ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

打破横渡大西洋的世界记录 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

打破横渡大西洋的世界记录

Across the Ocean in a Work Week: Shattering the Transatlantic Sailing Record

几年前 企业家吉姆·克拉克计划打造一艘
A few years ago, entrepreneur Jim Clark envisioned a boat
纯粹以速度取胜的帆船 并凭借轻巧快速的优势
built purely for speed, a boat so light, so fast
一举打破之前尝试的所有记录
that it would shatter every record it attempted,
2014年 这艘100英尺的单体帆船 科曼奇号 让这一梦想得以实现
In 2004, that dream became a reality with 100-foot monohull, Comanche.
几乎不管从哪个方面来说 科曼奇号都是世界上最快的单体帆船
It’s by almost any measure the fastest monohull in the world.
凭借其革命性的设计
With her revolutionary design,
科曼奇号自此在职业航海界中独领风骚
she has since been dominating the world of professional sailing,
将竞争对手彻底击败
blowing competitors out of the water.
船长肯·里德将执行一项重要任务
Now, skipper Ken Read is on a mission
即挑战航海界威望最高的记录之一
to break one of sailing’s most prestigious benchmarks,
横渡大西洋
the transatlantic record.
肯:这是远航者的神圣目标之一
Ken: It’s one of the holy grails of ocean-going records.
一段长达2880海里的艰难旅程
A grueling journey of 2,880 nautical miles
从纽约启航 最终抵达英格兰的南角
from New York to the southern tip of England.
他们的成功很大程度归功于优秀的航海家斯坦·霍尼
The crew’s success depends largely on how elite navigator, Stan Honey,
他能预测并采取相应的措施应对大西洋变幻莫测的天气
can predict, harness, and adapt to the Atlantic’s fickle weather patterns.
若能打破纪录 这将奠定科曼奇号
If broken, this record will secure Comanche’s place
在航海史上至高无上的地位
among the most successful racing boats in sailing history.
科曼奇横跨大西洋
(缓慢神秘声)
(slow mysterious sound)
科曼奇号的总体结构十分简单
Overview of Comanche is really simple.
吉姆和克里斯蒂·克拉克想要打造出
It’s, uh, Jim and Kristy Clark’s dream to have
一艘顶级赛船 一艘顶级竞赛单体帆船
the ultimate race boat, the ultimate monohull race boat.
克拉克团队先仔细分析了现代单体的各方面情况
Clark’s team analyzed every aspect of the modern monohull
接着开始打造以打破航海记录
then set out to build the next iteration of racing boats,
为主要目标的新一代竞赛帆船
principally designed to break open ocean records.
肯:我们的造船队员都是精英中的精英
Ken: The build team that we assembled are the best of the best.
克里斯:建造这艘船时 我们没有节省开支
Chris: There was no expense spared in creating this thing.
要么用碳 要么用钛
It’s either carbon or titanium.
采用了工程学结构 碳纤维
– With the engineering structure,with the use of carbon fiber,
以及倾斜的龙骨设计
with this canting keel mechanism,
这艘船的重量不夸张地说只有
this boat is literally half the weight
10或15年前的同类船重量的一半
of a boat like this, even ten, fifteen years ago.
船长肯·里德和帆船所有者吉姆·克拉克
– Ken Read, the skipper, and Jim Clark, the owner,
给设计者定了十分明确的目标
gave the designer a very, very clear mission,
即尽可能地设计制造出符合
which was to design and build the fastest possible boat
世界重大航海比赛参赛资格的最快的船
that was legal to enter into the major ocean races around the world,
并理想地在这些赛事中创造新的纪录
and, ideally, set the course records for these events.
在我看来 这一明确目标对于
That sort of clarity of an objective was,
科曼奇号所取得的成就至关重要
I think, critical to the boat coming out the way it did.
要知道 这意味着它在向整个航海界宣告
– You know, it’s meant to make a statement in the sailing world,
你可以从它的外形中看出 它正在向外宣告[笑声]
You can just tell from its outward appearance, it makes a statement. (laughs)
他们造船时精益求精的态度
– The level of detail that they take in building these boats
渗透进了整个航海队伍
then filters down throughout the whole sailing team.
肯是世界上顶尖的船员
– Ken is among the best sailors in the world.
他也是美洲杯帆船赛的解说员
He’s a commentator for the America’s Cup,
他在航海方面学识渊博 同时也是一位出类拔萃的船长
he’s extremely knowledgeable, you know, about sailing, and he’s a great skipper.
归根结底 我很擅长从世界各地
– Ultimately, what I’m pretty good at doing
挑选成员然后组成一支能真正驾驭这样
is getting a compatible group of all-stars from all around the globe,
一艘船的和睦的全明星队伍
that can actually handle a boat like this.
科曼奇号就像一级方程式赛车
It’s like a Formula One car:
你若稍不留神 它就会不受控制
You let it get away from you, it’ll get away from you.
这是一艘极其危险的船
– It is a very dangerous boat.
这艘船的所有船员都有着在美洲杯航海赛或
Everybody who is onboard this boat either has America’s Cup,
沃尔沃环球航海赛得过重大奖项的高端竞赛背景
Volvo Ocean Race, Grand Price high-end racing background.
这是他们的事业 他们的职业
It’s their career; it’s their job.
具体来说 我的工作十分简单
– My job, specifically, is really quite easy:
就是驾驶世界上最酷炫的帆船
I get to sail the coolest boat in the world.
我想 作为船长 我的首要责任是保证船员的安全
I guess, as the skipper of the boat, I’m ultimately responsible for the safety of the crew,
特别是在做重要决定的时候
the big decisions, you know.
我与航海家斯坦·霍尼
I work very closely with Stan Honey, the navigator,
在航行过程中一直保持着紧密协作
on where we position ourselves in the ocean.
这很关键 因为航海家和船长需要通力协作才行
It’s critical, because the navigator and the skipper work together very closely.
我们在策略上达成共识 并进行合作
And then where we overlap and work together, is in the tactic area.
这艘船高100英尺 发出尖锐的声响
– The boat’s a 100-foot screaming machine,
它为尽可能打破所有世界纪录而生
that has been built to break every record in the world that we can
而科曼奇号也正在实现这一目标
and she’s on her way to doing that.
斯坦:一入水 科曼奇号就勇敢迎击它的竞争者
– [Stan] Once in the water, Comanche went straight for her competitors.
怀尔特奥茨号是我们要挑战的对象 也是我们参加比赛的原因
– Wild Oats is the boat to knock off, and we’re here for a reason,
另外还有三到四艘相当不错的帆船
but there are also three or four other really good boats in this event,
它们的实力同样不容小觑
that could do the same exact thing,
因此我们只管做好准备 拿出实力 顺其自然
so we’ve just gotta go out and sail well, and let the chips fall.
克里斯:这艘帆船体积太过庞大 当时看起来真是与众不同
– [Chris] The sheer size of it, it looks different to any other boat out there at the moment.
[人群欢呼声]
(crowd cheering)
我们拥有世界上速度最快的100英尺航船 这样说毫不为过
– It’s fair to say, we’ve got the fastest 100-footer in the world.
看看科曼奇号起锚后的表现 还有它在第一轮比赛的成绩
You saw what it did off the starting line and what it did down that first run,
它不仅打破了记录 还领先对手30英里
and we were 30 miles ahead when we broke.
我们热爱这艘船
We love this boat.
吉姆:我们运气不错 能赢得比赛打破纪录
– [Jim] We’ve had good luck, racing in those races and setting the records.
这艘船绝无仅有 因为它是世界上最快的船(笑)
– This boat’s unique, because it’s the fastest in the world. (laughs)
乘着海风 科曼奇号船队
– [Narrator] With wind in their sails, the Comanche team
将目光聚焦在了航海界最负盛名的横渡大西洋纪录上
set their sights on sailing’s most prestigious prize, the transatlantic record.
斯坦·霍尼是航海界的传奇人物
– Stan Honey is a legend in our sport.
当你想起优秀航海家的时候
When you think of all the great navigators,
最先浮现在脑海中的必定是斯坦
Stan is one of those guys right at the top of the list who comes to mind.
正因为有了他的巨大付出 才使得这一切得以发生
The amount of work that he puts into it, to make these attempts happen,
没有了他 一切都将不复存在
without him, it wouldn’t happen.
单体帆船横渡大西洋的记录可能是
– So, uh, the transatlantic monohull record is
各种比赛中最高级的航海记录了
probably the most prestigious sailing record of any.
1905年 首个横渡大西洋记录由纵帆船大西洋号创造
– [Narrator] In 1905, the transatlantic record was first set by the Schooner, Atlantic.
历时12天4小时 该记录保持了整整100年
It took her 12 days and four hours to cross, a benchmark that stood for 100 years.
自此 仅有四艘船成功打破该纪录
Since then, only four boats have improved on her record.
肯:我们当前的计划是创造单体帆船
– [Ken] The current project we’re setting out to do is to try to set the monohull record
横渡大西洋的最快记录
for the fastest transatlantic passage.
当时该纪录由玛丽莎号创造 历时6天17小时
That record is currently set at six days, 17 hours, by Mari-Cha.
玛丽莎号在策略上和其他船只一样
– Mari-Cha did as well as any boat could do in that tactic
都采用了双系统来跨越大西洋
where you’re gonna have to use two systems to get across the ocean.
所以我们试图采取一种全新的方式
So what we were trying to dowas to take an entirely different approach,
即全程使用单系统 这在单体帆船项目上史无前例
which nobody had ever done before in a monohull, but take a single system all the way across.
他十分仔细地观察气候情况
– You know, he watches the weather, just religiously,
寻找所有可能发生的极小事件
looking for all these small little things that might happen.
我查阅了11年来大西洋气候的历史数据
– I had accessed to 11 years of historical weather data,
在过去的11年里 每年9月至11月 每隔6小时我会向科曼奇号发送气候数据
so I routed Comanche every six hours for each of the last 11 years, from June through November,
我发现 平均每年只有两次机会
and what I discovered was that there was only two possibilities per year, on average,
能使科曼奇号在西南风暴之前航行
where Comanche could stay ahead of a southwesterly storm the whole way across.
你不能完全确定海洋的情况
– You can’t take the ocean for granted.
这是人类对抗海洋 是人类和自然因素的斗争
This is man against ocean, this is man against the elements.
如果你在海上稍微得到点收获就开始骄傲自满 那么大海就会狠狠地打击你
If I’ve learned anything, you start to just get a little cocky in the ocean and it’ll bite you hard.
2016年7月
– [Narrator] July, 2016.
斯坦·霍尼发现了西风带中的一个移动低气压点
Stan Honey spots a moving low in the westerlies,
这很可能有助于跨大西洋航行
potentially favorable for an Atlantic crossing.
仅一天之内 科曼奇号船队成员从世界各地赶来 在纽约集结完毕
Within a day, the international Comanche team is assembled in New York City,
整装待发
waiting for a green light.
这真是一个无情的命运转折点 虽然良好的天气这一条件已经具备
– It was kind of a cruel turn of fate that it turned out that the perfect weather had evolved
但是肯却不能和我们一起出发
at a time when Kenny couldn’t join us.
当时 肯早已确定参与
– For Ken, it just came at a period where he had a prior commitment
美洲杯比赛 然而这就是天气的特性
with the America’s Cup, but that’s the nature of weather.
如果这时科曼奇号启航
– [Narrator] If Comanche launches,
那么队长凯西·史密斯将担任船长
Captain Casey Smith will take the helm as skipper.
我真受宠若惊[笑声]
– I’ll (expletive) my pants to start with. (laughs)
那时 肯知道这些机会实在难得
– But at that point, Kenny knew just how hard it is to find these opportunities,
他就对我们说:好吧 我没法参加 你们去吧
and said: “Okay, well, I can’t make it, but you guys gotta go.”
别人告诉我 “嘿 你将成为负责人”
– To be able to be told that, “Hey, you’re gonna be the guy in charge,”
能担任船长 获得大家的信任 我感到非常高兴
and I was really, really happy to be in that position and trusted like that.
凯西是一名经验丰富的水手 当时他担任了队长
– Casey is an enormously experienced sailor, and he was the boat captain,
一直是他负责航行过程中的各项事宜
so he’s the guy in charge of moving the boat around between events,
所以没有谁比凯西更加了解这艘帆船
so nobody knows the boat better than Casey.
凯西站甲板上 尼克·德纳负责操控室
–Casey in the pit, Nick Dana at the rig.
横跨大西洋对于我们来说是十分有趣的 因为我们三次出发都撤了回来
– The transatlantic was a very interesting one for us, because we had three false starts.
你得等待最佳时机 并随时做好充分准备
You’re waiting for that exact window and you have to be ready at any moment,
这样才能胸有成竹
so your life’s pretty much on hold.
那时 我们并不确定那就是最佳时机
At this point, we’re not that confident that this was actually the one.
我们从斯坦那里不断获取信息
– We are getting constant information from Stan.
我们得尽可能快点出发 确保在暴风雨来临之前完成
– We wanna start as close as we can to the front, but ahead of the thunderstorms,
因为一旦遇到暴风雨 后果可想而知
because if the thunderstorms catch us, you guys know what happens.
尼克:就像美国航天局要选择最佳发射时间你得等待最佳时机
– [Nick] It felt like a bit like launch day for NASA, where you’re waitin’ for that exact window,
并时刻做好准备
and you have to be ready at any moment.
斯坦:这是……
– [Stan] This is the…
将自己置于险境之中 并尝试史无前例的事情
put yourself in harm’s way to try to do something that nobody else has ever done before.
凯西:然后我们将船驶离码头
– [Casey] And then when we pushed off the dock and started motoring out,
当时的感觉就是 “哇 我们正亲身体验着 我们出发了!”
that’s when it really was like “Wow, we’re doin’ it, we’re gonna go!”
这太棒了
Amazing.
(紧张的音乐)
(tense music)
这是真的 真真切切地发生着
– It’s real, it’s happening.
我们将船停在离安布鲁斯灯塔1英里的位置 这样我们就有足够的启航距离
We positioned ourselves about a mile away from the Ambrose Light, which gives us enough runway
到达起跑线时才能全速前进
to hit the start line at full speed.
我们拥有令人满意的航海装备
We had the sail combination that we wanted to use,
有给力的海风 是时候让船乘风破浪了
we had the perfect wind, it was time to let it rip.
尼克:船一直从25节加速到30节
– [Nick] The acceleration, doing 25 knots to 30 knots,
霍尼!
– Honey!
喔 这太棒了 伙伴们
-Oh, this is perfect, guys.
尼克:在这么短的时间内完成这次加速 我们可以先歇一歇了
[Nick] Doing that jump in such a short amount of time can often put you on your butt.
记一下 16时58分16秒
– Copy, 16:58.16.
经过安布鲁斯灯塔时 整座灯塔都亮了
– And we came past the Ambrose Light fully lit up.
当我们跨过起跑线出发时 所有人都欢呼起来
Everyone gave a huge hoot and holler as we went past the start line, and off we went.
(轻微嘶嘶声)
(wake hissing)
(激动人心的沉重鼓音)
(dramatic drum-heavy music)
这非常激动人心
And, it’s pretty radical.
我们把帆布全部展开
You’ve got all the sail area up,
借助所有需要的动力
you’ve got all the power in the world you need,
对于这个崭新的开始 我们并不想把它搞砸了
so, you know, for a start, you don’t want to mess it up.
(激动人心的音乐)
(dramatic music)
纽约在这儿 英格兰在那儿 我们已经走了3100英里
– New York’s there, England is there, 3,100 miles now.
我们要打破这个记录
We’re gonna knock this bastard off.
但出发没多久 事情发生了惊险转折
[Narrator] But just as they’re off, things take a dangerous turn,
科曼奇号遇上了可怕的雷雨
as Comanche tangles with a formidable thunder storm.
这种天气 最坏 最危险的情况
– The worst part of it, the most dangerous part, weather-wise,
出现在当天晚上和第二天早晨
was actually the first night and that next morning.
我们提前出发了
– We started ahead of a front,
但雷暴雨却比我们所预料的提前了
and the thunder storms preceding the front came out earlier than expected,
几乎将我们吞噬 这是我们没有预料到的
and kinda gobbled us up, which was unexpected,
我们必须要改变我们的计划 去适应新的形势
and you know, we definitely had to change our plan, adapt on the go,
因此我们制定了一条我们没有想过的航线
sail a course that we weren’t expecting to sail,
当时我心里想的就是 “结束了吗?” “我们完了?”
and the first thing in my mind is, “Is it over?” “Are we done?”
“我们是要返回还是待命?”
“Are we sailing home and going on standby again?”
这支队伍在这场始料未及的雷暴雨中
– [Narrator] For hours, the team battles through the wind and waves
不断地与狂风和骇浪斗争
of the unforeseen lightning squall.
你不能操纵闪电 没有什么能控制闪电
– You know, you can’t control the lightning. The lightning does what it wants to do,
因此你只能抛开闪电不管
and so you basically just put that out of your mind
专心航行
and focus on the sailing.
你只能专注于你能控制的东西
You focus on what you can control.
我觉得我们完了
– I thought it was over.
雷雨一降临 我就觉得我们真的完了
When the thunderstorms came, I thought it was actually over.
但幸运的是 我们还能找到微乎其微的一丝轻风 将我们送至靠近陆地的地方
But luckily, we were able to find a little narrow bit of breeze, up close to land,
躲避起来
and escaped.
我们还成功使船改变航线逃出雷暴雨 然后继续前行
– And we managed to just wiggle our way out of it and, uh, keep on going.
第二天又是一个艰难的早晨
– Well, tough morning, day two.
雷暴雨又出现了
The thunder storms, which were brewed up
它在美洲中部形成
over the Central America,
然后袭击了我们
came out and got us.
现在我们临时改变了航道
Now we’ve popped out the other side,
又回到了预测的风向的位置
and we’re back in the forecast winds.
采访者:情形乐观吗?
– [Interviewer] Looking good?
我们正在向东加快步伐
– So we’re heading east at pace.
这可能更像是一次潜水探险
– It’s probably closer to a dive expedition.
很多时候我们都在水下
We spend a lot of time underwater.
我们拥有的装备是防止我们
All of our gear is our only line of defense
被海水浸透然后变成一个
from becoming totally saturated,
巨大的“葡萄干”的唯一防线
turning into a giant raisin.
船上有18名船员
– You’ve got 18 guys onboard,
经历了5天半的时间
and it’s for 5-1/2 days,
住处是非常狭小的
so it’s pretty tight quarters,
即便这是艘100英尺长的帆船
even though it is a 100-foot boat.
你要和大家共用睡位 共用碗
You’re sharing bunks, sharing bowls,
还要共用水瓶等所有东西
you’re sharing water bottles for drinking and everything.
在这个竞赛中我们只能简单地实行四小时制
– This race we just did a simple four-on, four-off,
的传统轮换看守方法
you know, traditional watch system.
凯西:它本身就是一个挑战 你知道的
– [Casey] That’s a challenge in itself, you know,
每4小时醒一次
waking up every four hours
到甲板上去站岗
to come on deck and do your watch.
别 你会解掉锁的!
– No, you’re off the lock!
凯西:然后你又可以离开了
– [Casey] And then off you go again.
当你吃过饭后或情绪低落时
You might sleep for three hours out of that
你可能只能睡三个小时
when you’re down, when you’ve eaten.
尼克:如果你足够幸运的话 你可以有四个小时离岗
– [Nick] If you’re lucky, you get your four hours off watch,
但你从来不会怀念在甲板上的4个小时
but you never miss your four hours on deck.
当你离岗时 你可以去做任何其他事情
– When you’re off watch, you gotta do everything else.
这时可以去做饭
That’s when you gotta do the cooking,
去收拾东西 去吃饭
do the tidying up, do the eating,
或者去睡会儿
and try to get some sleep.
这四个小时过得非常快
The four hours goes by pretty darn quick.
因此 你会叫上你的舵手
– So, you have your helmsmen, who are…
他们会为你持续驾驶两小时
They’ll drive the boat for two hours.
你已经调整好你的帆
You’ve got your trimmers of the sails,
它们主要是作为引擎 可以让船航行得更快
who are basically the engine, making the boat go fast.
我是在船首的聪明人之一
– So I’m one of the bright individuals
我们负责掌控及处理
that is on the front of the boat,
大部分危险局面
that’s basically taking on a lot of the dangerous situations.
最开始的时候 我们负责处理船内所有大小事务
Up front, we deal with all the sails going up and down.
凯西:然后大部分船员都得
– [Casey] And then you’ve got a lot of the guys
做苦力活以及其他事情
who are required for the muscles and everything,
要把这些帆拉起来
to pull those sails in.
更具声望的记录是由
– The more prestigious of the records
整个航行都依靠人类力量
are set by boats where all of the sail handling
进行操作的帆船创造的
is done with human power.
我们有六个磨砂底座
– We have six grinding pedestals,
所以我们要拉起帆来或者把它们剪开
so we have to pull any sails up or trim them in.
有12名船员一直在做这件事
We have 12 guys just going at it,
直到帆修剪好了或是帆拉上去了
until, you know, the trimmer’s happy or, you know, the sail’s up.
凯西:操控着船帆却已无法忍受
– [Casey] You’re working the sails, you’re grinding,
掌着舵却总是分心
you’re steering, you’re always sort of losing,
分心了又分心 与睡意抗争着
losing, losing, losing against the, the sleep.
斯坦:我哪儿都不想去
– [Stan] There’s no place I’d rather be,
即使从很多方面看这里都是一个糟糕的地方
even though, it’s a terrible place in a lot of respects.
噢 我希望我有一双新靴子(笑)
– Oh, I wish I had new boots. (laughs)
(嘶嘶声)(船员在交谈)
(wake hissing) (crew chatting)
乘着科曼奇号站在大西洋的中间
– Being onboard Comanche in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
你会意识到你是多么渺小
is something that, you realize how small you are out there.
你会意识到你只是一粒尘埃
You realize that you’re a speck.
就我而言 我很享受这种宁静
Personally, I love the silence.
就算你乘着飞机从上空经过
You know, when you’re flying an airplane across
然后往下看 你也绝对看不到我们
and you look down, you’re never gonna see us.
它太辽阔了
It’s huge.
如果我们与外界断绝了所有联系
You know, if we were to lose all communications and everything,
想找到我们是相当困难的一件事
you’ll have a hard time finding us.
另外你得尽早认识到
– Another thing that you tend to notice early on
海洋有多么辽阔
is how big the ocean is.
如果你在进行环球航行
You know, if you’re sailing around the world,
你就只能一直航行 一天 一天 又一天
you can just sail for day, after day, after day, after day,
即便是在一艘很快的船上
even on a really fast boat.
你有很多时间想着 什么时候才能离开这里
– You have a lot of time to think, when you’re out there.
日子也变慢了
The day slows down a lot.
你慢慢度过每个小时
You’re living every hour.
(海水飞溅)
(water splashing)
与外界隔离好像有点酷
– It’s kinda cool to just disconnect,
你就在那儿 置身于自然中
and you’re out there, in the elements,
与海风和海浪融为一体
the wind and the waves…
没有像它这样疯狂的事了
It’s nothing like it, it’s crazy.
你有很多的时间去反思
– You have a lot of time to reflect on
生活中的一切事情
everything in your life, but as well,
但同样地 你也有很多时间去欣赏
you have a lot of time to appreciate
你所处的地方
where you are in the world.
我们全都
All of us were
被海洋的魅力深深迷住了
definitely captivated by the sea at that point.
令人惊讶
– It’s amazing.
当要下雨时 云层会变低 越来越低 越来越低
– You get the clouds getting lower, and lower, and lower,
天空也会变得越来越暗淡
and the sky turns more and more gray,
然后就会有这样的细雨落下来
and then you get this sort of drizzle, as it starts to rain,
这是我们所经历的 是我们横跨海洋全程可以领略到的
and that’s what we had, all the way across the ocean.
就像是这灰蒙蒙的细雨
Just kind of this gray drizzle.
与我驾驶过的龙骨帆船相比
– Things move differently
现在的情形不太一样
compared to other keeled boats I’ve sailed on.
前一分钟还保持每小时十英里的航行速度
One minute you’re doing 10 miles an hour,
说实话 只是眨眼的瞬间
and then you blink, and honestly,
速度就提升到20或30海里每小时
you’re up to 20 to 30 miles an hour.
它像某种武器
– The thing’s a weapon.
永远不停地变化着 令人叹为观止
It just goes forever, and it’s not a really short awesome,
但几天后事情就变得可怕起来
but things being awesome for days on end.
(紧张的音乐)
(tense music)
好了 伙计们 我们要沿着冰的轮廓航行
– Okay, guys, there’s ice contours we’re keeping track of.
第三天
– [Narrator] Day three,
科曼奇号面临着它最大的挑战
Comanche faces its greatest obstacle,
穿越一片冰山区域
navigating through an area known to have icebergs.
我们不得不停留在
– There was a very small patch of south-westerly
西南方的一小块地方
that we had to stay in, and that patch of wind
那片风会将我们送到
took us right through an area
一个据说有冰山的地方
where there was known to be ice.
(令人紧张的音乐)
(tense throbbing music)
船前面100英尺以外的地方
– Couldn’t see more than
都难以看清
100-feet in front of the boat.
完全被雾吞没了
Fully engulfed in fog.
你懂的 20节的速度
You know, doing 20 knots,
100英尺不够我们避开冰块
100-feet isn’t enough warning to avoid the ice.
当你甚至看不到船首的时候
– And it sounds crazy,
让船员们在甲板上观察远处的冰山
to have guys on deck keeping a careful watch for icebergs
这实在是太疯狂了
when you can’t even see the bow,
但当接近冰山的时候 倒也发生了有趣的事情
but a funny thing happens when you get close to an iceberg.
冰山白得令人难以置信
The icebergs are just unbelievably white
像是在发着光
that they appear to glow.
当我们穿越了豆汤般的浓雾
You know, you’re sailing along and the pea soup fog
视野突然变得清晰时
suddenly gets a little bit clearer,
眼前出现了看起来很有趣的东西
and then a part of the horizon looks funny,
因为它看起来像在发光
’cause it looks like it’s glowing.
撞上冰山的后果
– The consequence of hitting icebergs
是非常严重的
is so severe and it’s like you just
正如你脑海中浮现的画面那样
turn it out of your mind.
我们只能做好预防工作 一旦发生事故 后果难以想象
We just can’t. You prepare for it, but if it happens, it happens.
在冰山的背风面
– On the leeward side of an iceberg,
你会碰上把这些称为“鲈鱼”的小型冰块
you can get these small bits of ice called growlers.
它们很小 难以在雷达上显示
They’re too small to see on radar.
如你所知 它们像一辆小货车那么大
You know, they’re like the size of a pick-up truck.
一旦冰块和船发生碰撞 这是很有可能的
If it hit the boat exactly wrong,
就会在船体上撞出一个大洞
it’s potential, that it could punch a big enough hole
那么船就会沉没
into the boat, so that the boat could sink.
坦白地说 睡觉是件挺困难的事
– To be fair, it’s hard to sleep
当你离了岗 走下船舱
when you’re off watch and go down below,
你知道另一个看守人会来接你的班
because you know the other watch is going through
因此会有点紧张
exactly the same thing, so it’s a little bit nervous.
这不是航行中我喜欢的事情
Not my favorite part of sailing.
是的 我并不喜欢它
I don’t like it, yeah.
这就是为什么当我们在下面睡觉的时候
– That’s why, when we sleep down below,
把脚向着船首
we sleep with our feet forward,
那样如果船突然停下来 你的脚会先受到冲击
so if you stop suddenly, your feet’ll take the impact,
而不是你的头
not your head.
嘿 伙伴们 我们准备离开这片
– Hey guys, we’re out of the area
已知有冰山的区域了
that there are known to be icebergs,
我们已经花了20分钟
and we’ve got 20 minutes till we’re out of the area
离开这片到处都可能有冰山的区域
where there’s any possibility of an iceberg.
现在全球定位系统显示
– Yeah, right now, by the GPS
还有22英里的距离 得一小时多点才到
we’re at 22 miles, a little over an hour to go.
我们清楚我们正不断前进着
– We knew we were on the pace.
也清楚那个时间是正确的
We knew that the time was right.
(船发出滴答滴答声)
(winches ticking)
很多横跨大西洋的纪录都
– And a lot of transatlantic records fail
在快抵达终点时失败了
right at the finish.
受轻风的影响
Boats get within a hundred mile of the finish,
船在离终点100英里时就停止了
and then they stop, due to the light air.
我知道 一旦我们航行了三分之二的路程
And I knew, once we were 2/3 of the way across,
我们就停不了了
that wasn’t gonna happen,
那阵轻风的力量也足以推动帆
and that low was powerful enough to push that ridge
我们一路将会有这阵风作推动力
and we were gonna have good breeze all the way in.
采访者:你在眺望什么?
– [Interviewer] What are you looking for?
陆地
– Land, yeah.
我们非常期待到达利扎尔
We’re looking for the Lizard.
在船首看 大概还有10英里
Should be on the bow, about 10 miles,
我们已经等不及看到它了
can’t quite see it yet.
这一航行在利扎尔灯塔的
– And the finish is off the Lizard Lighthouse
英格兰西南部结束
in southwest England.
现在!耶!
– Now! (cheering)
凯西:非常感谢你 哥们 祝你好运
– [Casey] Thank you very much, mate, good on ya!
(用外国语交流)
(speaking in foreign language)
实际上我们已经打破纪录了
– Essentially, we had crushed the record.
我们的目标是比玛丽莎的纪录快一天
– The goal was to improve Mari-Cha’s record by a day.
实际我们比它快了1天3个小时
We were able to improve it by one day, three hours.
我们开创了一个全新的策略
We pioneered a completely new tactic,
这个策略就是使用单系统航行
which is the tactic of doing it in a single system.
而这一策略只有科曼奇号才能做到
And it was just barely possible to do that
并且我认为
with a boat like Comanche, and I don’t think
任何比科曼奇号速度慢的船
it would have been possible
都不可能做到
with a monohull that was any slower.
这艘船就是为打破它而建造的
– This boat was built to do that.
它成功做到了
It did it.
我们都很开心
We’re all very happy.
能够打破横渡大西洋的纪录
– It’s such a special thing,
是多么有意义啊
to be able to break this transatlantic record.
超级感谢上天能够
Huge thanks to the weather gods
允许我们做这件事 并且
to allow us to do it, as well,
我们真的做到了
’cause that what it really took.
我很高兴 我也很累(笑)
– I’m happy, I’m tired! (laughs)
我觉得 对于每个船员来说
– I think, for everyone in the crew
这是一件真正值得他们自豪的事情
it was something they’re real proud of,
因为这些纪录将会名留青史
because these records live forever.
所有人:耶!
– [All] Hooray!
像这样的横渡大西洋的纪录
– A record like the transatlantic record
是最负盛名的航海记录之一
is one of the most prestigious events in all of sailing.
尽管日后有人打破了这个纪录
Even if somebody beats our record,
也会让世人得知 科曼奇号
it’ll always show that Comanche took one day, three hours
比它之前的记录快了1天3小时
off the previous one.
(闲适安逸的混合音乐)
(laid-back synthesized music)
(烟花锐鸣 缤纷绽放)
(fireworks whistling and cracking)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

了解科曼奇号横渡大西洋的伟大故事

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

kayra

审核员

审核员 EM

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmz9iqyeSU

相关推荐