or not,
一个朋友说 信不信随你
but I saw Jennifer Lopez at a store!”
我在商店看到Jennifer Lopez了
You don’t quite believe that, so you say, “No way!”
你不是很相信 所以你说 “不可能!”
Or maybe you do believe it, but it’s still quite unexpected,
或者你确实相信 但仍感到很意外
so you say, “Really?”
所以你说了一句 “真的吗?”
Your cousin surprises you with the news that
你表兄说了一个让你惊讶的消息
he’s just found a box of old family photos
他刚找到一盒旧的全家福照片
that must be about 70 or 80 years old.
这些照片可能有七八十个年头了
You find this interesting and surprising
你觉得这件事惊讶又有趣
You say, “Huh. You don’t say!”
你说:“啊 真的吗?”
We also use “you don’t say” sarcastically
我们也用“真的吗”作为一种讽刺
when the news isn’t surprising at all.
如果这个消息一点也不惊人
A friend tells you
一个朋友跟你说
“Would you believe it? My cousin got a speeding ticket yesterday.”
你相信吗?我表兄昨天领了一张超速罚单
Your response, “Hmm. You don’t say!
你回应说:“嗯…真的吗?”
Isn’t that his third speeding ticket this year?”
这难道不是今年的第三张罚单吗?
Here’s a fun task for you.
这里有一个有趣的任务
I’ll share a few different surprising stories that I read about.
我会分享自己读到的一些不同的惊人故事
You can retell the stories to a conversation partner.
你可以向交流伙伴复述这个故事
Use different expressions from this lesson. Okay?
用这节课学到的不同表达方式 可以吗?
First story. Believe it or not
第一个故事 信不信由你
this guy in South Africa spent almost 80 days
这个家伙在南非几乎花了80天的时间
in a barrel on top of an 80-foot pole!
呆在一根80英尺长的杆子顶端的木桶上
He was alone, but
他是独自一人 但是
I think he did have his cell phone.
我觉得他应该带了手机
Food was sent up to him everyday. Crazy, right?
每天有食物送上去给他 这很疯狂是吗?
Second story.
第二个故事
Would you believe it?
你相信吗?
This guy in New York City used a drone
这个纽约的家伙用一架无人机
to get the phone number of a cute girl
要到了一个可爱女孩的电话号码
living in the apartment building across from his.
她就住在他对面的公寓楼里
He first saw her on the rooftop,
他是在屋顶上第一次见到她
and after he got her phone number, they started texting.
要到手机号码之后 他们互发短信
Now they’re dating.
现在他们在约会了
Third story. You’re never gonna believe it
第三个故事 你永远不会相信
but I read about an Australian man
我读了一个故事 一个澳洲人
who managed to save a gecko that was drowning!
他试图救下一只溺水的壁虎
He found it in his drink at a pub,
他发现它在酒吧里喝酒
and he saved its life by performing CPR on it.
然后他用心肺复苏救活了它
Pretty incredible, huh?
非常难以置信 是吧?
Do you have an interesting and surprising story to tell?
你有什么有趣或令人惊讶的故事要讲吗?
Well, now you have some new expressions to share it.
好 现在你有新的表述方式来分享它们了
If you found this lesson useful
如果你觉得这堂课有用的话
please like and share the video.
请点赞并分享这个视频
As always thanks for watching and happy studies!
还是感谢观看本次视频 祝你学习愉快!
Thank you to all the members of my channel
感谢我频道的所有粉丝
you Super and Truly Marvelous Members,
你们真的很棒哦
look out for the next bonus video
敬请期待下一期的福利视频
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
在脸书 推特或者Ins上关注我吧
And try something new!
或者尝试一些新的平台
Download the apps Kiki Time and Hallo.
下载Kiki Time和Hallo app
These are more ways I can help you learn English
这里有更多帮助你学习英语的视频
each and every week.
每周更新
And hey! Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
还有 记得订阅我的Youtube频道哦!
Turn on those notifications.
打开消息通知

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

美式英语会话中惊喜消息表达的几种方式

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Now you see me

审核员

审核员HJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZJdNEDTVw

相关推荐