ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

反抗童婚的战士 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

反抗童婚的战士

A Warrior’s Cry Against Child Marriage | Memory Banda | TED Talks

I’ll begin today
我将通过分享一首诗
by sharing a poem
开始今天的演讲
written by my friend from Malawi,
这首诗出自于我马拉维的朋友
Eileen Piri.
Eileen Piri
Eileen is only 13 years old,
Eileen 只有十三岁
but when we were going through the collection of poetry that we wrote,
但当我们浏览大家写的诗集时
I found her poem so interesting,
我发现她的诗很有趣
so motivating.
非常的激励人心
So I’ll read it to you.
所以我要分享给你们
She entitled her poem “I’ll Marry When I Want.”
她命名其诗为《我会在我想结婚时结婚》
[Laughter]
[笑声]
“I’ll marry when I want.
“我会在我想结婚时结婚
My mother can’t force me to marry.
我母亲不能强迫我结婚
My father cannot force me to marry.
我父亲不能逼迫我结婚
My uncle, my aunt,
我的叔叔 我的阿姨
my brother or sister,
又或是我的兄弟姐妹
cannot force me to marry.
都无法强制我结婚
No one in the world
世上没有任何人
can force me to marry.
可以强行命令我结婚
I’ll marry when I want.
我会在我想结婚时结婚
Even if you beat me,
打我也好
even if you chase me away,
驱逐我也罢
even if you do anything bad to me,
甚至于对我做尽丧尽天良的事
I’ll marry when I want.
我想结婚了再结婚
I’ll marry when I want,
我想结婚了再结婚
but not before I am well educated,
但在此之前 我需要得到良好的教育
and not before I am all grown up.
需要完全长大
I’ll marry when I want.”
我想结婚了再结婚”
This poem might seem odd,
这首出自于13岁小女孩的诗
written by a 13-year-old girl,
可能让人感觉有点奇怪
but where I and Eileen come from,
但在我和Eileen成长的地方
this poem, which I have just read to you,
我刚给你们分享的这首诗
is a warrior’s cry.
是一个勇士的呐喊
I am from Malawi.
我来自马拉维
Malawi is one of the poorest countries,
世界上最穷的国家之一
very poor,
非常的穷
where gender equality is questionable.
还是个性别平等受到质疑的地方
Growing up in that country,
成长在这样一个国家
I couldn’t make my own choices in life.
我不能决定我自己的人生
I couldn’t even explore
我甚至不能探索
personal opportunities in life.
人生中的机遇
I will tell you a story
我想给你们讲一个故事
of two different girls,
关于两个不同的女孩
two beautiful girls.
两个美丽的女孩
These girls grew up
这两个女孩生活在
under the same roof.
同一个家
They were eating the same food.
她们吃同样的饭菜
Sometimes, they would share clothes,
有时 穿彼此的衣服
and even shoes.
甚至穿对方的鞋子
But their lives ended up differently,
但她们的人生结局却不一样
in two different paths.
可以说截然不同
The other girl is my little sister.
其中一个女孩是我的妹妹
My little sister was only 11 years old
我的妹妹怀孕的时候
when she got pregnant.
只有11岁
It’s a hurtful thing.
这是件让人痛心的事
Not only did it hurt her, even me.
不止伤害了她 也刺痛了我
I was going through a hard time as well.
我那个时候也处境艰难
As it is in my culture,
在我们的文化中
once you reach puberty stage,
一旦你进入青春期
you are supposed to go to initiation camps.
你就应该去启蒙营
In these initiation camps,
在这些启蒙营
you are taught how to sexually please a man.
你将会学习如何在性事上取悦一个男人
There is this special day,
启蒙营里有这么一天
which they call “Very Special Day”
被称为“非常特殊的日子”
where a man who is hired by the community
会有一个被社区雇佣的男人
comes to the camp
来到营中
and sleeps with the little girls.
跟那些小女孩上床
Imagine the trauma that these young girls go through every day.
想象一下这些女孩儿每天要承受的痛苦
Most girls end up pregnant.
大部分女孩以怀孕告终
They even contract HIV and AIDS
有些甚至会感染上艾滋病病毒
and other sexually transmitted diseases.
或者是其他性传播疾病
For my little sister, she ended up being pregnant.
我的妹妹 她是以怀孕告终
Today, she’s only 16 years old
如今 她只有16岁
and she has three children.
却已经有了3个孩子
Her first marriage did not survive,
她的第一段婚姻没有维持下去
nor did her second marriage.
第二段也以失败结尾
On the other side, there is this girl.
而另一个女孩就在这儿
She’s amazing.
她特别棒
[Laughter]
[笑声]
[Applause]
[掌声]
I call her amazing because she is.
我认为她好因为她是真的很棒
She’s very fabulous.
她非常出色
That girl is me.
这个女孩就是我
[Laughter]
[笑声]
When I was 13 years old,
我在13岁的时候
I was told, you are grown up,
他们告诉我 你长大了
you have now reached of age,
已经到了年龄
you’re supposed to go to the initiation camp.
你应该去启蒙营
I was like, “What?
我的反应是“什么?
I’m not going to go to the initiation camps.”
我才不要去启蒙营”
You know what the women said to me?
你们知道那些妇女对我说什么吗?
“You are a stupid girl. Stubborn.
“你这个笨女孩 太固执
You do not respect the traditions of our society, of our community.”
你不尊重我们社会和团体的传统”
I said no because I knew where I was going.
我说 “不” 正是因为我知道我将会去哪里
I knew what I wanted in life.
我知道我想要什么
I had a lot of dreams as a young girl.
我是个充满梦想的少女
I wanted to get well educated,
我想得到好的教育
to find a decent job in the future.
在将来找到一份体面的工作
I was imagining myself as a lawyer,
我想象自己是个律师
seated on that big chair.
坐在那种大椅子上
Those were the imaginations that And I knew that one day,
这些是每天在我脑海畅游的 我也坚信会有这么一天
I would contribute something, a little something to my community.
我将为我的社区贡献微薄之力
But every day after refusing,
但每天我拒绝他们之后
women would tell me,
那些妇女们告诉我
“Look at you, you’re all grown up. Your little sister has a baby.
“看看你 已经长大了 你妹都有一个孩子了
What about you?”
你是不是也该结婚了?”
thoes was the music that I was hearing every day,
这些是我每天听到的魔音
and those are the music that girls hear every day
这也是每天环绕在那些不响应集体要求的女孩
when they don’t do something that the community needs them to do.
耳边的催命曲
When I compared the two stories between me and my sister,
当我对比我和妹妹的故事时
I said, “Why can’t I do something?
我意识到“为什么我不去做些什么?
Why can’t I change something that has happened for a long time
为什么我不去改变我们社区中
in our community?”
长久存在的陋习?”
That was when I called other girls
这个时候我号召其他女孩们
just like my sister, who have children,
像我妹妹一样有孩子的
who have been in class but they have forgotten how to read and write.
也曾在课堂却早已忘记如何读写的女孩
I said, “Come on, we can remind each other
我说“来吧 我们能让彼此
how to read and write again,
重新想起如何读书和写字
how to hold the pen, how to read, to hold the book.”
如何执笔 如何去捧着书本阅读”
It was a great time I had with them.
我跟她们共度的时光是美好的
Nor did I just learn a little about them,
我从她们身上学到了很多
but they were able to tell me their personal stories,
我有机会听她们诉说自己的故事
what they were facing every day
例如她们作为一个年轻母亲
as young mothers.
每天都在面对些什么
That was when I was like,
那时候我就想
‘Why can’t we take all these things that are happening to us
“为什么不把所有发生在我们身上的事
and present them and tell our mothers, our traditional leaders,
展示给我们的母亲 我们的传统领导人
that these are the wrong things?”
告诉他们那是错误的?”
It was a scary thing to do,
这是件很恐怖的事情
because these traditional leaders,
因为传统领导人
they are already accustomed to the things
早都习惯于
that have been there for ages.
这存在已久的事情
A hard thing to change,
要改变这件事很难
but a good thing to try.
但值得一试
So we tried.
所以我们放手一搏
It was very hard, but we pushed.
虽然这事异常困难 但是我们迎难而上
And I’m here to say that in my community,
如今我在这里骄傲的告诉你们
it was the first community after girls
我们社区是第一个在女孩们
pushed so hard to our traditional leader,
对传统领导人施压后
and our leader stood up for us and said
领导人为我们站出来说
no girl has to be married before the age of 18.
女孩18岁之前不用结婚的社区
[Applause]
[掌声]
In my community,
在我的社区
that was the first time a community,
这是第一次
they had to call the bylaws,
他们得重审规章制度
the first bylaw that protected girls
也是我们社区
in our community.
第一个保护女孩们的制度
We did not stop there.
我们并没有止步于此
We forged ahead.
而是继续前进
We were determined to fight for girls not just in my community,
我们立志不仅仅为自己社区
but even in other communities.
而是为更多社区的女孩奋斗
When the child marriage bill was being presented in February,
当二月份提出限制童婚法案后
we were there at the Parliament house.
我们总是出现在国会大厦
Every day, when the members of Parliament were entering,
每天 国会议员们进大厦时
we were telling them, “Would you please support the bill?”
我们说“您愿意支持这条法案吗?”
And we don’t have much technology like here,
我们也并没有跟这里一样的技术
but we have our small phones.
但我们有自己的小手机
So we said, “Why can’t we get their numbers and text them?”
所以我们想“要不给他们发信息?”
So we did that. It was a good thing.
所以我们就发了 那是一个好决定
[Applause]
[掌声]
So when the bill passed, we texted them back,
所以当法案通过时 我们给他们回信
“Thank you for supporting the bill.”
“我们感谢您支持这条法案”
[Laughter]
[笑声]
And when the bill was signed by the president,
当总统签署了法案
making it into law, it was a plus.
把它写入法律中时 简直是锦上添花
Now, in Malawi, 18 is the legal marriage age, from 15 to 18.
如今马拉维的结婚年龄由15改到18岁
[Applause]
[掌声]
It’s a good thing to know that the bill passed,
法案的通过是一件好事
but let me tell you this:
但让我提醒你们一件事:
There are countries where 18 is the legal marriage age,
也有很多国家的法定结婚年龄是18岁
but don’t we hear cries of women and girls every day?
但我们不也每天听着妇女们的哭泣吗?
Every day, girls’ lives are being wasted away.
女孩们的生命力在日渐衰竭
This is high time for leaders to honor their commitment.
这正是领导人们履行承诺的时候
In honoring this commitment,
履行承诺是指
it means keeping girls’ issues at heart every time.
坚持每天把女孩们的境遇放在心上
We don’t have to be subjected as second,
我们不再被隶属为次等人
but they have to know that women, as we are in this room,
他们应该像这里一样正视女性
we are not just women, we are not just girls,
我们不只是妇女 不只是女孩
we are extraordinary.
我们是无与伦比的
We can do more.
我们能做的更多
And another thing for Malawi,
关于马拉维的另一件事
and not just Malawi but other countries:
且不仅是马拉维 还有其他国家:
The laws which are there,
法律不是摆设
you know how a law is not a law until it is enforced?
法律只有被执行了才可以称之为法律
The law which has just recently passed
最近才通过的这项法律
and the laws that in other countries have been there,
和其他国家设立了很久的法律
they need to be publicized at the local level, at the community level,
都应该在地方 甚至整个社区
where girls’ issues are very striking.
在女孩们身处困境
Girls face issues, difficult issues, at the community level every day.
苦苦挣扎的地方每天宣传
So if these young girls know that there are laws that protect them,
当这些女孩知道有法律保护她们
they will be able to stand up and defend themselves
她们才有勇气站出来保护自己
because they will know that there is a law that protects them.
因为她们将确信自己被法律所保护着
And another thing I would say is that
我还要说的另一件事是
girls’ voices and women’s voices
女孩们和妇女们的声音
are beautiful, they are there,
是美丽 是真实存在的
but we cannot do this alone.
但我们不能单枪匹马
Male advocates, they have to jump in,
也要有男性拥护者加入
to step in and work together.
和我们一同努力
It’s a collective work.
这是个集体的任务
What we need is what girls elsewhere need:
我们的需求是所有女孩共同需要的:
good education, and above all, not to marry whilst 11.
良好的教育 尤其是 不在11岁前结婚
And furthermore,
此外
I know that together,
我知道通过共同努力
we can transform the legal,
我们能改变不承认女性权利的
the cultural and political framework
那些法律
that denies girls of their rights.
糟粕文化和政治框架
I am standing here today
我今天站在这里
and declaring that we can end child marriage in a generation.
宣告我们这一代人可以结束童婚
This is the moment
这正是时候
where a girl and a girl, and millions of girls worldwide,
当一个女孩 及世界上数百万的女孩们
will be able to say,
能够说出
“I will marry when I want.”
“我会在我想结婚时结婚”
[Applause]
[掌声]
Thank you.[Applause]
谢谢 [掌声]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

来自马拉维反抗童婚的战士讲述他们为废除童婚所做的努力,呼吁全世界各个国家正视女性的权利以及保护儿童不被童婚所迫害。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

YXG-314f2

审核员

审核员YY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkFTZcUPjBg

相关推荐