ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

美国梦只是童话而已吗? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

美国梦只是童话而已吗?

Adam Ruins Everything - Why the American Dream is a Myth | truTV

I don’t have time for this, Adam.
我没空管这事 亚当
It’s the 4th of July and my schedule is packed.
今天是7月4号 我日程都排满了
(eagle screeches)
[鹰的鸣叫声]
I’ve got a car wash meet-and-greet,
我要去洗车店见面会
a mattress store photo-op, a hot dog eating contest…
还要拍床垫商店宣传照 参加吃热狗比赛
(gasps) And I have to finish
而且我还得写完
writing my big speech for the Americatown Independence Day Holiday Blowout Extravaganza! Oh,
美国小镇独立日庆祝活动的演讲稿
how exciting. (chuckles)
太棒了 [轻笑]
Everyone’s working really hard to make it great,
每个人都在努力做得更好
and no one wants you to ruin it.
你可别把它给毁了
Ah, you see them?
啊 你看到了吗
They’re living the American Dream.
他们正生活在美国梦中
Here, a little hard work can take anyone
在这里 人人都可以通过努力
from rags to riches.
从乞丐变成富人
I was born with one leg and no money.
我生下来只有一条腿 而且家里很穷
But I worked hard.
但是我很努力
And now, I’m a billionaire!
现在 我已经成了百万富翁
I can buy all the legs I can ever want.
我想买多少假腿就买多少
Sorry, Unc. America hardly has the highest rates
要让你失望了 美国从来都不是
of upward social mobility.
社会向上流动最快的国家
In a ranking of 24 countries, we came in 16th.
在一项24个国家的排名中仅列第16位
(sad trombone)
[悲伤的长号声]
How can that be?
怎么会这样?
The truth is, if you’re poor in America,
其实在美国 如果你是个穷人
no matter how hard you work, the deck is completely stacked against you.
无论你工作多么努力 都无法摆脱贫穷
Being poor in this country is actually incrediblely expensive.
穷人在这个国家生存的成本高得难以想象
If you’re living in poverty,
如果你很穷
you have to spend more on daily necessities,
你就得日常用品上花更多钱
’cause you can’t afford to buy in bulk.
因为你没有能力批量购买
(chuckles) Wow!
[轻笑]哇
Now I can keep my butt clean
现在我所有的度假别墅里
in all my vacation homes. What a deal!
都不缺卫生纸了 真划算!
You know, if I pull apart the double ply,
其实 如果撕开双层纸
it’s actually two for one.
就等于买了两卷纸
What a deal.
够划算了
And if you have a lower income,
如果你收入很低
you have to spend a larger portion of your budget
就得花更多的钱
on basic necessities.
去购买生活必需品
Up to 70% of a poor American’s income
一个美国穷人收入的70%
is spent on food, housing, and transportation.
都花费在食物 房租和交通上
After they cover their basic expenses,
在扣除生活必需品的花销后
on average, low-income Americans who only make $ 15,000 to $ 20,000 a year
年均收入1万5到2万美元的低收入人群
are left with just one dollar a day.
每天就只剩下1美元结余了
No, I shouldn’t splurge.
不 买这个太浪费了
And that doesn’t just make it harder to get by day to day.
并且 这不仅是使穷人艰难度日
It also makes it harder to save money
这也让存钱变得更困难
so you can live more comfortably in the future.
而无法改善未来的生活
Well, if people need money,
如果需要钱的话
why don’t they just apply for a credit card?
他们怎么不办张信用卡?
Or get a loan. That’s how I paid for my last three wars.
或者贷款 我就是这么付最近三笔账单的
Well, that’s a great idea.
这主意不错
Except that to open a bank account or credit card,
但是 要开银行账户或办信用卡的话
our financial institutions require that
金融机构都会要求你有存款
you already have money or good credit.
或者信用良好
Wait, so in order to build credit,
等等 要建立信用的话
I need a credit card,
得有张信用卡
but I can’t get a credit card
但若没有良好信用
unless I have good credit?
就办不了信用卡
And if you can’t save, even a small, unexpected expense
而且 如果你不存钱的话
can have disastrous consequences.
一旦有意外 后果很严重
Right now, 46% of Americans
现在有46%的美国人都表示
say they couldn’t afford to pay a surprise bill for just $400.
自己连400美元的意外开销都承担不起
(bicycle bell rings)
[车铃声]
Oh my God, my bike!
我天 我的自行车
That’s how I get to work, and if I can’t get to work,
那是我干活用的 要是没法干活
then I can’t buy another bike.
我就买不起新自行车
Curse this vicious cycle!
又是个死循环!
(scoffs) He seems lazy.
呵 他一看就是个懒鬼
(dog barking)
[狗叫声]
The fact is, poverty in America is almost impossible to escape without help.
事实上 若无人相助 穷人基本无法脱贫
No, Johnny Appleseed? What happened?
约翰尼• 阿普尔西德 你这是怎么了?
I got bankrupted by my medical bills.
我付不起医疗费 已经破产了
Turns out an apple a day, doesn’t keep the doctor away.
事实证明 每天一个苹果 也躲不开医生
This isn’t right. These are Americans.
这不对劲 他们都是美国人啊
They deserve the American Dream,
他们应该实现他们的美国梦
not this nightmare.
而不是这场噩梦
Well, ironically the reason they can’t achieve that dream,
讽刺的是 他们无法实现美国梦的原因
is because we all believe in it too strongly.
是因为我们都对它深信不疑
A survey found that 70% of Americans
一项调查显示 70%的美国人
believe that poor people can make it out of poverty on their own.
深信穷人可以凭一己之力脱贫
Be the change you wanna see in your can, my friend.
改变自己 就能改变命运 朋友
Because we believe in this myth,
因为我们相信这个神话
we are far less willing to raise taxes
比起其他富国 我们更不愿意提高税收
or fund social programs than other wealthy nations.
或者资助社会项目
And as a result, we have far greater inequality.
结果就是 我们的贫富差距进一步拉大
Right now, 43.1 million Americans
现在 有4310万美国人
live in poverty,
都生活贫困
while the richest three Americans have more wealth than the bottom 160 million combined.
而最富3人的资产超过底层1.6亿人之和
3人 1.6亿人
We have to fix this!
我们要改变这种现状
Oh, well, there’s a lot of things that could help.
嗯 我们能做很多事
Affordable housing, free public college…
廉租房 免费公立大学……
And I know we can do it
我坚信我们能做到
because we have the best system of government ever devised,
因为我们有最好的政府体系
given to us by the Constitution.
这都要归功于宪法
The most perfect founded document
那可称得上是世界上有过的
the world has ever seen.
最完美的法案了
And we just so happen to have a copy in the Americatown Museum!
而且美国小镇博物馆碰巧就有一份复本
Oh, love museums!
哈 我喜欢博物馆
But the Constitution is far from perfect.
但是宪法离完美还差得远呢
What?!
什么?!
You can take that kind of talk to the filthy Commie Museum!
这话你留着去对肮脏的共产党博物馆去说吧!
You have one of those, too?!
这种地方你们也有吗?
《亚当毁三观》
And we’ve reached the end of the video,
视频已经接近尾声了
which means you have two options.
你现在有两条路
Option one, hit subscribe and never miss another new video
一 你可以点击订阅
from ADAM RUINS EVERYTHING ever again.
尽享每期《亚当毁三观》
Option two, starts reading the comments and weep for humanity.
或者 你就看看评论 然后为人类默哀吧

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

美国梦到底好不好?来听听美国人怎么说!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

永歌森林

审核员

审核员GS

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydca1wzlheg

相关推荐